PDA

View Full Version : Hero DVD

Code Fu
08-31-2004, 11:49 AM
So what's the deal? Is the Hero DVD out of stock? Did Kung Fu Magazine receive a cease and desist from Miramax citing some sort of exclusive rights?

Seems like normally when an item is out of stock the site says so. Now the URL that used to be the Hero DVD page redirects to the home page.

I'd like to purchase the DVD, but can't seem to find it anywhere now.

Any info is appreciated,
~Jason

MasterKiller
08-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
We just got a cease and desist letter from Miramax. We will no longer be offering Hero at MartialArtsMart (http://www.martialartsmart.com). :(

Code Fu
08-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Ah. Thanks, man.

Odin of Wei
09-03-2004, 09:57 PM
I say...

...STICK IT TO THE MAN! :mad:

:cool:

SimonM
09-06-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm glad I already have a copy then. Before I found the one I have (in a local store) I was going to get one off of MartialArtsMart.com. Bloody Miramax.

GeneChing
09-07-2004, 09:05 AM
I hear that it's scheduled for release for this year's holiday season - apparently there will be a dubbed version available as one of the options.

SimonM
09-07-2004, 11:02 AM
I will NOT watch Hero dubbed. I don't like dubbing. :cool:

GeneChing
09-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Just never click that option and you won't have too. BTW, we were offered an exclusive story on the dubbing of Hero, which is how I heard about this in the first place, but we gave it a pass.

Code Fu
09-08-2004, 06:15 AM
Why did you turn down the story?

GeneChing
09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Well, in general, I felt most of our readers shared the opinion of SimonM and didn't care much for dubbing. Also, given the general antipathy here towards Miramax, I didn't feel that it would have been that interesting to our readers here. But mostly, the offer came right after we got our cease and desist, so it was sort of like "what? you want us to promote your DVD now?" :rolleyes:

Odin of Wei
09-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Well, in general, I felt most of our readers shared the opinion of SimonM and didn't care much for dubbing. Also, given the general antipathy here towards Miramax, I didn't feel that it would have been that interesting to our readers here. But mostly, the offer came right after we got our cease and desist, so it was sort of like "what? you want us to promote your DVD now?" :rolleyes:
Word to that!

Are we supposed to stop talking about it now?

Oh and when I saw it it wasn't dubbed at all...and I didn't notice anything cut from when I saw it a year ago. I just noticed that they added some parts.
Such as the start of the movie giving the intro and the end where they actually said what happened at the end...they didn't do that in the china one.

ok done now...

GeneChing
09-10-2004, 09:19 AM
My understanding is that they are just working on the dub version now - or they just finished it - just for a extra track option on the DVD. We heard this through James Hong, who's invovled in the project and a good friend of Tiger Claw (http://www.tigerclaw.com)