PDA

View Full Version : Movies

YongChun
09-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Someone just lent me a movie called Star Runner starring Vanness Wu and Kim Hyun Joo. It has mostly Thai boxing , some Wing Chun, a bit of Hung style and a bit of grappling in it. The Thai boxer is the best but the Chinese Kung Fu guy gives him a run for his money anyway with some Wing Chun. Some wooden dummy sequences and the usual love story and a big ring fight at the end. See: http://www.star-runner.com/ The music is good and the Thai stuff looks OK.

Ray

dfl
09-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Do you consider what he did as WC?
What do you think of Ti Lung's wooden dummy moves?

YongChun
09-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by dfl
Do you consider what he did as WC?
What do you think of Ti Lung's wooden dummy moves?

It's movie Wing Chun which is much different than Kenneth Chung's Wing Chun. I think Ken's Wing Chun wouldn't look good in movies. Even Bruce Lee had to add a lot of big movement stuff and do the more tense variety of stuff. Ken's dummy is better too. The Thai stuff looked OK though and he was by far the better fighter.

Ray

David Peterson
09-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Young Wing Chun maestro Phillip Ng (WSL lineage - ex Chicago, now based in HK) had a lot to do with this project, including much of the fight choreography, hence the WC content in some action sequences.
DMP

Phil Redmond
01-22-2005, 09:57 PM
In the movie "Snake in the Monkey's Shadow" there was scene of a fight between a monkey and a snake. I ordered the movie online and that scene was edited out. Does anyone know where I can get an older unedited copy?
PR