PDA

View Full Version : Open push hands club in San Diego

Roll Back
09-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Hello everyone my name is Troy and I run a Kung Fu school in Pacific Beach California.

I would like to extend an invitation to fellow Tai Chi players from all styles to join or visit our push hands club. We do three levels of push hands:

Level 1- Push hands for health development.
Level 2- Push hands in preparation of self-defense.
Level 3- Free sparring pushes hands that develops the understanding of the movements from the forms.

Master Wiedong Zhao of the Zhao Bao He style will be participating in the club.

For an example of Zhao Bao push hands please click on the link below and you will see a demo of Grandmaster Lui Rui demonstrating some applications from the forms in push hands.

http://5elementmartialarts.com/taiChi.htm

This is a social push hands club designed to make friends and have fun developing Tai Chi principles.

There is no charge or fee to belong to the club. So come on by and participate, or if you want, just sit back and watch.

Please post a message or send me and e-mail to let us know when you are coming.

info@5elementmartialarts.com

The next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 12th

Roll Back
10-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Hello, we had our first meeting of the Push Hands club in San Diego. The first meeting went very well is a very good start for even better meetings in the future. 8 people attended representing 4 styles of tai chi. Cheng Man Ching Yang style, Yi Yang from Shanghi, Wu style, Zhao Bao style.

The practitioner of the Cheng Man Ching style came with 20+ years of experience of practicing and teaching. He shared with the club his interpretation of the martial art aspect of the Cheng Man Ching style. Practitioner of the Cheng Man Ching style in San Diego will enjoy what he has to offer in future meetings.

The Wu style practitioner though only 20 years old did very well. His form was very good. His push hands ability has a very good foundation in his connection of his elbow/ shoulder with his torso. We had a lot of fun together. Wu style push is very cool.

Master Zhao also showed us Zhaobao hand pushing, it was very natural and peaceful. What he was doing was just following his opponent without effort just like walking and was able to adjust to all push hand types easily and naturally. He also played as an attacker to one attendant, punching, kicking. That was really a lot of fun.

We also had tea and cakes and socialized in the traditional Chinese manner.

The next meeting will be on the 26th of November and we are looking for more to attend.

Please e-mail me for to let us know that you are coming or for more info.

info@5elementmartialarts.com

Troy