PDA

View Full Version : Scenario training

BeiKongHui
08-08-2001, 03:18 PM
How many of you guys do this? We do a lot. Last night, for example, one person wore a face cage and another person had a padded training stick. The object was the person with the stick tries to brain you with it and you have to avoid being hit and have the sense of timing to move in at the right moment to strike or disarm or whatever. It was very challenging. Another favorite of mine is to take a person put them at the far end of the kwoon put 2 or 3 people about ten feet away from them to start. Then the single person has to try to make it to the other end of the kwoon while the others try to stop him.
We also have done scenarios where you had to "bodygaurd" a third person, or save a friend from an attacker who already had your friend on the ground, or were you are already on the ground being kicked by one or two attackers. I really enjoy this type of stuff and would like to hear any things you all have tried. :cool:

"To the extreme!"
--Poochie

kungfu cowboy
08-08-2001, 03:32 PM
We usually do one where everyone puts on bunny suits, then we turn the lights off and hop around like rabbits.

Ish
08-08-2001, 03:44 PM
That sounds good we usualy do it with the lights on :p

Nat from UK
08-08-2001, 06:36 PM
we practice applications with defender in sitting positions, in narrow/tight spaces etc (alley ways) but no role playing as such. But sounds like fun.

Nat from UK

vertical fist
08-09-2001, 04:10 AM
We usually do one where everyone puts on bunny suits, then we turn the lights off and hop around like rabbits.

ROFL!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."

benny
08-12-2001, 05:52 AM
role playing? sounds more like a bjj class."you women me man."

we do multible fights everynow and then we just get a few people point at someone and start hitting them its heaps of fun but its hard to keep your mouth shut when people are flying everywhere.