PDA

View Full Version : how can some alcoholic drinks make u depressed?

stubbs
09-05-2004, 01:04 AM
i was in the pub last night sippin on some gin and tonic and someone said 'you realise thats a depressant!?'. i had quite a lot of g & t last night (along with some vodka and sambuca) and i feel pretty **** good today (suprisingly). but thats not the first i've heard someone say that about gin. is it true and how would it happen? does it block 'happy chemicals' somehow?
________
Voyeur school (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1162/school/videos/1)

bungle
09-05-2004, 01:27 AM
All alcoholic drinks are depressants. Alcohol is a drug that depresses the functions of the brain. Prolonged use starts to mess up the functions of the brain along these lines but i don't know much about that.

Alcohol also numbs your feelings. So numbs out your negative feelings and emotions. So you feel happy. However , the numbing effect withdraws and feelings return. Often these returning feelings leave the person feeling negative, hung over and depressed. This depends on your usual state of mind. If you are a particularry happy person most of the time. Obviously there are less issues and feelings to numb and return.

It's known as a come down in the drug taking world. For some stupid reason people don't associate alcohol with other drugs when it is a VERY powerful drug that is abused on mass.

I always say on the debate on drugs. They shouldn't legalise any more drugs until they get to grips with alcohol. As testament to our mutrity and ability to handle drugs in society.

Serpent
09-05-2004, 03:30 AM
What's mutrity? Did you do a typo on maturity?

As for depressant, alcohol is a depressant to a degree, but more than that it enhamces the current mood. If you're blue and you drink you get bluer. If you're happy and you drink, you get happier.

Until the next day! ;)

Vash
09-05-2004, 06:53 AM
*dials alcoholics anonymous*