PDA

View Full Version : Come on, all at once...

whatthe?
08-30-2004, 08:55 PM
....or one at a time, it doesn't matter, I'll have ya!

and with that gentleman I proudly announce my very first post.
:D

(normal posting will resume after happy hour!)

Mr Punch
08-30-2004, 09:57 PM
[breaks pool cue over whatthe?'s head from behind]

Welcome to the bar... er, board.

I'm only trying to finish me drink then'll be outta here!.. but these arsey *******s keep me around for one more...

old jong
08-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Écoutes-moié ben mon tabarnak!...T'as rienque à l'dire pis tu vas l'avoir sua yeule!...

(Very very bad agressive and vulgar Quebec french language!) ;) :p

Good on you mate!;)

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-31-2004, 07:18 AM
Wow!

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-31-2004, 07:47 AM
“They get pi**ed off for no reason… We’re not gone na take it! We’re not gone na take it! We’re not gona take it, Anymore”!

Dave Chapelle.

That little saying is by Twisted Sister. Detroit City Rocks.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Matrix
08-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by old jong
Écoutes-moié ben mon tabarnak!...T'as rienque à l'dire pis tu vas l'avoir sua yeule!... Sacré bleu... :eek: :eek: :p

old jong
08-31-2004, 01:40 PM
;) ;) ;)
Shocking!:p

El Tejon
08-31-2004, 03:50 PM
What's with all the aggression? Can't we just say "hello" and shake hands?:D

whatthe?
08-31-2004, 04:16 PM
OUCH....Wahtthe@#$* (rubs head - removes pool cue)

Mummy?:D

We just dont talk anymore.:p

Miles Teg
08-31-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey srapper!
Im tHinking of moving to Melbourne cause everyone is telling me it is the place to be. Whats the Martial art scene like there?
What W.C schools are down there and other Martial Arts? e.g. do they have any BJJ?

whatthe?
08-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Melbourne has a quite a few martial art schools, most of 'em being karate, tkd, muay thai stuff. A few choy lai fut and hung gar, but the good ones are taught by the chinese masonic schools who don't really advertise. BJJ is pretty well represented, but i dont know much about it.

WC wise William Cheung has the city pretty wrapped up for the mainstream - lots of his students have offshoots. Dave Peterson is here - pretty cool, but hard for me to get to. Rumour has it that some old chinese guy is teaching Hung Fa Yi privately, BUT I stress this is a rumour - no confirmation yet. Stefan Fischers (Leung Ting) posse from Sydney are making a run on the market this year with one school open somewhere.
Me, well after having to comeback here from London it took me a while to find something that suited me - met one of Chu Shong Tins students who moved here from NZ and now I train privately with him.
So if ya coming holler and i can show you the fight club we call our local pub if you need some dynamic training :p

anerlich
08-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Miles,

Melbourne is arguably the BJJ capital of Australia. Most major BJJ orgs are very well represented. The biggest problem you would have in looking for a school is narrowing down the plethora of choices.

Miles Teg
08-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Awesome that theres that much BJJ cause I couldnt find much on the internet about it.

....and really awesome because I know the guy who you are training with. He is my teachers teacher. I trained with him once but most of the time he wasnt in NZ but Hong Kong. How often do you train with him? How about fees? Is he letting in other students?
If you dont want to answer on the forum email me at graymasako@ybb.ne.jp.

whatthe?
08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Miles...sweet as bro!

...he's keeping it small, but there's room for more. Trainings 3 times a week, but my work load makes it hard to get there as much as I would like.
When do you think you will be coming here maybe?

russellsherry
08-31-2004, 08:34 PM
hi miles i went to see this guy and told you about him his name is joe chan and he is quite good , but a bit diferent to what istuaght here but he is good though by the wa what the , i know whoyou are do you work for the airlines ? and yes melbrourne is the best wing chun and bjj in oz but dont tell anerlick that i might get beat up ha ha peace russellsherry

Miles Teg
08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Well......
Im in Japan now but Im getting sick of it here. Im itching to get away but I feel the need to save a little more money while its coming. Got a wife and 2 kids so I would need to get wrok sorted out before I get there. On the other hand my new job kind of sux and my wife is also nagging to get out of the country, so Im thinking of throwing all caution into the wind and taking the family back to NZ and then take off to Melbourne on my own to find work. Also there is no Wing CHun in Japan.

Everyone is telling me that Melbourne is awesome. My sister moved there from Auckland and she doesnt look she loves it there. I just read a japanese article about it being one of the easiest places in the world to live.
Does it look like your teacher will be sticking around for a while?

russellsherry
08-31-2004, 08:55 PM
hi miles my teacher is a diffent sifu who trained under stephan chan , and wong shun leurng and the great randy williams, he is also mainly into arnis now ill hook you up, if you get here peace russellsherry ps david peterson is not to be forgeten as well

whatthe?
08-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Russell, i think you have me mixed up with someone else as I'm pretty sure we haven't met. I came from the Lee Sing family in England through Joseph Man, but since I had to move back here I have been with Joe for about a year and a half. Yeah it is alot different from what I was doing...not necessarily better, rather a different focus, but i am open to anything that shows a comprehensive level of progressive skill that works. Miles, what can say - I've been here a long time and yeah the lifestyle is pretty good - not too expensive - good food everywhere - I'm sure your family would fit in well . Pretty laid back.

Miles Teg
08-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Sounds cool.

Looking forward to meeting you in Melbourne!

I would also be interested to here about the Lee Sing style as I havent seen it before. Maybe when I go over there you could explain it.

Now to find work .. .........

joedoe
08-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Melbourne sucks, Sydney is the place to be :D

Just kidding. Melbourne is a nice enough place. There are probably more CMA schools in Sydney, but Melbourne has more than its fair share as well. And the traffic in Sydney is terrible. ;)

anerlich
08-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Miles,

this link has a lot of good BJJ schools on it, many in Melbourne. Personally I'd go for one of the Machado schools on bjj.com.au, but I'm biased since I attend one myself.

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=SetMasterFrame&FID=12&PID=16

whatthe?
08-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Thems fighting words Joedoe...do you wanna go to war?..well, do you? .....
(see first posting)...How about we meet halfway? Then we can give David Peterson an update on the border inccident :p

Interstate war...Now thats what I'm talkin 'bout!!!

Maaannnn, I feel like I'm at home already givin the other postings a run for their (flaming) money...Send Keith, send Emin, hell send Tonya "kneecap" Harding......I'm ready I tell ya!:D

Mr Punch
09-01-2004, 01:58 AM
Miles man, where the **** is Nagoya anyway?! I keep telling you man, we've got every martial art in Tokyo!

Still, I know what you mean, sometimes this place can really **** you off.

joedoe
09-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by whatthe?
Thems fighting words Joedoe...do you wanna go to war?..well, do you? .....
(see first posting)...How about we meet halfway? Then we can give David Peterson an update on the border inccident :p

Interstate war...Now thats what I'm talkin 'bout!!!

Maaannnn, I feel like I'm at home already givin the other postings a run for their (flaming) money...Send Keith, send Emin, hell send Tonya "kneecap" Harding......I'm ready I tell ya!:D

We can meet halfway (where is half way anyway?) or we can meet at the border :D

Miles Teg
09-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the link Anerlich. Yep there sure are a lot. I dont know how I missed all that info floating around the net. But Im looking forward to checking them out.

Matt
Nagoya is supposed to be the 4th biggest city in Japan but its soooooo boring. I lived in Tokyo for 2 years and that was cool. Just a bit tough to move out there with the family and then theres the expensive rent etc. Nah but a complete change of environment would be good.