PDA

View Full Version : 7*..bl raw and bare........

blooming lotus
09-07-2004, 11:04 PM
just tried to discreetly pm , but box full and because you asked

:- Just had reply email from Kirill ( Russian shotokan honey ) tells me he competed in 1995-99 ( give or take ) for the "Tomsk Regional Federation of Karatedo" in branch style "fudokan " for . shihan ( great master ) named :- IIyla Jorga ( from yugoslavia) ( viii dan) comps held in Krasnoyarsk ( eastern siberia) where Kirill ( forementioned babe ) won 2 gold and a bronze medal. Also pulled some gold + whatever for some regional events. In 1997 took part in nats comp for WKF but team never pulled higher than bronze for kata.

If you find links with either pics or info , be sure to pass it back.

says he happy to talk about any concerns so fire: .....

happy searches 7*.

let me know,

I'm interested too!
cheers 7 dude. :)

:cool:

cerebus
09-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, bl, though I know you couldn't care less I figured I'd let you know that is one post I can't comment negatively on (finally). Now if only ALL your posts could be as precise, clear and lacking in melodrama. Just the facts ma'am, just the facts. You should use that as the template for future posts.

Serpent
09-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Yeah, what he said. Except for the title - bl, raw and bare?! :eek:

*shudder*

I was a little scared to open this thread.....

cerebus
09-08-2004, 05:24 AM
LOL! Me too! I was ready with the cursor on the "back" button, just in case. :D :D

Serpent
09-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Mind you, I just did a bunch of searches on that info and came up empty.

You get anything 7*?

Toby
09-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Eyebrows, what's Kiril's surname? Kiril's a pretty common Russian name AFAIK. Google turned up 22 results for "Tomsk Federation karatedo" but I'm at home on dial-up so I'm not gunna try searching through them for results, etc when Kiril's a common name. Maybe tomorrow.

Goldenmane
09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I searched for pretty much every variation on the words "Kirill Kirril Kirrill Shotokan Funokan Funakoshi Karate Karatedo IIyla Jorga Tomsk Krasnoyarsk" that I could think of.

I came up with a couple of comp. results for tournaments in Las Vegas (for a Kirill who was 12 in 1999 I think) and some references to Ilya Jorga or some such name as a funokan instructor ... but nothing that fits all criteria.

Kaitain(UK)
09-08-2004, 09:58 AM
He's 20 or so, right?

SevenStar
09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one scared to open this thread!

Ilija Jorga is an 8th dan in fudokan. Can't find anything on kirill, but dont know how to spell his name, either. And, a surname would help. Jorga's first name was spelled wrong, so kirill's may be as well.

Gotta admit though, I'm proud of this post, bl.

Serpent
09-08-2004, 05:47 PM
bl, for the first time on this forum you've earned a little cred. Don't let it slip now. Care to clarify any of the info above?

blooming lotus
09-08-2004, 05:52 PM
earned cred Serpent?? :rolleyes:

no....I'm not giving you his last name ( somethings've gotta remain sacred) but you have his organisation. He says he'll answer any questions my "friends" have, but not getting carried away with ourselves. His name is spelt correctly and at least you have a new style branch to check out.

Good luck with it.

Serpent
09-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Might have known it wouldn't last long though.

Kaitain(UK)
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
given his age and the dates you say he fought, this'd make him about 10-15 years old whilst competing in national championships...

if you call sparring/ trading notes with a20 yr old Russian ma champ on several fronts pulling it " otta my a'hole" well..

Interesting stuff.

Serpent
09-09-2004, 12:38 AM
That's a good point:

Just had reply email from Kirill ( Russian shotokan honey ) tells me he competed in 1995-99 ( give or take ) for the "Tomsk Regional Federation of Karatedo" in branch style "fudokan " for . shihan ( great master ) named :- IIyla Jorga ( from yugoslavia) ( viii dan) comps held in Krasnoyarsk ( eastern siberia) where Kirill ( forementioned babe ) won 2 gold and a bronze medal. Also pulled some gold + whatever for some regional events. In 1997 took part in nats comp for WKF but team never pulled higher than bronze for kata.

If he's 20 now, he was scoring gold and bronze between the ages of 11 and 15, then only managed a bronze at 13. Doesn't really add up, plus, a child champion is hardly a world authority on anything.

Where do we get that he's only 20 now? Is that a "fact" from bl previously?

Kaitain(UK)
09-09-2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah on the proof of Dim Mak thread

Mr Punch
09-10-2004, 12:13 AM
I knew a real person once.

He was an AI expert, but it didn't help my neural networks.

***** knows a real person. He's a karate expert. So now she knows what she's talking about on dim-mak, ninjutsu, aikido, wrestling and emei kung fu? No, she's still fulla****e.

Oh dear, I seem to have misplaced the irony key.

Serpent
09-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Use Ctrl + Sarcasm. Works for me.

Kaitain(UK)
09-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Or maybe she just did a search for a Russian karate federation online and looked for some results. Note the lack of information given that would enable us to verify it properly.

Even if it is true, BL is the interminable Girl Who Cried Wolf.

Interminable: lasting a very long time and therefore boring.

Serpent
09-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Yeah, you got that right. She hasn't been posting for a day or two. I wonder if that really means she's on the way back to Australia!? :eek:

I hope she's decided to go to outer Mongolia or something. Basically, anywhere that's very far away and has no internet access. Probably too much to hope for...

Toby
09-10-2004, 01:11 AM
She's remained quiet on this thread. Methinks she's flying down to Sydney to make it to your BBQ, Serp :eek:. Of course, that'd be a higher priority than flying back to Qld to see her daughter :rolleyes:.

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Actually, the stoopid psb( police or public security bureau ...crazy china laws!!) won't grant me visa exit ( if you ever heard of such thing... up shyte creek and lost two expired and prepaid airfares from guangzhou to hong kong then onto bris ) ..maybe I'll just go lay under \emei shan and come what may??!! :(:(

( did I mention how much this place socked ???)

AS for Kirill, he competed for 5 yrs , at regional state and national levels, his style is as above, if you don't know and can't find it, well I'll be focked.

Sorry boys, just done a bucket load of $$ , still not looking like getting home and .............

thx

if you don't hear from me, I died trying...........

seeyas ;) :)

Serpent
09-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Fantastic! They won't let her out now!

It just gets better and better.

Brad
09-11-2004, 12:08 PM
maybe I'll just go lay under \emei shan and come what may??!!
Cool, I've got a good friend living there(emeishan).

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Fantastic! They won't let her out now!

It just gets better and better.

now that's the Serpent we've come to fondly hate hearing from ;)

Brad...... lol ... :cool: :)

Serpent
09-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
now that's the Serpent we've come to fondly hate hearing from ;)

Brad...... lol ... :cool: :)
One tries one's best.

(That's a possessive apostrophy, by the way.)