PDA

View Full Version : What shoes you guys wear ? Bought em online ?

TzuChan
07-18-2001, 10:40 PM
Hello,

Since I seem to be living in this isolated country when it comes to Wing Chun, I was wondering if it is possible to buy GOOD gear for WT online. Especially the shoes, dunno, what shoes you guys where ? Some simple flat nike shoes you can buy everywhere ? Or some special WT shoes ? Or special Martial Art shoes ? Really have no clue, so if you guys have bought some online, please post a link , and tell me if you're happy about em or not, how long they've been lasting. If you bought some simple shoes, also please tell me what shoes (try to go into detail so don't say "some flat nikes" or something :p)

Thanks for the help guys

Wing Chun is h o l l y

wongfeilung809
07-18-2001, 10:53 PM
i wearsome circas, skate shoees, and globes, nothing special...
simpleangles

Shadowboxer
07-18-2001, 11:14 PM
I wear Addidas. Nothing special, just the 3 stripe kind. I figure I should train in the kind of shoes I wear the most; should anything occur I'm ready.

wingchunwsl
07-19-2001, 12:46 AM
i just wear my kswiss. hey how are the classes tzu'chan?

txwingchun
07-19-2001, 02:47 AM
i like to wear platform boots or golf shoes with metal spikes, but whne i can't i just wear my converse.

Sihing73
07-19-2001, 06:08 AM
Hello,

I usually wear a pair of wrestling shoes/boots when I train in class. These provide good ankle support and do not mark the floor.

Outside of class and at home I wear anything from slippers to sneakers to bare feet. Does not really matter to me as I figure I should be able to adjust no matter what I have on. I find that sneakers are most applicable all around as that is what I most likley will be wearing on the street. I am a fairly cheap guy so if you remember Bo-Bos' you have a pretty good idea of what I wear :D LOL

I do have a nice pair of Nikes which are kind of like the boots you wear when swimming. They are slip on and slip off and very comfortable. Unfortunately, my wife likes them too and has often commandered them for her use. :mad: :(

Peace,

Dave

TjD
07-19-2001, 03:21 PM
at home i walk around barefoot... at work i have to wear stupid work shoes (i hate dressing up - i feel like a caged monkey)

at kung fu i wear my sneakers that i wear everywhere else

chances are if i ever get into a fight ill be wearing those sneakers anyhow :)

peace
trav

if you never get into a fight,
you can never be defeated,
if you can never be defeated,
you are invincible

TzuChan
07-19-2001, 05:21 PM
was much help, cause I have this vacation job where I can get shoes for the price the actual vendors get em (I have to tell you guys, everytime you buy shoes, know that the vendor is making 50% profit on your ass:)) So shoes from let's say 100$ I get for 50$ :p So now I kinda know what I have to buy, the same as I wear on the street, that would be those adidasses with the 3 white stripes (what you could wear for skateboarding for ex.)

wingchunwsl
The classes are awsome, every 3 months some dude from Germany will come to our WT class. He is a student from some chinese respected dude, but I really don't know their names yet cause I've only had 1 lesson (the day before the day before yesterday)

Wing Chun is h o l l y

whippinghand
07-19-2001, 05:27 PM
They force you to have a balanced stance, instead of relying on the soles of sport shoes.