PDA

View Full Version : 18 elders

sayloc
09-22-2004, 04:33 AM
Is the solo version of this form done exacty the same as the two person set? Can you do both sides as one or is there only one side that cn be performed as one set.

Thanks for any info

18elders
09-22-2004, 05:10 AM
yes, the 2 person is the same as the solo set. you could also do the ling side as a solo set if you wanted also.

sayloc
09-22-2004, 05:16 AM
I picked this form up from a friend as a two person set. Could you tell me which side is the normal solo side?

You must like this form.

Thanks

18elders
09-22-2004, 06:36 AM
the attacker is the ling side, the defender is the form side

sayloc
09-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Thanks 18

Have a good day

yu shan
09-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Sayloc

I`m curious, how were you taught this form? You did learn the solo form first right? What do you think of this form?

I think 18 Elders just liked the name, cause he is old:D

sayloc
09-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Yushan

I did not learn this form in the proper order.

I had the opportunity to pick it up in a day when the friend was visiting and I never turn down the opportunity to learn something. I know it was impossible to get the detail like that and would not teach it since I have very little understanding of it. I can pull some good two person drills out of it though.

I just like to learn as much about a form as I can even if it is just the sequence and some history here or there. Then I may run accross someone like you or 18 elders and be able to get the details right away without having to worry about the sequence. It has worked for me in the past. I only do this with certain forms of course if the opportunity arises.

You always have to be ready whether it is a fight or picking up some detail!

Have a good day