PDA

View Full Version : Training in Kansas

SifuX-HSK
09-12-2004, 01:59 PM
hey what's up folks.

From Sept. 23-26th i will be in kansas doing a seminar.

anyone is welcomed to attend regardless of the relationships off of this forum, there are no grudges.

i will also be filming the introduction video to Tien Loong Bei Mei.

if anyone is interested please email me at hungloonghsk@hot mail.com

i look forward to those who are already interested in going and hope to see you there, oh yeah and thank you guys for your interest.

sifu frank mccarthy

***oh, yeah, i'd like to thank those who have emailed me with their interest and i will be sending out the dvd soon. i'll have the "Bone Crusher" sticks waiting in kansas for you as well.

thanks guys.

Go Jun Long
09-13-2004, 05:49 AM
Where in Kansas and what are you doing there? Bak Mei?

SifuX-HSK
09-16-2004, 02:02 PM
i will mostly be near 0loathe and the seminar will be held at sifu Randy Lee's school.

i will be checking up on my students progress and such, and film the introduction video to Tien Loong Bai Mei. a seminar will be held on sept 26th.

once again for those who don't know what Tien Loong Bai Mei is, it is the name of the new hybrid combat stick fighting system where i have taken elements of both Latosa escrima and hung sing choy lee fut and combined them into one.

it will remain for now under the umbrella of choy lee fut weaponry and has the potential to grow.

My system will allow you to adapt to any situation, style, or even weaponry. what it will do is give you a greater and deeper understanding into your already existing bladed weapon experience. from this i speak with first hand experience. it has sharpened my butterfly knives skills tremendously.

don't get me wrong, i am not claiming to have the best system, it is not better than what's out there, just another alternative. it is up to you to give it a try. Hell, my students were at first skeptical but later became believers.

so, for anyone interested in possibly getting a hold of our dvd, you can contact me at hungloonghsk@hotmail.com

thanks,

sifu frank mccarthy

GO JUN LONG: what's up, i am a student of Fut San's Hung Sing Kwoon under Sifu Lok Gee Hung. have you been to fut san?

Go Jun Long
09-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Yes Sir I have and I keep going back.
What system of Stick and bladed fighting do you study/teach? From where in the Islands? I teach Serrada Eskrima under Jimmy Tacosa (Pacific Eskrima Academy/Tacosa Cadena Eskrima) along with Futshan Bak Mei.

SifuX-HSK
09-19-2004, 11:56 AM
hey now, i have been practicing Latosa Escrima. Rene Latosa is my grandmaster.

within latosa escrima you have the dagger and then we use big knives like machete's.

the we use all the bladed weapons from choy lee fut as well.

in my system the bladed section will only be to fine tune techniques.

i like the banging of the sticks though. but rattan will not last one session. that is why we are now offering these new sticks that will last a life time.

have you ever been to the Hung Sing kwoon in fut san?

frank

SifuX-HSK
09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
hey in addition, we will be providing the new sticks we have, and

also with the gung fu and tien loong bai mei traininng we will be

viewing old film footage of the old Hung SIng and actually has live

footage of Professor Lau Bun, the young doc fai wong, Jew

Leong, and my sifu Dino Salvatera from back in the days. for

anyone wanting to

participate, you are welcomed to come watch.

contact me for more information at: hungloonghsk@hotmail.com

SifuX-HSK
09-28-2004, 03:15 PM
i would like to thank all of those who did attend our little seminar out in kansas.

I would like to thank Sudam (Master) Gene Thornton and Sifu Randi lee for all their support.

to matt and bethany, thank for all that great footage we filmed. and thanks for staying at (KUMED) the hospital while i got stitched up.

Hope to see you guys at the next seminar.

Sifu Frank

Serpent
09-28-2004, 06:45 PM
What happened? Why did you need the stitches?

SifuX-HSK
09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
in regards to the stitches serpent, we were filming some file footage of us using our sticks to break bricks and cinder blocks and such that needed good force to break. I was holding this 1.5inch thick roofing tile, and when my student broke the tile one of the sharp edges shot up and pretty seriously lacerated my wrist. we got that on film. i didn't even know i was injured until the blood began squirting all over the place.

the worst part of it was i wanted to take a shower before going to the hospital and wrapped the wound up then put a plastic bag over it so not to get it wet, and took a hot shower. what i didn't know was that hot water will make you blood pump more. i noticed after i got dressed that the bag was sort of full of what i thought was water but turned out to be full of blood.

luckily it only took about 7 stitches and the pain is not too bad. but i will have a nice scar left over.

anyways, in the end we did get some nice footage of our students exploding things with their strikes, even things didn't want to break.

but thanks for asking,

and forgive my apprehension, but i do hope that was an honest query into what happened and not a shot.

Frank

Serpent
09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
LOL, yeah that was an honest query. I was genuinely interested and concerned for you. Should make some pretty dramatic footage for the DVD! And a lesson in not getting too hot when you're bleeding. ;)

Hope you heal up quickly.

SifuX-HSK
10-11-2004, 01:05 PM
hey,

thanks for your concern. i did lose a lot of blood, but it has been healing up nicely. and in regards to the footage, yeah it may go into my bloopers section. the blood was squirting all over the place. but things happen.

thanks bra'!

frank