PDA

View Full Version : Emin leaves ETWO, but stays at the IWTO

Armin
07-22-2001, 10:41 AM
Hi guys!

Ok, first here's the link:

http://www.wingtsun.net/

go to "hot news" (or the like) on top left.

Does anyone know more?

Armin.

PS: Interesting thing: this fact has been discussed very hot lately over here, but I didn't read anything here!

tnwingtsun
07-22-2001, 09:11 PM
10 months ago my Si-hing told me Emin and Keith
were having problems.
I thought they had worked it out until I read about it a coulple of days ago.

So when he comes to Germany you can train with him without breaking any EWTO rules. ;)

Armin
07-24-2001, 06:47 AM
Hi tnwingtsun!

That was my first thought, too. But I really don't know if I want to - going back to paying a lot of money, all that ground-rolling, Pak Sao in the face, faking pictures (ok, that one was too hard, sorry), ...

No, my problem is: I have no time. I'll start working next week (I'm done with studying, finally) and I run two schools on my own (with 8 different dates per week!), than I have a girl-friend (that eats most of my time) and: I have to post in Internet-Forums.

Best wishes,

Armn.

Martial Joe
07-24-2001, 07:14 AM
I wonder if any fights will accure because of this...

benci
07-24-2001, 04:07 PM
Wing Chun (actually I do Wing Tsun), although not in other MA, but isn't Emin Botzepe a bit of an egomaniac? I mean he called the system with his name, on the site there are several pictures of him showing his muscles, and from what I have heard around he has been arguing with several people (i.e. Gracie family, now with Kernespecht etc.).

I am no questioning on his technical skills which I beleive are really good, but don't you guys think he should calm down and relax a bit (and maybe post less pictures showing his abds?). His behavior does not seem to be exactly in line with MA spirit.

I would like to have your opinions about this, maybe I have the wrong perception of the guy, thanks

wtsihing
07-25-2001, 07:49 PM
As of this week of July 22, 2001, Emin Boztepe was expelled from the International WingTsun Association (IWTA) by its Great Grandmaster, Dr. Leung Ting. Emin, a former Sifu in the IWTA, was the chief instructor for GGM Dr. Leung Ting's American IWTA branch, the American WingTsun Organization (AWTO). Being that GGM Dr. Leung Ting has withdrawn his support from Emin Boztepe and the AWTO, Emin Boztepe and the AWTO no longer represent GGM Dr. Leung Ting's WingTsun System nor his IWTA.

Dr. Leung Ting, with the help of his eldest American students, has formed the new American IWTA branch, the American WingTsun Association (AWTA). The AWTA will be headed by GGM Dr. Leung Ting himself.

Emin was under scrutiny for a variety of reasons and had several 'consequences' levied against him by the leaders of the Leung Ting WT System. Emin continued to negate all attempts (the forming of his own 'martial arts system' the 'final cut') to resolve this efficiently and professinally. All arguments between the peoples aside, the leaders of the Leung Ting WT System attempted to resolve this matter quietly and professionally. In the words of GGM Dr. Leung Ting: "It is with deep sorrow that I hereby announce that the (AWTO) is no longer a member of my IWTA."

The following is an OFFICIAl INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE IWTA, HONG KONG (by GGM Dr. Leung Ting):

"I have seen open letter by my kung fu grandson (to-suen), Emin Boztepe, who has formed his "Emin Boztepe Martial Art System".

So from this date 23 July 2001, Emin Boztepe is no longer a member of IWTA and no more the chief instrcutor of my American branch.

Since he has obviously registered the name of my American Branch as the "American WingTsun Organization" (AWTO) under his own name, I have formed my new American branch under the new title "AMERICAN WINGTSUN ASSOCIATION" (AWTA).

From this date, the former (AWTO) has nothing to do with me and our (IWTA) anymore.

I will no longer support the (AWTO) and my ex-representative in the USA, Emin Boztepe, anymore.

Instructors and members of the old (AWTO) who want to remain members of the Leung Ting System of WingTsun and who want to keep their degrees and sifu titles must register with my newly formed AMERICAN WINGTSUN ASSOCIATION.

I hereby invite all my WT instructors to join our "Board of Instructors Committee" to form the new AWTA.

Sincerely yours,

Grandmaster Professor Leung Ting
Founder and World Chief Instrcutor of IWTA"

YOU CAN VIEW THE NEW AWTA WEBSITE AT: leungtingwingtsun.net

[This message was edited by wtsihing on 07-26-01 at 11:01 AM.]

Martial Joe
07-25-2001, 08:01 PM
So he was kicked out by Ting?

Sihing73
07-25-2001, 08:05 PM
Hello,

It saddens me to see this current state of affairs. Rather than continue to stir the pot I would suggest that we let this matter rest.

At present there is doubtless a great deal of turmoil within this family which does not need to be aired in public. Out of respect for them I am closing this topic and giving everyone a chance to cool off and heal.

Anyone wishing to learn more about this situation is invited to go to each persons respective web sites or to contact a representative directly. However, at this time I feel it is inappropriate to air anothers laundry in public without being privy to both sides and without each person having a viable representative. I am sure that there will be much re-orginization and some people will be torn as to who to give their loyalty to. Others will be forced to make a choice as to availability of instruction available.

I urge everyone not to respond in the heat and emotion of the moment but to let things settle down first.

As always anyone wishing to discuss this further may contact me directly at either of the following:

Sihing73@juno.com
dmcknight@rcn.com

Peace,

Dave