PDA

View Full Version : An unusual Wing Chun website

old jong
09-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Take a look! (http://www.janwright.co.uk/wc/index.htm)
Even more unusual!... (http://www.janwright.co.uk/chis/index.htm)

anerlich
09-04-2004, 10:21 PM
I like the blonde (that'll get the view count up!)

william
09-05-2004, 01:20 AM
Has he just created his own style??? which is just slightly based on Wing Chun???.....!

AmanuJRY
09-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Anyone know who this guy is?
(speaking in terms of who he studied with, how long, etc.)

lawrenceofidaho
09-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by anerlich

Karen and Jan are both easy on the eyes....... :)

I especially like it that they train while wearing high heels and business attire. :cool:

AmanuJRY
09-05-2004, 11:47 AM
I like the blonde - anerlich

Karen and Jan are both easy on the eyes.......- lawrenceofidaho

You guys make me sick!;)

saifa5k
09-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by anerlich

Hmmm, chi gerk would be interesting ;).
Dave

Matrix
09-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Michel,

What do you mean by "unusual"? ;)

old jong
09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Bill
The whole feel of the site .People in business suits. It is not a school advertisement site.It looks like a personal "hobby" site.Are the women students of this guy or they work in the same office and accepted to pose for the pics?...Is he teaching a Wing Chun harem?....;) I'll stop here!...;) :D

Matrix
09-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by old jong
Is he teaching a Wing Chun harem?....;) I'll stop here!...;) :D Michel,
I think you are being too kind. However, that does not surprise me at all. :)

black and blue
09-06-2004, 11:37 AM
:(

This guy's based in the UK?

:( :( :( :(

Still, whatever is said, those high heels are deadly! My reptilian brian went into overdrive!

:D

old jong
09-06-2004, 12:38 PM
High heels are maybe not very good for the YGKYM but sincerely who cares?...:cool: ;) :D

Matrix
09-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I think you guys need to get out a little more often. ;)

Not only will she injure her ankles with those heels, her punch just cries out "break my wrist". I hate to be so critical, but if your going to put this type of rubbish on the internet, you have to expect some harsh comments.

What this site says to me, is that you can study something for 40 years and still not have a clue. The other ideas that he has "added" Wing Chun are just an ecclectic assortment of odds-and-ends. Nothing of substance, IMO. To claim to be teaching "his own style", based on this is laughable.

Once again, sorry for the harsh words.

Train
09-06-2004, 08:05 PM
http://www.janwright.co.uk/chis/chap2.htm

The first pic looks like Zombie Kung Fu :)

Peace!

black and blue
09-07-2004, 12:14 AM
"Some people say the action of looking upon others positively is actually the act of "blessing." Perhaps it's an indication of an underlying spiritual truth --- that kindness is really the right way, even in this, our crazy and messed-up and often painful universe. Whether or not you believe in the spiritual, you may find that viewing others with respect and positiveness may lead to improvements within your life. "

His WCK may suck big time, but his heart's in the right place. Lets spread a little love. (not man love you understand, just plain simple generic love.... "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...." Oh God, I think I'm becoming Hendrik!!!)

;)

Stevo
09-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by black and blue
[B
....but his heart's in the right place.
;) [/B]

The same can't be said for his vocabulary and grammar.

mortal
09-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Those people suck ass. They are the reason most people think kungfu people can't fight.

Matrix
09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Mortal,

While I agree with your comments, to a point, and I certainly wouldn't use the same terminology; I don't think we can blame this one small group for the preception of Kung Fu people in general. In any group there will always be people like that. It's just the law of averages.....

Maybe the reason most people think Kung Fu people can't fight, is because many Kung Fu people can't fight. :o

old jong
09-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Anybody can fight but not anybody can win!...;) :D

Matrix
09-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Michel,
For me it's not always about winning or losing........... ok, yes it is :D. However, you can lose and still show that you are competant. If you're beaten because your opponent was the better man on that day, so be it. Dust yourself off, and get back to training. If you fall apart at the seams, then we have a deeper problem.

Train
09-07-2004, 05:35 PM
It's not about winning or losing. It's about zombie wingchun and you can not escape their ghostly ki training!!!! http://www.janwright.co.uk/chis/chap2.htm

Peace :)

bagelgod
09-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Now, as a simple noob, which I very much so am, is that really what BJ is supposed to look like? I mean, his SLT was, although crappily done (even I can tell that) seemed to resemble the actual thing. The CK had some parts that maybe I don't know, or he invented, or something, and was missing others. So logical progression would say SLT (resemblance, or ok) > CK (Half and half) > BJ (Skim of the truth). Is that right? I ask people who know BJ, unlike myself.

AmanuJRY
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by bagelgod
Now, as a simple noob, which I very much so am, is that really what BJ is supposed to look like? I mean, his SLT was, although crappily done (even I can tell that) seemed to resemble the actual thing. The CK had some parts that maybe I don't know, or he invented, or something, and was missing others. So logical progression would say SLT (resemblance, or ok) > CK (Half and half) > BJ (Skim of the truth). Is that right? I ask people who know BJ, unlike myself.

For the most part it resembles what I know as Biu Jee. Keep in mind that BJ varies between the lineages more than the first two forms and it even varies between the different branches of Ip Man WC.