PDA

View Full Version : Buk Sing CLF

TenTigers
09-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know of any books, videos, etc on Buk Sing CLF? Which forms do they practice? etc are any of them the same or similar to Hung Sing CLF such as Ping Kuen, or Sup Ji Kau Da?

Fu-Pow
09-15-2004, 09:46 AM
The only forms I know for sure that they have are

Ping Kuen and Kau Dah Kuen.

They are really into Chaap Cheuis and also probably have some Generic Northern Shaolin sets mixed in there.

CLFNole
09-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Buk Sing and Hung Sing (Jeong Yim) are virtually one in the same. Buk Sing has more emphasis on the chop choy but afterall Tam Sam was a student of Lui Chan, who in turn was a student of Jeong Yim.

Tam Sam did not learn too many of Lui Chan's sets, which is why Buk Sing has fewer forms. He was more into the fighting aspect of things and also learned dummy techniques as well.

Personally I don't think forms were very popular back in that era and principals and techniques were most important. So the lack of forms means nothing.

People today think if you have over 100 sets than you must be better than someone with 10. We all know this is wrong, but to each his own.

As far as books go I believe Chan Kin Man has a book on Kow Dah Kuen. Not sure if its the same one as buk sing but would guess its similar.

Peace.