PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Jademan Comics character?

blueflash
09-10-2004, 07:09 PM
I recently acquired my cousins ENTIRE collection of Jademan comics. This is almost all the issues for all the series that came out during the late 80's early 90's in the U.S. I'm wondering if anyone here remembers them, cuz I can't stop reading them. So far my favorite characters are Hero, Kim Hung from Blood Sword, and Incredible Chap and Guy from Oriental Heroes.

Shaolinlueb
09-14-2004, 08:55 AM
holy crap, I havent heard jademan comics in a looooong ass time. I have force of buddha's palm issues and a couple issues of oriental hero's. jademan was good stuff. too bad their stuff is impossible to find just about these days :(

Li Kao
09-17-2004, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I haven't heard that name in a long while either. Most large comic book stores carry at least some of the Jademan issues, though good luck trying to complete out a series. I used to really like Force of Buddha's Palm too.

If you want to check out some newer stuff that is very similar to Tony Wong's art style, I would recommend Andy Seto's latest stuff -- his books are usually available in the Manga section at Barnes & Nobles or Borders -- he did a really cool version of the extended Crouching Tiger story as well as a comic adaptation of Shaolin Soccer. Great fluid artwork and amazing inking -- very reminiscent of the Jademan stuff.

Shaolinlueb
09-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Li Kao
Yeah, I haven't heard that name in a long while either. Most large comic book stores carry at least some of the Jademan issues, though good luck trying to complete out a series. I used to really like Force of Buddha's Palm too.

If you want to check out some newer stuff that is very similar to Tony Wong's art style, I would recommend Andy Seto's latest stuff -- his books are usually available in the Manga section at Barnes & Nobles or Borders -- he did a really cool version of the extended Crouching Tiger story as well as a comic adaptation of Shaolin Soccer. Great fluid artwork and amazing inking -- very reminiscent of the Jademan stuff.

yes I have the 4 issue crouching tiger hidden dragon. it takes place before the movie. and its nice artwork. i saw that and i was like hmm reminds me of jademan, so i went and reread the 3 issues of jademan comics i have that i loved dearly. very difficult to find nowadays milehighcomics.com has some not much.