PDA

View Full Version : Deadlifting

WinterPalm
09-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, I've recently joined the gym at my University and the facilities are pretty great! They've got a room full of squat racks and actual areas to set up and deadlift or squat! Bumper plates galore as this is where the Manitoba Olympic people train, so I have access, as soon as I learn the lifts, to use these. As well there are all sorts of gyms to train in and weight machines everywhere with bikes and treadmills. The funny thing is the weight ares is called the Gritty Grotto and is located in the partially destroyed basement! There are missing walls behind everything where only piles of brick and busted wood lay about and it doesn't look like anyone is going to be fixing it up anytime soon. Oh yeah, I looked around and no grip machine, no kettlebells, but there are dumbbells in the range of 115 but I think they have heavy ones as I didn't look around too much.
On to the deadlifting.
I started with 225X8
Then 250X5 for 2 sets
Then 295 once and then 315, which is a personal best.
All in all it was a great workout.:)

Toby
09-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by WinterPalm
... there are dumbbells in the range of 115 but I think they have heavy ones as I didn't look around too much.I'd call 115lb dumbells heavy :). Congrats. Sounds like you found a good gym. Dirty ones are good because only serious people train there.