PDA

View Full Version : Aerboics, Tae Bo, etc.

WuMan
09-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Just looking for another form of cardio training other than running and swimming. Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Thanks.

Toby
09-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Calgary? Mountain biking? Hiking? MA? Burpees? Machines? Bag work? You're really limited only by your imagination.

rubthebuddha
09-02-2004, 08:58 PM
skip rope as well.

but i think bag work is bestest at least for what we do, as long as you do it with power and form -- and go balls out.

Serpent
09-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Calgary?
What's that then?

Serpent
09-02-2004, 11:40 PM
I mean, other than a place in Canada, you smart mouthed monkeys.

Toby
09-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Bwahahaha! Roflmao! Haven't you done Calgary HIIT before Serp? :D

Ooh-ooh, aah-aah. *swings away scratching ass*

WuMan
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Calgary HIIT? I've heard of HIIT but Calgary?

Serpent
09-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Bwahahaha! Roflmao! Haven't you done Calgary HIIT before Serp? :D

Ooh-ooh, aah-aah. *swings away scratching ass*
:confused:

Toby
09-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
... you smart mouthed monkeys.

Serpent
09-03-2004, 01:52 AM
Ah, I see. Now I get that part.

But I still don't know what Calgary is, other than a place in Canada....

Toby
09-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Uh, a place in Canada. Where WuMan lives according to the info under his name. Right on the edge of the Canadian Rockies. A few hours drive from amazing mountains and rivers, although Calgary itself is in the middle of the ugly prairies. I saw his info and said "(Oh, you live in) Calgary? (What about) Mountain biking? Hiking? ..."

Now that that's explained, what about x-country skiing with winter approaching? Snowshoeing?

blooming lotus
09-03-2004, 02:44 AM
In China there are stairs everywhere, lots and lots of stairs !! If you run up them as often as you can and even walk when practical, you'd be surprised the difference that makes.

For cardio, basket ball ( as in a few good sweaty rounds ) is good value and agreeing with boxing. Then you also get benifit of abs and hand/ strike conditioning. ;) 1/2 hr of Aerobics to max capacity ( high integrity in each movement) a few times a week 'll also get you there and if you incorperate a callisthenic programme , and condition your muscles to remain dense over long periods, this will do awesome things for cardio performance aswell. No less than an hour a few times a week will do it and complimentary to your gongfu ( if you 're doing any ) you should pull some superb condition.

Serpent
09-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Uh, a place in Canada. Where WuMan lives according to the info under his name. Right on the edge of the Canadian Rockies. A few hours drive from amazing mountains and rivers, although Calgary itself is in the middle of the ugly prairies. I saw his info and said "(Oh, you live in) Calgary? (What about) Mountain biking? Hiking? ..."

Now that that's explained, what about x-country skiing with winter approaching? Snowshoeing?
Oh right! Finally I've caught up with ya! ;)

blooming lotus, hush. Adults are talking now.

Can we all just put that as our sigs to save time.

Mind you, as the dude is in Canada, then running to China in order to make use of all the stairs would be some pretty good cardio.

blooming lotus
09-03-2004, 05:07 AM
Bugger off you wombat! I 've been studying as long and it was good advice. My cardio regimes kick as*. Anyway carry on. :rolleyes:

FooFighter
09-03-2004, 06:33 AM
WuMan

I would argue that running or jogging is the king of cardiovascular training and would focus there if cardio is your main goal. But there are many ways to get your cardio in and depending your tastes and needs there are many methods.

Here are some of my personal favorite:

1. Jump rope

2. Bike

3. Shadow Boxing

4. Farmer Walks with KBs

5. Circuit Training

6. Making Love

WuMan
09-03-2004, 09:40 AM
:eek: making love.. now that i like =p

thanks for all the advice guys, i'll look into it.

rubthebuddha
09-03-2004, 10:03 AM
making whoopie is the proper fitness term. please use correct vocabulary. :mad:

:D

by the way, serpie, aside from running to china, BL is right. find yourself a basketball player from the local high school varsity team and try to keep up with him. then, when you're done, know that ketchup will make that crow you're eating easier to swallow. :p

blooming lotus
09-03-2004, 09:28 PM
lol... good points..

A. don't forget the lurve making : get creative and there's some funky workout shyte right there

B. have the hiccups and kind of
.jumpy for now.

get your sweat on on how you find it.

peace and good seshes to you all .

bl

Serpent
09-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
making whoopie is the proper fitness term. please use correct vocabulary. :mad:

I thought the official term was Horizontal Slamming, at least in it's basic form. More advanced methods tend to move away from the horizontal.

by the way, serpie, aside from running to china, BL is right. find yourself a basketball player from the local high school varsity team and try to keep up with him. then, when you're done, know that ketchup will make that crow you're eating easier to swallow. :p
Oh, I agree with that completely. A mate of mine is a very good basketballer and he can run rings around me on the court. Then again, I'm crap at basketball.

Other than that she suggested stairs in China and then nothing else that others hadn't already suggested.

blooming lotus
09-03-2004, 10:57 PM
so sue me!!! iI gave him only one thing he might use ( but not really if you re-read previous posts) ........ what AM I ??? you're freakin goddess ??!!!?? A tip is a tip!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: fanclubs and demands / expectations :rolleyes: :mad: :cool:

cerebus
09-04-2004, 02:28 PM
:rolleyes: yeah bl, you're everyone's goddess (my, but you have a high opinion of yourself) :rolleyes: .

Poor bl, and all the "demands / expectations" of her many fanclubs :rolleyes: . Get over your lame self, please.

blooming lotus
09-04-2004, 08:42 PM
you know that's not the context I meant it in, and this conversation is hardly contributing to group, so unless you want to get personal, think of a "real" point to share ha :rolleyes:

Serpent
09-05-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
you know that's not the context I meant it in,
So how did you mean it?

blooming lotus
09-06-2004, 02:17 AM
I am the one who said I wasn't ( as in "not your guru gal, take what you get)

anything you can do to move faster or more dynamically throughout your day will increase your cardio. Minds' eye's the limit. :) :cool:

now back to getting this guy bouncing .........

Serpent
09-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
I am the one who said I wasn't ( as in "not your guru gal, take what you get)

Nobody here ever suggested you were.