PDA

View Full Version : era of further integration

yellowpikachu
09-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Thus, I have heard,

Wing Chun reaches a high level of integration in the Red Boat era.

Then, after the destory of the fine jade association, Wing Chun was carried to the land and grow individually.

So,

after hundred of years of "differentiation", today it called for another integration or synthesis. The key in the past must not be left forgotent. the development of the future must be involve an grow.

These called for lots of WCners of this and next generation to review , creative generate, and working on to integrate. Mix Martial art is great however I think one step further into integration and synthesis is the called.

with integration there are two areas involve.
one is the historitical, philosophical, and theoritical integration
One is the "action" or technical integration which is if not more important atleast equal important with the theoritical and philosophical integration.

What do you think?

mossman
09-25-2004, 11:27 PM
bump, interesting topic.

Rhat
09-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mossman
Dude, whats up with all these posts man?

That's a good question!

Waxwood rod
09-26-2004, 01:05 AM
If you don't like his post's don't read them, no one is forcing you to look at them. If you want to talk about something else, start your own posts. Its that simple "dudes".

SevenStar
09-26-2004, 09:13 AM
It's not about liking or disliking posts - mossman merely asked a question, dude. Lighten up.

Waxwood rod
09-26-2004, 12:22 PM
"Lighten up".

Yes sir!

AmanuJRY
09-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Pikachu (Hendrik) has a tendency to start a lot of threads at once. Maybe he likes attention.

Anyway. This is an interesting topic, but a 'pipe dream' IMO. Integrating the mixed theories and concepts of the varied lineages of WC would be an interesting accomplishment, but the 'holders' of such branches would probably hesitate to 'let go' of their ways.

This kind of integration is a slow process, and will only begin to happen with the release of notions of 'lineage' and the wisdom of those who will look beyond lineage.

anerlich
09-26-2004, 03:48 PM
after hundred of years of "differentiation", today it called for another integration or synthesis.

I'm afraid far too much time and money has been invested in "differentiation" by too many people for this to be anything but a dream.

Vajramusti
09-26-2004, 04:44 PM
after hundred of years of "differentiation", today it called for another integration or synthesis.
-----------------------------------------------

I seriously doubt that either will happen.

Diversity in the worst sense is too well vested.

The fate of taichi is instructive- chen, yang, two wus, sun--
of uneven quality ranging from very good- a few- to the park and ymca and health club varieities.

yellowpikachu
09-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by AmanuJRY

Anyway. This is an interesting topic, but a 'pipe dream' IMO. Integrating the mixed theories and concepts of the varied lineages of WC would be an interesting accomplishment, but the 'holders' of such branches would probably hesitate to 'let go' of their ways.

pikachu loves pipe dream.

yellowpikachu
09-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Pikachu (Hendrik) has a tendency to start a lot of threads at once. Maybe he likes attention.

pikachu likes attention for what?

PaulH
09-27-2004, 01:50 PM
One should integrate only what one needs to get to the destination. The question is what is the destination - the fingers or the moon? =)

Chronos
09-27-2004, 04:58 PM
We all call what we do "Wing Chun" because we want to honor our antecedents (ancestors in some sense). If we're going to create a new hodge-podge, please call it something else. I'd suggest Tae-bo, but that name's taken.

Regards,

AmanuJRY
09-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by yellowpikachu
pikachu likes attention for what?

For your inexhaustable knowledge and opinion, I guess.;)

yellowpikachu
09-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Chronos
We all call what we do "Wing Chun" because we want to honor our antecedents (ancestors in some sense). If we're going to create a new hodge-podge, please call it something else. I'd suggest Tae-bo, but that name's taken.

Regards,

WE are not going to create a new hodge-podge, we are going to collect every thing very key which we knows about Wing Chun Kuen in the past and make sure we are not forgotten them.

We then further develop Wing Chun into a even stronger and better continous improve self-learning system adapt to the world's evolution.

and that is calling for an integration or synthesis.
it is still Wing Chun and beside respect and honor our ancestors, we need to put in our effort to make it grow and improve.

Grow and improve, otherwise it will be dying and degrating. That is the law of this world.

yellowpikachu
09-27-2004, 09:15 PM
For your inexhaustable knowledge and opinion, I guess.;)

pikachu never lost its energy! Pika Pika....