PDA

View Full Version : choy lay fut names translationes

GARRA DE TIGRE
08-30-2004, 09:10 AM
i am searching for the translations of some names of choy lay fut to english . i would apreciate any help .

- peel sao ( the ascendent double crane beak movement to the shoulders before seung cham kiu - tong ji bai fut )

- long tao ( the block befeore fahn jong choy )

- pol choy ( the hammer strike )

- pak sao ( the palm blocking before biu jong )

- in this one i don't know the chinese name ( the circular double blocking palms before darn lah )

- other one is the double hammer fists to the groin in the salute of basic forms like siu ping kuen before seung cheung ahn choy )

- the name of gum geen ( golden scissor ) when is perform in descendent motion .

i hope anyone can help me

Fu-Pow
08-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by GARRA DE TIGRE
[B]i am searching for the translations of some names of choy lay fut to english . i would apreciate any help .

- peel sao ( the ascendent double crane beak movement to the shoulders before seung cham kiu - tong ji bai fut )

Here's the sequence, pai sau (ie peel sao) is something else:

Peng Jaang=Level the elbow (the move you refer to)
Kuk Saat=Bend Knee
Pai Sau= Split the Hands

- long tao ( the block befeore fahn jong choy )

Lung Tao= Dragons head???

- pol choy ( the hammer strike )

Break Strike (usually for the collar bone or side of neck)

- pak sao ( the palm blocking before biu jong )

Slap the Hand

- in this one i don't know the chinese name ( the circular double blocking palms before darn lah )

Chiu Sau=Palms face out or Jaap= Close

- other one is the double hammer fists to the groin in the salute of basic forms like siu ping kuen before seung cheung ahn choy )

Seung Gwa Cheuih

- the name of gum geen ( golden scissor ) when is perform in descendent motion .

Gam Jin

I have an entire translation of the LKH Siu Mui Fah if you want it. Give me your email and I'll send it to you. I think it would help you out.

GARRA DE TIGRE
08-31-2004, 02:37 AM
thank you fu pow , i really want have that translation .

the movement i was speaking in the salute of minor forms is not seung gwa choy , i mean a similar double split hands to the groin but with your fists close . like a low seung been choy .

Fu-Pow
08-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by GARRA DE TIGRE
thank you fu pow , i really want have that translation . my email is

southernshaolin@hotmail.com

I will send that out in the next couple days.

the movement i was speaking in the salute of minor forms is not seung gwa choy , i mean a similar double split hands to the groin but with your fists close . like a low seung been choy .

I think I know the move you are talking about and its called seung gwa cheuih. As in step forward left, step forward right, double back fist. Someone else might want to jump in here as maybe I'm not thinking of the same move.

another question ¨:

how you call the double circle arms before the crescent kick in siu sup gee kow da kuen ?

Sifu Mak calls that Fu Hei. It translates to something like "swat the air."

also speaking of siu sup gee kow da , how you interprete the aplication of lau ma seung na movement before the fahn jong choys . do you think you grap to differents opponents or you grap the same opponent with you 2 hands and perform a throwing technique ? [/B]

In the form, the front hand (left) is doing a grab/punch. The back hand (right) is swinging up and back..... so it is a strike and not really a grab at all.

The application would be that you grab or punch the opponent in front of you and simultaneously the back hand swings up and hits the person behind you in the chin.

If you grabbed the person in front then you could just hold on to them and give them a faan jong to the gut or to the chin.

Remember that there is always more than one application for a particular move and other people might have different ideas about how to use it.

However, as it appears in the form I don't really see another way.

jmann06405
09-20-2004, 03:58 PM
I have an entire translation of the LKH Siu Mui Fah if you want it. Give me your email and I'll send it to you. I think it would help you out. [/B][/QUOTE]

FuPow ,
If you would email that to me at jmann06405@yahoo.com, I would be grateful!
JM