http://www.sandowplus2.co.uk/Zass/IMW/imw.htm

mickey
09-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I thought credit belonged to Damo. :)

mickey

Bluejay
09-10-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't know who Damo is,but Zass was promoting isometrics in the 1920s and formal research didn't begin until the 1950s. Obviously forms of isometrics go back to ancient times in kung fu, yoga etc, but Zass is the first to promote it in modern times.

mickey
09-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I think Zass would have had a great time with the Stone Warrior program put out by Green Dragon.

I think isometric exercises are making a real comeback. I think it is good stuff.

mickey

P.S.: Damo, the Patron Saint of Shaolin martial arts. He is credited for the creation of the Muscle Tendon change, among other things.

Bluejay
09-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Certainly the early kung fu tensing exercises were the forerunner of isometrics. Bodhidharma brought them to China from India.

Bluejay
09-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Maybe more appropriately I should refer to Zass as the father of modern isometrics.

I looked up Damo on my search engine-interesting. I had never heard the development of the kung fu tensing exercises assigned to one indiviuual.

I first came across kung Fu Tensing exercises when I took Mike Dayton's "Chi Mind Control" course in the 1970s.

mickey
09-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Bluejay,

Damo and Bodhidarma are one and the same.

I have Mike Dayton's course. I like it.

mickey

mickey
09-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Re: Isometrics,

For me it does not matter who developed it. Over time things come and go-- there really is nothing new.

As long as the isometric practice is sound and result producing: Great.

I also think that muscle control (maxalding) is an equally overlooked discipline that deserves another look.

mickey

Bluejay
09-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Mickey, That's great I have really learned something. Gordon

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mickey
Hi,

I think Zass would have had a great time with the Stone Warrior program put out by Green Dragon.

I think isometric exercises are making a real comeback. I think it is good stuff.

mickey

P.S.: Damo, the Patron Saint of Shaolin martial arts. He is credited for the creation of the Muscle Tendon change, among other things.

dynamic isometrics ( now affectionately called pilates) has been around for a while and has recently ( in the last 10 yrs ) become much more popular. Still wouldn't do without my iso butt execerises ( 1000 reps / sets of 100-200 at different angles) , but it is definately a worthwhile endevour.

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by mickey
Re: Isometrics,

For me it does not matter who developed it. Over time things come and go-- there really is nothing new.

As long as the isometric practice is sound and result producing: Great.

I also think that muscle control (maxalding) is an equally overlooked discipline that deserves another look.

mickey

Mickey

can you explain to us what you mean by that term exactly???

Ps: I just took a quick look at the article link, and it ( pilates) sounds like isotonic exercising, unless you retain the contraction and increase/ decrease density and length as you go. Just wanted to make myself clear. :) :cool:

_William_
09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
http://www.maxalding.plus.com/

Bluejay
09-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Dynamic Isometrics is an interesting terms. John Peterson refers to it as Dynamic Visualized Resistance [DVR]

http://www.bronzebowpublishing.com/ad.cfm

mickey
09-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Thank you William for posting the link!

That link should explain it all blooming lotus.

mickey

blooming lotus
09-13-2004, 03:13 AM
can't open any links at the mo, but when i get a chance I'll read them both .

cheers