PDA

View Full Version : New Wing Chun Magazine/Newsletter Starting

martyg
09-01-2004, 03:53 AM
After debating about whether I wanted to take it on or not, I decided the void left by the disappearance of publications like Wing Chun Viewpoint and Wing Chun Today had gone on to long.

So....I'm starting up a community contributed Wing Chun specific newsletter entitled Wing Chun Tea House. The newsletter will be quarterly, and distributed via the internet (Adobe format) initially.

As such, I'm now seeking submissions. These should include normal articles, general news, seminar announcements, etc. I'd like to keep editing down to grammatical errors, so please - leave the politics out and try and stay in the spirit of the title of the magazine. Submissions can include photos and/or artwork.

All submissions should be directed to: wgungfu3@aol.com

Thanks!

Marty

Jedi-X
09-01-2004, 08:52 AM
I think that's a good idea. I wish you the best of luck with your publication. Don't be surprised if I submit something.

PaulH
09-01-2004, 01:11 PM
But we have it already! It's the KFO! It's a 24 hours all year round treasure site for anthropologists like me to dig. Not much meat but plenty of interesting bones! So far I'm still trying to reconstruct ancient Wing Chun fajing from Hendrikorean theorem! =)

Vajramusti
09-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Paul- not just ancient- fajing can be there now.
Regarding Hendrik's theorems--- they can be clear- if one doesnt feed the trolls and keep hendrik from singing and get used to his prose. And of course sometimes he can be right and sometimes wrong.

PaulH
09-01-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't know, Joy. Do you know anyone who can FaJing with a smile? Most people have the constipated look when they do it. Some like to have interesting guttural sounds for emphasis.
Oh well, so Far my Jing... =)

Vajramusti
09-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Paul H asks-
Do you know anyone who can FaJing with a smile?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I do. The "looks" you refer to are usually stimulated by
magazine folks.

PaulH
09-01-2004, 05:43 PM
That's great, Joy! I would love to see how it is done if Fortune and Chance smile on me sometimes. Got to run to Gary's now. O\_

martyg
09-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Jedi-X
I think that's a good idea. I wish you the best of luck with your publication. Don't be surprised if I submit something.

Thanks for the well wishes, and feel free to submit something.

Marty