PDA

View Full Version : Apps?!

william
09-26-2004, 09:26 AM
I have seen so many video clips of forms, and two man drills, weapons etc.

But I have yet to see any applications? I wanna see how some of this stuff they do in the forms actually works? Coz after searching through the whole vid's thread and seeing form after form, Shaolin and indeed Choy Lay Fut are begining to seem more like dances than Martial arts! Does any one know whre I might find some footage of how this stuff is actually supposed to work on someone else?!

W

SevenStar
09-26-2004, 10:24 AM
applications are there - ask your sifu (not in your case, I see you are in wing chun, not shaolin) also, you will find them yourself at some point in time if you look. After I stopped training longfist and went back to thai boxing and grappling, I saw several applications fro those arts that applied to longfist. For example, "shoot the bow" can have a fireman's carry application. There's a technique from the shuffling step form that is similar to entering from a side plam and pulling the opponent into your knee in thai boxing.

As for videos, I can't help there. I've never checked out any CMA instructional vids.

David Jamieson
09-26-2004, 04:57 PM
don't feed the trolls 7. :D