PDA

View Full Version : I need info about Qigong...

straight blast
09-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi to all Qigong practitioners!

I am preparing an assignment on Qigong and thought I could use the internet to gain some information on it. Obviously what I got was lots of people trying to sell me their online Qigong products.

What I need is links to sites that have pictures of sequences of movements...preferably each particular "exercise" broken down into simple instructive pictures.

Can anyone please help me?

Seeing as this is my 1st time posting on the Qigong forum I will also post this on the main forum as I am not sure how often this board is perused.

Thanks!

Scythefall
09-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Hey,

Here's a link to our school's site for 8 sections of Brocade (Ba Duan Jin). This is the Shaolin version and is being shown by a Shaolin monk. It has description and pictures.

http://www.russbo.com/gongfu/ba_duan_jin_images.htm

straight blast
09-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks very much. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Inspired me just looking at that monk!

Scythefall
09-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Just to let you know when I differentiate and say "This is the Shaolin version" it's to say that it's a type specific just to the Shaolin, not trying to say it's more authentic. The original Ba Duan Jin was from the Taoist tradition and the Shaolin monks learned it and liked it. They modified it so that their is more physical stretching involved. Chi cultivation needed to be a part of their physical and mental conditioning so they incorporated in that way. An elderly person obviously can't do what Shi Xingyi is doing, but it's such an easy and adaptable form of chi gung, they could do the same moves without emphasizing the deep stretching.