PDA

View Full Version : Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
how am i learning from books leung shums an eagle claw stylist i dont know eagle claw lol
and what its tur shaolin do claims to have around 900 forms thats impossible to know that many

and know shaolin doh dose not participate in competions supposedly there technique is too deadly to use lol ig uess doing their forms are too dangerous to watch as well thats why they at the very least dont stick to form competions

some one said thats because they are frauds and know theyd get laughed out of the place but hey who knows :)

it is so easy to ruffle your guys feathers you know deep deep down inside your being scammed you just dont want to admit youve wasted time and money on a bogus art
plus youd have to regrow back your hair lol

Oh don't think you are ruffeling my feathers. I am very calmly and politely calling you and idiot. No animosity there.

The videos that I will put up (which have been up before) are of me in an open kung fu tournament (I took 3rd in advanced men sparring and 2nd or 3rd--its been a while so I forgot which--in weapons forms). So clearly your claim that we aren't allowed (or simply don't because the techniques are too deadly) is flat wrong. I've competed before. I know of several who have
also. Stick to what you know (which so far hasn't shown to be much).

Every style has techniques that are not proper in a sporting event for safety reasons but it doesn't make our expression of the legal techniques "too deadly for competition." I believe that many TMA people (yes including SD) sometimes use this as an excuse and a crutch. But it's not true across the board as you claim.

goju
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
They are not 2 different stories they are two reasons. Their is no real story, only facts.

It is possible to learn 900 forms just like it is possible to learn 900 of anything, it depends on your brains capacity. If you believe that you can not learn that many then keep telling yourself that and you won't.

There are people that have a large capacity to learn many things, Master The` is one of them.

no that is impossible as i noted leung sheum said trditonally you learned about two ro three forms ayear

wing lam in an interview said that soem of the general forms he displayed took about six moths if not more to learn a piece

generally speaking with kung fu it takes along time to master a form

put two or three forms a year till you get to 900 how long does that take lol

choy lay fut has i beleive around or slose too ahundred forms and it takes nearly all your life to learn them all IF you do

so imagine 900

wow sin must be awful special or a vampire lol

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 10:54 AM
and the ones who are defending shaolin doh are ther one students gee what a suprise lol

i dont have the know how of how to send pics and videos im not very computer savy however i can send pics of my self throwing kicks or doing the splits or whatever else with my camera phone to your email
thats about all i can do if you wanna see em leave me your email and ill send em

E-mail MasterKiller. He is not SD and he will be glad to help you figure it out. For the record that was excuse number one.

If you want to e-mail them to me, my e-mail is tennjd2000@yahoo.com. I'll post them with mine if you want.

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
why change anything as i said why not just teach in secret? they supposedly had to hide the fact it was shaolin no? then obviously they were advertising the style all over place thus making it reasonable that they woud just keep it secret and teach it to only chinese there fore not making it needed to add all these karate elements or what ever you call them

uh huh sure it is an the karate gi can easily be confused for a three peice pistripe hugo boss suitThe art would have been lost, it is obvious that they did not want that to happen.

And then again it could all be BS , it still does not change the content of the art, and for the most part , better than 95% is Chinese in origin.

Have you seen the list of material taught upto 6th BB?? Obviously Chinese material. All the lower belt material is common to most martial arts systems.

goju
05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Oh don't think you are ruffeling my feathers. I am very calmly and politely calling you and idiot. No animosity there.

You didn't answer my question about putting videos of yourself up.

The videos that I will put up (which have been up before) are of me in an open kung fu tournament (I took 3rd in advanced men sparring and 2nd or 3rd--its been a while so I forgot which--in weapons forms). So clearly your claim that we aren't allowed (or simply don't because the techniques are too deadly) is flat wrong. I've competed before. I know of several who have
also. Stick to what you know (which so far hasn't shown to be much).

Every style has techniques that are not proper in a sporting event for safety reasons but it doesn't make our expression of the legal techniques "too deadly for competition." I believe that many TMA people (yes including SD) sometimes use this as an excuse and a crutch. But it's not true across the board as you claim.

So, when can we expect the videos? Or are you just going to ignore me again?

when did i ignore you lol you just responded to my post in which i responded to yours lol you people

no you completed your school didnt and why is that

wow several out of how many dojos? im impressed

anybody can join a shaolin do school and the text boy they give you says we do not compete because out technique is too deadly to be used in competions
its in plain bloody english

dont make up this nonsense about me ignoring you im sorry but i have nothing to fear from some random shaolin do student over the net or in person for that matter

give me your email and ill send pics
if you trust me enough i can send a video of me through the mail to your po box to you as well

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
how coem none of you will explain how your history maes no sense or why you have japanese characters on your stuff or call your forms kata and have ippon kumite lol or how it is possible to know 900 forms? so many holes in your stuff and know one can fill them

ive noticed none of you ever respond to that

why? :)

We have responded to that over and over and over in this thread and others. You are simply being atagonistic, so why take the time again? In short, there's the story about discrimination in Indonesia which has some basis in fact, but maybe not as strong as is sometimes represented MK and I go round and round on this one and I've even spoken to an INdonesial scholar about local ordinances versus national law --which wasn't passed until after Master Sin left Indonesia for Kentucky. I think there was a mix of styles chinese and japanese in Indonesia and that has led to some bleed over of terminolgy etc., but I stand firm that SD is an evolution of an art that was chinese in origin. It is now its own animal, but that doesn't make it any less real.

goju
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
then they would have taught it in secret adopting japanese customs makes no sense at all just hide it
kung fu styles have been hidden before and then brought out again to the public
throgh out chinas history

its common so they are just teaching amish mash of this and that until you stay there long enough and give them your money lol okay

still dosnt add up

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 11:02 AM
no that is impossible as i noted leung sheum said trditonally you learned about two ro three forms ayear

wing lam in an interview said that soem of the general forms he displayed took about six moths if not more to learn a piece

generally speaking with kung fu it takes along time to master a form

put two or three forms a year till you get to 900 how long does that take lol

choy lay fut has i beleive around or slose too ahundred forms and it takes nearly all your life to learn them all IF you do

so imagine 900

wow sin must be awful special or a vampire lolAs I understand it GMT is the holder of the system which has 900+ forms . I have only seen and know 200 of them. Whether he is just the guardian of the system and inherited the books from GGMICM, I do not know for sure. If he learned them all before, only part of them and is adding and learning the rest as he goes along or what. To me it does not a take away from what I have learned. I can tell you what I have learned from GMT has been incredible.

goju
05-12-2009, 11:05 AM
lol then its not shaolin if its mixed with all thsee other styles lol my god
if there was os much discrimination sin would have been taught in secret and there would have been no need to adopt karate or whatever you want to call it
and if the wee so desperate to preserve there art why would they mix it with another

god you shaolin doh guys lol with your circle talk you could all have futures in politic

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
when did i ignore you lol you just responded to my post in which i responded to yours lol you people

no you completed your school didnt and why is that

wow several out of how many dojos? im impressed

anybody can join a shaolin do school and the text boy they give you says we do not compete because out technique is too deadly to be used in competions
its in plain bloody english

dont make up this nonsense about me ignoring you im sorry but i have nothing to fear from some random shaolin do student over the net or in person for that matter

give me your email and ill send pics
if you trust me enough i can send a video of me through the mail to your po box to you as well

I wasn't given a textbook--that's a Soard thing. I've seen it and I've heard they discourage competition and I think that's wrong but that get's back to the internal politics thing.

You said no one does and that's not true. I'm only one person so I can only speak for myself. But I know of others that have competed also. You are only speaking from your experiences which are narrow and limited.

I've given you my e-mail but here is is again: tennjd2000@yahoo.com

goju
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
so sin is just learning from abunch of old musty books left around okay great lol

it is impossible to learn that many forms
no other chinese master worth his wait claims such a thing i wonder why?
butclearly sin is more gifted them them lol

COME LET US ADORE HIM
COME LET US ADORE HIM
COME LET US ADORE HIM!!!!!

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
then they would have taught it in secret adopting japanese customs makes no sense at all just hide it
kung fu styles have been hidden before and then brought out again to the public
throgh out chinas history

its common so they are just teaching amish mash of this and that until you stay there long enough and give them your money lol okay

still dosnt add up

No matter what the art has over 130 schools/ programs and thousands of students all over, anyone that has stuck around for any lengthy period of time gets past the inconsistances and just focuses on learning and practicing the art and has lots of fun doing so.

You obviously cant get past the cover to see the content of the book.

It goes so far past what you believe is real or the truth that you can't wrap ypur head around it.

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Indonesia was a very large melting pot of styles. There were very strong anti-chinese sentiments in the 20th centruy (may even be now) which culminated in national anti-chinese legislation being passed in 1965. I doubt that changing uniforms and terminology did much to hide as it was a cosmetic change only, but it might have been enough to avoid superficial levels of scrutiny. I always found it odd in the phots and paintings we have seen, Sin and Hiang are wearing the gi, but Ie is always wearing normal clothes.

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I think with these types of legit or non legit arguments make people lose track of what the system stands for in the first place.

The questions are do students enjoy Shaolin Do?
Do they receive some benefit out of it?
Do they obtain some of their goals that they initially sought after?

Regardless of a persons beef with Shaolin Do or anything else for that: We have to understand that there will be people (clients) that can identify with the philosophy and those that can not. (for the record no one forced any person to take a class you did that on your own accord, and as such it is also your right to stop taking classes at anytime) (in less of course a legal binding agreement was established)

So really this specific argument is pointless, as we can see some people can identify with Shaolin Do (that's great for them) and some can not (that's also great for them)

We should all follow our own paths blazed with blood, sweat and tears to reach our intent destination "goal".

Hope you find it:

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 11:13 AM
so sin is just learning from abunch of old musty books left around okay great lol

it is impossible to learn that many forms
no other chinese master worth his wait claims such a thing i wonder why?
butclearly sin is more gifted them them lol

COME LET US ADORE HIM
COME LET US ADORE HIM
COME LET US ADORE HIM!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I don't know what Master Sin has learned in person from Ie and the other teachers there and how much of that he has learned or polished from Ie's notes, but those notes were not given to him until the early 1990s I believe. BQ can confirm this. And I understand Master Sin represents that he learned all the forms and uses these notes to refresh his memory. I only know a fraction of the forms that he does, and I need to rely upon my notes and videos when I want to work a form back up so that makes some sense to me.

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
lol then its not shaolin if its mixed with all thsee other styles lol my god
if there was os much discrimination sin would have been taught in secret and there would have been no need to adopt karate or whatever you want to call it
and if the wee so desperate to preserve there art why would they mix it with another

god you shaolin doh guys lol with your circle talk you could all have futures in politicGGMICM was a martial arts practioner and teacher , how else was he going to make money/ live if he didn't teach??

shaolin and all other martial arts have always mixed martial arts from other styles and systems to make their art better equipted to deal with anything that might come their way.

Enough was added to standardize the art and teach basic concets and principles common to all martial arts.

OldandUsed
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Tensei85....

Excellent point and very well phrased.

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
:rolleyes:

I don't know what Master Sin has learned in person from Ie and the other teachers there and how much of that he has learned or polished from Ie's notes, but those notes were not given to him until the early 1990s I believe. BQ can confirm this. And I understand Master Sin represents that he learned all the forms and uses these notes to refresh his memory. I only know a fraction of the forms that he does, and I need to rely upon my notes and videos when I want to work a form back up so that makes some sense to me.I agree......

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
p.s. on the side a lot of Chinese martial artist in Indonesia had to hide there systems as well as identities in general due to anti Chinese sentiments as well other than Shaolin Do. (some even gave themselves more traditional Indonesian names) to hide there Chinese descend.

p.s.s. Shuai Jiao also validates itself as being a Chinese Martial Arts, generally also wears Gi's or uniforms similar in texture to Gi's. I see no point as to who or what wears a gi as opposed to a so called Chinese training uniform has to do with the practicality of a system or genuineness for that much.

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Indonesia was a very large melting pot of styles. There were very strong anti-chinese sentiments in the 20th centruy (may even be now) which culminated in national anti-chinese legislation being passed in 1965. I doubt that changing uniforms and terminology did much to hide as it was a cosmetic change only, but it might have been enough to avoid superficial levels of scrutiny. I always found it odd in the phots and paintings we have seen, Sin and Hiang are wearing the gi, but Ie is always wearing normal clothes.one again , I agree

OldandUsed
05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Tensei85...

I agree completely.

goju
05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
okay pen ill send the pics today let me know if you get them!

130 schools? lmao
oh yes now sin in addition to being able to learn kung fu at an extremely fast pace can also turn people into masters at an alarming rat

classic mc dojo sign when a teacher has hundreds of schools under him

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey Judge Pen,

Sorry didn't mean to rip off the Anti Chinese sentiments line from you. Lol, didn't read it yet... Nice info though.

tattooedmonk
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I am done. Hope the rest of you are doing well. Keep up your training and be well. Later

goju
05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
im doine too im gonna cal up my girl freind

hey guess what i got enaged today lol

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Judge Pen,

Sorry didn't mean to rip off the Anti Chinese sentiments line from you. Lol, didn't read it yet... Nice info though.

I appreciate your perspective (especially since you are not an SD student).

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 11:28 AM

Congratulations. She must be a saint. :eek: :p

OldandUsed
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
True. Sad, but true.

That's funny, right there!

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 11:34 AM

Congrats! all the best.

kwaichang
05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
You guys were busy, whew. Some one bring up or post the pic of the ststue celebrating the shaolin way in china it stands with its hand and fist in bowing position this clearly illustrates the uniform used. KC

godzillakungfu
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
It is. This is true. It's funny how things get turned around, not failing to mention that NO ONE EVER asks the person if these things are true or not.:eek::rolleyes::confused::D:cool:

Did I ever tell you what happened to me ??? LMAO

No, we should exchange stories. I was just told a new one, based on me, earlier this year.

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Here's goju's pics!

Gotta say, he's more flexible then me, but not more flexible than KC.

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
In like kind, here are a few of me doing an SD form.

Judge Pen
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
For the heck of it, here's one of me and Oso sparring.

goju
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
thanks now thatll put the crap talkers mouths closed about my skill

really hes more flexible **** how the hell you do that?!

goju
05-12-2009, 03:07 PM
id like to see kcs flexibilty lol that sounds interesting
is he around the same size as me
im 6 foot 2 and 220 pounds

Yao Sing
05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Here's goju's pics!

Gotta say, he's more flexible then me, but not more flexible than KC.

Is it just me or does that look like a Karate sidekick? :p

For the heck of it, here's one of me and Oso sparring.

Looks like a pic of Oso sparring while you ....... :D

Man I'm in a nasty mood today. :)

goju
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
well i do goju ryu so i think it would be lol

goju
05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
we dont lick high in goju ryu since it came from south china largely
however ive done taekwondo and train with a taeknwondo master so its more of a high taekwondo kick actually

it was also a means to demonstrate my balance felxibilty and skill

goju
05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
are you the one wearing shin pads to protect your p ussy shins lol jk

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Sweet JP! Even though its just pics I can tell you have decent body mechanics. Thanks for putting them up.

Yao Sing
05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
we dont lick high in goju ryu since it came from south china largely
however ive done taekwondo and train with a taeknwondo master so its more of a high taekwondo kick actually

it was also a means to demonstrate my balance felxibilty and skill

I don't kick high because I'm getting old but if you wanted to show off balance and flexibility another foot higher would have impressed me.:cool:

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
No offense so take it for what its worth but if you were demonstrating your balance, flexibility and skill then I've seen better coming from 5 year old kids in China or even America for that. Kudos on putting them up however but I wouldn't tute your horn at the moment.

kwaichang
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Well Go Ju you do have decent flexibil;ity. I unfortunately lost some of mine a year or two ago however I can say that at 48 years old I had a full side split and more and bilateral front split . I now haVE A LEFT FRONT SPLIT AND AND AM VERY CLOSE TO THE RIGHT FRONT SPLIT MY SIDE SPLIT IS LACKING SOMEWHAT AT 165 DEGREES but thanks JP for the praise KC

Tensei85
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I agree, you have decent skills by all accounts don't get me wrong but its nothing to be awe struck about in the least. Again kudos for the pics.

goju
05-12-2009, 07:19 PM
uh huh you just expected me to be some fat kid with a power rangers shirt swinging foam nunchuks around didnt you lol sorry to disapoint

actually i would toot my own horn being thats a perfect textbook side kick something i doubt any of you could do

goju
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
i can do a side split and touch my head to the floor at the same time
i can do the same in the full split and i can put both feet behind my head

Yao Sing
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Dang, guess I need to break out an embarrassing picture. Try not to get too hung up on the socks and highwater pants.

At 6' 2" I guess you aren't use to having to kick higher than your head.

goju
05-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Lmao ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahhaahhahahahahahahah
oh my ****in good click on that pick ahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
im so sorry man but i cant help it

ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaaa

goju
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
ohm y god lol i jsy keep laughing at this lol

goju
05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
pounds fists on the table

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahaahhahaha

kwaichang
05-13-2009, 04:08 AM
A man puts a pic up and you laugh at it , I feel the pic of the guy in the high water pants was a better side kick than yours. There is a thing called functional flexibility and you dont seem to have it. You can stretch but you are weak at that ROM. Not only that you are rude and you seem to have missed the most important lesson to be HUMBLE A$$ KC

sean_stonehart
05-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Dang, guess I need to break out an embarrassing picture. Try not to get too hung up on the socks and highwater pants.

At 6' 2" I guess you aren't use to having to kick higher than your head.

Wow.... rockin' the sock & mastering the perm'd mullett... dang.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Eh... beats my exposed scalp!!!:eek:

Actually though a better example of flexibility is the pose from Tong Zi Gong you do.

Baqualin
05-13-2009, 06:29 AM
are you the one wearing shin pads to protect your p ussy shins lol jk

The guy with the shin pads is Oso and you have no idea who your saying has ***** shins.

You come on here acting like an arrogant A$$ and expect to get respect...I don't get it:confused:
BQ

Judge Pen
05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Is it just me or does that look like a Karate sidekick? :p

Looks like a pic of Oso sparring while you ....... :D

Man I'm in a nasty mood today. :)

:D While I practice my iron face technique!

We all get hit from time to time. Fortunately, I was moving away from it or that one might have knocked me out.

Judge Pen
05-13-2009, 07:47 AM
id like to see kcs flexibilty lol that sounds interesting
is he around the same size as me
im 6 foot 2 and 220 pounds
That's about right. He may be a bit larger. I'm 6'1" and 205 lbs, and he's larger than me.

Judge Pen
05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
uh huh you just expected me to be some fat kid with a power rangers shirt swinging foam nunchuks around didnt you lol sorry to disapoint

actually i would toot my own horn being thats a perfect textbook side kick something i doubt any of you could do

Based upon your typing/spelling then yes.

But I've learned not to underestimate people. Lucky for me, I get underestimated often.

OldandUsed
05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Actually, I thought GOJU's side kick was barely average. The foot was ****ed forward, so any hard contact would hyper-extend his ankle. And, his upper torso is leaning way too much away from the contact instead of driving through the target. We were always taught to center the force to the heel and drive it through the target, to line up the bones to make your leg a spear to go through the target and to focus your hip/shoulder through the target so as not to take away from your power/penetration/impact, but to go through the target and actually do damage. I would correct any student of mine that kicked like that. Sorry.

Judge Pen
05-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Actually, I thought GOJU's side kick was barely average. The foot was ****ed forward, so any hard contact would hyper-extend his ankle. And, his upper torso is leaning way too much away from the contact instead of driving through the target. We were always taught to center the force to the heel and drive it through the target, to line up the bones to make your leg a spear to go through the target and to focus your hip/shoulder through the target so as not to take away from your power/penetration/impact, but to go through the target and actually do damage. I would correct any student of mine that kicked like that. Sorry.

That's why it looked like a Japanese kick to me. I used to spar with some karate types and they were actually taught to focus with the knife edge of their foot with a side kick instead of the heel of the foot as we were taught in SD.

I'm not criticizing his kick from a picture. I've sparred many people with great flexibility and technique. That's a great foundation, but there is so much more than that. My flexibility has always been my weakest link, so I'm a bit jealous actually.

BTW, goju, I don't think anyone criticized your ability as much as your knowledge and attitude.

Finally, for the record, I would not describe Oso as a *****. The man has skill and great timing and fighting instinct. He is one of the better people I've had the pleasure to cross hands with in my time. And because goju probably doesn't know, he is not, nor has he ever been, an SD person.

sean_stonehart
05-13-2009, 07:59 AM

Actually it was text book in appearance... just like it had been learned/copied from a textbook. It looks very "rote" in appearance... i.e. "Well that's how it looked in the book so I need to do it that way too"...

Keanu Reeves had one of those in the Matrix when before he tools Agent Smith... but then again he had his ankle lifted by Woo Ping's wire-fu team too so he wasn't leaning as bad.

peace&love
05-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Goju's technique looks good, but I wish he would move on in regards to commenting on kung fu. He practices goju ryu, which is a very respectable style. If he wishes to continue his studies of CMA, I suggest he start with the works of Lao Tzu and spent much more time learning honesty, compassion, and HUMILITY. It is unfortunate he spends so much time on this forum with all this negativity.

Shaolin Do is far from perfect. I studied it for nearly a year and found it to be disappointing in the end like many others. Yet, I feel a lot of it goes with the teacher as with many other styles and systems. I'm sorry goju had a bad experience with the Soards, but I believe he should not spend his energy blasting people studying in completely different areas with completely different sifus. For that matter, he should not be negative in any sense if he is truly practicing a martial "art."

Yao Sing
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
When you get done looking at the socks you'll notice the focus of the kick is on the heel, as has been mentioned. It does more damage to the target while minimizing damage to your foot.

Also, I was always taught to point the standing heel towards your target. Although I'm off a couple of degrees Goju isn't even close. Guess that's how they do it in his style.

During an in-house competition at the Temple I fought a guy who was a few inches taller. I brought my leg up, hesitated a sec but saw he wasn't going to block it so I hit him in the cheek. After, he told me since he's tall he doesn't worry about high kicks so he didn't try to block it. Totally caught him off guard.

Edit: Sean, I'm sure he'll cave if I pull out that photo! Now if someone his size could do it that would be impressive.

Judge Pen
05-13-2009, 08:42 AM
When you get done looking at the socks you'll notice the focus of the kick is on the heel, as has been mentioned. It does more damage to the target while minimizing damage to your foot.

Also, I was always taught to point the standing heel towards your target. Although I'm off a couple of degrees Goju isn't even close. Guess that's how they do it in his style.

During an in-house competition at the Temple I fought a guy who was a few inches taller. I brought my leg up, hesitated a sec but saw he wasn't going to block it so I hit him in the cheek. After, he told me since he's tall he doesn't worry about high kicks so he didn't try to block it. Totally caught him off guard.

Edit: Sean, I'm sure he'll cave if I pull out that photo! Now if someone his size could do it that would be impressive.

Re: pointing the heel: I was taught that too, but I've noticed that flexible people tend to short-cut that part of the kick.

humbleman
05-13-2009, 08:58 AM
...this surely proves the benefits of Shaolin-Do. Bottomless stamina! :eek:

Yao Sing
05-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Re: pointing the heel: I was taught that too, but I've noticed that flexible people tend to short-cut that part of the kick.

Pointing the heel turns the hips so that the striking foot hits with the heel. It helps prevent hitting with too much of the toes which could hyper-extend the foot and damage the ankle. Can't fight if you can't stand (expect for BJJ I guess).

Judge Pen
05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Pointing the heel turns the hips so that the striking foot hits with the heel. It helps prevent hitting with too much of the toes which could hyper-extend the foot and damage the ankle. Can't fight if you can't stand (expect for BJJ I guess).

I agree 100%. It also opens the hips up and allows a larger range of motion. I've just noticed that a lot of people who are flexible get relaxed on this point (probably because they don't have to open their hips to get a certain range of motion).

goju
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
lol well why dont you post a p ic of you doing a side kick kwai

why do i ge the feeling you cant ? and i notice you failed to comment on tha horrendously ugly jab that was being thrown in that sparring pic lol

the guys feet were planted together to close and he was leaning in to far what school teaches that
if pen moved otut the way that guy woulda fell on his face lol

oh as far as the knife edge for the side kick ive seen south chinese kung fu guys use it like that as well i fact wing lam demonstrated in one of his hungar videos and i saw another hung gar master use it ina kung fu tai chi special on hung gar s i guess we got the knife edge side kick from kung fu

however i prefer to do both
and if any of you had any brain cells you would know that you aim the knife edge side kick ay t soft target areas not hard one otherwise youd destroy your ankle duh!

and i was laughing at the gut for his pipi long stocking hair not the kick

functional flexibilty lmao yeah thats what i always hear stiff people say who cant do the slipts
why i do have too i have functinal flexiblity lol

i wann see your pics kwai in fact id like to see you do a side kick as high as mine
school be in this functioal flexibility lol

Old Noob
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I agree 100%. It also opens the hips up and allows a larger range of motion. I've just noticed that a lot of people who are flexible get relaxed on this point (probably because they don't have to open their hips to get a certain range of motion).

I agree with both of you. I'm fairly flexible forward and backward (and I mean fairly) but have lots of trouble with side-split-like activities. I agree with all that was said about the additional power generation and the correct striking surface associated with pointing the planted heel at the target. Plus, that let's me get a little higher. Fortunately, I'm 6'5" so I can kick head height on most people despite my inflexibility. Remember Kareem Abdul Jabar's side kicks in the Bruce Lee movie. Not flexible for Kareem, but easily head high on Bruce.

kwaichang
05-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I will tell you all where he got his side kick form it was from a pic of Bruce Lee I have seen it many times even the hands are in the smae position. As far as side kicks I assure you prior to my back injury my flexibility and kicks would cut you in half , unfortunately I am still rehabing and getting my flexibility back.
The keage or knife edge is used in snapping kicks such as Yoko Keagi Geri the heel is used in Yoko kekomi Geri or side thrist one should practice both in case you need it. KC

goju
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
god what a tard bruce lee was highly influenced by the kicks of taekwondo while he was freinds with grandmaster jhoon rhee in fact jeet kune do kicks are just taekwondo style leg techniques and since ive studied taekwondo well hmmm where did i get it from lol

oh sure the back injury gotcha

hey i got a funny question there suppose to teach iron body in shaolin do so why are those to using protection? shouldnt oso have iron shin?

goju
05-13-2009, 05:34 PM
kareem was quite agile for a man that big i was impressed

Yao Sing
05-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey with the hair comment, it's not like it's a current picture or anything. That was back in the mid 80's. Everyone had hair like that in those days. You should see what it looked like in the mid 70's. :)

Yeah, the knife edge sidekick to the soft targets. Hope you don't miss or fight a guy that moves around. :D

BTW, Oso is not in the SD camp and neither am I. Not everyone that posts on this thread is associated with SD.

goju
05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
really post the 70s one lol

no i thought your kick was good

well either way again thats saying alot about pen and shaolin do getting hit with the ugliest punch ive ever seen in my life lol

well it depnds how i use it if im just using pure goju ryu w edont kick higher than the waist to its hard to miss kicks when you aim them at the person core and legs but if use taekwondo you got to be more careful because your legs go up so much higher
bt ii can lick equally as good with both legs and because im flexible i can fire them real fast to be honest the side kicks the only kick i dont think ive ever missed lol its my favorite kick to throw

kwaichang
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
The pose that was shown was not the impact time of a tae kwon do kick unless you are a retard. The hip rolls over more and the heel is the impact point . BTW bruce lee was a friend of Jhoon Rhee but since I have met and know JR personally I do know that bruce did not get his kicks from him he in fact was a student and collegue of Chuck Norris and learned his kicks from him for the most part as far as Korean style kicks were concerned. Yes I have been rehabing my back and hips for a while it has really hampered my training. You are a real jerk and your attitude sucks. I still say you have no power and and cant kick effectively higher than your own butt. Truth hurts dont it?? KC

goju
05-13-2009, 06:23 PM
this just shows your a moron chuck norris is perhaps one the lousiest martial artist in the world to say that bruce lee would take anything from tha crack pot is immensely laughable lol the morn dosnt een say he does taekwondo or tangsoo doo he calls it karate

and the hell was the impact point in that photo anybody can clearly see that as far as your hip roll its a bogus as your functional flexibilty lol
i dnt throw it ful force because you dotn throw full force kick in the air i lifted my leg and extended it and held it long enough for a picture to be taken

again wheres your pics kwai blow me away with your kicks

goju
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
and i recal reading an interview a few years back with jhoon rhee where he says when him and bruce trained together he showed him different kicks

uh huh and yet you dont explain how you can possibly see how i have no power by looking at a photo lol nor have you explained your functional flexibilty either
in fact like the other sd people here you cant back up anything you say i have
i dont see any of you outside of judge showing pics i wonder why and his were mediocre at best

goju
05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
THIS RIGHT HERE JUST PROVES KWAI IS A LIAR AND A DOSNT KNOW JHOOON

hers a direct quote from the man in an inter view

"at the time he had almost no idea of kicks, while his hand techniques were good. by the way he had a chance too see me kick and break woods with ajumpinh licks and was much impressed by it. it was the fist time he saw such a kick. from that time on we became good freinds and he learned taekwondo kicking from me and i leanred hand techniques from him"

god it feels so good to alwasy be right

kwaichang
05-13-2009, 06:45 PM
You make more money when you say you know Bruce Lee. You are about as right as Rain KC

goju
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
lmao just admit your full of it and dont know what your talking about lol

kwaichang
05-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Optimal AROM of the hip is 45 deg in Abduction., with the total of both hips the maximal power is reached at 90 degrees or parallel with the floor every 10 degrees greater creates a loose pack position of the hips. to generate more power at higher ranges the hip has to roll over thus creating more thrust utilizing the gluteus maximus and hamstring and quadriceps , you were not demonstrating the utilization of the larger muscle groups while kicking therefore the Biomechanics were not there . You therefore had no power. Of any consiquence. You are a young argumentativwe moron who has little or no knowledge of the biomechanics of the body for power or the physics associated with it. go buy a new G string and quit MA , you are a joke. KC

goju
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
uh huh and you know all that by looking at a photo have you ever been kicked by me? like i told you only an idiot throws power kicks in the air thats how you damage your joints i put no power in that kick whatso ever i just raised it and extended it
bu then again you can cut people in half with your kicks
AND AGAIN WHY WONT YOU POST YOUR PICS?

its funny you must not be much of a martial artist to be gettinga ll these injuries and you think with the chi gung they teach at sd youd be fine

goju
05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
and why do you continually think your age makes you any better than me? the fact that after all this supposed traing you settled with shaolin do shows you havent leanred a **** thing lol

and the fact that you use your age shows you know nothing your skill should speak alone or lack thereof

by the way wheres your pics?

kwaichang
05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
No come back huh is that the best you can do, come on you can do better than that Mawhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha as you say Dip KC one injury in 38 years not bad

Tensei85
05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Somehow i think this thread is going to end very bad! but i still say you can't judge a person by what style they choose to practice or can relate too. I've met people that were in so called unsuperior forms of martial arts that could wipe the floor with most and then I've met people that were in so called "top secret" systems that couldn't fight to save there life.

it comes down to one of several things:

Maybe certain people are looking for different things besides just fighting skills (for instance a philosophy they can relate to, a hobby, health etc...)

You can't judge a system by the few representatives that you've met, you have to delve deeper into the theories and mechanics of the system to understand the formulas.

No one has the all answers of Martial Arts know how, we are all on the same path formulating as we go.

Lastly who's perspective can we actually use to rate which forms of Martial Arts are more superior than others? The truth is that its an illusion superiority never existed in the first place it was only a way for us to differentiate ourselves or make ourselves special and everyone else is "tv dinners"

That becomes an attachment and limits your growth by all dimensions.

goju
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
No come back huh is that the best you can do, come on you can do better than that Mawhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha as you say Dip KC one injury in 38 years not bad
wel its true and you still wont post your pics i wann see a lick that can cut some one in half
i posted them wheres yours

since you seem to be so knowledgeable about how a kick is thrown weres yours
i think people here wanna see it kwai

the fact that you keep avoiding it shows your a fraud gee what asuprise and you know shaolin doh whoda thunk it

goju
05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
you can see it as whatever you want and if it makes you happy go nust however as i said again and again its not shaolin and sont have the right to call it self so

goju
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
**** no picks again? shucks!

goju
05-13-2009, 08:34 PM
tick tock tick tock tick tock
its funny how you cant talk stuff but cant prove your capable yourself of doing it

i know youll never post you pics kwait because your a delusioned old man whos watched kung fu one two many times and injury sparked from alack of training

prove me wrong old boy prove me wrong if your pic isnt up by tomorrow youve shown that you talk out of your nether hole

yeti
05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
For a little while there earlier today and yesterday, I thought we were all going to start getting along.

yeti
05-13-2009, 09:01 PM
BTW, Sean: love your avatar. Six Demon Bag, sensational. What's in it, Egg?

goju
05-13-2009, 09:02 PM
i know with all this arguing what would baby jesus say
oh right
shut up kwai lol

kwaichang
05-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Go Ju are you really as dumb as you act, the only pics I have is when I was 17 or 16 years old, prob not interested, So. as you say I am old I am not , but I do know a spoiled little boy when I meet one. Most are rude inconsiderate and disrespectful and you fit most of those and more. And I will use a quote from a movie to respond to your request "my skills are not there to impress you". So say what you want and take my word for it. Because that is all you deserve. KC:):D

sean_stonehart
05-14-2009, 04:37 AM
BTW, Sean: love your avatar. Six Demon Bag, sensational. What's in it, Egg?

Wind... fire... all that kind of thing!!

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Wind... fire... all that kind of thing!!

I want one of those:)

MasterKiller
05-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Honestly, who cares about pictures of kicks or splits? Is this 1989?

You want to prove something, then put up a youtube video of a form, some bag work, some sparring....something that shows how you move.

All a picture proves is you know how to pose well.

OldandUsed
05-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Tensei85....

I agree 100%. That is the way I was taught and it is how my students are taught. Unfortunately, one of the things missing in many of today's practicioners. But then, if you do not respect yourself, you cannot respect others. That makes you a simple brawler, not a martial artist.5216

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 07:02 AM

You want to prove something, then put up a youtube video of a form, some bag work, some sparring....something that shows how you move.

All a picture proves is you know how to pose well.

D@mmit you stoled my thunder.:cool:

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Ok Cujo here's the deal.....this is turned into a p!ssing contest....everyone can post all the posey pictures they want....that is not a proof of skill (Yao yours was impressive)....it doesn't show how you move and if your utilizing the principles of the art.....anybody can pose for a picture and look like Jet Li.....a lot of people can do the splits, I have a female student who can turn her body inside out....what does that prove? She's limber....hell I'm 55 years old and can throw a reverse smash landing in full splits on both sides....so what, I worked on it.....doesn't make me Chung lee or even better than you.
Nobody here really questions your skill only your mouth.....I hope you train hard and achieve your goals....maybe you can become a great MMA someday.......first you need to learn a little respect.....you come on here like a pompous A$$ spouting out sh!t that you really have no idea about....you base everything on your experience with a school that we have no respect for as well. You don't know us or how we train....you don't know GM Sin or any of the real SD masters. How long did you actually train with the Soards anyway? If you don't like something....find something you do and do it.....leave the rest alone....you can't change the world to fit you.....you can make an A$$ out of yourself though (you do have that skill):D
BQ

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Somehow i think this thread is going to end very bad! but i still say you can't judge a person by what style they choose to practice or can relate too. I've met people that were in so called unsuperior forms of martial arts that could wipe the floor with most and then I've met people that were in so called "top secret" systems that couldn't fight to save there life.

it comes down to one of several things:

Maybe certain people are looking for different things besides just fighting skills (for instance a philosophy they can relate to, a hobby, health etc...)

You can't judge a system by the few representatives that you've met, you have to delve deeper into the theories and mechanics of the system to understand the formulas.

No one has the all answers of Martial Arts know how, we are all on the same path formulating as we go.

Lastly who's perspective can we actually use to rate which forms of Martial Arts are more superior than others? The truth is that its an illusion superiority never existed in the first place it was only a way for us to differentiate ourselves or make ourselves special and everyone else is "tv dinners"

That becomes an attachment and limits your growth by all dimensions.

Very well said....you have been taught well...Cujo, here's a TEXT book example of respect to all

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 07:31 AM
the guys feet were planted together to close and he was leaning in to far what school teaches that
if pen moved otut the way that guy woulda fell on his face lol

Well first, it wasn't a jab it was a right hook. 2nd, it was a snapshot so you get one fraction of a second. I had entered, thrown a combination which he blocked well and then he quickly moved his right foot up and slid his back foot in to quickly close the distance and land his hook. It was a very nice counter. He was not off balance and wouldn't have fallen. I was retreating following my failed combo, but I didn't get my hands up in time to block the hook, but I was fortunately moving away.

Oso used to regularly host an open sparring day at his school in Asheville. I'm sure you would be welcome since you are now critiquing non SD people as well.

sean_stonehart
05-14-2009, 07:33 AM
that is not a proof of skill (Yao yours was impressive)....
BQ

Nah you want impressive ... get Yao to post up the Tong Zi Gong posture. I've seen him slide into that after him driving for X hours to pay a visit. Made me ill to see him do that like that, but in a good way watching a KF uncle.

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 07:37 AM
Well first, it wasn't a jab it was a right hook. 2nd, it was a snapshot so you get one fraction of a second. I had entered, thrown a combonation which he blocked well and then he quickly moved his right foot up and slid his back foot in to quickly close the distance and land his hook. It was a very nice counter. He was not off balance and wouldn't have fallen. I was retreating following my failed combo, but I didn't get my hands up in time to block the hook, but I was fortunatley moving away.

Oso used to regularly host an open sparring day at his school in Asheville. I'm sure you would be welcome since you are now criticing non SD people as well.

I thought it was a right hook and a snapshot and not off balance...didn't want to answer for you;)
BQ

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Nah you want impressive ... get Yao to post up the Tong Zi Gong posture. I've seen him slide into that after him driving for X hours to pay a visit. Made me ill to see him do that like that, but in a good way watching a KF uncle.

You keep prodding him maybe he will post it...I want to see:cool:
BQ

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
I thought it was a right hook and a snapshot and not off balance...didn't want to answer for you;)
BQ

Oso is a very well rounded martial artist. CMA, wrestling, jujitsu. He moves well for a guy his size and is decptively quick. I would think twice before criticizing someone you don't know that well.

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Oso is a very well rounded martial artist. CMA, wrestling, jujitsu. He moves well for a guy his size and is decptively quick. I would think twice before criticizing someone you don't know that well.

It's easy to do that on here JP.....computers don't hit back:eek:
BQ

sean_stonehart
05-14-2009, 07:50 AM
BQ

I'm trying...

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Come on Yao post it.....I don't care if your dressed like super fly...lets see it;)
BQ

yeti
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I want one of those:)

I don't think you really want Sean's wind, take my word for it. I roomed with him in China.

sean_stonehart
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't think you really want Sean's wind, take my word for it. I roomed with him in China.

You have little room to speak little brother...

tattooedmonk
05-14-2009, 10:02 AM

All a picture proves is you know how to pose well.Thanks, exactly what I was going to post!!How do we even know it is him????

tattooedmonk
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
....at least this knucklehead has revived this thread!!:eek::confused::rolleyes::D:cool:

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Tensei85....

I agree 100%. That is the way I was taught and it is how my students are taught. Unfortunately, one of the things missing in many of today's practicioners. But then, if you do not respect yourself, you cannot respect others. That makes you a simple brawler, not a martial artist.5216

Hey Frank,
How's life treating you;)
BQ

Lucas
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
i dont train sd. but connecting with the heel on a sidekick is the same method we use in standard shaolin kicking.

the analogy someone use of a spear is right on. you connect with the heal, you have less in the way to absorb the force.

i always call into question any time anyone referes to themself as 'perfect'.

thats a red flag any way you look at it.

Lucas
05-14-2009, 10:56 AM
double post....

OldandUsed
05-14-2009, 11:54 AM
BQ,

How's it going? Just hanging out and doing my thing...as much as I am able. The Army broke me up a little. Glad to have made it to retirement.

Yao Sing
05-14-2009, 12:08 PM
BQ

I really need to do a better one as this was short notice. I've seen the Shaolin Monks twist into this then lift the extended foot. I usually start from standing on one leg and slip myother leg around and through as I drop down.

I also added the 70's hair pic for Goju. Everyone my age has a pic like this from the hippie days. :)

yeti
05-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I really need to do a better one as this was short notice. I've seen the Shaolin Monks twist into this then lift the extended foot. I usually start from standing on one leg and slip myother leg around and through as I drop down.

I also added the 70's hair pic for Goju. Everyone my age has a pic like this from the hippie days. :)

70's hair pic meets my approval - very nice!

goju
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
what a suprise no picks from kwai lol no ogf course pci of a kick isnt and end all to see how good you are however since my side kcik was supposed to so horrendous i want to see kwai sjow me the correct way lol

the fact that he wont shows hes all talk

goju
05-14-2009, 12:41 PM
okay so im the arrogant one yet kwai assumes because hes older and he automatically knows more lol
not to mention he supposedly is leaps and bounds more flexible than i am and can cut people in half with his kicks lol

outside of saying i threw a textbook side kick i have not resorted to such lunacy

certainly i beleive im beteter than any sd student but then again thats not saying much at all

i do have respect for many styles teachers etc
however i do not repect sd as a whole

like the 70s hair!

goju
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Go Ju are you really as dumb as you act, the only pics I have is when I was 17 or 16 years old, prob not interested, So. as you say I am old I am not , but I do know a spoiled little boy when I meet one. Most are rude inconsiderate and disrespectful and you fit most of those and more. And I will use a quote from a movie to respond to your request "my skills are not there to impress you". So say what you want and take my word for it. Because that is all you deserve. KC:):D

uh huh what acoincidence you havent any pics gee never would have guessed i guess well just have to rely on your word

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
certainly i beleive im beteter than any sd student but then again thats not saying much at all

Please keep thinking that. Please "beleive" that you are "beteter" than any sd student.

Lucas
05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
assuming you are better than every person from any particular style shows how much you still have to learn.

goju
05-14-2009, 02:21 PM
i assume anybody walking off the street to join sd is allready better than the the senoir students that have been there for years actually

and i know i dont believe

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 03:07 PM
BQ,

How's it going? Just hanging out and doing my thing...as much as I am able. The Army broke me up a little. Glad to have made it to retirement.

Yeah...I got about 6 or so years left....I'm ready right now.....least you will have great health care to get you through.....my sons got in 8 years now (airborne) and I hope he can hang in for the rest....he still wants to so far.....
Best to you,
BQ

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
i assume anybody walking off the street to join sd is allready better than the the senoir students that have been there for years actually

Glad to at least see you use the word assume.
BQ

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 03:31 PM

70's pic brings back a lot of great memories.....opened it first and thought hey I know that dude;)

Really nice...thanks for posting it....would like to see you do the whole form .....like all of us you look a lot different now......we all ended up conforming to society (to a point:)) eh
Best BQ

goju
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
lookin at a nice tux and am pricing wedding dresses with my fiancee lol

goju
05-14-2009, 03:40 PM
its good to see you still didnt keep the 70s hair or the socks lol

kwaichang
05-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok I think we have some one with Bipolar disorder here. How stupid is someone who has never met someone and assuming they are inept. I have no current pics I dont like cameras JP will attest to that but no matter I know what I can do and question no ones ability until I fight them. I was tought respect all and underestimate no one. Except you Go Ju cause you are an imbecile. But I suppose you might be a good dancer with a sock in your G-string TeHeheheheheh KC

goju
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
the though of you picturing me with a g string makes me regret ever posting my pics

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 03:57 PM
lookin at a nice tux and am pricing wedding dresses with my fiancee lol

Hey....take all the money you guys (her parents (assuming:D) will spend on the Dress/wedding / reception) and head to the Caribbean or Australia for a month and marry there.....just the 2 of you (it's all about you guys....the rest is just show)lasts a lot longer than a few hours and you two will have memories of a lifetime...not just a moment.
Best to you & the Bride,
BQ

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh almost forgot.....down the road if you split, at least you will have a bunch of really cool pictures of you in paradise and not tons of wedding pic's you will never want to look at again.:D
BQ

goju
05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
thats a good idea ill bring it up to her weve talked about us getting married in hawaii wherever it is she wants a small wedding just her and her kids and me and my folks :)

nah shes a keeper she actually was about to ask me to marry her but i stopped her before she could start and proposed lol

kwaichang
05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
One word prenuptal agreement OOPS sorry I mean 2 words, Believe me it is a good thing to do KC

goju
05-14-2009, 04:10 PM
nah she has more money than me right now anyway lol

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 04:13 PM
thats a good idea ill bring it up to her weve talked about us getting married in hawaii wherever it is she wants a small wedding just her and her kids and me and my folks :)

nah shes a keeper she actually was about to ask me to marry her but i stopped her before she could start and proposed lol

Well if your man enough to take on anothers kids, your not all bad in my book....I did it with my 2nd wife (of 19 years) he's 27 now and one of my best friends....still calls me dad and will get equal share with my other 2 (boys) after I pass on. My girlfriend I'm with now has 3 young ones.....I'm getting to old to raise anymore:eek:
Best to you,
BQ

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 04:19 PM

you can't know until you've crossed hands with them. but since you can't spell or even type in complete sentences, i'm not worried about what you think you know.

goju
05-14-2009, 04:19 PM
yeah lol im in my early twenties and my fiancees in her early thirties but her kids love me and all she told me she dosnt want a man to be there father but there like famaily too me so i treat them like they are my own

**** three kids lol that gots to age a man!

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
nah she has more money than me right now anyway lol

I think he meant that she should get the antinup agreement.

goju
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
you can't know until you've crossed hands with them. but since you can't spell or even type in complete sentences, i'm not worried about what you think you know.

if any of you are planning on coming to colorado or virginia where ill soon be we can cross hands (just no crossing wangs lol)or if any of you are planning on fighting light heavyweight in mma?
other than that how can we

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
yeah lol im in my early twenties and my fiancees in her early thirties but her kids love me and all she told me she dosnt want a man to be there father but there like famaily too me so i treat them like they are my own

**** three kids lol that gots to age a man!

I'm already aged:) I'm patient and good with kids....it's still to much for me and I don't foresee forever in this case......will end as friends and I will still see the kids.....I only study and teach the Internal side now.....it keeps me sane:)
BQ

goju
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
shes not a multi million dollar heiress lol besides thats a ***** move on mans part taking his womans money

if we devorce ill just take her 88 monte carlol lol jk

goju
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm already aged:) I'm patient and good with kids....it's still to much for me and I don't foresee forever in this case......will end as friends and I will still see the kids.....I only study and teach the Internal side now.....it keeps me sane:)
BQ

well its easier for me too her kids are ten and twelve i think if they were toddlers my hair would have been grey allready lol

yeti
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM

By what logic is this possible? Let's assume they learn ABSOLUTELY nothing during their tenure at SD - how is it possible for someone to get worse at martial arts? Whether or not they had any experience going in, it seems a little far fetched that they would actually get worse. By what methods outside of aging and injury do people get worse at Martial Arts, especially in your scenario, whereby the martial artist goes from being a non-practitioner to practicing something?

Oh, BTW, I'm tired of looking at all the pictures of dudes (as awesome as your 70's and 80's style was, my man). Post some pics of your fiancee, dawg.

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
if any of you are planning on coming to colorado or virginia where ill soon be we can cross hands (just no crossing wangs lol)or if any of you are planning on fighting light heavyweight in mma?

When you get to Virginia your close to the heart of SD.....in Charleston, WVa.
there's a school there, if you decide you want to check it out...let me know and I will give you contact with a guy that loves to touch hands (not to prove anything....just someone skilled to workout with......he fights MMA.
BQ

goju
05-14-2009, 04:44 PM
no way shes very very and i mean very wary about having her picture put out on the net
shes ****in sexxxxxy though man gots long black curly hair all the way down to her butt five foot one 120 pounds she fit too and shes a gear head knows all this stuff about cars and how to fix them lol

i dint see anybody improve while i was there at sd in fact all that happended was there ego got inflated to humongo sizeas they got each belt some of the most pompus muthas ive eva met were at that school
and if you think you can protect youself and you cant sheeesh you in for a rude awakining if somebody attacks you one day outta nowhere ive seen that happen before

allright baq
when i get settled ill let you know and ill let you know it would e nice to have some one i can train with too outside of a gym i have a hard time finding that

yeti
05-14-2009, 04:52 PM
no way shes very very and i mean very wary about having her picture put out on the net
shes ****in sexxxxxy though man gots long black curly hair all the way down to her butt five foot one 120 pounds she fit too and shes a gear head knows all this stuff about cars and how to fix them lol

i dint see anybody improve while i was there at sd in fact all that happended was there ego got inflated to humongo sizeas they got each belt some of the most pompus muthas ive eva met were at that school
and if you think you can protect youself and you cant sheeesh you in for a rude awakining if somebody attacks you one day outta nowhere ive seen that happen before

allright baq
when i get settled ill let you know and ill let you know it would e nice to have some one i can train with too outside of a gym i have a hard time finding that

C'mon man, don't hold out! We need the pics! We're just all a bunch of SD losers, we can't get no ladies of our own... Plus Sean's an old perv, I know he's with me. MMmmmmmm.... I wanna see dem pics... It's like old Jack Burton always says...what the hell.

goju
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
lol i want to man but i cant!!!

goju
05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
illsend apic of a part of her face but theres no way ill show her alltogether

im ending them to pens email let him post em when he gets em

goju
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
ones of her eyes and you can some of her hair lol

goju
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
the other are of her lips lol but thats all you get

there pervs

you can see shes hot just by that i think

yeti
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Is it just her eyes/lips/etc? How are we supposed to know dat shiz didn't come off the google machine on the interwebz? I get skeptical when it comes to pics of sexy cougars. She cougaring on you, BTW. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Aight JP! You gotta hook us up here man!!!

goju
05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
lolshes cougaring on me? never thought of that she looks like shes nineteen though lol in fact i told her she was too young for me when we met then she told me i was an idiot and hse was 31 lol

goju
05-14-2009, 06:05 PM
in between emailing my fiancee i xcheck the sd center in va

lmao i dont see anything different than what i saw in the soards place
what is so hard about stretching people? lol thats the root of good ma
if any bofy cant lok at photos of their blacbelts and be impressed then i feel sorry for you

i meanlook at them lol
this reminds me of that remark william cheung made to all those old wing chun masters who were trying to challenge him
"it looks like you could use a work out'

yeti
05-14-2009, 06:29 PM

if any bofy cant lok at photos of their blacbelts and be impressed then i feel sorry for you

i meanlook at them lol
this reminds me of that remark william cheung made to all those old wing chun masters who were trying to challenge him

Seriously? We're back on this again? I thought we'd all just let bygones be bygones and scope out your cougar in relative peace and harmony.

And WTF is this sheeyut about flexibility? It's like I told my last wife, I says "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides that, it's all in the reflexes." I was pretty hammered drunk when I said that to her, but thinking back, I find there's a lot of wisdom in those words. Who knew?

Baqualin
05-14-2009, 06:32 PM

i meanlook at them lol

Don't know about the Va. School....I mentioned West Va. there's plenty in the area close by to keep you busy.....MMA and more.....Oso's school might be more fun than you think.

goju
05-14-2009, 06:46 PM
oh yeah iw a schecking out the mma gyms and its packed lol there so many good schools to choose from i think hopefully i can find a goju dojo as well

lol what the hell are you talking about yet!?

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 07:19 PM

What part of virginia?

Judge Pen
05-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for sending me the pics of you fiancee, but if you can e-mail them to me, you can post them here. My wife is starting to wonder why I'm getting sent pics of a woman's eyes and lips......

goju
05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
oh lmao sorry about that judge pen know i sent them from my cellphone lol my email is wonky right now so i can send pics and yeti was so curious about what she looked like lol

well ive asked her if she wants to stay there and she wants to move down to virginia beach so well see

yeti
05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
lol what the hell are you talking about yet!?

Honestly I'm just trying to keep things interesting since you won't STFU and quit beating the dead horse which is your superiority over SD and how bad you hate SD. You think they suck. You think you're the isht. It's cool, I get you man, I think I'm the siht too, so at least I can understand that.

It's just getting a little tired and we're never gonna make it to 20,000 posts this way. I mean, I been reading this thread since the **** internet was invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1492 when he sailed the ocean blue, and trust me when I say, it's been covered. But what hasn't been discussed is your cougar, and associated pics.

So let's all come together and take a look at some sweet pics of your lady, maybe some more funky 70's and 80's kung fu siht would be great too. I just hope JP doesn't try to be all mature and shti and refuse to post off-topic pics.

yeti
05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for sending me the pics of you fiancee, but if you can e-mail them to me, you can post them here. My wife is starting to wonder why I'm getting sent pics of a woman's eyes and lips......

lol sorry JP - don't wanna get you in trouble.

goju
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
lmao i put mu fiancee on them so just tell her your freind sent you pic of his new fiancee hahahahah

**** since alexander graham bell you say!!!

goju
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM
aw come on you think this threads gonna die
when humans are extinct all that will be left for aliens to find is this thread lol

yeti
05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
aw come on you think this threads gonna die
when humans are extinct all that will be left for aliens to find is this thread lol

Then I'm afraid they will likely feel justified in having vaporized us all.

goju
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
and all of us are going to be on here until we are elderly lol

Yao Sing
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Speaking of the elderly, if you don't mind looking at grandmas then here's my sparring partner on the beach at Cozumel.

sean_stonehart
05-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Speaking of the elderly, if you don't mind looking at grandmas then here's my sparring partner on the beach at Cozumel.

Y'oughta try the beach across the channel at Playa... oh my...

Baqualin
05-15-2009, 04:49 AM

You just keep showing off...don't you.:D

OldandUsed
05-15-2009, 05:01 AM
BQ...

Hang in there, there is life after the Army. Hope you son stays the course and stays safe. God bless.

yeti
05-15-2009, 09:00 AM

Yao Sing is setting a stunning example of the type of constructive contributions to this thread that will keep things interesting. Well done, sir! I applaud your efforts, and if I may I'd like to make a request for more from the 70's and 80's, kung fu related or not.

Beats the hell out of crap like this:
"ZOMG I onec tim e sawed a grup of SD stoodents and I beat da sheeyut outt aall of em. I hitted teh furst won and she wus onlee 10 yrs old so hse dropped lik a sak of monkee turdz an then I beatup all teh rest of the jr blak blets, man that systimn sux cuz I put teh smalkdown on there blak betls. When I lookd at teh pics on the webz, i loled in reel life cuz their a pathetical joke."

sean_stonehart
05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Speaking of the elderly...

Make space in your in box ... :D

Tensei85
05-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey Yaosing,
anymore grandma's where you found that one?

tattooedmonk
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Yao Sing is setting a stunning example of the type of constructive contributions to this thread that will keep things interesting. Well done, sir! I applaud your efforts, and if I may I'd like to make a request for more from the 70's and 80's, kung fu related or not.

Beats the hell out of crap like this:
"ZOMG I onec tim e sawed a grup of SD stoodents and I beat da sheeyut outt aall of em. I hitted teh furst won and she wus onlee 10 yrs old so hse dropped lik a sak of monkee turdz an then I beatup all teh rest of the jr blak blets, man that systimn sux cuz I put teh smalkdown on there blak betls. When I lookd at teh pics on the webz, i loled in reel life cuz their a pathetical joke."LMAO . I like this last bit !! I feel like we have been argueing with a ten year old.

What does having the ability to hold a side thrust have to do with martial skill?? I know people that do yoga and ballet that can do that, does this mean that they are superior martial artist??

I want to see this guy in action. hell I would like to see him challenge any of the masters!!

Taht wuold b funni!!!

Tensei85
05-15-2009, 02:58 PM
LMAO . I like this last bit !! I feel like we have been argueing with a ten year old.

What does having the ability to hold a side thrust have to do with martial skill?? I know people that do yoga and ballet that can do that, does this mean that they are superior martial artist??

I want to see this guy in action. hell I would like to see him challenge any of the masters!!

Taht wuold b funni!!!

Or just post a vid of him throwing the same kick. So we can see his dynamic expression of course!

goju
05-15-2009, 03:39 PM
i have no clue how to post a video to tell you the truth or post aphoto if i idnt have the camera phone i wouldnt have my ppictures up at all lol

id honestly like to spar with any master of any style just to see! itd be fun!
but when shaolin do gets one let me know!

goju
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
i can just make a video with a camecorder of me doing my stuff and send it to one of you guys if you want id plannd on eventually doing that anyway to get my name out there and then maybe some one can post it on youtube for me

good luck with ya boy and the army!

Yao Sing
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Goju, I'll post your stuff if you want to send it to me. Let me know and I'll give you my email.

Now back to some 70's stuff. My old chopper, definitely 70's style. Daughter was born in 1976 so this is late 70's. 1972 Honda CB750F,

Yao Sing
05-15-2009, 06:45 PM
And to spur some Kung Fu talk I posted this a few years ago when someone asked about using Plum Flower Poles.

I built my portable set with pvc from Home Depot and it's easy enough to make up a routine or just practice random moves. I don't have much in the way of KF video.

Have at it.

Opps, had to add it back to youtube. Don't know why it's not there anymore. Here's the new link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foSQV-G3Vq0).

Can't say I haven't contributed.

goju
05-15-2009, 06:46 PM
now that takes some skill lol

goju
05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
i used to be able to balance on a brick stood vertically in the one leggged buddha praying positon but ive been lazy with that and need to get back on it

have you ever fallen on one of those poles lol i was imppressed with the pics though!

yeti
05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice pics, thank you! I think you even pacified GoJu for a minute. I like getting some martial arts photos, that's a good idea with the PVC posts. I like the 70's photo too, sweet chopper man.

kwaichang
05-16-2009, 05:45 AM
I really enjoyed the pics I like your MC I have one too but not an antique/ I am saving for an Indian I hope one day. I like the posts was that 3 or 4 inch PVC good idea though mind if I copy. ?? WEll Go Ju see we arent all inept and bad guys KC

BTW I stretched out this am at 6 45 and got the full split both right and left front sides are still a little short right now but I think I got 165 deg with my chest on the floor with the side split , just thought Go Ju might be curious not bad after an injury and at 50 yrs old.

One student
05-16-2009, 06:30 AM
1. Who remembers the posts put in the old sand volleyball area behind the Sportscenter in Lexington? About a dozen of them, 12 inch diameter, 2-4 ft off the ground (various heights) if I remember correctly. Did we not train on them wearing those homemade platform shoes, and carring the pickle buckets full of water?

2. Also: How can that be TCMA -- he's wearing khakis from JC Penney. They didn't have khaki's from JC Penney in Shaolin. Its got to be a fraud! (YS - I hope you see my tongue in cheek -- I love your form and traiing ingenuity).

kwaichang
05-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Do you have a BB no 3.95 at JC Penney HaHa KC

Tensei85
05-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Traditionally does anyone remember if there is a set number as to how many Mei Hua Jong there are supposed to be?

Baqualin
05-16-2009, 01:28 PM
And to spur some Kung Fu talk I posted this a few years ago when someone asked about using Plum Flower Poles.

I built my portable set with pvc from Home Depot and it's easy enough to make up a routine or just practice random moves. I don't have much in the way of KF video.

Have at it.

Opps, had to add it back to youtube. Don't know why it's not there anymore. Here's the new link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foSQV-G3Vq0).

Can't say I haven't contributed.

Nice!!! That's just what I've been looking for.....I'm making some of those to use with my Baqua students......a lot less work than pouring concrete into flower pots and a he!! of a lot easier to put away:eek: hope you don't mind...I already have them holding postures on weighted sports balls....this will be great for their circle walking:cool:
BQ

Baqualin
05-16-2009, 01:32 PM
1. Who remembers the posts put in the old sand volleyball area behind the Sportscenter in Lexington? About a dozen of them, 12 inch diameter, 2-4 ft off the ground (various heights) if I remember correctly. Did we not train on them wearing those homemade platform shoes, and carring the pickle buckets full of water?

HAHAHAHA.....I forgot about those fuking shoes:D weight vest have replaced the buckets.

2. Also: How can that be TCMA -- he's wearing khakis from JC Penney. They didn't have khaki's from JC Penney in Shaolin. Its got to be a fraud! (YS - I hope you see my tongue in cheek -- I love your form and traiing ingenuity).

jakfjfk;jk;

kwaichang
05-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Did you guys see the post about the Lost Shaolin Temple on the Forum look at it it gives SD history some credibility as I am sure many will argue its validity. KC

goju
05-16-2009, 05:32 PM
lol yeah sure it does

Yao Sing
05-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I thought I had a list of parts because I was going to write up some instructions for the project but I can't find them anywhere.

I posted this now and originally so that others can make them for practice so run with it and be creative.

Most of the connections have been glued together so it doesn't fall apart while jumping around on them but I left thee center unglued so I can fold them up, or seperate into 2 pieces, for storage.

I'll see if I can write up the parts list and basic instructions. I'll also post video of a practice routine if anyone needs something to get started. The video I put up was just an example because someone had asked what can you do on them.

Maybe I should start building them and selling on Ebay. :D

kwaichang
05-16-2009, 06:27 PM
See I knew that would bring Go Ju out of the woodwork. It talks about the Fujien Shaolin Temple pretty interesting so Go Ju why dont you disproove the article BwaHahahahahahahah KC

yeti
05-16-2009, 06:40 PM
lol yeah sure it does

Now now GoJu! You'd done such a good job of not antagonizing KC over the last 24 hours... Let's not backslide back into that old BS, especially when I pretty much summed it all up in that unintelligible paragraph in one of my last posts. C'mon man, you're better than that! Maybe if you say something nice to KC then he will say something nice to you and then you will have planted the seed. Maybe you should tell KC that you admire that he continues to train with such dedication at 50? A lot of guys that age have gone to seed and can't do squat for exercise, but he's sticking with it. Then maybe KC will return with something nice about you. Then we roast marshmallows.

goju
05-16-2009, 07:00 PM
i donr see the point lol and im called arrogant now sd is traced back to some lost temple gasp! could it be a temple from atlantis!!!!!!!

thats why sin knows 900 forms hes an devine being from the sunken civilization!!!!

i sw the article dosnt have anything to do with sd not to mention that sd dosnt even remotely resemble fukien martila arts

trust me i know goju ryu is mainly drawn from that region

wheres the marshmallows?

kwaichang
05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
THe point is that SD traces its origins to a temple in the Fujien Province a Shaolin Temple all have said the temple does not exist well thas article , if true, is an example of how SD can trace itself to the Shaolin Temple maybe not the well known one but history is skewed and I dont believe any of us have all the facts. So the more I learn the more I feel the history is 75% true. And I have spoken with GMT and have found no flaws in his "story" of SD and its history. If a person lies then the lie will bite them his story has stayed the same. It is others that have changed it not him. So I ask Go Ju to disprove the origin of SD and therefore the history of SD. He cant so he wont. no one can KC

yeti
05-16-2009, 07:24 PM
i donr see the point lol and im called arrogant now sd is traced back to some lost temple gasp! could it be a temple from atlantis!!!!!!!

thats why sin knows 900 forms hes an devine being from the sunken civilization!!!!

i sw the article dosnt have anything to do with sd not to mention that sd dosnt even remotely resemble fukien martila arts

trust me i know goju ryu is mainly drawn from that region

wheres the marshmallows?

You don't get any goddam marshmallows! You have to be nice and pay a compliment to KC and start to get along! Until then, no one gets marshmallows! I will turn this car around and we will go back home! No dessert for you! No Christmas either! And if you can't be nice to others, I'm taking Hanukkah away too!!!! :mad:

goju
05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Your not my father!!!! Ma told me i was the mail mans!!!!

goju
05-16-2009, 07:37 PM
i allready have how many times do i have too
firstly know one outside of sd circles even knows who the hell sin kwang the is

two it is impossible to know 900 forms i dont care if you started at the age of three forms are not taught until you have completely mastered them. look at choy lay fut for example theres around what a hundred forms and i recall a leading grandmaster of the style saying even if you start young youll be lucky if you learn the whole system so 900 lol be real here

three even on sin kwang the site the website is called sin kwang thes karate!!! DI YOU KNOW THAT!! but yet they teach shaolin........ okay

three man owns over a hundred"dojos" impossible all the quality masters only have a hand full of students this is aa classic and obvious sign of a mcdojo

and again with the uniforms and the names how would calling it shaolin do hide it from the indonesians ITS STILL CALLED SHAOLIN !!!!! lol
and know they dont wear karate like uniforms they wear tiger claw karate uniforms you can buy on a link to this site lol

the notion that they changed their names to hide it from the indonesians a lie
one they would have just taught in secret. which most kung fu masters did(they didnt exactly advertise in the phone book back in the day ya know)
and two when sin came to the united states he would have dropped the kata ippon kumite etc etc and still not be claiming it karate to this day

now im gonna check on my fiancee ill finish later

goju
05-16-2009, 07:48 PM
oh yes lets forget about the harry dog man kung fu master who some how was alinated from soceity yet has pictures taken of him wearing western attire

or the fact that shaolin do had forms like meteor fist and golden leopard which no ther shaolin branch even acknwoledges as beingan actual form

and add to the fact that they list xingyi tai chi pak kua as being shaoil when it is doaist lol

even you yourself admitted your only seventy percent convinced of the arts historical cliams if the arts history is rubbish then the art itself is rubbish as well

shaolin do dosnt resemble southern kung fu in the least and as has been noted before there is absolutely no proof from anybody including sin kwang the that what he teaches is shaolin. and why cant he prove that?

in fact i know for a fact they call it shaolin do so they cant be sued by the temple for being frauds because there can always be some legal jargin used to say oh no they never claimed its shaolin its shaolin DO lmao

god there are more holes in sd than swiss cheese

or yetis underwear lol

yeti
05-16-2009, 08:37 PM
god there are more holes in sd than swiss cheese

or yetis underwear lol

I been nothing but nice to you man, despite the fact that you are raping English language grammar and style. I even tried to be nice about the fact that you sound like a broken fuking record with this ish, and try and keep things cordial. And your mother put the holes in my underwear when she took them off using her teeth.

goju
05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
whats english style lol

like my mother has any teeth lol

kwaichang
05-17-2009, 05:31 AM
When I w/o I wear Chefs pants!! yeah they are baggy and loose and are not cut like these modern uniforms. So I guess since I use Chef pants I am a Cook instead of a MA. You may think that but my french pastries are superb , haha. You wrote 70% when I said 75% and what I feel is right is skewed by history not GMT. You also said you could prove something then doit dont just say it. BTW it was called SD since the early 80's or late 70's. The ST wasnt even caring about the name at that time. . Also SD doesnt resemble Southern Kung Fu because it is more than just that. It is traced back to more than one temple. This is all I am going to say if Go Ju wants knowledge he is going to have to read the thread and learn, much like he has learned his MA from reading. KC

shen ku
05-17-2009, 05:44 AM
everyone always makes the big deal about using the words karate or shaolin...
i often think of how when GMS came to the U.S. that karate was i much more well known word in the use and was used to think of ALL eastern martial arts.. so i would think it could have been used to help people to understand what was going on?

and i also often think the work shaolin was an unknown thing by most people in this country at that time, so i feel it was most likely used because THATS WHAT IT WAS. I mean why elsa would you begin using that if no one would have known what you were talking about. So i feel at that time there was no benifit to using the name of shaolin? but i was what was.

another thing i have seen and wonder if any one elsa has ever seen this....
i have ran across a few books form the late 60s early 70s where a master teaching a kung fu style had all of his students wearing GIs,, thats what was in the pics, now the teacher was in fogbuttons but his students wore GIs? i alway just that they use what they could get at the time...

and on belts.........please just look around,,,,,,,,i run across alot worse **** then that from many so called quality schools...

Judge Pen
05-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Nice!!! That's just what I've been looking for.....I'm making some of those to use with my Baqua students......a lot less work than pouring concrete into flower pots and a he!! of a lot easier to put away:eek: hope you don't mind...I already have them holding postures on weighted sports balls....this will be great for their circle walking:cool:
BQ

We would use paint buckets for may flower excercises, circle walking, various push up training and one leg squats. Works well in a pinch.

goju
05-17-2009, 09:52 AM
lol the xcuses made to try to make sense out of the history and the style lol

its still circle talking from you guys

kwaichang
05-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Does anyone on here own a Shaolin MA uniform // How is it made etc??? KC

kwaichang
05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
JP I have PM for you clear some space KC

One student
05-17-2009, 02:23 PM
"HAHAHAHA.....I forgot about those fuking shoes weight vest have replaced the
buckets." (Baqualin)

I still have the shoes. And the buckets. And the weight vest.

And Dr. Yang Jwing Ming's book on Emei Baguazhang has a post pattern and walking path between and around the posts, and prescribes a circle of bricks to walk upon, also with weights in each hand while doing so -- like the buckets.

yeti
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM

I own one, an orange one, which I bought at the Shaolin Temple when I was in China. I don't train in it (never have), but it makes a great Halloween costume. It's a somewhat durable cotton/poly blend I believe. If I recall correctly it's mostly poly/other synthetic, which is another reason I don't train in it, as cotton is easier to care for. It's basically a top and a bottom, both orange, elastic waist and ankles on the pants, which are virtually identical to the pants worn in most Chinese martial arts. Really the only difference between the Shaolin pants and karate pants is the open ends of the karate pants. The top folds one end over the other in similar fashion to the karate gi top. It is roughly as long as a karate top and stitched more or less identically. Tying a sash around the waist rather than a karate belt and wearing the long socks and kung fu shoes, along with the orange color, helps make them look more different than the karate uniform, but having worn both I can tell you they are pretty **** similar. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 03:26 PM
I learned everything I know now just by watching this video.

I'm amazing. Now you can be amazing, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccF50ssJKVA

goju
05-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Lmao!!! Shaolin wookie!!!!!!! I almost feel off my chair

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 03:34 PM
BTW, Barack Obama owns up to the world's #1 lineage controversy.

You don't...hate America....do you, Goju?:(

SOMEBODY BOO THAT MAN!!!!

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!":mad:

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Lmao!!! Shaolin wookie!!!!!!! I almost feel off my chair

If you're a parapalegic, and it happened to be a wheelchair, I hope you at least learned how to carthweel back into it.

goju
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
oh yeah and technically the karate uniforms werent originally karate uniforms
krate is from okinawa not japan and thus is not a japanese art like many think
and when the okinawans were trying to introduce karate to japan the japanese didnt really get it
so they okinawans used the japanese uniforms and the belt system from judo and used japanese names to ease krate along and the japanese excepted it

traditionally there is no karate uniform the okinawans were very casual about teaching and didnt even have names for their kata or moves

goju
05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
god your going to catch so much **** from these guys for calling that master shaolin wookie lol
im just going to sit back and watch the train wreck

goju
05-17-2009, 03:40 PM
of course not the only thing i hate are ugly women and the english lol

goju
05-17-2009, 03:43 PM
thats a nice tie you got there in your pic shaolin wookie lol where you get that at? nordstrom?

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
oh yeah and technically the karate uniforms werent originally karate uniforms
krate is from okinawa not japan and thus is not a japanese art like many think
and when the okinawans were trying to introduce karate to japan the japanese didnt really get it
so they okinawans used the japanese uniforms and the belt system from judo and used japanese names to ease krate along and the japanese excepted it

traditionally there is no karate uniform the okinawans were very casual about teaching and didnt even have names for their kata or moves

You're deluded. You have no idea about history whatsoever. Karate is from okinawa, true; and maybe they didn't even have names for katas or their moves.

But I bet they had a name that was pretty close in meaning to "d0uchebag." Not that this has anything to do with the present argument. I'm just really into etymology.

Oh, and your history is warped because the Japanese were in league with the Nazis, and Emperor Hirohito suppressed the truth and redrafted all of Japan's textbooks. But here, I'm going to let you into the real secret:

The Japanese are actually Chinese.

See, sic probo: gi's are actually Chinese by default, because the Japanese are really from China. Any questions?

goju
05-17-2009, 03:49 PM
god **** ive been exposed
this calls for a shaolin show down!!
get in your fighting stance

no fireballs croutching tiger hidden dragon flying are the only rules

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 03:49 PM
thats a nice tie you got there in your pic shaolin wookie lol where you get that at? nordstrom?

I don't know....I found it in your mom's closet. I guess it belonged to your dad. BTW....you never told me she had an English accent....but you did tell me she was a lot prettier than she actually is. That's okay. At least she isn't one of them bald chicks. She makes up for the "look" deficit with good old enthusiasm and a willingness to experiment.

Oops...I didn't see your post above. I'm sorry. That explains a lot.

BTW, I own a private practice. I can give you counseling if you need it. I see you're located in "mommy's house".....

I'll drop by later for a house call. And I'll see if I can answer some questions for you, too.

goju
05-17-2009, 03:54 PM
for uour information my mother looks like steven tyler from aerosmith lol

hey question for you when it rains do you smell like a wet dog?

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
for uour information my mother looks like steven tyler from aerosmith lol

hey question for you when it rains do you smell like a wet dog?

Only when I'm in the company of little b1tches. I guess it rubs off on me when I put 'em to heel.

goju
05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
question do you or do you not have a tail?

does it also wag when your happy

goju
05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
who would win in a fight between you and chuck norris?

god im in the presence of a grand ******* i mean grandmaster what do i ask?!

isnt it hot in south china howd he live with all that hair?
why didnt he cut it off gut of course no sd student will answer this

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
question do you or do you not have a tail?

does it also wag when your happy

Ask your mom.

Hey. I gotta go, Goju. I'll see you around. I was bored, I came to this website, and hey....now I'm even boreder. BTW, "boreder" is French for "Awesome."

If you spell that backwards, you get a German word: "Rederob." I think it means retard.

See ya later, Rederob.

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 04:05 PM
who would win in a fight between you and chuck norris?

My Awesomeness can neither be created nor destroyed. My Awesomeness would subsume Chuck Norris, and we would become truly "boreder." (EDIT: In this one case only, where "boreder" is used as the rare Norris predicate, "boreder" means "Totally Rad").

goju
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
okay i tghink your shift starts at burger king say hi to grandmaster si for me while your there!

metaana aratnuui esaeach aran ireinn tuath danna luantgh

i could tell you what this means but i just made it up so i cant lol

see ya wookie im gonna go call my fiancee

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
god im in the presence of a grand ******* i mean grandmaster what do i ask?!

Well, the tinman asked for a heart....the lion asked for courage. I don't know, scarecrow.....whaddya in the market for?

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 04:10 PM
see ya wookie im gonna go call my fiancee

He said yes? Now, I consider myself a pretty conservative fella, and I know it stands against everything I believe in, but I just can't begrudge Maine for its new gay marriage laws.

I just love newlyweds. *sniffle*

goju
05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
yes im engaged now so that means i can no longer put my ***** in you

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
yes im engaged now so that means i can no longer put my ***** in you

Whatever happened to You? Did he end up going back to China? I remember when you used to tell me all about him when we played cards on the milk crates behind Burger King on the morning shift. I thought you and You would really go the distance.

Oh well. You look like you're doing well for yourself. Man...f%*k You...ya know? I'm sure this new guy is a much better match for you than You could ever be.

bodhi warrior
05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Wookie, your hilarious dude. You had me rollin. I sure did miss your wit.

Yao Sing
05-17-2009, 05:07 PM

I own one, an orange one, which I bought at the Shaolin Temple when I was in China. I don't train in it (never have), but it makes a great Halloween costume.

Yep, I bought one while I was there the first time too and so far only wore it for Halloween at work one year.

It has a different feel than a Gi but it's cut from the same pattern.

My KF is awesome when I have it on but I can't move for crap once I take it off. It's all in the uniform you know. I get really rigid and talk funny when I wear a Gi. :D

goju
05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
maybe one day you can get your girlfreind fro under your bed inflate her and you two and my fiancee can go out on a couples date

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
maybe one day you can get your girlfreind fro under your bed inflate her and you two and my fiancee can go out on a couples date

Maybe you want to recheck your math.

1+1+1 does make three, but only in Special Ed.

goju
05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
yeah thats weird i have to wear some type of loose pants to kick well if i wear shorts my kicks suck

goju
05-17-2009, 05:20 PM
just because shes made out of latex dosnt mean shes not aperson wook god your so ensensitive

Yao Sing
05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah, that was a joke.

Plus I meant to say I grunt a lot when I wear a Gi. :D <- <- <-

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
yeah thats weird i have to wear some type of loose pants to kick well if i wear shorts my kicks suck

Are those rubber pants? And what's wrong with your shoes? Just tell your mom to get you some new kicks--you don't have to wear your heels everywhere, you know. Sometimes a girl just has to know when to wear flats.

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
just because shes made out of latex dosnt mean shes not aperson wook god your so ensensitive

Are you implying that, somehow, I'm actually in sensitive? Like, I've managed to get inside sensitivity? That's an amazing concept.

Please, hit me with some more brain teasers. Dude, you rock!!!

goju
05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah but then i blow all my money and dont got anew dress to wear

yeti
05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
My KF is awesome when I have it on but I can't move for crap once I take it off. It's all in the uniform you know. I get really rigid and talk funny when I wear a Gi. :D

I once punched through a man's chest while wearing a karate gi, but wore a chinese style uniform when I went to apologize to his family. His wife was a real bish about the whole thing, so I decided to just punch through her chest too, but found that I couldn't do it with a kung fu uniform on? So thanks for letting me know about that weird instance. I think I'm going to wear a Chinese style uniform from now on, for the safety of those around me...:cool:

goju
05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Are you implying that, somehow, I'm actually in sensitive? Like, I've managed to get inside sensitivity? That's an amazing concept.

Please, hit me with some more brain teasers. Dude, you rock!!!

well you are the greastest shaoilin master that has a genetic hair deformity lived in the woods but walked around with a suit on and that ever lived so that shouldnt be a suprise

goju
05-17-2009, 05:28 PM
well ill be a son of a bish

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:29 PM
yeah but then i blow all my money and dont got anew dress to wear

Remember that time when we were at Panda Express on our lunch break and you got that fortune in the cookie that said: "Sometimes blowing and money go hand-in-hand. But they have to go in that order."

I think someone's trying to tell you something.

A world full of new dresses is basically at your fingertips. That, and a scorching case of Herpes.

(BTW, feel free to substitute "fingertips" with mouth. But only if you really want to).

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
well you are the greastest shaoilin master that has a genetic hair deformity lived in the woods but walked around with a suit on and that ever lived so that shouldnt be a suprise

Not true. Bigfoot isn't called Bigfoot because he has big feet. He's a Shaolin master, too. He was the monk who created kicking. And in the woods, we wear suits. "Suits" happens to be Botswanian for "Karate Gi." Suits are Chinese, but only because Karate gi's are chinese, and the Japanese are really CHinese. It all makes sense, but you have to be fluent in Tibetan to grasp its essence.

goju
05-17-2009, 05:36 PM
arent we all chinese on the inside?

yeti
05-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Not true. Bigfoot isn't called Bigfoot because he has big feet. He's a Shaolin master, too. He was the monk who created kicking. And in the woods, we wear suits. "Suits" happens to be Botswanian for "Karate Gi." Suits are Chinese, but only because Karate gi's are chinese, and the Japanese are really CHinese. It all makes sense, but you have to be fluent in Tibetan to grasp its essence.

I know Bigfoot. In fact, I trained with him for several hundred years.

- yeti

goju
05-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Remember that time when we were at Panda Express on our lunch break and you got that fortune in the cookie that said: "Sometimes blowing and money go hand-in-hand. But they have to go in that order."

I think someone's trying to tell you something.

A world full of new dresses is basically at your fingertips. That, and a scorching case of Herpes.

(BTW, feel free to substitute "fingertips" with mouth. But only if you really want to).

yeah but then you come home from work with a sore mouth and a sore a nus who wants that lol

Shaolin Wookie
05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
arent we all chinese on the inside?

No. I'm 100% Awesome.