PDA

View Full Version : When do the boxing reality shows come on?

IronFist
09-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Ok, I think there's 2: one on FOX and one on NBC, right? When do they come on? I totally want to watch them but I missed them last week. I think one is on Tuesday. Does anyone have the schedules for them?

If it helps, I think one is called "The Contender" or something and the other one is called "The Next Great Champ" or something like that.

Thanks.

Chang Style Novice
09-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Those aren't reality boxing shows.

Reality boxing is on espn on Fridays and Sundays, I think.

Sometimes HBO for championship bouts.

MasterKiller
09-20-2004, 09:37 AM
http://www.fox.com/nextgreatchamp/

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Contender/

IronFist
09-20-2004, 10:19 AM
omg I had the names right! w00t! :D

yenhoi
09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
There was about 3 or 4 minutes of boxing highlights in the hour long epsode of The Next Great Champ that I watched last week or the week before.

Weak.

:eek:

IronFist
09-20-2004, 07:02 PM
When does it come on? I didn't see any times listed on the website.

I just want to see how they train.

CaptinPickAxe
09-20-2004, 07:46 PM
I haven't seen the training but I saw a fight on "The Next Great Champ" and I was apalled...I doubt they will be 'the next great champ'

yenhoi
09-21-2004, 05:56 PM
They didnt show any training.

Maybe about 30 seconds or a minute or so. Some focus mitts, shadowboxing, heavy bag, speed bag, situps, jump ropes.

The entire hour was drama and more drama and then some extra reality show bs thrown on top for good measure.

I dnt know about the second one or what time I saw the first. It was after 8pm pacific.

:D

Goldenmane
09-22-2004, 02:41 AM
There's a young boxer from West Aus apparently in The Contender. His name's Daniel Dawson. He's a pretty good boxer, and seems like a reall nice bloke too. So I'm kinda tempted to actually watch a reality TV show for the first time.

Probably won't though.

CaptinPickAxe
09-22-2004, 04:17 AM
I saw it again last night...It seems to be consistant with its suckiness. It was like watching two broads in a slap box fight.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-22-2004, 11:08 AM
the only reality show i have ever watched is the sureal life. there was no way i could resist tammy fae baker and ron jeremy in the same house.

i was thinking about watching this one, but i dont think ill bother now. suzi probably watches it though .... she watches all that reality bull**** because she's mildly retarded or something.

IronFist
09-22-2004, 07:49 PM
How come last night the one guy was fighting to stay in the runnings, but the other guy was fighting for $25,000? That's not fair.