PDA

View Full Version : Kungfu Cowboy! I need your help!!!

IronFist
07-23-2001, 09:00 AM
Does this dummy suck? I can't quite tell if it falls completely into the "suck" category or not.

This one! (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1170234097)

Look at all the pics of it.

I think we can agree that it's better than any other on ebay we've seen so far :)

Iron

kungfu cowboy
07-23-2001, 09:53 AM
Hi Ironfist! Well, I am a novice when it comes to the dummy, but I have learned a couple things. And while this dummy just barely makes it out of the "suck" category, when contrasted with the ideal dummy, it pales in comparison. ;)

Here's a couple things I don't like:

1) didn't say what kind of wood
2) arms are of the same diameter for the whole length
3) arms look tight in their holes
4) ouch! painful corners on chintzy looking leg
5) while it appears to be a "live dummy", actually the supports are tightly screwed to the main frame, and where they pass thru the body, the fit is very snug; no action.
6) it looks like a tootsie roll

However, with stand, depending on wood and weight, not bad for that price. :)

kungfu cowboy
07-23-2001, 09:58 AM
Oh, and I really don't like those weird nipples on the arms. :(

kungfu cowboy
07-23-2001, 10:03 AM
No, wait. I really DO like those weird nipples on the arms! :)

kungfu cowboy
07-23-2001, 10:38 AM
Oops! I just had another look and saw that "buy now for $550" thing. That's too much for that dummy. Even with the stand. :p

IronFist
07-23-2001, 10:16 PM
1) didn't say what kind of wood
2) arms are of the same diameter for the whole length
3) arms look tight in their holes
4) ouch! painful corners on chintzy looking leg
5) while it appears to be a "live dummy", actually the supports are tightly screwed to the main frame, and where they pass thru the body, the fit is very snug; no action.
6) it looks like a tootsie roll

Those were my thoughts. It's better than the $50 dummy that one guy was selling, and hell, since the body on this one is a true cylindar, we seem to be making progress :)

Did you notice he said it was hollow? I wonder if it's a PVC body? Sounds like a lot of effort to hollow out a log.

Iron

kungfu cowboy
07-23-2001, 11:12 PM
Its HOLLOW?!?! :confused: Yep. This dummy sucks! :D