PDA

View Full Version : Searching

Pavel Mantis
09-22-2004, 02:11 AM
Hi there, is sombady, who practising Praying Mantis and who live in the Boston UK?
I practising alone hire and I`m new in Boston now.
I want meet more people from mantis family.

Pavel

FEELERSTRIKE
09-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Hello Pavel Mantis ,
Did you say you were from Boston in England ? Just up from Spalding ? If so we are in the midlands . What style of tanglang do you practice ?

holymantis
09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
:D :D
hello pavel mantis,
like feelerstrike ,what tong long do you do ??and for how long???
we are based in yorkshire , halifax.

holymantis

Pavel Mantis
09-25-2004, 04:57 AM
Hi there

Now I working in Boston, I`m from the Czech Rep.
I practising Seven Star and I know Bung Bo from Tai Mantis. In mantis I`m beginer, but I have some experience with Wing Chun, Hung gar ... I practise few years. Now, I wont go to Mantis school in Leicester.

By for now.

Pavel Mantis

German Bai Lung
09-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Leicester? So you go to Sifu Derek Frearson?

Well, if then say hello to him and send him regards from germany!

FEELERSTRIKE
09-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Hello Pavel Mantis ,
You have the choice of three different lineages of 7 star mantis in the U.K. but you will have to travel some to reach each school .
You have the choice of a Mainland China lineage , a Hong Kong Lineage or a Malaysian lineage .
There is a seminar coming up in our school in December if you are interested ? ;)

humble-one
09-25-2004, 07:04 AM
We train near Doncaster which is about an hour away from boston i think.

Pavel Mantis
09-27-2004, 05:08 AM
Thank you all

It`s a new information, that in UK is three lineage. I`m glad for every information.
Whtat`s difrent among these three lineage?
The seminars is very interesant for me, write me please more information.
Is in UK more web saids about mantis. I know only few and more is southern mantis.
I may not go every day to internet and my time in net is limited.
When is sombady from you from Boston, we may meet and speak and practiise.

Now I haven`t English phone number, but about 2-3 weeks I will have got it.

I know Bung Bo from Seven Star and from Tai Mantis and it is very different.

Know sombady here, whay is different Seven Star Mantis from the USA and I think, every western lands and China?

Pavel Mantis

FEELERSTRIKE
09-27-2004, 05:24 AM
Hello Pavel Mantis ,
You are asking the same questions I have been . Why does 7 star mantis vary from country to country ? All I can say is that you have found the best forum to ask that question . It may be an idea for you to start a new thread on that subject . If you are interested on the seminar our school is running in December l can let you have the details . It is well worth coming along if you do you will end up meeting Holymantis and his guys aswell . That is two of the lineages in the U.K. covered in one sitting if you want to compare . What lineage of 7 star did you learn ? Mainland China or Hong Kong ? :cool:

FEELERSTRIKE
09-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Pavel Mantis ,
I have spoken to my Sifu and you would be most welcome to come to our seminar on 7 Star Mantis in December . If you PM me I can give you his email address and he will let you know about it .

Pavel Mantis
10-02-2004, 05:50 AM
Hello, guys

Thank you for information.
Because I haven`t Sifu or teacher, it not important, which style I practising. I practise Bung Bo, Black tiger cross and Mantis out of his cave from Lee Kam Wing, Bung Bo Tai mantis from Chinese CD and other form, I don`t know, which style, but very nice and difrent. But this last form I forget. I know only few techniques from this form. What I know, look like Liu He Mantis.

I`m sorry, but my English is not god. I don`t understand all from you.

I`ll glad, when I want practise Chinese lineage. Hong Kong lineage is special. I was look some video with mantis forms and Hong Kong lineage is very diferent. I was hear, that in Hong Kong and USA lineage is more changes, because on this lineage has got big influence other southern styles, which was teaching in the USA....
In Hong Kong is teaching more aplication in China mainly forms {I wos hear this}.

What`s your lineage?
What`s problem with Holy mantis? I know only one person, who practising mantis in UK - Si fu Derek Frearson and only from photos.
Who is your master and his lineage?
Haw long you practising?
PLovec@seznam.cz this is my email. I`ll glad for more information.

See you for now
Pavel Mantis

FEELERSTRIKE
10-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Hello Pavel Mantis ,
I train under Sifu Paul Drummond who was the last closed door student of the late Grandmaster Mo Lam who was the first Grandmaster to bring 7 star Mantis boxing to the U.K. Ours is the oldest lineage in the U.K. to teach mantis boxing since the student of Grandmaster Mo Lam came to live here in the mid 1960s . Grandmaster Mo Lam was from Shandong provence in China and learnt the system from his adopted uncle , Chi Zhu Hun who was a student of the great mantis master Fan Xu Dong .
We train in the 7 Star mantis style as passed down from the late Grandmaster Mo Lam .
Sifu Paul teaches all aspects of mantis boxing including fist forms and breakdown , full traditional weaponry , theories , sparring , conditioning drills , chin na etc . at his school in Oxfordshire . He runs about four seminars ayear which are open to anyone interested in mantis boxing . I will email you his email address and you can contact him directly if you have anymore questions . Holymantis has many years experience in 7 star mantis and is a good friend and will be at the seminar in December along with his guys . My sifu Paul has taught all over the world and has done seminars in the Czech Republic and is very familiar with your country .