PDA

View Full Version : Interesting story

Enforcer-
09-11-2004, 01:13 PM
One day, a tourist was walking down a sandy beach. He noticed as he was walking that the tide had brought in a lot of starfish. Continuing his walk, he started looking at the starfish and their pretty colors .
He noticed a shape off in the distance. He couldn't tell what it was at first, but as his walk progressed and he came nearer to this shape, it transformed itself into an old native of the island. This old man, he could tell, was walking towards him, but at a very slow pace.

The reason for the pace of the old man became apparent the as the two came nearer to each other. The old man was also looking at the starfish, but he was also doing more. He was picking up those he found and throwing them back out to sea. Eventually, because they were walking towards each other, the two men met.

"Why are you throwing the starfish back into the sea?" asked the tourist of the old man.

"Starfish die if they're out of the seawater for too long." replied the old native. "I do this every day on my walk."

Ever the practical man, the tourist said, "It's a good thing to do, but do you know how many starfish there must be washed up on this beach every day? You can't possibly make a dent in that. What possible difference can you make in an effort to save starfish?"

The old man bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it out into the sea. He then turned towards the tourist, and said, "It made a difference to that one."

Chang Style Novice
09-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Ten years later, the two of them coincidentally found themselves trapped by pirates in an underground dungeon. The cell was below the tide line, and as the water deepened, they noticed a giant, man-eating starfish entering the pool.

It devoured the man who was once a tourist, and led the other one to freedom.

SevenStar
09-12-2004, 04:19 AM
you've been banned once... you're being watched...

Enforcer-
09-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't even know what I was banned for. People post alot worse **** than me and I never troll but you keep deleting my posts.

rubthebuddha
09-20-2004, 11:14 PM
1. posting crap
2. posting crap from other forums

that about covers the basics.

others may post some irrelevant stuff here, but they also contribute useful stuff on a regular basis. yes, even CSN contributes.

Enforcer-
09-20-2004, 11:16 PM
hey you dont think the links of other styles sparring I post like the kung fu bare knuckle tournament I just posted is useful?

And another thing. I say you let my good friend Serious harm back on here and let him post.

rubthebuddha
09-20-2004, 11:29 PM
those links are fine, but that's all you do.

"lookie! i have links and stories from somewhere else, but nothing useful of my own to say!"

by relavent content, i mean something YOU think up, not something someone else did, said, etc.

serious harm was more of a serious harm to himself. he didn't follow forum rules, so he got kicked. it's not a difficult concept.

Enforcer-
09-20-2004, 11:43 PM
the only reason he got banned was because the whole internet internal martial art community complained to the mods and they got tired of the complains and banned him but he didnt violate any rules, all he did was question their egos and teachings instead of walways patting themsevles on the back like they do. As serious harm put it on bullshido:

"the whole internet martial art community is stuck in what Bruce Lee would call "the classical mess".

Enforcer-
09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
I eprsonally dont like to get into the flame wars that go on in these forums like tma vs mma and such.

rubthebuddha
09-20-2004, 11:56 PM
neither do we, so why bother bringing them up.

serious harm posted nothing useful to this forum. he did, however post a bunch of retarded crap from other forums, so we warned him. he continued, so we banned him. like i said, it's not a difficult concept. one would have hoped the consequences would have been obvious to both him and you, but hoping doesn't always make the cupcake appear.

norther practitioner
09-21-2004, 12:21 AM
And then, a few years later, the old native died because the he couldn't catch any fish on the beach where he screwed the ecosystem up...

CaptinPickAxe
09-21-2004, 12:22 AM
....and the ecosystem ate his children with mother Earth by candle light. The two of them went on to have several offspring, but most notably, Bob Dole and Calista Flockheart.

Josh Vogel
09-24-2004, 06:16 AM
There was this couple who lived on the beach, husband and wife. Well, one day the husband tells the wife "babe, I'm going to go collect some snails, I'll be home in a couple of hours" and with a bucket, he heads down the beach.

He's collecting snails for a while when he sees this woman coming up to him. They talk for a while and have a great time, so he ends up going home with her where one thing leads to another.

The man wakes up the next morning thinking "oh ****, I have to get home!" so he grabs the bucket of snails and starts running. He gets to his house, is running up the stairs when he trips and scatters snails everywhere! His wife comes out "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!?". The husband looks around for a minute at the snails and says "COME ON GUYS! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!"

Icewater
09-24-2004, 12:57 PM
lmao... while completely devoid of martial content (other than a good example of quick thinking) that was worth my time.

Chang Style Novice
09-24-2004, 01:10 PM
And that sad little boy that nobody liked grew up to be...Roy Cohn.

And now you know the rest of the story.