PDA

View Full Version : nutrition

Sec
07-18-2001, 10:41 PM
Hello, after reading though loads of good posts I thought it was time to signup :)

My question is what do you guys eat? I read that good nutrition can help avoid injuries, "if an accident does take place, nutrition is the element that causes you to heal quicker."
The thing is I don't eat any meats or fish, so I'm finding it hard to get a good balance in my diet. I would appreciate any ideas.

- Someone may feel they have achieved the success of daily life in the "visible", such as material and financial status, but they have failed at the "invisible" success in knowing the basic principle of life and to live it within everyday life. - Author Unknown

TzuChan
07-18-2001, 10:46 PM
But I drink like .. a lot of milk. I simply like it. But it is well known to be good for your bones (the calcium etc...) and I have to say that it pays off. Let's take for example an extreem situation :

I went snowboarding with a friend, I fell extremely hard after trying to jump over a rock and got stuck somewhere with my side of the board. So the effect was that my upper body kept moving (about 180°) but the other part , so the legs, stayed absolutely still. I am certain that if I hadn't drunk so much milk in whole my life that I would have broken at least something.

Same thing with skiing, I fell and one ski did some freaky ****, I broke nothing. My brother, drinks an awfull lot of coca cola, which is bad for the bones, broke his leg as if it was a twitch.

Now this may sound stupid and all, but it's true, hope this helps you for at least 0,1% :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

Sec
07-19-2001, 12:46 AM
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

- Someone may feel they have achieved the success of daily life in the "visible", such as material and financial status, but they have failed at the "invisible" success in knowing the basic principle of life and to live it within everyday life. - Author Unknown