PDA

View Full Version : Beer problem

HanRen
09-16-2004, 01:31 AM
hey how come TsingTao beer(I think it is one of the best beer) in USA dont sell it in cag (can) but only in glass bottle? This question always troubles me, sorry about not relate to Kung Fu, but I have to know the truth, the evil truth.:D

Toby
09-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Dunno. Why would you want to drink from a can anyway? Bottles taste heaps better.

mickey
09-16-2004, 03:54 AM
TsingTao?

You were hyped up on TsingTao?

Is this why Jim Kelly couldn't kick your butt?

mickey

Shaolinlueb
09-16-2004, 07:26 AM
i told some chinese waitress that tsing tao sucks and asahi is way better, she threatened to kill me. but then i worked my mack and i think she wanted me :o ;) :D

SanSoo Student
09-16-2004, 08:07 AM
You should've offered to take her back to your place for a couple Asahis ;)

yenhoi
09-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Cans dont break or make noise when you stash them in your pockets or a backpack or something of the sort..

;)

red5angel
09-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I've had Tsingtao in the can I think. Either way it sucks azz. It taste like alot of american beers, which also suck azz.

Shaolinlueb
09-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by SanSoo Student
You should've offered to take her back to your place for a couple Asahis ;)

it was me and 5 other students there but i still hit on her. anyways there were 3 other students staying in the room, i dont think it would have gflew :( i would have gone back to her place :o :D

red5angel
09-16-2004, 09:26 AM
suck it up shaolinleub. If you'd have nailed her with those other students in the room you'd have totally been tha MAN!!!!!

Icewater
09-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Dunno. Why would you want to drink from a can anyway? Bottles taste heaps better.

Actually... beer in a can is much better than bottles. Because bottles are not opaque they allow light to react with the hops that were not filtered from the brew. The light breaks down paticles from the hops called isohumulones or 'isomerized alpha-acids' into free radicals. The byproduct of this chemical reaction leaves behind methyl (like methane), butene (same as natural gas), and thiol (a compound similar in composition to the thiol found in skunk spray). Needless to say, this makes the beer taste 'skunky'. That's why most beer bottles are brown and a lot of breweries put their 12-packs into carboard boxes before they go to sit under those bright lights in a 7-11 display case.

Hmm... probably more than you wanted to know, but can you really know too much about beer? :D

red5angel
09-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I've heard that excuse before, and strangely, it's never changed my mind that beer out of a bottle tastes better.

Icewater
09-16-2004, 10:55 AM
True. I should not say it tastes better in cans, only that it has less chemical reaction. Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder. Some people actually prefer a little light breakdown flavor. Drink on my friend...

red5angel
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
that and only real classy beers come in bottles, or I should say only real trashy beers come in cans :D

Chang Style Novice
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm sure I can taste the aluminum of canned beer. Maybe that's only drinking it right out of the can, though, with actual mouth to aluminum contact.

Meat Shake
09-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Mmmm... skunky....

Heineken and dank... aahhhh..... *drool*

Beer in cans makes it taste like aluminum. Beer from can dumped into cold mug is good however.
:)

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Icewater
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

*wipes eye*

that was beautiful man. welcome to the forum.

CaptinPickAxe
09-16-2004, 06:46 PM
I agree that most American beer tastes like **** water.
But then again you sissy northerners have never had a true Texan Bock beer. Shiner Bock! Zeigen Bock! They will get you drunker than my depressed uncle on Christmas, and they taste like a virgin.
:D

Vash
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
*pours Orange Gatorade into cup*

I'm sorry, what?

:p

SanSoo Student
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
I would rather take vodka on the rocks, or a nice glass of single-malt whisky.

David Jamieson
09-16-2004, 08:01 PM
You americans should stick to your bourbons and corn mash whiskeys because lets face it, you don't know a single dang thing about beer but your bourbon is good.

Just leave it alone and drink the imported stuff. :D

I always laugh at american "light beer" commericials. For gawds sake, it's ALL light beer! lol

IronFist
09-16-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by HanRen
hey how come TsingTao beer(I think it is one of the best beer) in USA dont sell it in cag (can) but only in glass bottle? This question always troubles me, sorry about not relate to Kung Fu, but I have to know the truth, the evil truth.:D

That totally relates to kung fu. What are you talking about?! :D

Originally posted by yenhoi
Cans dont break or make noise when you stash them in your pockets or a backpack or something of the sort..

True.

Originally posted by Icewater
Actually... beer in a can is much better than bottles. Because bottles are not opaque they allow light to react with the hops that were not filtered from the brew. The light breaks down paticles from the hops called isohumulones or 'isomerized alpha-acids' into free radicals. The byproduct of this chemical reaction leaves behind methyl (like methane), butene (same as natural gas), and thiol (a compound similar in composition to the thiol found in skunk spray). Needless to say, this makes the beer taste 'skunky'. That's why most beer bottles are brown and a lot of breweries put their 12-packs into carboard boxes before they go to sit under those bright lights in a 7-11 display case.

Ok, Icewater pretty much just 0wned everybody with science. Well done.

So by that logic would something like Corona be the worst off because its bottle is completely clear?

And as for aluminum cans messing with the taste, I'm pretty sure they're lined with something to prevent the aluminum from interacting with the drink.

Toby
09-16-2004, 10:26 PM
I guess that's why in Oz all beer bottles are either dark brown or dark green and are packaged in cardboard. Except that crappy Corona stuff :D. Then again, beer on tap tastes pretty **** good and just think of the crap in the pipes from the kegs. I agree that canned beer always tastes of aluminium. Given a choice I'd never choose a can over a bottle.

Lol @ the bottles in backpacks comment. Once I was skiing in Austria where everyone drinks and the liftie at the bottom asked me to fetch him some more beer from the liftie at another lift and bring it to him. I went and loaded up my pack and went to the top of the other lift and skied down a steep black bump run, not even thinking of the two bottles' integrity. I got to the bottom and was lucky that one survived. My poor pack never recovered - full of glass shards and 500ml of beer.

CaptinPickAxe
09-16-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm tellin' you Shiner and Zeigen Bock is too tough and dark for the untempered stomach. If you haven't had either one then your seriously left in the dark...I know they ship...I'll try and find a link.

Icewater
09-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
*wipes eye*

that was beautiful man. welcome to the forum.

Thanks.

As for the aluminum taste debate, most cans are lined with Tin to keep out the aluminum taste.

Shaolinlueb
09-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
suck it up shaolinleub. If you'd have nailed her with those other students in the room you'd have totally been tha MAN!!!!!

yeah i would have, but i dont think i could have looked them in the eye afterwards for a loooong time.

red5angel
09-17-2004, 02:01 PM
But then again you sissy northerners have never had a true Texan Bock beer. Shiner Bock! Zeigen Bock! They will get you drunker than my depressed uncle on Christmas, and they taste like a virgin.

first of all sparky - I'm a southerner. I lived in the smarter half of Texas - Louisiana.
Second of all, they don't make good beer in Texas, We could start with Lone Star and work our way down if you like :D
Third - the only good beers to come out of America are usually from the East coast, or The Midwest. I assume it's because they have less cow sheeit to foul up the works! :D

yeah i would have, but i dont think i could have looked them in the eye afterwards for a loooong time.

Are you kidding! You'd be the lion on your own private savanah. You nailed that hot chick in fornt of you rfreinds you can strut around, chin held high and look them SQUARE in the eyes and say "That's right, I did that hot chick, you saw me!!!"

As for the aluminum taste debate, most cans are lined with Tin to keep out the aluminum taste.

Thats right CSN, didn't you realize that that crappy metallic taste in beer you drink from cans is tin and not aluminum! ;)

CaptinPickAxe
09-17-2004, 02:09 PM
hey don't make good beer in Texas, We could start with Lone Star and work our way down if you like

Did you drink your stupid juice today? Just because of the **** water Lone Star is made in Texas doesn't mean all Texas beer is bad. I've given two very good example of great Texas nectar...Shiner (a podunk town in Texas) and Zeigen...Those two alone discount any bad beer that may have been born in Texas.

red5angel
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Actually, I've had Zeigen Bok, and it was definitely an american beer ;) even with the German name.

Chang Style Novice
09-17-2004, 02:30 PM
http://www.realalebrewing.com/

What you gotta know about the best beer in Texas, and therefore the world. My favorite is the Full Moon Pale Rye Ale. $2.25 a pint on fridays at the Draught Haus on Medical Parkway, so you know where I'm going!