PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Zen Fable For Blooming Lotus

cerebus
09-28-2004, 01:55 AM
There was once an Italian businessman who was being sent to America to close an important contract for his company. To prepare for this he took a series of intensive English language courses after which he spoke English quite well (though with a very strong Italian accent).
His first night in America, he went to a restaurant for dinner. Upon receiving his food, he noticed there was no fork on the table so he called his waitress over. "Mees, can I please have a 'fok' on the table?" he asked. The waitress thought he was asking for something else and slapped him across the face before walking away. The poor man was unable to comprehend the reason for such behavior, but he finished his meal as well as he could without the fork.
Next he went to his hotel and began to prepare himself for bed. He noticed, however, that there was no sheet on the bed. He called for room service and, when the lady arrived, he let her into the room and asked her "Mees, cood you please poot a sh!t on my bed?" The poor lady yelled "You disgusting pervert!" before slapping him across the face and running out, slamming the door behind her.
By now the poor man was so confused and angry he was in no mood for sleep, so he went for a walk in the park. He sat on a bench, wondering to himself what was the matter with these terrible Americans, when a priest came walking by after evening services. Noticing that the man on the bench seemed to be very upset the priest smiled at him as he walked by and said "Peace on you my son." The businessman leaped to his feet in a rage and shouted back "AH! P!ss on you too!!!"

Peace on you Michelle. :D :D :D

blooming lotus
09-28-2004, 02:42 AM
so what you're saying is that you have a really bad accent and I should bear with you . Now we're on the same page!

peace back at you Cerebus :D

cerebus
09-28-2004, 02:43 AM
Peace on you michelle. :p :p :p

cerebus
09-28-2004, 04:27 AM
ttt

SPJ
09-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Accents and communications;

My Mantis teachers had heavy accent from Shan Dong.

My Wing Chun teacher has cantonese accent.

I used to speak mandarin with Ming Nan (Taiwanese) accent.

My relatives are from Fuzhou. They have accents or different dialects.

My collegemates--

On and on.

The first post is in the heart. If you are a waitress, you would think about spoon and forks.

If you are the cleaning lady, you would think sheets in bed.

If you are a priest, you would think peace on earth.

If you have other minds, you interprete everything in the way you direct.

Clear mind, and open mind will overcome the verbals.

Peace or Pi**s

No personal pundits. Try to put good name to Zen.

:D