PDA

View Full Version : OMG I cant believe this...

HanRen
09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
I was browsing at China.org and read a news on the Shaolin Abbot released few Shaolin Kung Fu secrets to the public. I was curious so I went to the official Shaolin website (Chinese one, http://www.shaolin.org.cn/html/html/) and if you click on the word, "Wu". it will lead you to all the public relased Shaolin Kung fu. Anyway, just click on the link "Wu" you will see almost all the Shaolin 72 secrets and medecines and many others. After a while reading all the public released Kung Fu I was feeling I've seen them before...weird. So I searched my storage place, I found 2 books which my father passed down to me, the books are about Shaolin Kung Fu and its history of Shaolin, when I was young I had read them, but I was like, "probably just some fantasy". I didn't took them seriously, and I recalled my father once told us childern during Chinese New Year that he had been trained by a Shaolin monk before. (it was before World War 2, long ago, and yes my father was in the WW2 and Chinese Civil War), I reopen the books again and found the materials are exactly the same as on the website, and more than they publicized on the web site. OMG I don't understand. :confused:

Ravenshaw
09-12-2004, 05:36 PM
My dad was also a martial arts enthusiast when he was younger and he has a book like that. There is another, almost identical book that is very popular right now called the 72 Consummate Arts Secrets of the Shaolin Temple.

r.(shaolin)
09-12-2004, 05:58 PM
You are saying that the "released few Shaolin Kung Fu secrets" on Shaolin's website are simply copied verbatim from an old document on Shaolin? Is it possible to post the cover of your father's two books?

r.

mickey
09-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Hi HanRen,

It is becoming rare to hear of pre WWII Shaolin. Did your father speak much of his training and the Shaolin curriculum? If so, it would be really great if you would share it with us. There is no limit to the value of even the smallest glimpse into the past.

By the way, you did Jim Kelly wrong!

mickey

HanRen
09-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Ok the books are titled (I will try to translate them as correctly as possible) "Shaolin Arts hand written secrets". My father wasnt a monk nor went to Shaolin temple. This may sound like in the movie but this is actually what heppened to him. The monk was actually passing by the village and for some reasons (my father didnt say) he stayed and starting teaching selected few kids martial arts. that was basically about it, he didn't want to talk much about it later (don't know why). I remembered one art that my father wanted me to learn was called, "Sun light's hand " (sorry poor translation) he told me that, " learn this, although you may not see the benefit but once you learned it, you will know it". but I was lazy :D. As far as martial art goes, I am wing chun and TKD combinations. BTW my father think Wing Chun not a real martial art. :p

blooming lotus
09-13-2004, 03:17 AM
Awesome stuff !! You're lucky to have had that experience....so how about posting some lyrics??

and HanRen, can you tell us when the books were published and by whom??

cheers

B

mickey
09-13-2004, 04:22 PM
HanRen,

Thank you for sharing that much. Now let me share with you.

Around twenty years ago I ran into a former training partner who spoke about some of the advanced level practices of Shaolin. One technique that he spoke to me about was a method of shooting chi out from the palm, like a gun, that would kill the opponent within a 24 hour period. It was called "Sun Ray Palm": a very high level technique. It was only to be used when you had no chance of victory, eventually putting an end to the foe's malicious ways.

I hope this info doesn't make you feel like crap.

mickey

blooming lotus
09-13-2004, 07:03 PM
no doubt Micks ( especially after my participation) folks will troll on that comment ( and even worse if I made the original statement myself!!!

Can you explain this in clear western 5 yr old jive?? Are you talking dimmak or alha Ford Prefect " chi blast" and how do you suppose this works.... in all sincerity??

Micks??

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-14-2004, 12:41 AM
blooming lotus,

I don't exactly know how it works but i've seen a re-creation of the Sun-Da-Jeong in a SB production. The battlefiled was teeming with Ching soldiers (which you know are about to die horribly).

In true form the monks decended from the skies like birds of prey and straffed the enemy formation with concentrated sunlight like there's no tomorrow.

Maybe that's an over dramatization on SB's part for a technique that would cure a hic-cup.

Hey, you should come visit the southern kung fu forum sometime. It's a happening place but could do with a make-over through your spiritual input.

mickey
09-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi blooming lotus,

From what I was told, it was a chi projection technique. It definitely would not fall into the dim mak category because dim mak involves touch.

I know nothing more than this.

mickey

mickey
09-14-2004, 02:18 AM
To answer how it may work,

One can look at it as a form of Reiki that has been taken to the dark side.

Epiphany: just as a singer's high pitch voice can shatter a glass, the vibrations disrupt the victim's circadian rhythms (ala dim mak), and may also upset the other auric fields (some say bodies) of that victim.

That is the best that I can do.

mickey

blooming lotus
09-14-2004, 04:15 AM
yah. had a brief brush with reiki a bit back but you'd have to be really confident it was going to work.

At least with dim mak, it's really only about accuracy, this is a little chancey to be too much good to many.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-14-2004, 06:37 AM
I dunno about this whole dim mak thing. You got to be suppa accurate, know the time of day. Say the books were written in China (depending on what part of china you have different time zones), I leave in NJ USA right? I come across some bad @ss dude on the street - it's late at night.

I gotta reach for my mag light so I can see my watch, do a mental calculation of what the equiv. time is in china, think of the dim mak points I need, shine the torch at his face and use my dim mak skill.

Or I could just shine the torch at his face and slam the handle of the torch down the bridge of his nose - when he goes, hey man what's with that light....

Shaolinlueb
09-14-2004, 08:44 AM
isnt all pre ww2 shaolin perfectly preserved in shaolin-do? :o :o :o

blooming lotus
09-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
I dunno about this whole dim mak thing. You got to be suppa accurate, know the time of day. Say the books were written in China (depending on what part of china you have different time zones), I leave in NJ USA right? I come across some bad @ss dude on the street - it's late at night.

I gotta reach for my mag light so I can see my watch, do a mental calculation of what the equiv. time is in china, think of the dim mak points I need, shine the torch at his face and use my dim mak skill.

Or I could just shine the torch at his face and slam the handle of the torch down the bridge of his nose - when he goes, hey man what's with that light....

I'm sure there's a point there !! :D

lol.... seriously though, there are points that work regardless of time and others better at another time. Highly recommend to study dm, it's a "kind" option in lieu of smaking each others' brains out , using the fu only when necc and all :P

you know?? !! ;)

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-14-2004, 11:26 PM
BL,

I think from what you wrote, you aren't too confident at projecting you chi very well because maybe - too intense you blow things up around the target as well - politically incorrect these days

Have you thought of carrying a few golf balls with ya, that way you can strike at acu points at a distance without the need to project your chi.

Yes, you bring the Yang to the Yin (or is it the other way around) ie. the tactics to complement the testosterone of some :)

blooming lotus
09-15-2004, 02:32 AM
lol at chi blasting my opponents with golf ball projectiles :rolleyes:

I can project my chi adequately but in lieu of hands on combat, I just wouldn't rely on it is what I'm saying.

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Blooming Lotus,

No, golf balls to hit acu points in lieu of chi blast. I'm not doubting that you can project chi. I'm saying that it's easier to learn how to throw things accurately than it is to project chi reliably. don't you think?

Buddy
09-15-2004, 08:32 AM
"No, golf balls to hit acu points in lieu of chi blast. I'm not doubting that you can project chi. I'm saying that it's easier to learn how to throw things accurately than it is to project chi reliably. don't you think?"

Oh brother. You actually believe this horse s**t? I's like trying to teach a pig to dance...

GeneChing
09-15-2004, 09:11 AM
OK, before we start talking about golf balls and pressure points, you should do a little more research into CMA throwing weapons. The best throwing weapon, in my mind, has always been coins. I say this for two reasons. First was that I had a classmate a long time ago who practiced throwing and he got to the point that he could stick a quarter into plywood accurately at about ten feet. Second was that someone once threw a penny at me (this was junior high school) and it caught me on the upper lip. I went down. That freakin' hurt. You always have a pocketful of coins. Forget the golf balls.

As for hitting acupoints, just focus on hitting first. ;)

Back to the original topic, the 72 Shaolin methods have been floating around martial circles for a while now. It's a bit dodgy to say that the temple is releasing secrets then show this. I'm more curious as to the origin of those 72 techniques - what's the first documentation of the 72?

blooming lotus
09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
fock throwing anything!!

If it's from a distance, the threat doesn't warrant attack/ reciprocation!

EGO: if you know anything at all about qi, you will understand that we project it and leave traces of it where ever we move throughout our lives ( like a remnant energy blueprint ) and projecting it is something we do regardless of our awareness to it. To control it is another thing all together, but in "real" situations, ( which I'm seeming to see a few of recently) I'd rather the physical approach but only when absolutely neccessary. I'm a buddhist remember, and if your life isn't in the balance, there will be no threat acknowledged.

Dong Ma lil dude???

Bl

Ps: Gene : you know my academic interest but often differnt lingo interferes with communicating (and that there is a point all on its' own) ... I'm sure I have something relative!! Can you elaborate on the 72 methods ??

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Blooming Lotus / Gene Ching,

Yes, I was thinking about the throwing coin idea and it might not fit well with the teaching of doing least possible harm especially when the coins can penetrate slabs of wood, think what it can do to human flesh - not pretty.

Moreover, you need a blunt impact to stimulate an acu point, such as a fist, finger or knuckle. Cutting objects just don't do the trick. You'll end up slicing your opponent until he / she stops.

That's a very good philsopophy of using force only when absolutely necessary, the difference between the kung fu i used to train and I guess yours is that I wouldn't hold back - hit hard and fast. Whereas, BL, I think you look for the optimal shot.

Maybe it's because I'm not that confident with my ability to allow an opponent that kind of leeway when fighting starts, and my knowledge of chi kung is very limited.

Is it true that you can throw acupuncture needles instead of channeling your chi projecting?

I'm come across an instument where ppl use a weak laser beam to stimulate an acu point instead of using needles. OK this might sound more space age, but can't a more powerful laser be used for your type of self defence? :)

Maybe for someone like me, the solution is a taser, the electric shock will simulate the cardio disruption as a chi-blast would produce.... and not cause permernant damage :) what are your thoughts?

HanRen
09-16-2004, 01:08 AM
I dont know if this is only in Wing Chun but in Wing Chun we have throwing chop sticks (well dont have to be it, but anything shape like it) our objective is to throw it into wooden board. MY Sifu tells me that this is Wing Chun's "AnQi" (dark weapon) I witness my sifu thow chop sticks into wood, ****, imagin human flash.....

blooming lotus
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I retiterate, FOCK THROWING anything!!!!!!!!!

lol....I don't know about no esoteric, 2020 space age combat ( If you can all it that) shyte!!! All I know is that if push comes to shove and I'm out of condition, providing the threat is real, my dim mak has my back!!!

Ps: I'll take your word Ego, but how about a run down??

age??

style arsenal and position??

Really in a chair???

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Blooming Lotus,

Yes, I do carry a taiser in my back pocket.

I feel I've seen more than others would have in 3 life times. You know that sort of understanding gives a bitter sweet perspective in life. Some times, the I wish the burden of it all will go away but whiskey is only a temporary solution. You know, thinking about it, losing my legs is not the worse part, it's the memories and meeting the families of my former enemy combatants to find they too have families, ones they've loved and those they'd lost. That is really haunting.

I've stopped practicing kung fu for as long as I can rember. When I was a kid, my dad taught me how to hunt, the mixture of northern styles was handed down by my grand dad who picked it up in China - Shandong actually when he was working there as a diplomat.

How about you BL? is it true you have a daughter? I think you'll make a wonderful mum.

blooming lotus
09-16-2004, 08:21 PM
yah, it's true.....

If I had a scanner I'd post a pic.....

the kid is a honey and thinks she's a super star.............in fact, I believe her :) :) !!!!!!! she's had no daddy her whole life so she relys on what "mommy" tells her about the world then goes from there..........huge responsibilty ha...... how do you look at such a face and comprimise your morales????????!!!!!!!

she's been accepted into the lil genius school ( and I attribute that mostly to her learning about qi and meta / quantum physics, chan and qi , meets human behaviour study and her own constitution)

I know you feel slack, like you're incapable , but soo soo manmy arts have moves and forms that even if you have feet you don't neccessarily need.

you hunt?? Isn't it the same combat stragety style to ma???- winner/ victor vs submittee ImO???

Youhave GOOD constitution and knowledge, just don't be affraid to use it to accomplish your potential!!!!!!!

they'll eat your dusty. boots ..... now just spend a lil time working your astrengths and bi-passing your short commings...........

I think you just forgot to remember you could...........

If you feel you want to persue MA , nothing stops you but your desire to go above what "they" said you could.

we all have strengths and weaknesses , just don't be affraid to bring your own into fruitition...........

To begin, you already have the pain barrier constitution over the rest, now tune your skill..........

as far as I'm concerned , the trick is in acknowleging your weakness, your method to over come and/or bipass it/ them , followed closely by your desire to overcome it.............

you're already one up on constitution and i have NO doubt, if you applied yourself, you 'd kick whatever butt you decided to!!!!!!!!!!!

Now find the means and train it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you Ego!

;) :) :cool:

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Blooming Lotus,

You sure are fortunate to have one who's so talented and can appreciate the spiritual and logical (such as quantum physics). I'm sorry to hear that she doesn't have a dad, but then again it is quality parenting that counts and I guess this is were you come in.

Definately, I miss the days of hunting, be out in the wild stalking prey, but when I got back from my tours, it reminded too much of what I did there, I hated it and took to drinking tring to dorget.

very soon, my life kind of when down hill. At least in nam, I didn't drink to excess, everything was on a razors edge - you do not for yourself but your actions have consequences to your unit - my responsibility, and yes, my hunting skills did help me to survive. Funny that it might not be war that kills me, but peace - which I so earned to get back to when I was on tour. And what did I do with myself, drink and wasted my life away.

I will once again take my old wheel chair out from storage and give it another shot, build back my upper body strenght - at least it would help me stay focused.

I know life has been hard and many a times, i used this as an excuse, relying on others. The motorized wheel chair that I've got used to using kind of sums up what I've gotten to accept in my own mind.

Blooming Lotus - thank you for the wake up call, lets see if this 60+ year old flower has a second life :)

blooming lotus
09-16-2004, 09:36 PM
I know you do Ego, and push to shove, as far as acoholism, it was an essential means (for lack of other) that pulled you through!!!!
that makes it a good thing no???

now remember.not only what you saw and went through, but the skills that gave you to top todays' world!!

you have some real shyte there Ego......and even todays' best maers can't lay claim to anything as close!!!!!!!!
I know you have had it hard and I appreciate ( as no doubt the trolls cry into their tissues are) your life journey!!

but you are not dead yet so , pick yourself up and lets get busy on some rehab ha!

I know the boys troll, but If I run out of ideas , they cummulatively have

alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of knowledge on health , fitness and whatever you need!!! We are ALL behind you and wish to help you to the greener pasture.......... after all, it was you and your friends that fought for the freedom we all today abuse and disregard!!!!!!!!!!

We're all here Ego, and keep personal details to yourself, current predicament aside, we think we owe you that!!!

cheers nam vet dude :) !! ;) :cool:

Serpent
09-16-2004, 11:38 PM
BWAAAAHAHHAAHAAAHAAHAAAHAAAA!

You guys are killing me here!

:D :D :D

blooming lotus
09-17-2004, 04:18 AM
okay, well I do anyway :rolleyes:

I'll cheer you on for sure, but lets go PM ha ;) :)

getting a lil "bl"d out myself........

cheers

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-17-2004, 05:47 AM
blooming lotus,

We had been thru a war abroad and now we have to face a war at home.

I remembered how happy I was when I became semi-independent in my wheel chair, and then the Anti-Vet stuff kind of eventually wears you down. A person can only fight for so long and then at some point, I stopped fighting back and started believing what they said. That's when the futilitiy of life and all these negativity came into it.

But today, I took out my original wheel chair from storage. I was puffed - just like the first day I used it. But it's a small step forward and you know I'll try to replace the Buds for good ole cranberry juice. Yes, it will be a new start.

I will keep you up to date of the progress on PM. But I hope what we have covered today brings hornor to all those who fought for our freedom and shed hope to those who see no hope. Thanks to you, millions across the plant can benefit from what you have said.

blooming lotus
09-17-2004, 06:01 AM
so what were you doing for mobility prior??:confused:

That's your point??

The only reason I'm continuing this here is because I want to ( for acknowledge of yourself but more for the benifit of others )

I dig what you're saying about loosing hope when all hear and see is "can't this", "can't that" and futile blah blah blah. Unfortunately, so many folks succumb to the same jazz.

I have been, like most people in the world, riding cycles of good life and challenging life ( or overcomming obstacles) then cruising along until the next challenge. To understand that that is a pattern of life helps regardless of your spiritual persuasion. To be good with death and the knowledge that you do your best and the journey will undeniabley come to and end at some point is something everyone practicing good sense should understand.

That I personally found in buddhism, and have never pushed the envelope ****her.

cheers :)

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-17-2004, 06:15 AM
blooming lotus,

That's very gracious of you and as i said earlier, I hope that what we cover will benefit many others not just myself. I have been an instrument for many things which i won't want to talk about, so in a way this is kind of an atonement.

As for mobility, I got too d@mn fat and lazy and opted for a motorized wheel chair, hired a nurse to do this, do that, because I couldn't be bothered doing this or that. you know what i'm talking about.

The problem is I was too comfortable with death, almost wishing for it. For all practical purposes I was spiritually dead. I dig what you say, and accept the good and bad circumstances that come your way, but in the end, we need a thirst for life to see us through.

Hearing that you have gone through so hardship, perhaps you can relate to this.

blooming lotus
09-18-2004, 03:43 AM
To be comfortable with death is to understand and be comfortable with life. Everyone has had times when they have behaved better and worse than at other times, so don't be too hard on yourself. As long as you acknowledge the sh*tty things you do and do your best ( however that plays) not to go back there, you've evolved and atonement is redundant anywhere but externally.

peace dude

Ps: glad to hear you have your old chair out. Now the workout plan??

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-18-2004, 04:03 AM
Blooming Lotus,

I'm going to the local gym and speak to a fitness instructor. I feel before I get back into kung fu, I should build up my cardio. Although the legs have the biggest muscle mass - which I can't use, I think I can get my my upper body strength. It's going to be long process, but I feel it will be worth it in the end.

With some will power and determination, hope to stay away from the beer. I poured away my buds into the sink and gave some guy in the street my bottles of whiskey.

Hope you get your exit visa soon. I read on one of your post that you're stuck in some hotel - hope its not too rough and has a bit of a gym or pool.

Yes, what you said about drinking (water) when you exercise not just when you're thirsty makes lots of sense. People who do adventure racing carry a camel bag - with a straw so they can drink on the go without getting dehydrated first.

Cheers!

blooming lotus
09-18-2004, 04:18 AM
Actually, it was the only bed available in town and it has NOTHING!!!

but enough about me.

I admire your intention regarding your health and for now cutting back on the sudsis probably a good move. If you want to give yourself an extra boost to both your cardio and girth shrinkage, try some twists. There are various ways to this from arms extended to the side, to arms over head in a "ballet " type pose pulse 2 twists each side and breath out making the sound " whoo" "whoo" as you do ( twisting to the point behind your opposite shoulder on the extended version). When you get more comfortable you can draw your ribs in and lengthen down through your abdomin. Maybe if you get a chance try some dips from you chair ( prop up on your hands and lower and raise yourself). And if you want to push the envelopetry it one handed :) :) ( which will also help your balance, but extend an arm over head as you do)

You might also want to try some isometrics. You can get some great butt tone just by a series of pulsing contractions. Shoot for 1000 a day in sets of 100. Sounds alot but if you can rack up even half, you'll be on your way ;)

what are you planning diet wise??

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-18-2004, 10:14 PM
At last tell me if there was any hot water and soap? The communial squating toilets is another story that i hear from travellers to china.

Dietwise, the fries, burgers and fast food will have to go. So would the beer. Lots of vegies, fruits, freshly grilled steak and yoghuart.

I was speaking to a trainer at the gym, but I'm not too fond of the current fad - high protene, low carb diet. We got into a bit of a heated argument but eventually he saw my point of view - you'll get gult and kidney problems in the long run, metabolizing protene - uric acid waste etc..... I'm sure you know all this. So I'm in for a balanced diet.

Yes, I'll definately concentrate on the cardio side of things at my age, rather than pure strength and explosive power that comes with good kung fu. Maybe yoga and pilates would be good - what do you think?

any suggestions on the spiritul side - to calm my mind and stay focued?

blooming lotus
09-18-2004, 10:24 PM
yah, folks get passionate about comprimsing their food. I think if you can make your carbs mainly fruit and veg, without the rice, pasta and flour so often, you're well on the way to being the sexy mofo you were some way back when.

yoga and pilates are definately good components to incorporate!! even a home-style dvd 'll get there ;) :P :)

on the spiritual side, I recommend nothing!!! you know what worked for me, but you might find more solace somewhere else. Dammed If I 'm going to tell you where your soul should rest. As long as you do a lil qigong or something similar daily and are taking some moments to contemplate and get yourself back in focus, I think you are miles ahead of the pack.

cheers dude

good to hear from you

best of luck

B ;) :)

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Do you do Pilates and Yoga? It's actually very very good if you want to learn about bio mechanics. It's different from aerobics or say boxercise type of stuff. The latter you work up a sweat - which is good for the cardio, but I think with pilates and yoga, you learn about balance and efficient body movement. Combining the 2 probably allows you to do other sports with less risk of injury.

blooming lotus
09-18-2004, 10:41 PM
dwai. what you say is true for injury prevention, and yah I do both ( or short versions @ min of each daily ). To say you don't work up a sweat is to not undrstand a 1 1/2 hr hard core max integrity session. I can guarantee you'll get your sweat on in exercise you push the envelope through, pilates / yoga no exception ;)

cheers babe

Ego_Extrodinaire
09-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Yes, you're right actually. I stand corrected re. working up a sweat through pilates and yoga. They do have far less impact injury then say jogging - and still give a good work out.