PDA

View Full Version : New Mortal Kombat game

Yung Apprentice
11-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Has anyone played this game? It's pretty cool, because each player has three different fighting styles. One of them is a weapon, and usually the other two styles are one defensive, and one offensive.

They have all kinds of styles, about 60 all together, such as; Snake, Crane, LongFist, Xing Yi, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, Akido, Hung Gar, Baji Quan,Pi Gua Hapkido, San Shou, Kali, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Jeet Kune Do and more. I thought this game was very fun, and it's cool to see the different styles against each other, I reccomend playing this game.

@PLUGO
11-25-2002, 05:10 PM
What platforms?

PS2?, Gamecube?, Xbox?, PC?

Yung Apprentice
11-25-2002, 07:48 PM
X-Box, Ps2, and gamecube. They say that you can start a combo in one style, and finish it in another, but I haven't been able to do it yet.

jbmmaster
11-29-2002, 05:33 AM
Ive just played that game, any mortal combat fan would like it, i even had the first one that came out and played it all the time but this new one isn't as impressive as dead or alive 3 for xbox. MC deadly alliance doesn't show the fighting styles quite like dOA 3 does.

my2cents

Yung Apprentice
11-30-2002, 01:47 PM
I have yet to play DoA3, isn't the fourth one comin out soon?I like MK DA alot.

respectmankind
12-03-2002, 03:17 AM
great game except for the gay fatalities

Yung Apprentice
12-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Yeah, some were lame, but they had some good ones too. To bad each player only gets one though.

racerX
03-09-2004, 07:43 AM
hello everyone,
my son's friend brought over his ps2,anyhow we started playing mortal kombat 5 and one of the player's kung lao does mantis i belive 7*. Just wondering if anyone else has played this game? Kung lao is loaded with mantis moves it feels great to explore these moves on opponents.lots of blood.Some of the moves are lotus petals, heart piercing kick,double mantis strike and seven star hit. I usally don't have time for games but i can't stop playing, this game is addicting. Just wondering if anyone has played this game and what did you think of it?

BlueTravesty
03-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Interesting... I planned on checking it out sometime, because it's gotten great reviews, but I hated every MK after 2. I'll defnitely have to rent it tomorrow though :)

Virtua Fighter has a mantis guy too, (Leon Rafale.) Used to be my favorite character to beat on people with, with his fast sweeping attacks, but a couple friends found holes in my tactic with him, so I usually use Lau Chan or Lei Fei.

Kristoffer
03-14-2004, 07:14 AM
MK sucks serious balls. you should pick up a true martial art game like SHENMUE

Vash
03-14-2004, 08:25 AM
MK: Deadly Alliance owns all over . . . one of the other MK games. Gotta say, though, Tekken holds it's own.

Wanna get an XBox so's I can play Shenmue.

norther practitioner
03-15-2004, 12:29 PM
On one of the recent mortal kombats... the participants would do forms after the end of a sequence.. one of them did the 24 taiji form.. that was cool.

Enforcer-
09-20-2004, 11:44 PM
A new mortal kombat game for xbox and ps2 is coming out the fourth with online play. Any o you gonna get it?

http://mkdeception.midway.com/deception.php

I wonder if theyll add any new styles.

Shaolinlueb
09-21-2004, 10:48 AM
yeah it looks pretty hot. i liked the last one a lot.

pest
09-23-2004, 02:23 PM
For sure, I liked MKDA but it lacked alot of stuff like stage kills. With the new Konquest mode you will be able to see the history right from day one of the world and characters (If I rember correctly) Im totally anticipating the release :D

~Pest

mossman
10-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Anyone played it?

xingyiman
10-22-2004, 11:02 AM
I rented it. The fighting modes pretty much play like the last game (Deadly Alliance). The puzzle mode is fun. The training mode got combined into a roleplaying mode - this is where you onlock the secret characters. You can now also do combo breakers in this game. Good story-always enjoyed the MK storylines. This one centers around the Dragon King featured in the last game. Characters can now do hara-kiri (suicide) moves when defeated.

mossman
10-23-2004, 05:34 PM
How did Kira's XingYi look?

I'm a Wing Chun guy, but I didnt think the WC guy was a very good representation. :(

xingyiman
10-25-2004, 06:58 PM
I never got as far as unlocking her. I'm thinking it might be the same as Kano's in the last game.

GeneChing
01-05-2015, 09:09 AM
...cuz I'm OCD that way. :o

Let's try to keep film discussion to the other Mortal Kombat (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?57448-Mortal-Kombat) thread and game stuff here.

Kung Lao Confirmed For ‘Mortal Kombat X’ (http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/577952/20150105/mortal-kombat-x-kung-lao-quang-chi.htm#.VKq1qXsbO_s)
By Nicolo Parungo | January 5, 2015 1:52 PM EST

Few fighting games can say they've left a legacy as strong and as memorable like "Mortal Kombat" has. Except for maybe Capcom's "Street Fighter" series, there are few games in the genre with characters who are almost as memorable as their finishers or as the series calls them "fatalities." So when "Mortal Kombat X" was announced, few people could hold their excitement as it was listed in IGN's most anticipated games of 2015. With the demo showcasing fan favourites such as Sub-Zero and Scorpion, fans were wondering who would be the next classic Kombatant coming to the next-gen iteration.

Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft's Xbox division and Microsoft Studios, speaks during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014.

The wait is over as Kung Lao has been confirmed for "Mortal Kombat X" after images from Finnish magazine Pelaaja were leaked with both IGN and Hardcore Gamer covering said leaks. The legendary steel hat wearing monk has always been highly regarded by fans thanks to his awesome hat related fatalities and cool character design. He also appeared alongside Liu Kang in the adventure game "Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks" back in 2005. From the looks of the leaked images it appears that Kung Lao has aged a great deal, which is understandable. It's been stated that "Mortal Kombat X" will be set 25 years after the last installment of the series and many of the previous fighters will become aged veterans.

Also returning are series favourites such as Scorpion - who was last seen in NetherRealm's I"njustice: Gods Among Us" as a downloadable character, sporting a new costume by legendary DC Comics artist Jim Lee - Sub Zero and tattooed villain Quang Chi. NetherRealms spotlighted Quang Chi in a video that revealed the character's three varied fighting styles that should give him an edge over the other fighters.

"Mortal Kombat X" is the tenth iteration of the series and is the first game to hit next-gen consoles such as the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, it will also be available for PC. The game is also set to be ported by a different developer to last-gen consoles; the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Much like NetherRealm's previous game "Injustice: Gods Among us" the environments can be used as weapons and is set to have a big online life. The game will be released on April 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY8AJgworZc
Mortal Kombat X: All Leaked Images of Kung Lao and New Stage (Credits: Youtube/unCAGEDgamez)

Contact writer: parungonicolo@gmail.com
To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.com

GeneChing
10-05-2022, 08:14 AM
Mortal Kombat Creator Ed Boon Wants To Return To Shaolin Monks (https://www.thegamer.com/mortal-kombat-ed-boon-shaolin-monks-return/)
BY JOSH COULSON
PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO
Boon remains helpful NetherRealm will revisit the iconic spinoff some day.

https://static1.thegamerimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Shaolin-Monks.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=1140&h=570&dpr=1.5
Mortal Kombat turns 30 this weekend, and its creator Ed Boon has prepared for the occasion by fielding questions from fans of the long-running series. Well, actually, Boon welcomed questions about anything. The Mortal Kombat questions rendered some of the most interesting answers though, including the reveal that Boon wants to revisit the Shaolin Monks spin-off.

When asked if there will ever be a Shaolin Monks 2, Boon replied “god I hope so”. It wasn't the only question he was asked about the spin-off either. Another Mortal Kombat fan asked where the Shaolin Monks remaster or sequel is right now, to which Boon replied “in the NRS vault”. Further confirming that once upon a time, NetherRealm was almost definitely working on reviving the game, whether it be via a better-looking version or a completely new installment.

Boon teasing and talking about a new Shaolin Monks game goes all the way back to 2013. The Mortal Kombat creator teased an HD remake of the game in October of that year, admitting a year later that the idea had been discussed. Those teasers never came to fruition, and plans for a sequel years before that, which would have reportedly been focused on Scorpion and Sub-Zero, never really got off the ground.

Boon has also admitted Shaolin Monks is the best Mortal Kombat spin-off in his opinion, so it makes sense that he would be keen to introduce the game to a new generation of fans. What's interesting is Boon's answer to requests for various other remakes and remasters. During his most recent Q&A, he appears to think 20 years is enough time to have passed for a remaster to be worth NetherRealm's time, whereas he doesn't think it would be worth remastering Mortal Kombat 9 since it is only 11 years old.

There's hope among some MK fans that NetherRealm will make a big announcement this weekend to celebrate the series turning 30. Boon has already attempted to temper expectations by making it clear the studio's next game will not be revealed as part of the celebrations.

30 years...