PDA

View Full Version : I think you are _ALL_ correct.

BeiTangLang
09-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I will no longer be deleting nor moving posts from this forum unless you all cast a vote against it in its own (the thread that you was something done with) thread.

Please do not pm me, post it right there on the thread you don't like. I do not want to be accused of favoritism, or "ballot stuffing". Let the public vote-count rule.

Majority rules here. It will be fun to watch.

If you look at all the other forums on this board, this the tightest run ship.
No Longer.

Post something about what your dog did last night?? Unless I see something from the membership (by the means of their opinion posted on that thread) saying the thread should be closed, it will remain open & in this forum.

You wanted an "open" board,
You just got it.

~BTL

Hungfutkune
09-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Thanks for listening BTL,

Not to be a nitpicker or anything, but shouldn't this post be under the "whose mantis forum"

Hope your not angry!!

BeiTangLang
09-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Vote to move it.

Frogman
09-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Truly no need to be angry everyone has one of those things and an opinion. Still why do some forums have two moderators? Is there a balance how far can you let something go and at what point do you pull the plug? I think an open vote would be a pain but ….

Last night my dog starting going crazy at 2am I jumped out of bed only to find that the neighbor was having his car dropped off by a flat bed truck. I ran out into the front yard and busted out with little mantis. Then I went back to bed.

Ya that’s stupid…:confused:

BeiTangLang
09-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm not angry at all.

Some have 2 mods because of time constraints of the mods. Usually if they are not frequented often. I'm here quite a bit, so one mod is all that is required.

Balance of when I would pull the plug would be something absolutely against forum policy. Other than that, its up to you guys.

An open vote assures that membership gets what they want without a biased opinion from the moderator.

I would say just pm me, but the pm system has limitations plus the fact that I do not wish to be accused of just moderating on the behalf of a minority when of course the majority should rule.

NorthernShaolin
09-22-2004, 11:59 AM
BTL,

Is it possible to restore some of the deleated post?

I enjoyed reading them since in the Shaolin fourm we're relatively very civil in our communications. :D

BeiTangLang
09-22-2004, 12:04 PM
No.

shirkers1
09-22-2004, 12:13 PM
You know there are some days where what you read could sound (in your head) very upsetting and others not taken negatively at all. So that's why I try not to post much on here, unless it's to throw out a sarcastic comment of some sort or actually throw in my input.... :) Frankly I enjoy some of the bickering it's like a bad movie or something. Keeps me comming back to read what's going to be said next. It gives me something to chuckle about, I don't take it to heart because it's just a board with people I don't know and probably will never see ever. Not that I don't want to meet fellow mantis people but that's just the way it is. We can all filter out the real info on mantis and the entertainment threads on our own.

just my random thoughts. :)

Oso
09-22-2004, 12:57 PM
...this was a refuge of sanity.

Oso
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
ok, to the point:

I disagree with this change in policy by the moderator.

I will also state that I feel that the latest spat of BS is coming from KUP and his crew.

Their posts, even while seemingly benign, are rife with sarcasm and semi-hidden slurs against...well, pretty much the rest of us.

It is they who don't have the real spirit of sharing, only a pretended one based on their belief that they hold the 'one true mantis'.

There is a belief and a goal shared by many of us here that the only thing that is going to save mantis is to drop the attitude of 'we are the best' and 'we are the true keepers of the holy grail' and admit that there is not one single branch of PM that has all the truth.

It is only going to be through the tireless efforts of the scholars among us that any 'truth' will eventually be gleaned from the shards of information that have been scattered amongst the branches of the tree.

To be the true mantis players we all say we are, we must help with this goal and put the crap aside.

so, I for one vote that we tell BTL to return to his usual method of moderating.

MantisFistMonk
09-22-2004, 08:45 PM
I vote to delete this thread!

yu shan
09-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Oso,

Well put, I second that!

FWIW, if this board turns into the crap I see on the main board, I`m gone. I`ve always been proud of our Northern Praying Mantis forum, full of class! Sure things get a little testy now and then, but thats life in the big t i t t y. The Pong Lai group in the United States is planning a trip to Taiwan next year to train with Shr ZhengZhong. I think a side trip to Shanghai would be exciting and a good opportunity to meet our fellow Mantis brothers.

Bei, I guess the only way to keep things from getting out of hand is a forum vote?! Thanks for running a tight ship bro.

Ming Yue
09-23-2004, 04:17 AM
this forum has been the one place on the board where I don't have to wade through a bunch of posturing to get to the valid information...

don't change that...

18elders
09-23-2004, 05:32 AM
I also would like to see it the way it was.
BTL usually lets the thread go for a little while before deleting it.
I think BTL should delete the real BS and maybe some of the other questionable threads take a vote on?
I agree on deleting the photo thread, should've gotten rid of that real quick. If he didn't want anyone to take his pic, there are ways to post a pic so nobody can save it. Maybe he added the dots to the pic?? Who knows or cares.
Maybe the shanghai group would like to attend the mantis gathering MantisifuFW is working on?

isol8d
09-23-2004, 09:32 AM
I say close this thread and continue moderating the way it was before.

BeiTangLang
09-23-2004, 11:22 AM
That is an option. I'll keep track of votes for this subject/thread as well then.

German Bai Lung
09-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Please, BeiTangLang: don´t let a minority let change your behavior here! Most of the Boardmembers who also write and not only read appreciate your way of leading this Board!

So I vote for closing this thread (or better delete it) and return to your old way!

GermanMantis
09-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi BeiTangLang,

i can only admit GBL that you are not alone with your opinion and that you do your job (if i call it so) in a perfect way. When there is talk about "watered up" things, then there should be the focus on discussion about crappy things like photos with more or less dots. How knows and cares what was first the five spot or the spotless pic of LKY, who cares? This (spot-topic) isn`t a topic for a mantisboard and can, or cannot solved via PM.

I VOTE FOR BEITANGLANG!

:)