PDA

View Full Version : Kung -- the way of empower

yellowpikachu
09-24-2004, 10:30 AM
It was said that Training in technic without training of Kung, one can train untill and old age and nothing truly achieve.

Kung is a training of empower. it empowers the technics, a level deep down training compare to the technics, as said in the old classical writing.

as it said, without kung, the same technic is not effective or even usefull.

Different styles has different type of Kung.

What type of Kung Wing Chun has?

If there is Kung, then how is this type of Kung empower the technics to make it "more" Wing Chun?

As one can claim that "the beauty looking into the mirror" is Wing Chun Tan Sau. But then how is the Kung differentiate or make it the Same?

since speed, hit hard... timing... those are common generic fundamental , the questions then are ---- are there exist empower training which is a step further then the common generic to make Wing Chun Wing Chun?

SevenStar
09-24-2004, 10:47 AM
it's inherent in the training. similar to how as a byproduct of training thai boxing you will improve stamina and striking power. "it just happens". Of course, you can always make yourself stronger by various means, be it modern or traditional.

yellowpikachu
09-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
it's inherent in the training. similar to how as a byproduct of training thai boxing you will improve stamina and striking power. "it just happens". Of course, you can always make yourself stronger by various means, be it modern or traditional.

IS a Thai boxer more a Thai boxer with the Banana Tree kicking, elbowing, kneeing Kung?

yellowpikachu
09-24-2004, 10:59 AM
kung fu, it means Kung = empower (capability/training) Fu (person)
So, kung fu means person with empower.

it is not called
Ngai fu or Chi fu , ngai or chi = technics.

strange isnt it?

and when ask, it is asking how deep the Kung fu.
not how many technics one knows.

how strange is it?

Wing Chun Kung Fu. What is Wing Chun Kung fu then?

SevenStar
09-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu
IS a Thai boxer more a Thai boxer with the Banana Tree kicking, elbowing, kneeing Kung?

It's not that he's more of one with it - he's not one without it. bagwork and padwork is part of the training. If you are not training properly, you really aren't training thai boxing.

SevenStar
09-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu
it is not called
Ngai fu or Chi fu , ngai or chi = technics.

strange isnt it?

nah.

and when ask, it is asking how deep the Kung fu.
not how many technics one knows.

becase how many techniques you know is irrelevant. how well you use them is what matters.

Wing Chun Kung Fu. What is Wing Chun Kung fu then?

by your definition, a person empowered with the knowledge of wing chun. "empower" doesn't denote strength, necessarily...

PaulH
09-24-2004, 11:27 AM
What is WC's Kung? Are you talking about the hard/soft and soft/hard stuffs?

P.S. The challenge of WC is simply could a small woman defeats a much stronger and bigger man? What sort of training will enable one to do so? I know my former female coach can handle me very well. Looking back I realize that she can neutralize my power very skillfully and use her ground power to strike decisively.

Grond
09-24-2004, 10:15 PM
yellowpikachu, what are you talking about? I have no idea what kung means to you because you aren't using it in a very meaningful context. Can you be more explanatory please.
thanks.

yellowpikachu
09-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by PaulH

The challenge of WC is simply could a small woman defeats a much stronger and bigger man? What sort of training will enable one to do so?

Ernie,

You want to life long challenging meaningfull mission?
This sound like one.

yellowpikachu
09-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Grond
yellowpikachu, what are you talking about? I have no idea what kung means to you because you aren't using it in a very meaningful context. Can you be more explanatory please.
thanks.

say , Kung is similar to knowing how to make good coffee.

Well, everyone knows about one has to add coffee, boild water, ...
But how to make a good coffee without have to think is about Kung.