PDA

View Full Version : Pel's Book

Three Harmonies
09-04-2004, 06:56 AM
I was wondering if Pel Laoshi could provide us with some info on how to attain his "Praying Mantis - A Deadly Game of Strategy" book? I have tried to e-mail you several times regarding this, but have yet to hear back! I would like to get a copy if they are available.

Thank you,
Jake Burroughs
three_harmonies@hotmail.com
www.threeharmonies.com

cerebus
09-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Hmmmm. Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear more about that too.

Wang Rui Xuan
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Shifu Pel¡¯s book is entitled ¡®TANG LANG QUAN ZHI SHENG MEN¡¯(Praying Mantis - A Deadly Game of Strategy). In it there is a virtual universe of information covering training, application, and theory. Just as a sampling there are a couple of fascinating chapters entitled SI JI TANG LANG FA (ËÄ»÷ó«òë·¨), and JIU FA (¾Å·¨), encompassing a very detailed outline of the Four Striking Forces of Praying Mantis, and the Nine Strategic Points of Praying Mantis. Unfortunately however, from what I understand, the purpose of the book is specifically intended for those students training under shifu Pel, as well as members within his organization.

Best regards,
Wang Rui Xuan

Three Harmonies
09-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Wang thanks for the info. So is this book in english? I was wondering if Mr Pel could offer any help regarding his book,a nd where to get a copy?

Thanks
Jake

norther practitioner
09-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forums Jake...

Three Harmonies
09-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks!

Three Harmonies
09-14-2004, 01:54 PM
I recently got a private email from one of Pel laoshi's students, sternly (but politely) emphasizing that this book is strictly reserved for Pel Laoshi's students solely. So I guess the rest of us are SOL.
I am left to feel as if it is a bit egomanical to post references all over ones site regarding a published book, yet strongly oppose any "outsider" from viewing it. If that is the case, fine, I am not judging you. But don't flaunt in front of everyone, and when someone honestly asks about something contact them back and tell them in person. Does everyone agree that this would be "proper respect"?? This "proper respect" issue seems to be hot lately so I wonder what others' thoughts are?

Sincerely,
Jake Burroughs
Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center

BeiTangLang
09-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Something that is seen in ones actions wrather than in the oral or written posturing. Mark well how people treat others, because one day the other might just be you.

Since there is no book to be gained here,..I shall lock this thread.
Best wishes to you all.
~BTL