PDA

View Full Version : Hui-Ying , root chakra, grounding, root, support, settling, YJKYM, and SLT

Hendrik
09-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Hui Ying, root chakra, grounding, root, support, settling, YJKYM, and SLT, are they connected?

If so how to train with it?

anerlich
09-07-2004, 10:20 PM
are they connected

You managed to fit them all in a sentence ... so I guess they must be.

CFT
09-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Hendrik
Hui Ying, root chakra, grounding, root, support, settling ... are they connected? If so how to train with it? I guess they are all names for the same thing, and YJKYM, and SLT are ways of training it in WCK.

But an equally important consideration for a relative novice like me is the transition between motion and stability and vice versa.

Is there any difference between hits delivered whilst 'on the move' and those when in a rooted static stance (no matter how transitional)?

To me, punches delivered whilst stepping (before the foot is planted again) seems less powerful. Is this just me, or simply the mechanics of the situation?

Matrix
09-08-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by CFT
To me, punches delivered whilst stepping (before the foot is planted again) seems less powerful. Is this just me, or simply the mechanics of the situation? CFT,
I believe that you are correct. That is why footwork is so important. Timing and coordination of the strike with your stepping is so critical. Chum kui teaches you this.

Hendrik
09-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by CFT

1, I guess they are all names for the same thing, and YJKYM, and SLT are ways of training it in WCK.

2, But an equally important consideration for a relative novice like me is the transition between motion and stability and vice versa.

3, Is there any difference between hits delivered whilst 'on the move' and those when in a rooted static stance (no matter how transitional)?

1, may be not

2, motion is always within stability and occationally purposely intent instability.

3, what is a rooted static stance for? what is static?

CFT
09-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Matrix
That is why footwork is so important. Timing and coordination of the strike with your stepping is so critical. Chum kui teaches you this. Good-o. Not reached that far (Chum Kui) yet. We do have a drill where we step forward whilst double-punching at 45-degrees across the lead leg. That's when I felt my deficiencies.

Thanks Bill.

CFT
09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Hendrik
3, what is a rooted static stance for? what is static? My interpretation would be an instant in time where your centre of gravity is balanced over a single foot or between two planted feet; i.e. you are stable and not liable to lose balance.

Stillness within motion if you want to use flowery language. I'm not saying 'static' as in 'hold the pose'.

Hendrik
09-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CFT
1, My interpretation would be an instant in time where your centre of gravity is balanced over a single foot or between two planted feet; i.e. you are stable and not liable to lose balance.

2, Stillness within motion if you want to use flowery language. I'm not saying 'static' as in 'hold the pose'.

2 is not 1?

Isnt 1 describe the "hold the pose" ? as in the term "AN instant in time'? if there is "AN instant in time" then there is not Stillness within motion.

The language is not Flowery. it means as it is Stillness within motion. Stillness within motion does not have "AN instant in time".

The wheel of the car keep spining and rolling and Balance is ALWAYS present.:D