PDA

View Full Version : just had a flood

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-19-2004, 08:08 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040919/ap_on_re_us/ivan_remnants

thats us!

for us it was pretty cool. walk out the back door .... river. walk out the front door river. we were a little island. all and all we didnt really loose anything and cleanup wasnt too bad as we had time to prepare. lots of bleaching and rincing tomorrow, but theres people all around me that lost their homes. it was cool to see, but i feel really bad for some of my friends right now.

Serpent
09-19-2004, 09:44 PM
This is you? Dude, you've aged, Suzi got ugly and Satan shrank!

Toby
09-19-2004, 10:32 PM
I saw the thread title and almost burst out laughing. You're gunna do well in the afterlife* GDA - God owes you a few.

*If you believe that sort of thing.

Serpent
09-19-2004, 11:01 PM
I think GDA is actually the spawn of Satan (the deity, not the dog) and god is just trying to get him. Sunnuvabytch is just too dayum tough to die though.

blooming lotus
09-20-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Toby
I saw the thread title and almost burst out laughing. You're gunna do well in the afterlife* GDA - God owes you a few.

*If you believe that sort of thing.

lol! I resisted last time, but I couldn't agree more. Maybe the world's just been trying to tell you it was time to up your constitution :D ;)

FatherDog
09-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Some flooding up here, too - the Delaware river rose about 25.5 feet, which is a bit over the flood-point of 20 feet. Most of downtown Lambertville is awash. Fortunately, I live on a hill - haha, suckers!

Serpent
09-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Now would be exactly the right time for Fatherdog to get hit by lightning. ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-21-2004, 10:57 PM
my lungs hurt from bleach.

and so do leejunfan's. he's banned but he's one of the best dudes you could hope to have as your friend. he helpled me clean out everything over the past 3 or billion days.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-21-2004, 10:59 PM
mud.``

Serpent
09-21-2004, 11:03 PM
wha...?

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-22-2004, 10:35 AM
our most recent troll that didnt last too long .... leejunfan. he's my buddy and i was just givin him props for how much he helped me. i just thought it was funny because we rarely consider the person behind the troll. you normally wouldnt think that a guy who's intentionally ****ing people off on an internet forum would be the same guy to put in more than 15 hours of work in my basement for nothing more than beer and food. not just any work either ..... hosing sludge and and cleaning with enough bleech to cause permanent damage to the lungs and eyeballs.

FatherDog
09-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Now would be exactly the right time for Fatherdog to get hit by lightning. ;)

Which makes this exactly the right time for me to mention my "lightning rod".

red5angel
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
GDA, where do you live? I thought you were in Texas for some reason....

Serpent
09-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
our most recent troll that didnt last too long .... leejunfan. he's my buddy and i was just givin him props for how much he helped me. i just thought it was funny because we rarely consider the person behind the troll. you normally wouldnt think that a guy who's intentionally ****ing people off on an internet forum would be the same guy to put in more than 15 hours of work in my basement for nothing more than beer and food. not just any work either ..... hosing sludge and and cleaning with enough bleech to cause permanent damage to the lungs and eyeballs.
Sweet. Even trolls can be people. ;)

IronFist
09-22-2004, 07:52 PM
So the water that's flooding is dirty?

GDA I thought you lived in Michigan or Wisconsin or something.

MasterKiller
09-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
GDA, where do you live? I thought you were in Texas for some reason....

Hurricane Remnants Spawn Floods in North

By LAWRENCE MESSINA, Associated Press Writer

WHEELING, W.Va. - Hundreds of people evacuated their homes Sunday in parts of Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania as rivers and small streams were swollen beyond their banks by the torrential rain dumped by remnants of Hurricane Ivan.

red5angel
09-23-2004, 09:29 AM
yes MK, how very astute of you. I read the article but have always been under the impression GDA lived in Texas, so I thought I would clarify.

MasterKiller
09-23-2004, 09:54 AM
thats us!
What is it you're fond of saying? R-E-A-D-I-N-G F-O-R C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-S-I-O-N...

red5angel
09-23-2004, 11:04 AM
the art of conversation...........

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-25-2004, 01:20 AM
if....
So the water that's flooding is dirty?

dude you dont even know ... i live on an island on the ohio river (in wheeling) and you see water coming up through the sewers and completely covering the streets many many hours before the river itself actually rises that high. same thing in your basement ... the sewers just cant take any more and it comes up through the drains. so not only does the river get ya (eventually) so does everything you flushed down the toilet over the past couple days. i mean you don't see actual turds floating around, but they're mixed in there like some kind of dirty sanches coffee drink.

like i said though ... we cant complain where we were. sure clean up was a *****, but it was 100 times worse just blocks away. people litterally lost everything they owned. some people who don't live on the island got hit by the same flood and are even worse off without flood insurance to cover their property, furnace, and hot water tank. most areas are pretty cleaned up now, but you'd be suprised at the amount of mud still left behind after a week.

the river violated us and made us sleep in the wet spot.

IronFist
09-25-2004, 10:45 AM
but they're mixed in there like some kind of dirty sanches coffee drink.

Haha.

the river violated us and made us sleep in the wet spot.

Ewww.