PDA

View Full Version : Sil lum Tao the longer the better.

dre_doggX
08-08-2001, 07:25 PM
I normally do it in 20 BUt have done it in 15 minutes. breathing and qi and all. Yip Man could do it in 4 hours from what I understand. What I think gives Sil lum tao an edge over most qi gong or kungfu(fighitng) forms. is my opinon that its the best of both worlds. it shows almost all the movements of one of the worlds most effective fighting styles. and done slow with meditation. in the right stances and postures in builds qi and strengthens th legs for kick s and balance.

fighting and qi what more do you want.
Its prefect.

But...
People are not this is why I choose Chen style Tai chi. go to americanchentaichi.com is soooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooll
has go clips
is you like the other 2 sisters (XingYiQuan and Bague Quan) go to emptyflower.com and go the martial arts section. You are bound to be impressed.

Andre Lashley

Sharky
08-09-2001, 02:20 AM
slt does not teach you to fight. it doesn't have "fighting in it"

Edd

My anus is superiorâ„¢

wingchunwsl
08-09-2001, 02:38 AM
i would say slt does already start teaching a bit of "fighting."

Ish
08-09-2001, 10:46 AM
If some one did slt every day for a year but was never told any aplications or even that they were learning wing chun do you still think they would learn how to fight

dave the dragon
08-09-2001, 10:54 AM
slt gives the blue print of othe moves and yes does generate leg strength and chi cultivation , but on its own without foot work drills and chi sau , although it would be better than nothing ,it would only be best served from a stationary position which never happens in a real life situation IMO

kungfu cowboy
08-09-2001, 10:57 AM
SLT is only one of the fundamental parts of a systematic method of fighting. It begins to ingrain key movements which are later elaborated upon.

Barry Manilow ain't no vegetable.

wingchunwsl
08-10-2001, 03:50 AM
i don't think any sifu would just teach slt to a student and just leave him alone to do it by himeself... or at least my sifu taught me applications to the things like wu, tan, fuk, bong, chain punches, etc...

you could apply those things to your self defense.