PDA

View Full Version : tong long chet dung

holymantis
09-13-2004, 11:55 AM
can anyone tell me .
is there a story for tong long chet dung like the pak yuen sets , and do they have the same number of sets like pak yuen in that story .

:D :D holymantis

MantisifuFW
09-15-2004, 02:20 PM
HM,

There are others better qualified to speak to this topic than I but it seems that they arn't posting so here goes:

As far as I know there is not such story accompanying the Tonglong sets. As for the set Tanglang Toe Tao Quan itself, it was said to be the favorit set of Luo Guangyu.

There are many Tanglang Sets, the number varies with branches, but they do not seem to be connected by a story like the Bai Yuan sets.

Hope it helps and if anyone knows more about this...help me out.

Steve Cottrell

GermanMantis
09-16-2004, 04:47 AM
Hi Steve,

did i miss soemthing. What was the story about the Bai Yuen sets?

Greetings
Chris

holymantis
09-16-2004, 01:40 PM
:D :D
basic story germanmantis,
pak yuen chet dung = then = pak yuen dung tei = then =pak yuen kuen yin kuen = then = pak yuen tou toe .

i think that is right if not let me know out their .

holymantis

MantisifuFW
09-16-2004, 01:48 PM
GM,

The Bai Yuan sets are, according to my research, named after the story of a young boy named Bai Yuan. (Some hold that it has to do with Bai Yuan Tong Bei but this does not seem to be the case). He and his mother live in a cave. He exits the cave, steals a peach, (not the story of the monkey king as others hold), pays filial piety to his mother and other things. The sets are expresions of Qixing Tanglang.

No such series of sets linked by stories exist for Tanglang sets though there are many Tanglang named sets.

Hope it helps,

Steve Cottrell