PDA

View Full Version : Making my weightclass?

zbloff2
09-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Hi,
I'm going to compete in sanshou in 2 and a half weeks.
I'm currently weighing in at 79kg, and think I'll try to get into the -75 kg class.
Since I'm new to this, I'm wondering if anyone have any good tips to cut some wheight off WHILE still being able to train pretty hard meanwhile.
The weigh-in is scheduled between 08.30-10.30, and competition starts at 10.30 the same day. I have no idea about when during the day I'm going to compete.. it could be 10.30 but just as well 13.00...

Anyway.. my plan is to:
1: go with a general low-carb, high protein, high fat diet.
2: drink alot of water, and stop drinking water sometime before the weigh-in.
3: long morning walks.. I thought about intervall training.. but I'd rather put my endurance effort into sparring and bag-drills.
4: as much sparring and pad/bag work as I feel up to
5: perhaps some ptp...If i feel up too it..but this will be a second hand option

I would greatly appriciate some feedback and ideas both regarding my plan, and if you have any other ideas to do this smartly.

So now a couple off specific questions...

1:Taking into considerations that I'm competing rather shortly after weigh-in...when and if should I stop drinking water??

2:I guess it's a pretty good idea to go back to alot more carbs in the diet before competing.. about when should I make the shift towards more carbs?

That's all for now!
Thanks alot for helping me out!

p.s The competition is semi-contact and 2*2 minutes rounds with a possible third round if it's a draw

Toby
09-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Why cut water? You'll be dehydrated from the night before anyway (I'm presuming you meant 8:30am). Cutting carbs should do it. I'd be going high protein, some good fats, no (as far as possible) carbs at all. On the morning of the fight I'd do a good muscle warmup at 7:30, weigh-in at 8:30 if possible and have a big plate of home-made lasagna (home-made mince, home-made pasta, home-made white sauce - quality all the way) and salad waiting for me as I stepped off the scales. I'd eat that and wash it down with some glucose-heavy drink and cross my fingers. Then keep moving around a bit to help digestion and a few sultanas or jelly beans every now and then. The problem is replenishing muscles with glycogen while not overdoing it on the digestion front. You could always experiment once or twice in the meantime with how much you can get away with. It won't affect your cutting much provided you do it in the morning and work it off straight after the experiment.

Interval training? Why not do it on the bag anyway?

4kg should be easy. You could lose that in one day with no carbs. 2 weeks will be a piece of cake. I like pure protein powder mixed with milk. Sometimes on weekends I substitute lunch with a shake (I always have one for breakfast). I usually weigh lower on those days even though I don't eat much carbs anyway. Goes straight back on if I have a rounded meal.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

zbloff2
09-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks,

I THINK I'm gonna make my weightclass... although I'll have to skip drinking until after the weigh-in.
Anyway....a drink with a lot of glucose = some sort of sport drink, right?
English isn't my first language, you see :)
I've no idea about the ****ing facilities at the competition, so I think I'll go with some nice salad.. with a lot of cheese an perhaps some tuna mixed in... any opinions on this?

Toby
09-20-2004, 06:46 PM
I like concentrates, so I'd make up my own drink with maltodextrin or dextrose powder. I don't drink sports drinks but I think they're more about salts and minerals. I'm sure they wouldn't hurt, though. The salad sounds good. Be careful with the cheese - all the fat might not sit too well in your stomach. Light cheese might be a good option. But yeah, tuna salad sounds great. My wife makes a nice one where she throws in soy beans and lima beans and a bunch of other stuff low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates. Beans would be good fuel.

I'm surprised no-one else has contributed to your thread :confused:.

Serpent
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Just seen this thread now. The advice so far is good. However, definitely try to get some pasta or rice in after the weigh in as the carbs will last longer. Do a maltodextin drink like Tobes suggested, as sports drinks are more about electrolytes and sugar. You want the sports drinks after the bout. You may have to cut back on the water to make the weight, but bear in mind that any dehydration will severely affect the performance that you're used to.

Toby
09-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Mmm, like Serp sort of says you want to balance out your carbs. Look into the GI index of foods. High GI ones will flood your muscles and liver with glycogen quickly, replenishing your lost glycogen. IIRC every kg of glycogen binds with 3kg of water, so mix those high GI foods with liquid. I knowthat maltodextrin and dextrose are pretty much pure glucose so that's why I advised them. I know that sultanas and raisins are also high GI. So are jelly beans. But yeah, some lower GI carbs will last longer, hence beans of various types being good too. I'm not good with GI indices so I'll shut up now.

Serpent
09-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Every molecule of CHO in the system is bound with two of H2O. That's why HPLC diets make people drop weight quickly - each CHO molecule they lose takes two of H2O with it. Bad, bad, bad.

Anyway, that's a bit of a tangent. Between Toby and myslef we are kinda making the point! I'll try to clear things up a bit:

Before the bout, you need quick glucose replacement in the muscles - maltodextrin type drink. High GI.

Also, that'll peak you and you'll need energy to see the bout through - rice, pasta, etc. Low GI.

To make the weigh-in you may have had to cut some water. This, in conjunction with the carb restriction previously, will leave you very low on water (see the firts line of this post). Therefore, you'll be fighting in a state of semi-dehydration which will affect your performance. You need to rehydrate as much as possible before the bout without bloating out on liquid, so make that maltodextrin and water mix carefully.

How many rounds is the fight? Sipping a few sips of dextrose/water during the breaks can help you through.

zbloff2
09-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Thanks again,

Just some more questions...

Is there a differnce between maltodextrin and dextrose?
And where do you get it?
I remember something called dextrosol, that was some sort of sugar for fast recovery in sports activity... is it something lke that I'm supposed to mix in water?

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

p.s it's a 2 rounds match, with a possible third round if it's a draw

Toby
09-24-2004, 01:23 AM
I get my protein here (http://www.myopure.com.au/), but I'm (and Serp's) in Oz. They also sell both dextrose and maltodextrin - click on the links for a tiny bit of information. Dextrose is glucose by the looks of it, so as high a GI as you'll get. Maltodextrin? Dextrose blended with some other stuff by the look of it. Remember that these things are good for saturating your muscles with glycogen, but they won't give you sustained energy. More a quick recovery, but blend with e.g. your salad and some pasta/rice for a longer lasting fuel source.

blooming lotus
09-24-2004, 06:50 AM
BS!!!

You're on the right track, but do you realise you retain more fluid by drinking less water???!!!

What you want to do is, and 2weeks is fairly standard for up to 7kgs give or take, is stick to your keto plan ( expecting results in around 4 days then watch the kgs fall!!!), don't dice the carbs too far, but take more leafy greens ( esp[ecially fried or oily!!) , less sugary fruit( unless you're balancing lipids or doing a cleanising system where the fruictose ( pooping agent) becomes an activator.or for gods sdake, do 9, 7,9, ford senna regime) .......budong?? meiguanxie .don't undrestand??.don't worry!!)

get in some lemon juice and soda water throughout your days and replace your sugar with an alternative.

No doubt the boys'll tell you why not to do this, but do you wanna make your weight or what???

ps: anything with malt is going to inject sugar deep into your muscles and increase bulk / density, anything with dextrose / fruictose as preferrence ( + hotwater ) , will make you poop.

Serpent
09-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Jesus, you're getting more manic by the day, bl.

zbloff2 - just ignore that stuff. I don't imagine you could decipher it anyway.

blooming lotus
09-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Before I comment on your previous post serpent, ( and make no mistake I think you're wrong and will tell you why in just a moment) do you want to explain CHO??

Serpent
09-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
Before I comment on your previous post serpent, ( and make no mistake I think you're wrong and will tell you why in just a moment) do you want to explain CHO??
You see, comments like this just completely ruin any chance you ever have of credibility. Weren't you the one calling yourself a health professional? Weren't you the one claiming to have the absolutes on all things nutrition related? Yet you don't know what I mean by CHO?

Here, let me give you a clue and let's see if you get it from this:

Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen

I'll even give you a rough ration: 1:2:1

Now, I can understand laymen not realising what that was - I should have used a clearer term. But that's just habit.

However, considering you are supposed to be the genius, it's hilarious that you have to ask.

Man, even the context should have made it perfectly apparent.

blooming lotus
09-25-2004, 09:01 PM
and now do you want to elaborate on the correlation between it and biological activity??

Not here to learn anything and genius IQ quite clearly means you've read every book ever written!! Clear as a bell :rolleyes:

cerebus
09-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Blah blah blah blah? Blah! Blah blah blah blah.

There, I wrote it in her own language. Now maybe she can understand. :p

blooming lotus
09-25-2004, 10:23 PM
How grown!! :rolleyes:

Besides, I thought half of you had issue with whether or not I was here to learn anyway.!! My questions are a good thing you doofus! Besides , as you know, there are other folks here who also have less or differnt information and want to learn and understand aswell , so take your head outta your as* and explain yourselves already!!!!!

cerebus
09-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Yeah, damit! Take your head outta your as*! Explain yourself! bl demands it!!!! :mad:

blooming lotus
09-25-2004, 10:51 PM
right on vet dude!!!

Serpent
09-26-2004, 12:22 AM
and now do you want to elaborate on the correlation between it and biological activity??

Good grief. CHO = carbohydrate. Pretty well related to biological activity. Or do you need me to explain that to you as well?

blooming lotus
09-26-2004, 08:15 PM
so cho is not carbon what the fvck??

will you boys make up your minds.now your just confusing the lot of us :rolleyes:

cerebus
09-26-2004, 08:41 PM
ROFLMAO!! :p :p :p

cerebus
09-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Ah, what the heck! I'll go ahead & try to spell it out for ya'!

C.H.O. stands for Carbon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen, more commonly known as a carbohydrate (which is what he already said, but somehow it slipped past you ;) ).

PS: "the lot of us" were never confused, just you.

blooming lotus
09-26-2004, 08:51 PM
you can keep telling yourself that everyone are as expert and read as you try to claim , but fact is , there are also kids riding these boards ( and adults who've read differnt books ) who want to learn aswell. You are an arrogant, egotistical pig and I'm comming back to tell Serps why he's wrong the minute I'm done with the embassies.

get your head outta your as* for gawds sake. So what we we're not all ex-military- sexistly- dispostioned half pie , claim but never proven experts??? At least we can freakin talk civily , you godammed supremist jerk!!!

Serpent
09-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Jeez, bl, will you stop running your brain in neutral long enough to actually read a post?

Nobody here ever said that CHO is carbon. I certainly didn't. As I said before, and cerebus said again just then, CHO is Carbohydrate. It's Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen in a ratio of 1:2:1, more or less.

Are you getting it yet or are you too busy doing 3,000 crunches while writing a Ch'an thesis with one hand and giving light relief to a struggling student with the other?

Serpent
09-26-2004, 08:57 PM
you can keep telling yourself that everyone are as expert and read as you try to claim , but fact is , there are also kids riding these boards ( and adults who've read differnt books ) who want to learn aswell. You are an arrogant, egotistical pig and I'm comming back to tell Serps why he's wrong the minute I'm done with the embassies.

get your head outta your as* for gawds sake. So what we we're not all ex-military- sexistly- dispostioned half pie , claim but never proven experts??? At least we can freakin talk civily , you godammed supremist jerk!!!
Hmm. Posted while you did.

In regard to the above post, bl, you're the one that keeps calling yourself a health professional.

:rolleyes:

blooming lotus
09-26-2004, 08:57 PM
something like that. but as I said, when i'm done we're gone talk!!!

In the mean time: too busy to answer original q. so take the boys advice to make your weight ( like they are the weight loss experts :rolleyes: ) and we'll chat semantics later

cerebus
09-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Hmmm. I answered her very nicely & politely (figuring I'll actually try being nice & see if that gets through to her) and she rants even harder than when I'm mean to her. There's just no pleasing some people.

blooming lotus
09-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Hmm. Posted while you did.

In regard to the above post, bl, you're the one that keeps calling yourself a health professional.

as I've just had pointed out to me via pm , your explaination of the chem equ. is one of many possiblities, but being being your head is so far up your as* , you no doubt have not registered.

Serpent
09-26-2004, 09:28 PM
as I've just had pointed out to me via pm , your explaination of the chem equ. is one of many possiblities, but being being your head is so far up your as* , you no doubt have not registered.
Well, bless whoever pm'd you.

Of course it's one of many possibilities. However, the standard equation for a good carbohydrate food source is 1 part carbon, 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen. You could have a 1:1:1 ratio or a 3:1:2 ratio, etc. They'd all be a variation of carbohydrate (i.e. a hydrated, oxygenated carbon atom), but the best fuel source for the body is in a 1:2:1 ration. However, carbohydrate in any health and nutrition related literature is always abbreviated to CHO and is understood by even relatively amatuer parties. (Usually the accepted best fuel is C6H12O6).

I already admitted that I should have spelled it out clearer as this is a general forum, but it was particularly hilarious that it was you, the self-proclaimed health professional genius, that had no idea what I meant. And I'm betting that you still don't.

Toby
09-26-2004, 09:40 PM
... comming ...Thought you'd worked this one out already?

blooming lotus
09-26-2004, 09:42 PM
shut up for gods sake!

ok ok.. don't know what you mean serps because don't have even 30 seconds to consider.will forgo another nights sleep and come back to you later..........

stop clogging up my inbox already!!!!!

Serpent
09-26-2004, 09:45 PM
WTF are you talking about, clogging your inbox? This is on the internet, not in your own personal email. If you're receiving email notification of every post then switch it off, you *******.

As for not having 30 seconds to consider, it must have taken you 30 seconds to type that post. What you mean is that you don't understand, yet you don't want to admit that. Give up another night's sleep if you like, but don't blame me for it. Idiot.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Serpant,

"However, carbohydrate in any health and nutrition related literature is always abbreviated to CHO and is understood by even relatively amatuer parties. (Usually the accepted best fuel is C6H12O6)."

No. Carbohydrates is C*m + (H2O)*n as opposed to CHO. Combinations of CHO can range from carbohydrates, to alkanes, alkanols or organic acids etc...

Now you've also mixed up the general with the specific. C6H12O6 is a type of carbohydrate. However, it is a fast burning fuel due to its short molicular chain and not good for endurance type exercises. In fact maxing out on glucose will give you a sudden burst and immense tiredness afterwords.

What you might want to consider is longer chain carbohydrates - hence increasing the multiples of m and n in the above generalized equation.

Blooming Lotus,

I understand why you find serpant confusion. He is not using proper biochemistry notiation, but rather shoddy and ambiguous in his notation.

Serpant,

Back to you, a little heavier on the chemistry and less on the insults would do you find. Look at your own garbage before you begin to critize other people's posts.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 05:55 AM
Ego : Great explanation! :) :)

In fact, probably one of the best posts I've seen you make ;)

Every molecule of CHO in the system is bound with two of H2O. That's why HPLC diets make people drop weight quickly - each CHO molecule they lose takes two of H2O with it. Bad, bad, bad.

Anyway, that's a bit of a tangent. Between Toby and myslef we are kinda making the point! I'll try to clear things up a bit:

Before the bout, you need quick glucose replacement in the muscles - maltodextrin type drink. High GI.

Also, that'll peak you and you'll need energy to see the bout through - rice, pasta, etc. Low GI.

To make the weigh-in you may have had to cut some water. This, in conjunction with the carb restriction previously, will leave you very low on water (see the firts line of this post). Therefore, you'll be fighting in a state of semi-dehydration which will affect your performance. You need to rehydrate as much as possible before the bout without bloating out on liquid, so make that maltodextrin and water mix carefully.

How many rounds is the fight? Sipping a few sips of dextrose/water during the breaks can help you through.

back to this though, if CHO is like you say, carb ( and I think we can just drop the semantics and move onto the crux ), in reducing carbs and upping protein, yet hydrating of a night, in conjunction with the rest of the system I've been advocating here ( break down, heat, strip and cleanse) , you do not become dehydrated and the fluid you loose as it bonds to your carbs on the cleanse are replaced and you still drop the weight.

Typically, keto plans take 4 days > 2weeks to produce results, and are gearing toward, not dehydration but fat burning. Being low in carborhydrate, there is nothing unused ( as in excess sugars ) to convert into what becomes the fat , nor is it starvation being protein is what makes you feel full, and so you burn fat.

cheers

Toby
09-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Being low in carborhydrate, there is nothing unused ( as in excess sugars ) to convert into what becomes the fat , nor is it starvation being protein is what makes you feel full, and so you burn fat.(1) Minimal carbohydrate is converted to fat whatever diet you follow. (2) The protein in a ketogenic diet is ingested to reduce (eliminate?) catabolism while tricking your body into a pseudo-starvation state, not to "make you feel full". Just thought I'd correct those two points ;).

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-27-2004, 06:14 AM
blooming lotus,

I see your logic here. Excess energy will be stored as glycogen (if I'm spelling it correctly).

In laymans terms protein is a "dirty" fuel to burn. I see why you want to hydrate up if nothing else than to remove the uric acid. There are long term negatitives if this is not done.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 06:18 AM
exactly and by upping your electrolites ( potassium etc) through milk and orange juice , you nuetralise the acid to boot.

Toby: No, it is not converted when on minimum carbs, because everything is used and if there is any waste / remnant sugar floating about, it is eliminated in the flush.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-27-2004, 06:29 AM
blooming lotus,

You're right on both accounts.

I'm not an expert at nutrition but I do know quite a bit about chemistry (always been good at science - as you know).

Is it possible to make the generalization that what we're dealing her is KJ. ie, the amount of energy input versus the output. If you say consume alot but spend the proportionate amount of energy then you can main weight at status quo?

I'm guessing that the type of 'fuel' is secondary factor so to speak. Look forward to your comments.

Toby
09-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
... protein is a "dirty" fuel to burn.Protein's not really a fuel. When on a ketogenic diet, triglycerides are converted to FFA and ketones and they are used as fuel. Protein is used in muscle building and consumed in muscle breakdown, but not really as fuel in the same sense as glycogen is a fuel.

Carbohydrates are converted to triglycerides, but the amount is minimal compared to dietary fat amounts.

Toby
09-27-2004, 06:35 AM
I'm guessing that the type of 'fuel' is secondary factor so to speak.Ego, essentially it's an energy in == energy out equation. But the proportions of the macronutrients do make a difference. The ketogenic diet is based on these differences. E.g. eat all protein and fat and no carbohydrates for (e.g.) 2000kJ a day and your body will undergo similar effects to starvation and you'll (paraphrasing) burn fat and lose weight.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Toby,

Look here for a second. Protein can be used as a fuel when the body converts it to glycogen.

Errr I mean where does the tiger get energy to run from. Do tigers munch on grass all day to get their cellose (a type of long chained carbohydrate) ? hell no. never seen one do that.

Again I'm no expert on health stuff, but I'm sh1t hot when it comes to chemistry so listen up.

The creation of complex molicules generally result in the storage of energy in the chemical bonds. The break down of those covalent bonds (yup lets be precise in what they are) results in the release in energy.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 06:46 AM
no carbs are used in building muscle and besides the enzemic ( contribution ( particularly from eggs and milk ) , protein is the mortar to the carb builing blocks. If there's nothing to bond to, and you can break it down asap, get the emzemic benifit, then flush the rest, you retain little more than what you use.

And you are right, it's not a fuel on it's own, but you are going to eat some carbs, and pending your protein source, you should be getting a little here and there anyway. ( which I guess Ego is why protein reads a kj count on all its' lonesome ). To change this system into a keto plan rather than a maintenance system, you need you need to allow more of the protein to settle and absorb, ( which for most sources is anywhere from 6 - 10 hrs) befor you break it down ( and yes it continues to break down until eliminated ) , flush or cleanse.

Ps: eating no carbohydrate at all is extremely dangerous and effects your neverous system. As long as it's both quality and portion controlled , there's no reason not to incorperate some and still loose weight or maintain exactly what you have.

Tobes : don't over complicate it for yourself with unneccessary math and overthinking. It's really not that complex a concept in understanding, just the discovering ;) :)

Toby
09-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Protein can be used as a fuel when the body converts it to glycogen.I'm on expert either, but protein isn't converted to glycogen. I've got an excellent book with lots of references on the whole metabolic process but I haven't read it for a while so I'm a bit rusty.

Errr I mean where does the tiger get energy to run from. Do tigers munch on grass all day to get their cellose (a type of long chained carbohydrate) ? hell no. never seen one do that.They probably do. House cats eat grass. So do dogs. I'd be surprised if big cats didn't munch on some grass too. I don't know the process by which they function. But meat has lots of saturated fats. Fats can be used as fuel, in fact body fat stores contain far more stored energy than that provided by protein or glycogen stores (many orders of magnitude more). So maybe their energy comes from utilisation of FFA and ketones - the ultimate ad for Atkins :D.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Ego : Toby is correct, it is not coverted to glycogen but is often accompanied by some. Good point on the fat as fuel as well. Providing you get some measure of carb to A: stabilise your system, and B: provide some sugar, there's no reason why after your morning juice ( which as predominantly vego I use on rising to aide my iron asorbtion ), drink mainly milk or shakes throughtout the day and burn you excess fat supply throughout the day, feel satisfied, have enough energy for days' activity , eat something more solid late in the afternoon and proceed with your flush and cleanse.

Ps: grass is a carb all of it's own ;)

Mr Punch
09-27-2004, 08:09 AM
WTF is this, Patronisaholics' Anonymous...?

Ego, you may be ****-hot at chemistry but that doesn't make you anything in nutrition. The reason for this is that we are not test-tubes. The first reaction that will differ in nutrition to most chemistry lab experiments starts in the mouth (or even in the food itself) where we have the action of simple bacteria and enzymes which are notoriously difficult to reproduce in control settings. Way before it even reaches the stomach.

You are evidently no expert in biology either, or you may have noticed a subtle difference between whatever the hell you see in the mirror in the morning and this. (http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd1641/tiger-drinking-29.tcl) If we ate what tigers ate... we... would... die!

Toby is correct about the breakdown of carbs (which I have also seen abbreviated to CHO in nutrition books) vs the breakdown of proteins.

Soapy-Ego-Wank Extrodinaire
I understand why you find serpant confusion. He is not using proper biochemistry notiation, but rather shoddy and ambiguous in his notation.Try English notiation, rather than this shoddiness and ambiguity.
Back to you, a little heavier on the chemistry and less on the insults would do you find. Look at your own garbage before you begin to critize other people's posts.Back to you, a little heavier on the nutrition and less on being a ****wit would do you fine... etc.

BTW, if English isn't your first language, I apologize for any slight. If it is you're the dumbest **** to disgrace these boards: you can't even spell your ****ing screen name.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Mat,

"The reason for this is that we are not test-tubes. The first reaction that will differ in nutrition to most chemistry lab experiments starts in the mouth (or even in the food itself) where we have the action of simple bacteria and enzymes which are notoriously difficult to reproduce in control settings."

What are you trying to say? making a distinction between a closed or open system. If you do not apply a control setting how then do you deterime the driving factors? In any nutritional program there are assumptions as to the condtions it operates best under. Furthermore, digesting of food is a chemical process, there is a specialization of chemistry known as biochemistry. It's is strage than you are trying to use the specific to argue against the general.

"You are evidently no expert in biology either, or you may have noticed a subtle difference between whatever the hell you see in the mirror in the morning"

Which branch of biology are you refering to? I know about organic chemistry but quite rusty on bio chemistry. In terms of biology, texatomy is not my forte but I'm sh1t hot at evolutionary biological processes. do you know what I'm talking about?

"also seen abbreviated to CHO in nutrition books"

abbriviating carbohydrates to CHO doesn't make it right even if you've seen it in books. There is a specific defination of what a carbohydrate is. different from say an alkanoic acid etc.

"Back to you, a little heavier on the nutrition and less on being a ****wit would do you fine... etc."

See, now you're trying to troll a troll. good luck.

"I apologize for any slight. If it is you're the dumbest **** to disgrace these boards: you can't even spell your ****ing screen name."

You've said your piece, now lets get back to proper discussion. have a good day.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Mat

the way you speak is vile at best. You have added nothing of substance to our discussion and for kosher forum relations sake: i'll even give Serpent the benifit of a mis-type or something similar. That was a great observation on behalf of Ego, and no doubt there are many members becomming clearer at this very moment as a result of our three members posts. Ego may not be an expert on nutrition, but I am and I'm telling you , go away and get educated.

Serpent
09-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Ego may not be an expert on nutrition, but I am and I'm telling you , go away and get educated.
No you're not. You have no idea. Mat knows far more about everything than you. Any nutrition expert would know exactly what I meant by CHO in relation to nutrition. Ego with his fancy chemistry is no expert on nutrition either, and no matter what he thinks he knows on an atomic level, he has no idea what happens within the human body as a organism. That much is obvious when he decides to make a point by comparing us to tigers, FFS!

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Serpent : one of the single most immature, little boy comments I've ever seen you post!

Save face on your stupid comment by trolling / refuting the facts.....If you don't get human biological science at best, well I guess you just don't. Don't feel bad though, neither do alot of folk and together we'll do our best to clarify what we can.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Ps: as I said , semantics are a distraction>...........

so back to topic???.....you think :rolleyes:

Serpent
09-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Serpent : one of the single most immature, little boy comments I've ever seen you post!

Save face on your stupid comment by trolling / refuting the facts.....If you don't get human biological science at best, well I guess you just don't. Don't feel bad though, neither do alot of folk and together we'll do our best to clarify what we can.
How the hell can you claim to clarify something that you have made painfully obvious that you have no idea about!?

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 09:29 PM
What is wrong with you today??" You're not even making a good troll!!
Did something happen in your personal life???

We were talking about weight loss/ dehydration and the biological protein metabolic proccess. In few books will you find a better exlanation.

Take a good sleep , your favourite meal , ring your mom and treat yourself to a facial and a foot massage!

Toby
09-27-2004, 09:32 PM
We were talking about weight loss/ dehydration and the biological protein metabolic proccess. In few books will you find a better exlanation.:eek: :D Scary statement if it were true ;).

... ring your mom ...He can't - she's in China somewhere and the government won't let her out :D.

blooming lotus
09-27-2004, 09:46 PM
look tobes: last night you were buying hook line and sinker and had nothing to come back with, so til you get some grounds to refute on, I'm just going to catch you later :rolleyes:

Toby
09-27-2004, 10:03 PM
look tobes: last night you were buying hook line and sinker and had nothing to come back with, so til you get some grounds to refute on, I'm just going to catch you later :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What? Last night I presented several points. I didn't "buy" anything. I clarified/corrected some of your points and I discussed some stuff with Ego/Kelvin. There was nothing I tried to "come back with" and nothing I wanted to refute that I didn't. There was certainly nothing you said that taught me anything. What the **** are you talking about?

In my last post I disagreed with your statement that "in few books will you find a better exlanation (sic)."

Serpent
09-27-2004, 10:08 PM
What is wrong with you today??" You're not even making a good troll!!
Did something happen in your personal life???

We were talking about weight loss/ dehydration and the biological protein metabolic proccess. In few books will you find a better exlanation.

Take a good sleep , your favourite meal , ring your mom and treat yourself to a facial and a foot massage!
You. You're what's wrong with me. Same as every time I look in these forums.

You were talking a load of bollocks as usual.

Mr Punch
09-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Mat,Hi! :D
What are you trying to say? making a distinction between a closed or open system. If you do not apply a control setting how then do you deterime the driving factors? In any nutritional program there are assumptions as to the condtions it operates best under. Furthermore, digesting of food is a chemical process, there is a specialization of chemistry known as biochemistry. I wasn't trying to say anything: I was saying
Little Old Me
we have the action of simple bacteria and enzymes which are notoriously difficult to reproduce in control settings.In case you can't follow this, it is not pointing out the difference between an open or a closed system, nor is it saying that it is impossible to replicate a relatively closed system (the digestive process) in a lab, all it is saying is that it is notoriously difficult to do so.

How do I know this? Because as a substantial part of my undergraduate degree I studied animal nutrition and have extensive experience of, lawksamercy corblimey guvnor say-it-aint-so, the very ****ing subject about which we are talking. Please note, not only do I not say human nutrition, so I am a little more qualified than you to even say that I am no expert on that subject, but neither do I say any kind of chemistry or biochemistry either, which seems to be qualifying yourself as knowing diddly squat.
Which branch of biology are you refering to?Any branch which distinguishes the difference between a carnivorous feline and an omnivorous primate will do for a start. We could try taxonomy at its most basic (another part of my course) or we don't even have to stick with biology, ask a ****ing taxidermist!
I know about organic chemistry...You can say it, but I've yet to see any proof.
In terms of biology, texatomy is not my forte but I'm sh1t hot at evolutionary biological processes. do you know what I'm talking about?No. Please enlighten me. What is

Suggestions:
tex atomy
tex-atomy
texcom
tactom
axotomy
texhoma
textury
texta
cecostomy
coxotomy
taxonomy
text
tectum
textman
textmen
tarsotomy
toxostoma
tristoma
texts
textile
textuary
tarsectomy
cstom
testamur
text's
textus
megastome
tacsatcom
tctm
textiform
tstm
wxtm

exactly?!
abbriviating carbohydrates to CHO doesn't make it right even if you've seen it in books.Not being an expert on nutrition I wouldn't like to comment on whether what seems to be a standard abbreviation would be correct or not.
There is a specific defination of what a carbohydrate is. different from say an alkanoic acid etc.Congratulations, you got that bit right.
See, now you're trying to troll a troll. good luck.Don't flatter yourself Toots. You're not even that good a troll.
You've said your piece, now lets get back to proper discussion. have a good day. [looks around for fabled proper discussion]... I'm having a great day thanks.

Mr Punch
09-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Mat

the way you speak is vile at best.Why, thank you! You haven't seen me in the morning!

Quite apart from which, before Madam became such a reformed little posting Madam I do believe I'd seen some choice expressions in Anglo-Saxon/Old French of Madams. So forgive me for responding to the Condescendathon like with like.
You have added nothing of substance to our discussion...I'll bring the tat... you bring the...
... i'll even give Serpent the benifit of a mis-type or something similar. How very benevolent of your Ladyship. I'm sure Masser Serpent is positively squirming with appreciation.

... so what happened in the next couple of posts?
That was a great observation on behalf of Ego, and no doubt there are many members becomming clearer at this very moment as a result of our three members posts.I don't know which 'observation ' you are referring to... and it seems you, once again, haven't been able to follow what I was objecting to in the first place.
Ego may not be an expert on nutrition, but I am and I'm telling you , go away and get educated. Er, no you're not. You've half-read a couple of books.

Mr Punch
09-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Mr zbloff2:

Your thread appears to be dissolving into nonsense. Please listen to Mr Serpent and Mr Toby, and on no account listen to Ms Ego or Ms Lotus.

I'll check up with my instructor (a professional shoot fighter) when he gets back from his honeymoon to see if there's anything that might be useful to add to what Serpent and Toby have written.

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 02:13 AM
you have all said here that none of you are nutritional experts, and deny what you like, it is an ongoing major of mine and has been for over 10 yrs.

Egos input on the chm side is good. As no doubt you'll refute in your little fantasy worlds where you reign supreme and no-one in opposition of your self-declared inexpertise ( IE :- the informed contingent) has any cred what so ever , the guy is a science major so I think between us, we've kind of got this one sussed.

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Ps: in response to the initial query though, was just sent this link, spo please have a read and see if it sheds some light.

www.elmhurst.ed/~chm/vchembook/5900verviewmet.html

Please also click on the open larger table option for a new page with other links, read ands and info.

WARNING : it looks a little intimidating at first for ppl who've not studied the field before because it uses some complicated words and notations, but read what you can and don't be shy to just contextualise the rest. ;)

cheers again

Toby
09-28-2004, 02:45 AM
... I think between us, we've kind of got this one sussed.I think between you you share a brain the size of a pea.

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 02:47 AM
and qualifications to use it on.

speaking of bad advice based on non-iformation, please go on.

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 03:21 AM
my my.......

and hasn't this thread suddenly become quiet :rolleyes:

does any one else here have a qualification to argue / debate with me on??

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by zbloff2
Hi,
I'm going to compete in sanshou in 2 and a half weeks.
I'm currently weighing in at 79kg, and think I'll try to get into the -75 kg class.
Since I'm new to this, I'm wondering if anyone have any good tips to cut some wheight off WHILE still being able to train pretty hard meanwhile.
The weigh-in is scheduled between 08.30-10.30, and competition starts at 10.30 the same day. I have no idea about when during the day I'm going to compete.. it could be 10.30 but just as well 13.00...

Anyway.. my plan is to:
1: go with a general low-carb, high protein, high fat diet.
2: drink alot of water, and stop drinking water sometime before the weigh-in.
3: long morning walks.. I thought about intervall training.. but I'd rather put my endurance effort into sparring and bag-drills.
4: as much sparring and pad/bag work as I feel up to
5: perhaps some ptp...If i feel up too it..but this will be a second hand option

I would greatly appriciate some feedback and ideas both regarding my plan, and if you have any other ideas to do this smartly.

So now a couple off specific questions...

1:Taking into considerations that I'm competing rather shortly after weigh-in...when and if should I stop drinking water??

2:I guess it's a pretty good idea to go back to alot more carbs in the diet before competing.. about when should I make the shift towards more carbs?

That's all for now!
Thanks alot for helping me out!

p.s The competition is semi-contact and 2*2 minutes rounds with a possible third round if it's a draw

poor dude. so much conflicting advice.

How are you going with that??

Just occurred to me, the afternoon / early night before the weigh-in, drink plenty of water, take a cleanse , then rise early and do a good estringent ( like some lemon juice in some hot water with a sweetner ( not honey) to activate the last of the cleanse) and you could swing up to an extra 2.5 kgs in fluid alone. Directly after replace some electrolytes with orange juice or milk up to an hour pre fight.

good luck dude, because if nothing else, we all want you to make the weight.

cheers

cerebus
09-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Peace on you michelle. :p

Serpent
09-28-2004, 05:06 AM
my my.......

and hasn't this thread suddenly become quiet :rolleyes:

does any one else here have a qualification to argue / debate with me on??
What's the point? You have no qualificatin whatsoever, so there's nothing to argue. The dude is hardly going to take your "advice" because he'd be hard pressed to have a fvcking clue what you were raving about.

For example:

then rise early and do a good estringent ( like some lemon juice in some hot water with a sweetner ( not honey) to activate the last of the cleanse) and you could swing up to an extra 2.5 kgs in fluid alone.

More complete bollocks.

cerebus
09-28-2004, 05:11 AM
Peace on michelle! :D

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-28-2004, 05:46 AM
Mat,

Bored reading your monologue. Tips next time: be accurate and concise. Didn't you get invited to the honey moon.

blooming lotus,

Yes, your tips on diet and heath make alot of sense.

Toby
09-28-2004, 06:53 AM
blooming lotus,

Yes, your tips on diet and heath make alot of sense. Nice trolling effort, Kelvin ;).

zbloff2
09-28-2004, 01:34 PM
What happened here...looks like some kind of ranma episode =)

Anyway, I stuck with keto diet right up to the competition, small portions, and stopped drinking an hour or two before I went to bed.
The day after I traveled to the competition, weighed in at 73.3, and proceeded to attack my dextrose water and my chicken wook with rice.
Actually I had to wait for around 5-6 hours before competition, so I had time for one more meal and plenty of water... and I mixed in some of that dried fruit candy.

So, up I went, and lost I did :p
But I had a good time anyway so I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice.....the first page of it anyway ;)

Serpent
09-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by zbloff2
What happened here...looks like some kind of ranma episode =)
blooming lotus happened. This always occurs when she comes sliding in on her sled of shyte.

So, up I went, and lost I did :p
But I had a good time anyway so I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice.....the first page of it anyway ;)
Dude, that's great. Doesn't matter whether you win or lose - as long as you have fun and learn something. Stick to it and the wins will comes. Good work! ;)

Toby
09-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Nice one, zbloff2. Did you weigh yourself right before the fight too? I'd be interested to see what you came in at after stuffing yourself. How did you feel for the fight? Full strength after eating? Did your endurance hold up?

As to the result - you should've asked about ring fighting - you might've got a 10 page thread :D.

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Stop talking like you are even half qualified to do it, to the informed you sound like raving idiots!!

Toby: on that note though, you're studying soft tissue and they don't have a nutrition module???!!!:confused: considering anoblism and consumptions contribute to it, that is verging rediculous!!

zbloff2 : very cool. Chalk up another round of experience and be sure to take notes
:cool:

Toby
09-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Stop talking like you are even half qualified to do it, to the informed you sound like raving idiots!!I'm pretty well satisfied these days that everyone but you and Ego/Kelvin know where information comes from. And Kelvin's just trolling - I dunno how much he does/doesn't know. I'll ask again like I did in some other thread - you love the appeal to authority, so state your qualifications.

... you're studying soft tissue and they don't have a nutrition module???!!!:confused: considering anoblism and consumptions contribute to it, that is verging rediculous!!Well might you be :confused:. You obviously don't know anything about a PhD by research. There are no "modules". It's not a PhD by coursework if such a thing exists (which I doubt). I've never looked into "anoblism". Do you think that might help me with my research? And you're telling me that "anoblism and consumptions contribute to ..." soft tissue? I was unaware you'd studied mechanical properties of soft tissue. Specifically what effect does "anoblism and consumption" have?

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 07:08 PM
considering anabolism and consumption dictate the quality of the tissue before you even get to how and why it's moving, I think it is definately relevant!

AS for my resume, it's ludicrous to think you're getting it. I 've told you my fields of study but local school has emergengy, so I've gotta run.

we'll talk more later no doubt

B

Serpent
09-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Stop talking like you are even half qualified to do it, to the informed you sound like raving idiots!!

Priceless. It's quite apparent that you're the least informed person here and you sound the most like a raving idiot.

AS for my resume, it's ludicrous to think you're getting it. I 've told you my fields of study but local school has emergengy, so I've gotta run.

we'll talk more later no doubt

And once again, when asked to put up, she bolts for cover.

Toby
09-28-2004, 07:33 PM
considering anabolism and consumption dictate the quality of the tissue before you even get to how and why it's moving, I think it is definately relevant!What you think and the facts are very different things. How do you know that "anabolism and consumption dictate the quality of the tissue", specifically brain tissue? This is totally outside the realm of my research, but I would imagine that the body would preserve the brain as arguably the most important organ in the body. So my guess would be that brain tissue quality in a pot-bellied Ethiopian would be comparable to brain tissue quality in an obese American. Muscle tissue quality is a different story. I'd be more inclined to believe a direct relationship there.

AS for my resume, it's ludicrous to think you're getting it. I 've told you my fields of study but local school has emergengy, so I've gotta run.You've never said anything about your qualifications. You say you've studied for 25yrs or something without saying that you're including kindergarten, primary and high school in that total (wow, impressive!). You've never mentioned exactly what your tertiary qualifications are. There's always an emergency that gets in the way :rolleyes:.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Priceless. It's quite apparent that you're the least informed person here and you sound the most like a raving idiot.

And once again, when asked to put up, she bolts for cover.

as opposed to being educated and busy :rolleyes:

spaz

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Toby
What you think and the facts are very different things. How do you know that "anabolism and consumption dictate the quality of the tissue", specifically brain tissue? This is totally outside the realm of my research, but I would imagine that the body would preserve the brain as arguably the most important organ in the body. So my guess would be that brain tissue quality in a pot-bellied Ethiopian would be comparable to brain tissue quality in an obese American. Muscle tissue quality is a different story. I'd be more inclined to believe a direct relationship there.
You've never said anything about your qualifications. You say you've studied for 25yrs or something without saying that you're including kindergarten, primary and high school in that total (wow, impressive!). You've never mentioned exactly what your tertiary qualifications are. There's always an emergency that gets in the way :rolleyes:.

well it's not outside mine on either counts and in doing a phd if you sincerely don't understand why "what we are is what we eat " is more than a nonsensical saying, I can't help you. you do understand the effects of protein on brain tissue tissue and function though , now that you bring it up?? Perhaps not, and that's before we get into nervous system balance through carb intake and before we talk about the quality of your "cell-bricks " and what it has to bond to let alone flush and cleanse ......

yawn yawn..and you claim non expertise but want to tell me of the qualed school you're not learning :rolleyes: well alrighty then ...............

lastly, excuse fraking me for not having you revolve around the centre of my world, and yes I have several times told you my quals and possibley even where they came from. I first did my fitness leaders in '92 then every health and nutrition cert ( including hospitality mgmnt and 1st yr chef + 2 yrs experience ) + enough other modules to qualify me for an rpl on a phd entry to hm ever since . You know I scored in the top 20 % conservatively in national science testings and same for english ( IE :- comprehension ) and maths ( pattern and associatiative science) in the top 5% .

Also have pt and muscle theraphy certs/ masage / bus mgmnt/ communication / pyschology ( including what now becomes combat psychology ) , my ch'an phd , it certs , and no doubt more I can't quite recall. It gets that way when you have so many :rolleyes:

deny it, and match it against the none that you have....... lie to yourself forever and ignore what you're not qualified to understand nor humble enough to accept.

later

cerebus
09-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Yadda yadda yadda... but, mysteriously, NEVER any mention of the institutions which supposedly issued these "quals" & "certs". Afterall, someone might actually check it out if she did that. Can't have that, no sir! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. You're a grammar school failure who's never even SEEN a university, much less attended one. ;)

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 02:44 AM
You're right, at the last one I worked at I went to and from blind folded everyday !

Q.U.A.L.I.F.I.C.A.T.I.O.N. too much info for you to comprehend ha ?? how about "qualification s " .ah what 's the use.you're just gon ( despite fessing to not having learnt yourselves ) claim expertise regardless......... like I'm giving you my last name to check it out anyway ( escpecially in light of recent freak weirdo !!!!) :rolleyes:

everyone luvs an armchair critic apparently.

cerebus
09-29-2004, 03:03 AM
"too much information"? Maybe YOU consider your empty claims to be too much information, but WE'VE been telling you all along that it's not enough. You make empty claims but you have nothing to back them up with. As for your last name, you sent me your e-mail address (why, I'll never know :rolleyes: ) and if I decide to send you an email, your name appears in the header.

The only "secret" info you need to divulge is the names of these mysteriously nameless institutions and the time-frames you were there. I guess that's too much information for you though. :rolleyes:

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 03:17 AM
as shaymichelle and little more ........... :rolleyes:

how many other forum members 've posted resumes anyway??? What sort of idiot do you think I am?? Wait up........... you're not qualified to answer that. now are you :P

cerebus
09-29-2004, 03:21 AM
No, actually the header it gives me (NOT the address itself) says Michelle Salt.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 03:23 AM
institutions attented / studied through

north coast institute of tafe 2000 - 2001
southbank tafe 1996- 1997
Kangaroo point tafe 1992 - 1996/7 ish
University of Southern Queensland 1995 / 1996 ?? 1997
australian professional conuselors college 1999- 2000
Gekos training institute 1997-1998
fit -link via correspondence 1996/ 97/ 98
St . Regis University 2003 / 2004

and god knows where else ??

makes no diff though does it.you can declare lie and I can continue to roll my eyes at your stupidity !

cerebus
09-29-2004, 03:31 AM
Actually, yes, it DOES make a difference (though how you fail to see that is beyond knowing). Now anyone who wants to check with these places & verify your claims can do so. If your claims check out, then we can at least accept (even in spite of all seeming evidence to the contrary contained in your many posts) that you actually DID study at these places, and I for one will admit that I stand corrected as regards your education (though not until I HAVE verified one way or the other). If, however they have no record of you (or the institutes themselves do not exist) then we can continue to call you a liar. Pretty simple really.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 03:40 AM
oh hack my records you idiot !

( ps: if you get through, can i get copies because i've lost the originals and archives are a b*tch!!!!!)

appology accepted ;) :cool:

cerebus
09-29-2004, 03:46 AM
How can you "accept" an apology when none was given? I'll never apologize to you for anything. If I was wrong about something I'll admit it. Go ahead & hold your breath waiting for that apology though.

We'll see if your claims check out before I'll even give you credit for anything.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 03:49 AM
you're not even educated.... sincerely Cerebus, your opinion on it means little !

cerebus
09-29-2004, 03:54 AM
How do you figure that I'm not educated? Every informational post I've given has been correct. I constantly have to correct your mistakes. Just because I don't go around bragging about all the schools, etc I've attended doesn't mean I haven't done so.

You seem to think that everyone who has an education goes around telling people all about it. You're still very much a child in that way.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 03:57 AM
Which is why I gave Toby and Serpent benifit of the doubt! ?? And every informational post Cerebus??? . To my recollection, that'd total all of about ....... none !!!! :rolleyes:

You've told me nothing about ma nor about health or fitness and I don't want to talk about anything else!

goodnight Cerebus.

cerebus
09-29-2004, 03:59 AM
You're just to stupid to understand anything I've said to you. I can't help that. Maybe if your uncle would've spent more "quality" time with you as a child, you'd feel a little more special, eh? ;)

Toby
09-29-2004, 05:30 AM
... A long post responding to me ...Eyebrows, postgraduate research is by nature very specific. My research is in engineering. I don't have to look into nutrition and its effects on soft tissue at all. I could if I wanted but it wouldn't benefit my research at all. I look into numerical implementation of mathematical algorithms describing energy balance equations of models of soft tissue. Also, since you don't seem to understand this, I'll repeat that I don't do coursework. No lectures, nothing. I do research and I have freedom to research whatever I want. Obviously it's of more benefit to me if it directly relates to my topic.

The reason people ask you about your qualifications is because you frequently appeal to authority while demonstrating a lack of proficiency in the areas you're discussing. I'm not so interested in your TAFE qualifications, but I am interested in your university stints. Did you complete a bachelor's degree at either one? In what subject?

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-29-2004, 06:03 AM
cerebus,

At the same time, you claim you are qualified but show no evidence of your qualifications. BL has displayed hers in good faith, unless youare prepared to operate on the same standards as you expect of others I trust you will posts your quals on this forum.

But that remains to be seen and it remains to be seen if it is infact you that has no credibility.

Toby
09-29-2004, 08:41 AM
I've got one more question Eyebrows - why would a certified genious go to TAFE and other similar "institutions"?

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Eyebrows, postgraduate research is by nature very specific. My research is in engineering. I don't have to look into nutrition and its effects on soft tissue at all. I could if I wanted but it wouldn't benefit my research at all. I look into numerical implementation of mathematical algorithms describing energy balance equations of models of soft tissue. Also, since you don't seem to understand this, I'll repeat that I don't do coursework. No lectures, nothing. I do research and I have freedom to research whatever I want. Obviously it's of more benefit to me if it directly relates to my topic.

The reason people ask you about your qualifications is because you frequently appeal to authority while demonstrating a lack of proficiency in the areas you're discussing. I'm not so interested in your TAFE qualifications, but I am interested in your university stints. Did you complete a bachelor's degree at either one? In what subject?

I understand about phd format, but surely prior you touched on nutrition?? !! I'm not trying to tell you how to write your paper, but you did ask and I answered. If you don't think it's relevant, well you just don't.

As for the quals, you know you can trade up credit for at least 2 - 3 yrs of tafe on any degree in Australia.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 06:16 PM
I've got one more question Eyebrows - why would a certified genious go to TAFE and other similar "institutions"?

apparently, according to good scources, I'm a little petulant and maybe a little rebellious toward committment. Tafe is often more convenient anyway and paperwork being the b*tch it is, if I can trade up credit, I'm sweet with the modules I get from them.

Toby
09-29-2004, 06:47 PM
I understand about phd format, but surely prior you touched on nutrition?? !! I'm not trying to tell you how to write your paper, but you did ask and I answered. If you don't think it's relevant, well you just don't.It's not that I don't think it's relevant - it's not. Full stop. I'm an engineer, not human movement, biology, physiology, etc. Looking into nutrition would be a waste of time since it is totally outside the scope of my project.

... I am interested in your university stints. Did you complete a bachelor's degree at either one? In what subject?

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 07:02 PM
fair enough. like I said, it's your paper and if you feel that tissue construction and quality related information is irrelevant, well so you do, end of story.

the words " incomplete paper" come to mind, but if I have to get the rest of my information elsewhere, I guess that's just the way that goes.

cheers and happy penning

Toby
09-29-2004, 07:05 PM
I don't feel that it's irrelevant. It is irrelevant. My thesis will be marked by experts in (a) mechanical engineering or (b) computer graphics or (c) both. Not one of the topics you've mentioned is of importance in my field.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 07:07 PM
So your field is as wide as it is........ I understand and happy penning I said! :cool:

blooming lotus
09-30-2004, 02:57 AM
ketos will always be contraversial but was just again sent another link that may give it some credence or clarification at min

www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99995003

or see

www.physicsforumsLongest_scientific_study_yet_.com/archive/t-26210_Longest_scientific_study_yet_backs_Aitkins_d iet.html

blooming lotus
09-30-2004, 03:04 AM
The duration of the tests was 12 mths and if you do read the article , you'll come to part where it goes on to to say that while results on keto vs conventional at the end of period were the same , the keto group did it in 6 mths, maintained it for for 6 mths after then as a side benifit enjoyed lower hdl ( harmful cholesterol ) levels.

when you couple this, with the msm studies and health benifits resulting from extra protein in lieu of conventional diets that generally have much less , why you'd want to eat any other way, is beyond me.

enjoy the reads

cheers

B

Serpent
09-30-2004, 05:46 AM
the keto group did it in 6 mths, maintained it for for 6 mths after then as a side benifit enjoyed lower hdl ( harmful cholesterol ) levels.

We all know already that you're ignorant, but the harmful cholesterol is LDL, not HDL.

Fool.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Toby,

"why would a certified genious go to TAFE and other similar "institutions"?"

Shows that BL is not an interllectual snob or one who gos after the paper. To seek knowledge should be the first objective. In any case, it is the work you put in more so than the subjects / institutions you enrol into.

Serpent,

The article goes beyond that. It talks about the potential of long term negative effects in high protein + fat + low carb is used in conjunction with training over sustained periods. You lose out in damages to kidneys, liver and heart. You would have to take in additional amounts of fluid to clear the waste products + to fight dehydration at the same time.

BL mentioned about hydrating when on high protein. That is absolutely spot on and ok in the short term.

High protein + fat may not necessarily improve muscle performance in anycase, but more on that later.

blooming lotus
09-30-2004, 06:18 PM
1st hdl, ldl, semantics.......... not secure enough in knowlege to just talk facts and contextualise typos ha?? Boys!! :rolleyes:

so what.I never claimed to be a typing expert and omg the woman's human!!!

AS for high protein / low carb not being good for performance, I totally disaggree. I worked out 12 hrs every day, plus drove 1 + hrs each way to my teaching course, plus posted here and did the "mommy"/ aunty / house gal to boot. I think the key is to make sure you allow yourself a carb load frequently, even if it means taking a cushoin that'll no doubt last less than a day or 3 max, and on your simple carb, or even complex, get a maltrose / cornstarch in there so as the little carb you consume will be injecvted deep into your muscle and so increase your performance.

Serps : on the quals , answer my question ******. what do you have in this field???????

PPs: as for the "genious" status, I thought we already decided it was irrelevant and means jack, so unless you have a person inferiority issue, let the dog sleep!!!!!!!!

Serpent
09-30-2004, 08:08 PM
1st hdl, ldl, semantics.......... not secure enough in knowlege to just talk facts and contextualise typos ha?? Boys!! :rolleyes:

h and l are nowhere near each other on the keyboard. You were wrong - just admit it fercrissakes.

so what.I never claimed to be a typing expert and omg the woman's human!!!

Human? Barely.

I think the key is to make sure you allow yourself a carb load frequently

If you carb load frequently, you are hardly on an HPLC diet are you. :rolleyes:

Serps : on the quals , answer my question ******. what do you have in this field???????

Certificate of Attainment in:
Advanced Aerobic Conditioning
Advanced Resistance Training
Nutrition and Weight Management

All of the above being parts of the Cert IV qual from the FIA (Fitness Institute Australia), arguably the most respected and accomplished Sports and Fitness specific learning institute in Australia, if not all of APAC.

This is on top of all the various Cert. III requirements completed a long time ago.

All of this on top of undergrad degree in Exercise Science & Kinesiology, plus numerous coaching and instructor quals from various martial arts bodies.

I'm not going to give you any more personal details than that, so you'll have to take my word for it. Besides, my knowledge should be apparent from my input. As your "knowledge" is painfully apparent from yours.

Are you sure you want to continue this p!ssing match?

Fool.

blooming lotus
09-30-2004, 08:19 PM
like I said .semantics and why you're acting like a little d*ck sh*tted boy wanting attention , I'll never know..'cause quite clearly you're not.........there in lays ( and has for a while ) my problem with you!
:confused:

AS far as the carb loading, if you do it only for 1 day a week and only to 80 ish gms - you're still on keto, but by cutting and cleansing ( alah msm effect) using it before anabolism, making it available rather than holistically repercussive.. if you do catch a keto anabloic fallout though, your carbs are going to cut it enough to stop the high-burn at reset your metab...........

on the pis*ing match : - you started it and yah......if you insist I'm happy to finish it...no need to big note on your school , I'm sure I can find the link.and doesn't everyone claim their school is the best , fastest and most current.

self promotion unneccessary. ...........

paying your quals though, so stop thinking and talking like your not like an expert.!! quite frankly , you've studied an acceptable time, are committed and you are as much as I am ( whatever your feeling or school of oppositional thought) ( and I look fwd to the troll on that comment ) so deal with it idiot and stop being so bashful......

just the fact you know?? just the facts!!!!!??

so between us both............ wanna talk school or is it all going to be a yes you are / no you're not slang match??