PDA

View Full Version : Acts of Kindness Day

kj
09-09-2004, 04:59 AM
For those who may not have received a message regarding this in your email.

http://www.911aok.com

Odd I should even see it, as I rarely read the martial arts "junk" mail that comes through my inbox. Yet I did, and being a bit out of the ordinary, thought it worth a mention.

Regards,
- kj

YongChun
09-09-2004, 01:09 PM
We can walk around all day thinking about how to beat up our fellow man or we can walk around all day trying to think of ways to help our fellow man.

sihing
09-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Good point Ray,
After a period of training in WC it became more than just how to fight or defend one's self in combat, it was more about self development and discovery. In my kwoon we receit a pledge at the end of each class, part of it talks about respect towards others, part of it talks about tolerance towards other, and part of it talks about achieving kung-fu in life. All this bickering towards what will work in the street and what won't and does WC need this or that is really irrelevant if you compare it to the real issues and problems out in the world today. I've learned more about life, problem solving, human relationship from my training and teaching in WC than from any other source and regard that as the true lessons to be learned in WC. Like I have said before if it was all about fighting I could have stopped 13 yrs ago.

James

anerlich
09-09-2004, 03:55 PM
We can walk around all day thinking about how to beat up our fellow man or we can walk around all day trying to think of ways to help our fellow man.

As Robert Plant said once, "you can do a lot of things in one day."