PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Open Fight Nights

Phil Redmond
09-05-2004, 06:09 PM
I met some guys in Warren. MI, (2 miles north of the Detroit/Warren border of 8 Mile Rd.), that have open fight nights between stand up fighters, grapplers, NHB, etc. fighters once a month. There are Muay Thai fighters as well. You choose. Anyone is welcome to fight anybody. I plan on participating in order to learn my strengths and weaknesses. Please contact Ukiyodojo.com if you are in the area and are interested.

Phil Redmond
09-05-2004, 09:41 PM
I just checked their site and it seems to be down right now. I'll post more info when I get it.

Phil Redmond
09-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Since their site in down here is the contact number in Warren, MI.
586-756-1536.
Phil

Phil Redmond
11-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Sat. November 20, 2004
104 S. Main, Rochester City, MI
Fight night in the city featuring kick boxing, box kicking, submission, striking submission. Contact Kerry Roop 248-651-9078 entry fee $25, weigh in by 5:30pm for fighters. Fights start at 7:30pm sharp. Spectators $10 at the door. No video cameras allowed.
Phil

curtis
11-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi phil

With all due respect WHY???

As a sport? I am sorry I dont see it, As a Art or skill perhaps. but in that environment you must go in it with the understanding that you must defend your self, beacuse someone will trying to hurt you.

After years in the military, I have a hard time, with the idea ,that I am PURPOSELY puting my self in harms way again.

If I need to, Yes. Do I want to, NO Way! (I just cant see it! Im sorry.)

C.A.G.

P.S.
How much money is a life worth? Is the prize worth the price?

Phil Redmond
11-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi Curtis, I'm not the one holding these monthly events. Some people simply to want to test their skills against someone really trying to hurt them. Each to his own. I feel it's way better than the "pitt fights" held in basements and abandoned buildings around Detroit. Everyone signs a waiver and there is always an EMS crew there. Like you said, it's not for everyone.
Phil

Ali Hamad Rahim
11-20-2004, 08:39 AM
I’ve talk too the guy who runs those fight he said that there is no sanction no doctor E.M.S. or hospital emergency beds waiting. He said that the fights our for most beginners, and people new too sparring, and no one gets hurt, when he see that someone is over match he would stop the fight. The most that ever happen was that some guy threw up real bad, from over working himself, He tried too lie about the sanction but when I asked him for the doctors name so my people would have someone too talk too, he could not give me one and when I asked him for the name of the hospital so my people would know where too go if someone gets hurt, he could not give me one. He thought I was a cop our something and went on too say that it is very safe, because it is his home or where he lives and he do not want any trouble and went on too say that it is not really full contact. Give him a call and ask him the same things that I did, name of doctor, name hospital and proof of sanction, which he didn’t know what that was, ask him is it really all out full contact he will tell you no. The best he could say is that no one knows about it yet. Only 25-35 people show up too these things at a time. Just gave the guy a called.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Ali Hamad Rahim
11-20-2004, 08:59 AM
I'll be there with some of my students, it's only 15 min. from my home. I'll try too get footage.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

planetwc
11-20-2004, 11:28 AM
I guess you could also just go hang out at a Detroit pistons game and try your skills against the visiting team.

Anybody else see the footage from this past game?
Beer and fists being splattered around like crazy.

Matrix
11-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Here are some clips of Pacers/Piston's "action" for those who are interested......

http://media.holla-front.com/nbafight.wmv

http://mfile.akamai.com/12942/wmv/v...935750.200k.asx

Phil Redmond
11-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi All, I went to the fights last night, (Sat Nov. 20) and saw some great FULL contact matches. Sensei Albert Mady's (from Windsor Ontario) son Chuck Mady fought a good full contact bout. Aside from the FULL contact bouts there was also striking submission and submission as well. There was really good striking submission bout that didn't last long. One of the fighters was hit really hard multiple time and the fight had to be stopped. Basically after the weigh in fighter were asked what rules they wanted. Some didn't mind leg kicks and some did. The fights are held every two months at Kerry Roop's Super Kicks kickboxing school in Rochester, MI. Two guys from the Warren, MI school fought and won. The EMS crew had to take care of a bad cut near the eye of one of the striking submission fighters. If anyone need any info about these events you can call Kerry Roop at 248-651-9078. He had tapes of the fights for sale last night as well.
Phil