PDA

View Full Version : Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 07:42 PM
and isee your master taught you maturity too lol! I am giving you what it is that you have given us.

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 07:43 PM
sure you did
because i feel like it thats why lol i also called this forums magazine kung fu qigong
am i somehow discracing my karate heritage by saying chi?
chi
chi
chi
chi
chi
chi
and you dont use iron palm as a general term nut job iron plam is a chinese technique simple as that OH OOOOOOKAAAAAYYY!!!!:rolleyes::eek:

goju
05-30-2009, 07:43 PM
You f#cking retard , I was talking about your posts regarding GOJU RYU / OKINAWAN ARTS .:rolleyes: I have a brown belt student that weighs about a hundred pounds and is a woman who could kick your @$$

how ami supposed to prove it? yes let me get chojun miyagi on here and we can ask him lol

wo you give away brown belts an d you arent even a master huh well as long as you stay one lesson ahead of the student i guess it works out lol

goju
05-30-2009, 07:45 PM
i am giving you what it is that you have given us.
lmao!!!!! An i dont understand proper english^^^^^ what the bloody hell is this yoda!!!!

goju
05-30-2009, 07:54 PM
...i think tatooed monk went into cardiac arrest

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
how ami supposed to prove it? yes let me get chojun miyagi on here and we can ask him lol

wo you give away brown belts an d you arent even a master huh well as long as you stay one lesson ahead of the student i guess it works out lol You keep making statements about Okinawan arts and have yet to post a source, period.

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:05 PM
lmao!!!!! An i dont understand proper english^^^^^ what the bloody hell is this yoda!!!!
read it in the proper context

goju
05-30-2009, 08:09 PM
really where? when you banged on about tiger not influencing goju ryu i gave a direct qote from the head grandmaster of goju ryu saying just what i did yet you discredited that in an attempt to try to save face

geez excessive pride as well didnt learn anything form kung fu training did you?

goju
05-30-2009, 08:10 PM
read it in the proper context
thats which is this is that which is that lol

goju
05-30-2009, 08:12 PM
back on topic anybody else mention how that shaolin big foot tai djin looks EXACTLY THE SAME as a famous circus freak in china way back named li bashou or something like that?

also notice how there is no record of a hairy shaolin master in the fukien region?
think looking like that and walking around in a spiffy bepoke suit would get a lad noticed lol but yet nones ever heard of the fella

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
really where? when you banged on about tiger not influencing goju ryu i gave a direct qote from the head grandmaster of goju ryu saying just what i did yet you discredited that in an attempt to try to save face

geez excessive pride as well didnt learn anything form kung fu training did you?post your sources.

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:43 PM
back on topic anybody else mention how that shaolin big foot tai djin looks EXACTLY THE SAME as a famous circus freak in china way back named li bashou or something like that?

also notice how there is no record of a hairy shaolin master in the fukien region?
think looking like that and walking around in a spiffy bepoke suit would get a lad noticed lol but yet nones ever heard of the fella

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmexactly the same ?? I think not

goju
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
i allready did
post your sources on you bogus iron pal linients in karate or post your proff that there is no tiger in goju ryu
or better ye why dont you post the website to your school/

as for the latter i beginning to think you dont have one

goju
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
exactly the same ?? I think not

wow you think? im sure thats novel for you lol

Kansuke
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Wow. Best of luck to you guys if you intend to continue trying to communicate with this illiterate little turd.

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:51 PM
i allready did
post your sources on you bogus iron pal linients in karate or post your proff that there is no tiger in goju ryu
or better ye why dont you post the website to your school/

as for the latter i beginning to think you dont have oneno , you didnt.Here ya go . moron. www.thewayofshaolin.com

goju
05-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Wow. Best of luck to you guys if you intend to continue trying to communicate with this illiterate little turd.
tatoo dosnt want to comunicate he wants to have a shaolin show down lol

goju
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
here ya go . Moron www.thewayofshaolin.com

bawhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
amodern and scientific approach to martial arts!!!!!
Gee soutern and northern styles too
and kickboxing
what lese did you have fat camp?

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow. Best of luck to you guys if you intend to continue trying to communicate with this illiterate little turd.Its actually kinda fun, then he turns it all around and says that I am the one who is immature and know nothing.:rolleyes::confused::eek::D:cool:

goju
05-30-2009, 08:54 PM
no , you didnt.Here ya go . moron. www.thewayofshaolin.com im so gonna prank call the **** out of you now lol

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:55 PM
bawhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
amodern and scientific approach to martial arts!!!!!
Gee soutern and northern styles too
and kickboxing
what lese did you have fat camp?just what I expected.

goju
05-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Its actually kinda fun, then he turns it all around and says that I am the one who is immature and know nothing.:rolleyes::confused::eek::D:cool:
you dont your kowledge of krate is worth fluck all
oh yeah but you have those "two freinds" who do karate iron palm lol

tattooedmonk
im so gonna prank call the **** out of you now lolmake the call then, DOUCHE BAG

goju
just what I expected.

no no its seems like a real good mcdojo i mean school lol

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
DERDERDERDERDERDERDER :eek::confused::rolleyes::):p:o:(:cool::D

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
no no its seems like a real good mcdojo i mean school lolOh , you hurt my feelings.:rolleyes:

goju
05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
really you think fat camp would keep you tough lol
wheres your pic i want o see this guywhos going to kick my ass lol

goju
05-30-2009, 09:01 PM
how would you like to have soeone calling you asking if your refrigerator is running 100 times during the day lol

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
how would you like to have soeone calling you asking if your refrigerator is running 100 times during the day lolthats what your posts are .

goju
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
are you mark wright!!!! lmao i just saw your pic
your not even in shape and you wann go knuckles with me lol

god i can alrready look at you and tell you suck!

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:05 PM
really you think fat camp would keep you tough lol
wheres your pic i want o see this guywhos going to kick my ass lolI wouldnt just kick it !!!

goju
05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
sou you just basically teach a big mish mash of stuff according to your website wow im impressed

you know alittl ebit of this alot of that and a bit of the other lol

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
are you mark wright!!!! lmao i just saw your pic
your not even in shape and you wann go knuckles with me lol

god i can alrready look at you and tell you suck!where??? I am more than in shape to kick your @$$ like hacky sack.

goju
05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
lol your as bad as in kwang the
you know drunken tiger system eagle claw praying mantis wing chun hung gar lol

buulllllllllllllplop!!!!!!!! its impossible to know that many styles marky marky mark

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:10 PM
sou you just basically teach a big mish mash of stuff according to your website wow im impressed

you know alittl ebit of this alot of that and a bit of the other lolNo, I teach a variety of different things to a variety of different people.
Most of the things that I teach are connected by a common thread. But I wouldnt expect you to know that.

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:11 PM
lol your as bad as in kwang the
you know drunken tiger system eagle claw praying mantis wing chun hung gar lol

buulllllllllllllplop!!!!!!!! its impossible to know that many styles marky marky mark Where did you get your info and my pics??

goju
05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
all you have is 20 plus years in martial arts and you learned ALL THOSE STYLES!!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
god and for a secong there i thought maybe youd actually be somebody

goju
05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Where did you get your info and my pics?? shaolin mafia

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:16 PM
exactly what I thought . you have nothing . Say what you want, think what you want , but you are still a chicken sh!t keyboard warrior.

goju
05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
"sifu mark has studied under many of these teachers for various( see extremely short) periods of time in seminars and under direct supervision. sifu mark continues to study all their notes, BOOKS! AND VIDEOS!!!!!"

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH YOU ARE TEACHING PEOPLE OUT OF A BOOK AND VDEO YOU BOUGHT

mcdojo stamp on this biatch!

goju
05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
hes supposed to have studied under twelve masters
and know over a dozen different styles in only around twenty years lol

goju
05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
kwai please dont be as dissapointing as this guy lol

Facepalm
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey Goju,

I dont think ill be able to get anybody other than me to come out next saturday. Im not really good friends with any of the advanced students and I dont think Id be able to convince them to do it anyway. I will be there though next saturday. Ill pm you.

I began training 1 year ago. I'm sure that your skills are better than mine but as I said before; I think that sparring people better than yourself is the best way to learn. This should be fun, and then I can report honestly about your skills to the people on this forum.

Since flying to places for sparring matches seems a little ridiculous and im in your neighborhood ill do what I can. This forum has been entertaining so I thought Id add to it. :):):);):D

goju
05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Lol im laughing so har di think my colon fell out!!!

Im off to bed
thank you tat i was feeling blue do to some personal stuff but this completely cheered me up

see goes to show you not completely useless marky

goju
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey Goju,

I dont think ill be able to get anybody other than me to come out next saturday. Im not really good friends with any of the advanced students and I dont think Id be able to convince them to do it anyway. I will be there though next saturday. Ill pm you.

I began training 1 year ago. I'm sure that your skills are better than mine but as I said before; I think that sparring people better than yourself is the best way to learn. This should be fun, and then I can report honestly about your skills to the people on this forum.

Since flying to places for sparring matches seems a little ridiculous and im in your neighborhood ill do what I can. This forum has been entertaining so I thought Id add to it. :):):);):D

oh no thats cool man you seem like a nice guy and all so its fine we can have a freindly sparring match
allrighty then ill wait for the pm thanks alot!

Yao Sing
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Man did this thread go downhill. I didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong.

Anyhow, like I said before Karate peeps don't use jow when conditioning. Probably gets the makiwara all soaked and mushy.

I don't know why other than hearing that they were copying what they saw and never learned about the jow. Also heard the Chinese intentionally withheld that knowledge when teaching any Japanese.

AFAIK this is common knowledge in the Karate world, I thought the MA world in general but I guess it never reached the SD crowd. Before I got into Chinese arts I played some TKD, Shotokan and Kenpo Karate and never knew about the jow.

I also did some conditioning without it breaking boards (thin ones, nothing impressive) with my fingertips and patio blocks with my wrist. Didn't do it for a long time though so I can't speak to any long term damage.

Mike Reeves (http://www.mikereevesonline.com/) holds the record for the most consecutive boards broken and I don't think he uses any jow. I don't know for sure though but I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him.

Here (http://www.mikereevesonline.com/contact.html) he talks about conditioning with no mention of any liniment.

So yes, Goju is correct when it comes to Karate conditioning exercises although I don't claim to be any kind of expert on it. I suspect if any of them do use jow it's a fairly recent addition.

His other claims about diet and such are all his and I know nothing about any of that stuff. You can agree or disagree all you want about benefits of jow for conditioning but the bottom line is he's just passing along info as he knows it so I don't see why he's getting crap for that issue.

goju
05-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Man did this thread go downhill. I didn't think it could get worse but I was wrong.

Anyhow, like I said before Karate peeps don't use jow when conditioning. Probably gets the makiwara all soaked and mushy.

I don't know why other than hearing that they were copying what they saw and never learned about the jow. Also heard the Chinese intentionally withheld that knowledge when teaching any Japanese.

AFAIK this is common knowledge in the Karate world, I thought the MA world in general but I guess it never reached the SD crowd. Before I got into Chinese arts I played some TKD, Shotokan and Kenpo Karate and never knew about the jow.

I also did some conditioning without it breaking boards (thin ones, nothing impressive) with my fingertips and patio blocks with my wrist. Didn't do it for a long time though so I can't speak to any long term damage.

Mike Reeves (http://www.mikereevesonline.com/) holds the record for the most consecutive boards broken and I don't think he uses any jow. I don't know for sure though but I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him.

Here (http://www.mikereevesonline.com/contact.html) he talks about conditioning with no mention of any liniment.

So yes, Goju is correct when it comes to Karate conditioning exercises although I don't claim to be any kind of expert on it. I suspect if any of them do use jow it's a fairly recent addition.

His other claims about diet and such are all his and I know nothing about any of that stuff. You can agree or disagree all you want about benefits of jow for conditioning but the bottom line is he's just passing along info as he knows it so I don't see why he's getting crap for that issue.
yeah preach it brotha!!!!!

goju
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
i know what mad house this place is sheeeeeeeeeeeyit! i thought i was just going to state my experience with sd and leave! lol i didnt realize how butt hurt some people can get
but at least face plam and yao sing were cool guys so what the hell

goju
05-30-2009, 09:41 PM
and i will say this for the last mo' ****in time i do like dit da jow and i believe that an the other chinese herbs of conditioning are excellent however i dont use them and my master didnt either nor have any other old school masters i know of and we are fine

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 09:44 PM
"sifu mark has studied under many of these teachers for various( see extremely short) periods of time in seminars and under direct supervision. sifu mark continues to study all their notes, BOOKS! AND VIDEOS!!!!!"

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH YOU ARE TEACHING PEOPLE OUT OF A BOOK AND VDEO YOU BOUGHT

mcdojo stamp on this biatch!typical, taking things out of context. Keep going ........A third of them were my teachers in SD the rest are people that I got specific material that I wanted to add to what I had already learned. BFD People that are smart and want to know more about that which they study take notes , read books and watch videos.

shen ku
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
somebody needs to slow down i can't keep up with all of this

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 10:54 PM
hes supposed to have studied under twelve masters
and know over a dozen different styles in only around twenty years lolNot all of them were masters. I have been studying since I was 9 So I have about 29 years experience.I learned multiple things from multiple people and thought I would give them the due credit and respect that they deserve.

Mr I learned from my uncle and he learned from ??????? and I can only try to make fun of others so that I can try and cover up all of my problems :(:(:(

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 10:56 PM
and i will say this for the last mo' ****in time i do like dit da jow and i believe that an the other chinese herbs of conditioning are excellent however i dont use them and my master didnt either nor have any other old school masters i know of and we are fineyour master?? I thought he was your uncle?? you have five years experience and you are sitting here laughing and trying to discredit me?? LMAO

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 10:58 PM

His other claims about diet and such are all his and I know nothing about any of that stuff. You can agree or disagree all you want about benefits of jow for conditioning but the bottom line is he's just passing along info as he knows it so I don't see why he's getting crap for that issue.Just because he didnt say anything about using jow doesnt mean that he doesnt. By the look of his hands, I would say he doesnt. He uses spacers and keeps F#CKING up his hands. So much for that method.

tattooedmonk
05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
you send a private message make sure you have something to say. COWARD

Baqualin
05-30-2009, 11:03 PM

I don't think most are questioning that Karate doesn't use jow.....it's just his attitude and the fact he's a idiot....and yes this thread has gone way down hill....childest.......

On another note when we first starting striking the makiwara years ago it was made of redwood so it was soft...we didn't use jow...as we moved into more intense training (oak & other things) we started with the jow. Now if you take it to deformation of joints as some Karate and even some Chinese practioneers do, well it's obvious that's not good. Everybody knows the Chinese master that carries a steel plate around with him beating on it........his knuckles stick out 2 inches....that's fuked up
BQ

Yao Sing
05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Yep, Mike's hands are nasty looking. He has trouble writing. Personally I wouldn't do but he's into the whole Guiness Book of World Records and all.

I'll see if I can find video of his record attempts. He did one recently here (his school is in Apopka, FL for you local guys) and he basically uses his hand like a club and just whacks each stack of boards and quickly moves to the next stack. Some break clean through, others topple over unbroken.

Afterward his hand looked like hamburger. I'm sure he uses something on it in the days following so it heals somewhat. But like I said, I don't know for sure that he doesn't use jow but I really don't think he does. If I'm in his school are any time soon I'll stop in and find out.

But that's my point, they use brute force and tough it out. I prefer the Chinese method myself. So Goju is correct in what he's telling you guys. He's just guilty of telling it in a way that irritates you guys. :)

Facepalm
05-31-2009, 01:31 AM
you send a private message make sure you have something to say. COWARD

was that directed at me :confused:

I only was trying to show you that it was easy to find more info based off of the link you posted......

Im sorry If I offended

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Couldnt do it could you Goju could you , you said you would stay away but couldnt I know who you are and feel "itistime for you to leave"
Willow Sword

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 05:43 AM
If you arent WS then I appologize to him. But I dont think I would dissapoint you heck I wouldnt dissapoint you in a sparring match even now without being 100%. KC

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 06:45 AM
www.okinawabudokai.org/files/Dojo_Newsletter_June_2007.pdf

Goju has been ill trained as this letter from the above site talks of the use of liniments before and after Makiwara training. Another miss by Goju KC

goju
05-31-2009, 07:48 AM
im not running around teaching am i petunia?

Baqualin
05-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Couldnt do it could you Goju could you , you said you would stay away but couldnt I know who you are and feel "itistime for you to leave"
Willow Sword

Willow has never hid behind another name and I Don't think he would...besides I think he has made peace with his self.
BQ

goju
05-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Not all of them were masters. I have been studying since I was 9 So I have about 29 years experience.I learned multiple things from multiple people and thought I would give them the due credit and respect that they deserve.

Mr I learned from my uncle and he learned from ??????? and I can only try to make fun of others so that I can try and cover up all of my problems :(:(:(
hey i dont know of some of those people you leraned from or supposedly learned from either dose that mean they dont exist would expect you to know sung cho millions od people didnt hell i never met him lol

goju
05-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Willow has never hid behind another name and I Don't think he would...besides I think he has made peace with his self.
BQ
seriously guys im not any other poster from before lol

goju
05-31-2009, 08:02 AM
www.okinawabudokai.org/files/Dojo_Newsletter_June_2007.pdf

Goju has been ill trained as this letter from the above site talks of the use of liniments before and after Makiwara training. Another miss by Goju KC
nope sorry like yao said if they use liniments its a new thing not a traditional one

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:05 AM
was that directed at me :confused:

I only was trying to show you that it was easy to find more info based off of the link you posted......

Im sorry If I offended
No , I got one from the douche bag at the same time.:cool:

goju
05-31-2009, 08:05 AM
Yep, Mike's hands are nasty looking. He has trouble writing. Personally I wouldn't do but he's into the whole Guiness Book of World Records and all.

I'll see if I can find video of his record attempts. He did one recently here (his school is in Apopka, FL for you local guys) and he basically uses his hand like a club and just whacks each stack of boards and quickly moves to the next stack. Some break clean through, others topple over unbroken.

Afterward his hand looked like hamburger. I'm sure he uses something on it in the days following so it heals somewhat. But like I said, I don't know for sure that he doesn't use jow but I really don't think he does. If I'm in his school are any time soon I'll stop in and find out.

But that's my point, they use brute force and tough it out. I prefer the Chinese method myself. So Goju is correct in what he's telling you guys. He's just guilty of telling it in a way that irritates you guys. :)
these guys just want to try to argue with me about every little thing to try to "discredit" me some how lmao

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:07 AM
hey i dont know of some of those people you leraned from or supposedly learned from either dose that mean they dont exist would expect you to know sung cho millions od people didnt hell i never met him lol then you shouldnt go spouting off then should you??Once again , if you took the time to research then you would know who these peole are , now wouldnt you???

Baqualin
05-31-2009, 08:10 AM
seriously guys im not any other poster from before lol

I believe you.

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:10 AM
these guys just want to try to argue with me about every little thing to try to "discredit" me some how lmao
Because you make blanket statements, speak in absolutes, have no resources to back up your claims , you are extremely disrespectful and totally immature etc.

goju
05-31-2009, 08:15 AM
i am your the one whos trying to argue with a KARATEKA about karate for crying out loud lol
and yet with all your rediculous bullocks your posting on here ive never seen your source for any of this
and no your anus is not a reliable source so dont list it on here lol

goju
05-31-2009, 08:16 AM
I believe you.

why thank you

goju
05-31-2009, 08:17 AM
then you shouldnt go spouting off then should you??Once again , if you took the time to research then you would know who these peole are , now wouldnt you???
dont really care the mere fact that youve had about a dozen masters and know these many different styles screams mcdojo marky!

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:26 AM
i am your the one whos trying to argue with a KARATEKA about karate for crying out loud lol
and yet with all your rediculous bullocks your posting on here ive never seen your source for any of this
and no your anus is not a reliable source so dont list it on here loldude , you are 22 with five years in and barely know$H!T about what you are talking about then all of a sudden you come here and start bashing our art then talk a whole bunch of **** about GMT and all of us.

I have to draw the line somewhere . You came to us we did not come to you . We were drilling you about your art to see what you did or did not know . As you can see there are exception to every rule . You have yet to show us where you get your info from . KC found a school OKINAWA BUDOKAN that does makiwara training and uses linaments in their practice . It does not say as to whether this is a new addition or part of the original training curriculum . I know and believe that some karate practioners learned the proper way and passed down theses secrets others did not. If you didnt come here with a chip on your shoulder daring us to knock it off then most likely people wouldnt have sided against you.You still have a lot to learn

goju
05-31-2009, 08:29 AM
my whole five years in goju is worth way more thna the jumbled mess your supposed to know at least i stuck with a style not hop around from master to master lol
so i never said all krate peope dont use jow you sill ******* i said its not a traditional method why do you think so many karate masters knuckles are deformed because they use so much jow!!

ugh!!!
slaps tat on the back of the head

goju
05-31-2009, 08:30 AM
dude , you are 22 with five years in and barely know$H!T about what you are talking about then all of a sudden you come here and start bashing our art then talk a whole bunch of **** about GMT and all of us.

I have to draw the line somewhere . You came to us we did not come to you . We were drilling you about your art to see what you did or did not know . As you can see there are exception to every rule . You have yet to show us where you get your info from . KC found a school OKINAWA BUDOKAN that does makiwara training and uses linaments in their practice . It does not say as to whether this is a new addition or part of the original training curriculum . I know and believe that some karate practioners learned the proper way and passed down theses secrets others did not. If you didnt come here with a chip on your should daring us to knock it off then most likely people would have sided against you.You still have a lot to learn
oh just bloody admit you didnt know that we dont use jow and be done with it lol
god have some humility and admit you were incorect sonny

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:31 AM
dont really care the mere fact that youve had about a dozen masters and know these many different styles screams mcdojo marky!Oh yes you do or you wouldnt keep riding it if you didnt. Once again they were not all masters . Like I said a third are SD/ CSC masters or instructors( MY MAIN TEACHERS).I took some seminars and classes from these people to improve what I had already learned. Think what you want , you know nothing. You have no honor, no respect and are a disgrace to all martial artist.

goju
05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
you took a few s eminars and then went to teach what you just learned!
ahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahaha

scam artist mofo

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
oh just bloody admit you didnt know that we dont use jow and be done with it lol
god have some humility and admit you were incorect sonnyYou may not but others do , it has been proven.

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:43 AM
you took a few s eminars and then went to teach what you just learned!
ahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahaha

scam artist mofoNo, I learned from these specific people about arts I already knew . I wanted to specialize in them , quit trying to turn everything around. You see, if you knew anything about what I learned in SD ( up to 6th black material ) you would know that there is a lot to cover . I went to these other teachers to inhance and perfect the material I already learned. Yeah I learned some new forms and material but I do not teach much of it yet because it is still new to me. ( examples ; Wing chun and Hung Gar). Only a moron would limit as to how much and how many people they can learn from.You see when you learn a few styles and are disciplined you can learn more , there is this thing called skill transfer. There is considerable over lap in CMA. One art/ styles / system connects to next ,they have multiple common threads. But I wouldnt expect you to know anything about that........

goju
05-31-2009, 08:52 AM
wel lets toos out yousd training because its all ade up rigaaroll
lets go to the other stuff how long did you train?

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 08:58 AM
wel lets toos out yousd training because its all ade up rigaaroll
lets go to the other stuff how long did you train? Speak english.I have been doing MA for 29 years I have been doing SD since 1990, you do the math.I have been doing other CMA for the past 8

goju
05-31-2009, 09:01 AM
So most of your training is moot then sd from 1990 lol

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 09:53 AM
www.kungfusupply.nl/sekkohsam/combat_pong.htm This is an interesting link it speaks of Higaonna the original founder of Go Ju and how he used liniments for hand conditioning. KC

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey TTM read this one "thank ya thankya very much" Elvis KC

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 10:09 AM
www.kungfusupply.nl/sekkohsam/combat_pong.htm This is an interesting link it speaks of Higaonna the original founder of Go Ju and how he used liniments for hand conditioning. KCTotally Awesome!!! Good Job KC!!!

goju
05-31-2009, 10:12 AM
its an interesting site but again its just an internet site old boy! how reliable is it!
im back and forth on here so i didnt get to read it all
saw the thing about conditioning all four knuckles though and this is supposed to be from at least what ive been taught wrong

thring and pinkie finger knuckles are supposed to be connected with your heart therfore you dont strike with them my uncle told me this and ive heard morio higaonna sensei say the same thing :)

goju
05-31-2009, 10:17 AM
and if higaonna uses herbs good for him wether you like it or not its still not tradtional method fellas

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Ok we have a person who is in a major state of denial. This is from, oh just read it. All the info on the diet is on the internet as well I guess that isnt true either. As far as striking wing chun as taught by yip man taught to hit with the last 3 knuckles. The reason many karate styles strike with the 1st 2 knuckles is it lines up the Radius with a more direct attack. The optimal way to punch biomechanically is with 3/4 pronation or the thumb joint at 45 degrees the japanese changed the traditional vertical fist to fully pronated so the radius and ulna would overlap thus creating 2 bones in alignment instead of one. Also to effect the Heart meridian the point has to be struck pretty much directly. GO BACK TO YOUR UNCLE AND PUNCH HIM HE HAS DONE YOU A DISSERVICE KC

goju
05-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok we have a person who is in a major state of denial. This is from, oh just read it. All the info on the diet is on the internet as well I guess that isnt true either. As far as striking wing chun as taught by yip man taught to hit with the last 3 knuckles. The reason many karate styles strike with the 1st 2 knuckles is it lines up the Radius with a more direct attack. The optimal way to punch biomechanically is with 3/4 pronation or the thumb joint at 45 degrees the japanese changed the traditional vertical fist to fully pronated so the radius and ulna would overlap thus creating 2 bones in alignment instead of one. Also to effect the Heart meridian the point has to be struck pretty much directly. GO BACK TO YOUR UNCLE AND PUNCH HIM HE HAS DONE YOU A DISSERVICE KC
lol i know that wing chun stylist hit with the last three knuckles whats your point?
no we strike with the first two because the last two aresuposed to be hazardous to your health! i have adirect qoute from morio higaonna stating this
and iid bet he knows more than some delusional old man whos watched one two many episdoes of kung fu lol

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 10:39 AM
The force is directed up the ulna and fifth metacarpal if this breaks it is known as a Boxers break. That is why it has nothing to do with anything else the biomech are there because they are based on Shaolin Wu Shu etc etc. And I would bet as far as physiology and somethings I do know more than him. KC

goju
05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
The force is directed up the ulna and fifth metacarpal if this breaks it is known as a Boxers break. That is why it has nothing to do with anything else the biomech are there because they are based on Shaolin Wu Shu etc etc. And I would bet as far as physiology and somethings I do know more than him. KC
yes yes hitting with the first too is usefull for what you noted too i agree but the main reason is it is beleived you hit wit the first two is due to health safety

i think saying you mo more than anybody is amusing quite frankly

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 10:50 AM
He trys to turn everything around and then adds some little quip when something is found that contradicts what he has posted. It usually has something to do with how you are old , or something about your training or whatever??

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Just saw that TTM I never said I know more than anybody KC

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM
How many disorders this guy ( GOJU) has and how many have been diagnosed. It is obvious that he has ADD / ADHD among others. Somebody get this kid some meds!!!

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Just saw that TTM I never said I know more than anybody KC
You dont???:eek::p;):D:cool:

goju
05-31-2009, 11:06 AM
He trys to turn everything around and then adds some little quip when something is found that contradicts what he has posted. It usually has something to do with how you are old , or something about your training or whatever??
really where you guys are th eone who keep trying to twist my words and try to argue on a subject you know nothing about

yes an internet site that proves a lot lol

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 11:12 AM
you have done that all by yourself. We are still waiting for your sources of info. You stated your source (morio) and then you find out that he uses Jow and then all of a sudden you are back peddaling. Besides websites what other form of resource do want us to use , seeing as we are on the net and hundreds if not thousands of mile away from each other???

goju
05-31-2009, 11:37 AM
where am i back peddaling lol i never said morio said not to use jow kwai claiming that the only reason we hit with the first two knuckles is false the main reason is due to the last two knuckles are connected to your heart and i took that from morio you stooge

why do i care? lol your the one whos so desperate to prove yourself to me me sparring faceplam saturday will be all i need :)

Judge Pen
05-31-2009, 11:46 AM
and? this somehow makes you knowledgeable on what we are talking about how lol?

god this is aas bad as penn claiming doctors an pofeesors cant be scammed lol

I didn't claim that. Find the post and quote it and I'll apologize.

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 11:46 AM
So you are going to spar a guy with 1 years experience and that is supposed to proove something. The punching with the last 2 or 3 knuckles affects the heart ????? What a joke I guess that is why yip manb died so young from heart disease. KC

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 11:48 AM
You think SD people are brain washed look at your statements about the heart and Jow and diet preventing OA and whew there are too many to count KC

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey JP whats up this pm KC

Judge Pen
05-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey JP whats up this pm KC

Autumn's napping right now and then we were going out to look at a couple of open houses. I was training with my spear yesterday and Autumn wanted her own so I made her one. She's got the "la na cha" down pretty good for her age!

Judge Pen
05-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Man, this thread has gone down-hill quickly. I wish that TTM would just ignore goju because this is not going to be productive. I did like seeing Mas Judt ringing in. Always good to get his insight.

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I went out back asnd did some stance training boy my right glute / hs sure are weak compared to left KC back hip injuries are a ***** KC

goju
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
So you are going to spar a guy with 1 years experience and that is supposed to proove something. The punching with the last 2 or 3 knuckles affects the heart ????? What a joke I guess that is why yip manb died so young from heart disease. KC
why do i get the feeling this bloke with i year experience is more talented than two delusional old men?

look ita direct qote from higaonna sensei
lets see
higaonna random oldfool
higaonna random old fool
higaonna random old fool

hmm who to believe

shen ku
05-31-2009, 12:05 PM
maybe because your to dumb to know any better??

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Mine are awake now and want to go to Chucky Cheese , I would rather spar
Go ju than that it would be easier KC

goju
05-31-2009, 12:08 PM
lol see this is whats wrong with you guys
take the jow thing for example i never said it wa ineffective just noted tradtionally we dont use it and you and marky explode on here whining "OH WHAT NOW YOU SAY JOW DOSNT WORK HOW DARE YOU!!!!!" lol when ie said nothing of the sort

for christsake slook at marhy trying to start in over me faling on a skateboard lmao!

you guys just dont have the balls to come down to kc to spar you challenged me therefor eits up to you to show up here but since you wont youd rahter jsut try to start an argument over any petty thing lol

kwaichang
I dont think Higaonna is a random old fool I am sorry you do , Go Ju KC

goju
I dont think Higaonna is a random old fool I am sorry you do , Go Ju KC
i was referring to you as random old fool you random old fool lol

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I told you November KC

shen ku
05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Petty thing = gujo............................

goju
05-31-2009, 12:26 PM
uh huh im sure youl show up lol

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Man, this thread has gone down-hill quickly. I wish that TTM would just ignore goju because this is not going to be productive. I did like seeing Mas Judt ringing in. Always good to get his insight.I have . I am bored with it now . I will keep responding to your post and everyone else though, is that ok??:p:):D:cool:

goju
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
nah you dont have it in your marky mark you got exposed as amcdojo boy

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
I didn't claim that. Find the post and quote it and I'll apologize.I already cleared you on this one . I never said that, but said that people that are education are less likely to be scammed. Not that it couldnt happen though. People that are educated are more likely to do research before they commit to anything.

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 12:38 PM
From your backround and training in PT & MT are you able to see postural distortions , muscular imbalances, relative flexability, over compensation etc, in addition to whether exercises are being done right , how they will hurt you or help your training ETC.???

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:39 PM
I have friends in Denver I am going to ask off the first weekend or so in November I have sparred and fought some bad dudes before I have won a few and lost a few so I am not worried. I havent got to hit anyone for a while and look forward to meeting you. KC Dont wus out.

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 12:40 PM
maybe because your to dumb to know any better??this about sizes it up!!!

goju
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
i have friends in denver i am going to ask off the first weekend or so in november i have sparred and fought some bad dudes before i have won a few and lost a few so i am not worried. I havent got to hit anyone for a while and look forward to meeting you. Kc dont wus out.
aahahhahahahahahahahhaa

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
I have done PT and training for so long I go to the mall and see abnormalities in gait and can peg 95% of the time what they have wrong. I like to test but can spot alot. For fun i will guess the sport people are involved in by their muscular developement etc. KC
That is why I was talking about functional flexibility and limitations with Go Ju

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:44 PM
"When people tell me I should control my violent temper I just go berserk" Billy Jack or KC my fav saying

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
me too. Although I am not as OLD as you are :p and do not have your experience.:eek:

So, you can tell which muscles are weak and which ones are tight by the way they stand and move just by looking and also having them do certain tests; strength , flexibilty and balance etc, Correct??

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes for example a person will often have decreased hip e-rot with LB injuries so to compensate they will walk with that leg ext rotated during stance phase etc. Lot more to it than that though , WHY KC

goju
05-31-2009, 01:03 PM
I have done PT and training for so long I go to the mall and see abnormalities in gait and can peg 95% of the time what they have wrong. I like to test but can spot alot. For fun i will guess the sport people are involved in by their muscular developement etc. KC
That is why I was talking about functional flexibility and limitations with Go Ju
oh dont start in with that functional fleibiblty is jusy something people say when they are to stiff to do the splits lol

goju
05-31-2009, 01:04 PM
me too. Although I am not as OLD as you are :p and do not have your experience.:eek:

So, you can tell which muscles are weak and which ones are tight by the way they stand and move just by looking and also having them do certain tests; strength , flexibilty and balance etc, Correct??
oh i noticed that with that pic of you on the rock on your web site lmao

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes for example a person will often have decreased hip e-rot with LB injuries so to compensate they will walk with that leg ext rotated during stance phase etc. Lot more to it than that though , WHY KC I was just proving a point that I made a while back. Do you see people with these problems in your school?? Do you believe that the training that is done within SD is beneficial to overcoming postural distortions, muscle imbalances, relative flexibilty, Etc.????

goju
05-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Ahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha yeah right!!!

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Sure but the basic stance and hold work is lacking. The philosophy seems to be to do a stance X # of times the more you do it the better it will be. This is true to a point but if the basic core work / stance training is lacking then short comings occur. I like the Mantis stance routine on both sides with 20 -30 second holds about 10 reps to start with. KC

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Sure but the basic stance and hold work is lacking. The philosophy seems to be to do a stance X # of times the more you do it the better it will be. This is true to a point but if the basic core work / stance training is lacking then short comings occur. I like the Mantis stance routine on both sides with 20 -30 second holds about 10 reps to start with. KCSo, someone that has these issues, you would recommend a corrective exercise regimine, focusing on the core muscles within the lumbo pelvic hip complex, what about myofascial releasing techniques???

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 03:09 PM
What issues are you speaking of KC

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 03:16 PM
What issues are you speaking of KC Adducted and externally rotated knees, externally rotated flat feet, Anterior pelvic tilt. Etc

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 03:30 PM
what is the cause accident genetic etc. KC

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 04:12 PM
what is the cause accident genetic etc. KCI was just posting examples of issues I run into all the times. I am just seeing if we are on the same page.I understand that some issues can not be corrected if there is certain genetic issues and or accidental disfigurements. Generally speaking though , do you think most postural distortions and muscular imbalances can be corrected with the proper time and effort put on a specific corrective exercise regimine and myofascial releasing techniques???,

BentMonk
05-31-2009, 04:28 PM
I was just posting examples of issues I run into all the times. I am just seeing if we are on the same page.I understand that some issues can not be corrected if there is certain genetic issues and or accidental disfigurements. Generally speaking though , do you think most postural distortions and muscular imbalances can be corrected with the proper time and effort put on a specific corrective exercise regimine and myofascial releasing techniques???,

I have had experience training people with very diverse physical and mental challenges. The proper instruction and exercises are a must of course, but in the end the success often depends more on the will power of the person and the effort they're willing to put forth. There will be definite limits to be sure, but IMO they should be pushed as far as possible, as often as possible. :)

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Tibial torsion can be caused by W sitting as a youth for too long typically this is difficult to correct and may require surgery, anterior tilt is due at times to increased lordoses of the LB and maybe due to tight hip flexors Thomas stretch with over pressure may help to change this along with MFR /deep tissue to the low back / quadratus Lumborum. Theres more to it than that though I believe structural chaNGES CAN OCCUR OVER TIME JUST LIKE FLEXIBILITY CAN BE INCREASED OVER TIME. Oops sorry about the cap lock KC

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 04:56 PM
I have had experience training people with very diverse physical and mental challenges. The proper instruction and exercises are a must of course, but in the end the success often depends more on the will power of the person and the effort they're willing to put forth. There will be definite limits to be sure, but IMO they should be pushed as far as possible, as often as possible. :)That's where a good teacher comes in.:) I believe that most of us have the will its just a matter of finding the right person to show us the way.

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Tibial torsion can be caused by W sitting as a youth for too long typically this is difficult to correct and may require surgery, anterior tilt is due at times to decreased lordoses of the LB and maybe due to tight hip flexors Thomas stretch with over pressure may help to change this along with MFR /deep tissue to the low back / quadratus Lumborum. Theres more to it than that though I believe structural chaNGES CAN OCCUR OVER TIME JUST LIKE FLEXIBILITY CAN BE INCREASED OVER TIME. Oops sorry about the cap lock KCCool . I like talking shop with guys who know what I know and more. It gives me great insight and is very humbling. I have been having a discussion in another forum about this subject and most agree with me but others are " my sifu said".....BLAHBLAHBLAH. Times have changed and there is more scientific data to substantiate why you should or shouldnt do something , how to change these issues and how to do exercises properly etc. Thanks for your responses.

goju
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
god just when i thought this thread couldnt suck more lmao

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Thats right and then you came back Go Ju , try to add something positive next time, or is all this too far above your head? KC

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
The most prevalent injury in SD and other CMA is the SI dysfunction and L5 S1 disk problems with assoc soft tissue tightness and imbalances like quad to H/S ratio being the most common. KC What do you think Go Ju does the aponeurosis of the muscle have anything to do with this ??? I will give you time to look this one up. hahahahah KC

kwaichang
05-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Ill give Go Ju all night to respond and look that one up. KC

Yao Sing
05-31-2009, 06:28 PM
The most prevalent injury in SD and other CMA is the SI dysfunction and L5 S1 disk problems with assoc soft tissue tightness and imbalances like quad to H/S ratio being the most common.

I have a herniated disk, L5 S1, with the one above it decreased to about half normal. Recently went through a series of decompression treatments which helped quite a bit. I'm trying to get it paid off so I can do another series (21 sessions).

I also have an inversion table but hate it so much I can't get a consistent schedule going and I've been loading up on glucosamine, MSM and chondroitan.

Been laying off the Kung Fu and will probably get back to the Ashtanga Yoga routine I used to do but I need to find out what's going to help and what to avoid first.

Got any suggestions for exercises?

tattooedmonk
05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
The most prevalent injury in SD and other CMA is the SI dysfunction and L5 S1 disk problems with assoc soft tissue tightness and imbalances like quad to H/S ratio being the most common. KC What do you think Go Ju does the aponeurosis of the muscle have anything to do with this ??? I will give you time to look this one up. hahahahah KCAs a matter of fact I have had this problem myself. I will wait to respond anymore about this. You might want to help him out with the abbreviations and such, oh wait he is in nursing school so he should be able to figure it out.

goju
05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
if you can find amster to teach you sanchin that will build your body back yao!
i remeber this one aricle long ago in my old black belt magazine how a cancer patient used it to recover from having having surgery after he got cancer! in was back in the dojo after two weeks

Baqualin
06-01-2009, 05:11 AM
I have a herniated disk, L5 S1, with the one above it decreased to about half normal. Recently went through a series of decompression treatments which helped quite a bit. I'm trying to get it paid off so I can do another series (21 sessions).

I also have an inversion table but hate it so much I can't get a consistent schedule going and I've been loading up on glucosamine, MSM and chondroitan.

Been laying off the Kung Fu and will probably get back to the Ashtanga Yoga routine I used to do but I need to find out what's going to help and what to avoid first.

Got any suggestions for exercises?

Yao,
Do you know Tai Chi or Bagua?
BQ

Baqualin
06-01-2009, 07:17 AM
god just when i thought this thread couldnt suck more lmao

another quoteAhahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha yeah right!!!

And you wonder why your attacked here......they were having a serious conversation and you jump in with smart a$$ed post...all you want to do is start trouble and expect people to take you seriously:rolleyes:
BQ

Yao Sing
06-01-2009, 07:40 AM
I know some Tai Chi, mostly Yang, but I have trouble with some of the moves these days. Unfortunately just about anythng I do will irritate my back so I pay for it later on at night.

I also know a few sets with breathing/tension moves like Sanchin.

A friend suggested Zhang Zhuan but I can't stand for very long. I just wish I could stretch it more but I'm too dang flexible. Bringing my knees to my chest feels good but not enough, I have to put my knees behind my shoulders to feel any real stretching.

I'm just looking for all the suggestions I can get in case there's something I don't know about. Most likely it will be a mix of things to get me back in working order.

Baqualin
06-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I know some Tai Chi, mostly Yang, but I have trouble with some of the moves these days. Unfortunately just about anythng I do will irritate my back so I pay for it later on at night.

I also know a few sets with breathing/tension moves like Sanchin.

A friend suggested Zhang Zhuan but I can't stand for very long. I just wish I could stretch it more but I'm too dang flexible. Bringing my knees to my chest feels good but not enough, I have to put my knees behind my shoulders to feel any real stretching.

I'm just looking for all the suggestions I can get in case there's something I don't know about. Most likely it will be a mix of things to get me back in working order.

I've had some similar problems with my lower and upper back...Baqua (the original form) has helped me the most....it constantly aligns, rotates the spine strengthening the muscles supporting the vertebra which helps maintain your posture......Tai Chi will do the same if you mirror your form (Baqua does this naturally)....also until you gain some strength back take out the postures that you have a hard time with.

With that said KC is the most qualified regarding this...he has helped me more than once.
BQ

kwaichang
06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Yao if you want to PM me and let me know the type of pain and where etc I will try to be of help to you KC

goju
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
who said i expect people to take me seriously so far the only guy on this thread outsid eof mylf that seems to know anything is yap a;; of you are a bunch of delusional old ****s who are drinking to much of the kool aid sd spreads around

let me know if you got my pm face palm thanks brother

kwaichang
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Go Ju if you you want to have a real MA discussion w/o all rules except one, NO REFERENCE MATERIAL, that means we discuss MA w/o help you up for it all are welcome by the same rules. KC

kwaichang
06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Ready set Go 1st question. Who was the leading Kempo stylist of the US in the 1960's KC

LaterthanNever
06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
"THe point is that SD traces its origins to a temple in the Fujien Province a Shaolin Temple"

Ta-da! Shaolin TEMPLE! Shaolin is a PLACE. A place from which many styles emanated from. To call Shaolin a STYLE is like calling a house(the actual structure) a family. One is where the family lives the other is the people.

And to say as someone mentioned the SD form of "tang lang". This is a style. There are forms of Tang Lang(Preying mantis) but this is like saying "The form known as "Wing Chun" or the form known as "Hung Ga".

I would suggest that the SD people go and try this out for size. Have one SD student go to a Hung Ga school(Yees Hung Ga kung fu academies are excellent) and another go to a Wing Chun school. And then have a 3rd go to a Choy Li Fut school. All 3 should stay for a year. Learn, learn learn. Then come back and compare it with SD.

kwaichang
06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
My Original style was Hung Gar and Tang Lang I trained with my sifu for 10 years. The Hung form in SD is almost identical with small exceptions the Tang Lang is very similar esp the Bong Bu Chien this would be a waste of time for me there is no comparison. I will be the 1st to admit that SD forms are different but I have seen more than one version of Hua Fist and Bong Bu Chien as well.. KC
Also we and I will be the 1st to say that Shaolin is like an umbrella covering many facets and styles of CMA

goju
06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
dont care kempos become such a watered down *******ized art due to ed parker i dont even bother with it :)

kwaichang
06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
OK fine what physical anomoly did Bruce Lee have that promoted his right side forward stance ?? I guess you dont like Bruce Lee either. KC

goju
06-01-2009, 06:17 PM
im not quite certain but i beleive one of his legs was longer than the other

Baqualin
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
who said i expect people to take me seriously so far the only guy on this thread outsid eof mylf that seems to know anything is yap a;; of you are a bunch of delusional old ****s who are drinking to much of the kool aid sd spreads around

let me know if you got my pm face palm thanks brother

Your like the energizer Bunny....you just keep on going & going & going and not saying anything, just bouncing around like an idiot:rolleyes:

His name is Yao not yap and yes, he's very knowledgeable but, to compare your knowledge with his shows how much of an idiot you are. He always presents his self with class.......you act like a Baboon!

It's not just here, every thread you post on your basically called an idiot...Magazine Boy.
BQ

kwaichang
06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Well Baqualin he got the answer right his left leg was longer than his right . KC Hate to say it but I am going to have to bring out the big guns. KC

goju
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Your like the energizer Bunny....you just keep on going & going & going and not saying anything, just bouncing around like an idiot:rolleyes:

His name is Yao not yap and yes, he's very knowledgeable but, to compare your knowledge with his shows how much of an idiot you are. He always presents his self with class.......you act like a Baboon!

It's not just here, every thread you post on your basically called an idiot...Magazine Boy.
BQ

every thread i rarely post anywhere but here lol

LaterthanNever
06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
"My Original style was Hung Gar and Tang Lang I trained with my sifu for 10 years. The Hung form in SD is almost identical with small exceptions the Tang Lang is very similar esp the Bong Bu Chien this would be a waste of time for me there is no comparison. I will be the 1st to admit that SD forms are different but I have seen more than one version of Hua Fist and Bong Bu Chien as well.. KC
Also we and I will be the 1st to say that Shaolin is like an umbrella covering many facets and styles of CMA "

And you left your sifu(s) because of??

kwaichang
06-02-2009, 04:07 AM
He stopped teaching and Moved I stoped with him in 1982 KC

Baqualin
06-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Well Baqualin he got the answer right his left leg was longer than his right . KC Hate to say it but I am going to have to bring out the big guns. KC

I've never said he didn't get answers right.....it's easy when everything you know comes out of magazines, notice he can never give any details to serious questions.;)
BQ

Baqualin
06-02-2009, 06:50 AM
every thread i rarely post anywhere but here lol

It would be nice if you would learn to read......I didn't say you posted on every thread...I said EVERY THREAD THAT YOU HAVE POSTED ON....DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH. So once again the ones you do post on they think your an idiot too...that's a fact:eek:

As I said to KC...you respond to questions with short answers and no details, which tells me your a MAGAZINE BOY...that's a fact!!

I have never question your knowledge of Karate (even though I feel most of it comes from magazines again) it's not my thing and I don't really care...that's a fact.

I not going to say you can't fight...I don't know you...there's a lot of people on the street that have never had MA instruction who could whip my a$$....that's a fact for all of us...some people are natural fighters, that's a fact.

Your best skill is your mouth...that's a fact.

Your a Punk and that's a fact.

Best,
BQ

PS
I'm sure you will only read a couple of sentences of this post...that's also a fact.

Facepalm
06-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Yea Goju,

I got your PM. Ill see you on saturday.

Nice, this should be fun as hell

MasterKiller
06-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Yea Goju,

I got your PM. Ill see you on saturday.

Nice, this should be fun as hell

Video tape this.

yeti
06-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Video tape this.

What he said.

Yao:
Can we haz more hippie-era pics nao plz?

tattooedmonk
06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Well Baqualin he got the answer right his left leg was longer than his right . KC Hate to say it but I am going to have to bring out the big guns. KCWay too easy of a question .

kwaichang
06-02-2009, 01:12 PM
What are the 5 specific ways of generating power in Classical Japanese / Okinawan Kara te ?? These are 5 specific methods I am speaking of. KC

kwaichang
06-02-2009, 02:58 PM
True depth of forms cannot be learned, only experienced. Practice your forms until you're sick of them, then practice them more until you're numb to them, then practice them more until you fall in love with them again. When you get to this point you'll be able to move with a relaxed empty mind. They'll become a meditation and that's when the true beauty will reveal itself. It may take you a few years, maybe a few decades to get to this level, it's up to you.

Not trying to sound mystical but the truth is, is the kind of depth you're looking for isn't in a book or DVD and no real master is just going to give you the answer. It can only be achieved through time and repetition.

Thanks KC

kwaichang
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Wheres Go Ju I guess he couldnt find the answer in his old Karate Illustrated Magazine from 1978 KC

Judge Pen
06-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Wheres Go Ju I guess he couldnt find the answer in his old Karate Illustrated Magazine from 1978 KC

Don't wish for his return. Maybe we can get back to productive discussions again.

Old Noob
06-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Was out for a few days and stuff exploded. Seems relatively quiet now at least. I have a question for TTM and KC (if I'm asking for too much free information, just tell me).

I tore a meniscus in my right knee in 2002 playing football. Later that same year, I had the knee scoped and the docs shaved the meniscus down a bit. I did physcial therapy starting right away and felt completely back to normal about 6 months later. Fast-forward to 08-09: About eight months ago, I was in a conditioning class. Our instructor had us doing outside crescent kicks (or outside smash-kicks) but, rather than doing them straight leg, had us snap the kicks from the knee. While doing those kicks I felt what I would describe as a mild hyperextension in my right knee. The problem is that the knee has never gotten better. Over time, I've begun to wonder whether my knee pain is not the result of a hyperextension but rather the beginnings of arthritis related to the meniscus tear and the surgery. I've spoken to a doctor about it and the pain I decribe doesn't sound like arthritis to her despite the fact that it seems to ebb and flow a bit with the weather. The doc has recommended physical therapy but I just haven't yet had time to get there yet.

I'm going to try to make a physical therapy appointment in the next couple of weeks. Any ideas or recommendations in the meantime? I'm 37 and am getting to an age where stuff hurts all the time so I don't want to miss training unless I'm sure that it's necessary. I've tried wearing braces (I think they've done as much harm as good) and just not snapping my right kicks as much in class. I don't seem to be making things any worse. It's just not getting better. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
ON

Baqualin
06-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Don't wish for his return. Maybe we can get back to productive discussions again.

I would think he's probably spending time getting ready for Sat. so he can beat up on a guy with no experience. He will be back after, woofing.
BQ

Judge Pen
06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I would think he's probably spending time getting ready for Sat. so he can beat up on a guy with no experience. He will be back after, woofing.
BQ
You're probably right.

Old Noob
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
My money's on our guy. How good can you get when:
1. your last real fight was in 7th grade; and
2. you've basically been sparring only your uncle for the past five years?

Unless the size advantage is huge, I bet our guy does okay.

Judge Pen
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
My money's on our guy. How good can you get when:
1. your last real fight was in 7th grade; and
2. you've basically been sparring only your uncle for the past five years?

Unless the size advantage is huge, I bet our guy does okay.

Well, I doubt it would be taped so who knows for sure. I would guess that Facepalm will be respectful and controlled in the sparring and I'm afraid anything this side of a knock-out would be interpreted by goju as impotent.

Plus, as much as I would hope that karma is real, I've known plenty of jerk-*****s who have it coming, but still manage to be good fighters.

Edit: Really P-R-I-C-K is censored?

kwaichang
06-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Old Noob, You are 37 most likely you have effusion or swelling in the capsule of the knee with weather the pressure within the knee increases and decreases thus you are more and less stiff in the knee. Probably an internal derangement or ACL strain, if there was a POP then maybe Tear. common with hyper extension high velocity movements. The outside Cresent Kick is not meant to be a power impact kick and shouldnt be trained as such is more of a deflection kick as indicated by the mechanics of the movement. Send all the info at the mechanism of injury and I can tell you more I also need to know what type of pain etc or I will call you if you send me your # on a PM KC

Old Noob
06-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Old Noob, You are 37 most likely you have effusion or swelling in the capsule of the knee with weather the pressure within the knee increases and decreases thus you are more and less stiff in the knee. Probably an internal derangement or ACL strain, if there was a POP then maybe Tear. common with hyper extension high velocity movements. The outside Cresent Kick is not meant to be a power impact kick and shouldnt be trained as such is more of a deflection kick as indicated by the mechanics of the movement. Send all the info at the mechanism of injury and I can tell you more I also need to know what type of pain etc or I will call you if you send me your # on a PM KC

Thanks KC. PM sent.

ON

kwaichang
06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I need the mech of injury were you doing impact training etc ?? Also palpate the medial joint line for TP or acute increase of pain let me know what you find KC

Old Noob
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
I need the mech of injury were you doing impact training etc ?? Also palpate the medial joint line for TP or acute increase of pain let me know what you find KC

Okay. More information sent. Again, I really appreciate your advice and willingness to help.

kwaichang
06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I would say Medial Collateral Ligament strain or tear partial or otherwise. Or Anterior horn of the Medial meniscus. Check knee flexion at end AROM and PROM Muscle test the gracilis and Medial hamstring as a unit. May want to get an X-ray to rule out Tibial Plateau Fx. KC

Old Noob
06-05-2009, 05:23 AM
I would say Medial Collateral Ligament strain or tear partial or otherwise. Or Anterior horn of the Medial meniscus. Check knee flexion at end AROM and PROM Muscle test the gracilis and Medial hamstring as a unit. May want to get an X-ray to rule out Tibial Plateau Fx. KC

KC,

Thanks for the information. Sounds more serious than I thought. I'll run it down.

kwaichang
06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Not really just worse case senario let me know what you find out. KC

peace&love
06-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I just got back to reading the thread after being away for some time. I must admit it was a painful experience. I'm assuming most of your know why. It did open up a number of questions for me though?

Is Goju originally from KY and an insurance salesman?

Why is Goju so fascinated with attempting to discuss CMA when his time could be better spent studying his beloved MMA or karate?

Did Goju pass his seventh grade Language Arts class?

Hopefully, we will never discover the answers to these questions because enough is enough.

I hope all is well with everyone who is sincere with the purpose of these forums.

Baqualin
06-06-2009, 11:10 AM
I just got back to reading the thread after being away for some time. I must admit it was a painful experience. I'm assuming most of your know why. It did open up a number of questions for me though?

Is Goju originally from KY and an insurance salesman?

Why is Goju so fascinated with attempting to discuss CMA when his time could be better spent studying his beloved MMA or karate?

Did Goju pass his seventh grade Language Arts class?

Hopefully, we will never discover the answers to these questions because enough is enough.

I hope all is well with everyone who is sincere with the purpose of these forums.

No to the first question..MK verified this and a first year student of the Colorado school is meeting him today for a friendly sparing session. This how Cujo can prove his skill to everybody.:rolleyes:
BQ

Old Noob
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Not really just worse case senario let me know what you find out. KC

I'll do that. I'm trying to get in next week.

Old Noob
06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
No to the first question..MK verified this and a first year student of the Colorado school is meeting him today for a friendly sparing session. This how Cujo can prove his skill to everybody.:rolleyes:
BQ

Yep, though he bears a striking resemblance to him, he's not. I really hope there's video of the meet up.

Facepalm
06-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

Im back from my sparring match with Goju.

First off, Goju seemed like a nice guy and so did his Uncle who came to film.

We went straight to business and started pretty much right away.

I went one three minute round with him.

Hes definitely quick with his hands and feet, and has much better conditioning than me. By the end of the round I was pretty tired out and declined to go again ( i didnt want to tiredly drop my arms and get creamed :( )

He got in a nice kick to the side of my head that I really would not have liked if he had been kicking full force. I think he also may have gotten me with a shot to the mouth. (i was bleeding but no swelling 'shrug') well we will see from the video. He definitely had control over me with his hands most of the round.

I got in a couple short sweeps that I was unable to turn into anything, and I almost hit him with a spinning back fist but went too low and hit his shoulder. Overall I was pretty pleased with it. It was fun and I learned that if I really want to fight for an extended period of time I need to step up my conditioning.

Goju definitely has some skills, If we had been really fighting I'm sure I would have gotten creamed. But I will say that Ive definitely sparred CSC BBs who were on par with him or better. These are people who have had at least as much experience with MA and I can recall being handled, tricked, and hit with strong attacks just like today.

Goju is strong and fast and I think he probably could kick some ass on an amateur MMA circuit.

I look forward to sparring him again and next time I can bring some of my more experienced friends.

Hopefully the video will be posted soon and you gentlemen can make your own conclusions, but coming from me; Goju is no slouch hes definitely got some MA skill.

~Facepalm~

kwaichang
06-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey facepalm what did you say your experience in MA was I cant remember? I just want to put the video in perspective. KC

Facepalm
06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
As of this month I have 1 year of experience at CSC's in Colorado, mostly learning from master David and master Sharon. In high school I wrestled for like 2 years ( I wasnt that great).

Baqualin
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey Everyone,

Hes definitely quick with his hands and feet, and has much better conditioning than me. By the end of the round I was pretty tired out and declined to go again ( i didnt want to tiredly drop my arms and get creamed :( )

He got in a nice kick to the side of my head that I really would not have liked if he had been kicking full force. I think he also may have gotten me with a shot to the mouth. (i was bleeding but no swelling 'shrug') well we will see from the video. He definitely had control over me with his hands most of the round.

I got in a couple short sweeps that I was unable to turn into anything, and I almost hit him with a spinning back fist but went too low and hit his shoulder. Overall I was pretty pleased with it. It was fun and I learned that if I really want to fight for an extended period of time I need to step up my conditioning.

Goju definitely has some skills, If we had been really fighting I'm sure I would have gotten creamed. But I will say that Ive definitely sparred CSC BBs who were on par with him or better. These are people who have had at least as much experience with MA and I can recall being handled, tricked, and hit with strong attacks just like today.

Goju is strong and fast and I think he probably could kick some ass on an amateur MMA circuit.

I look forward to sparring him again and next time I can bring some of my more experienced friends.

Hopefully the video will be posted soon and you gentlemen can make your own conclusions, but coming from me; Goju is no slouch hes definitely got some MA skill.

~Facepalm~

Glad it went well and glad Cujo was straight up...sounds like a good experience for both of you.....but we will wait to see his response to your post and how he presents his video.
BQ

Old Noob
06-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Hey Everyone,

~Facepalm~

Hey FP,

Kudos for getting out there and also to Goju for being a gentlman. While BQ is right that we'll have to see how he relates the story, this seems like the most gentlemanly internet challenge match I'm aware of. Thanks for being willing to go and to share.

kwaichang
06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Go Ju may get more cordial and enlightening Sparring maches if he didnt come across as he did. I for one love a good hard sparring match and dont mind trying new things. I know I am just an old wannabe but even old wannabe's have a few tricks up their sleeves. KC

Facepalm
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I will add to my last post that Goju seems better than like 80% of people who Ive sparred at the CSC so far.

There are definitely people with about his amount of experience that seemed as challenging as him.

There are some who were better particularly several masters who Ive sparred. I can remember being knocked to the ground with no idea how it happened from some of these guys.

But yea. again Goju def has skills

Judge Pen
06-08-2009, 02:28 AM
I received a text to my e-mail from goju saying his computer crashed so it may be a while before we get his perspective on your match. Let's hope he speaks with levity and respect and not crowing about how he dominated the match and that's more proof that SD stinkes etc.

Huge props for you to show up and meet someone for a friendly match. That takes a lot of spirit, but that's really what being a martial artist is about. Your teachers should be very proud of you.

tattooedmonk
06-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I will add to my last post that Goju seems better than like 80% of people who Ive sparred at the CSC so far.

There are definitely people with about his amount of experience that seemed as challenging as him.

There are some who were better particularly several masters who Ive sparred. I can remember being knocked to the ground with no idea how it happened from some of these guys.

But yea. again Goju def has skillsYou said that you are one year in , what rank have you acheived and did you have any previous MA experience??

80%?? WOW!!! :eek::confused::rolleyes::mad:

Various levels or lower and upper belts???

Besides being in better condition, was there a big difference in his body composition and yours?? i.e. Height, weight, lean muscle mass, etc??

How do you feel about your level of performance considering the differences ??i.e. time training , conditioning, etc.

Do you think that if you had more time in, better conditioning, previous experience , etc. that it could have gone differently???

Do you think it had anything to do with the arts themselves ?? i.e. SD vs GOJU RYU??:D

How do you feel about the art now that you have sparred someone outside your school???

Are you going to get more disciplined and stick with it ??:D

I admire what you have done, for standing up, stepping up and being a man.:cool:

Everyone should be as willing to take one for the team!!!:D

Facepalm
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
You said that you are one year in , what rank have you acheived and did you have any previous MA experience??

Well since it is run by the Soards and belts are easy to attain at first I am a 1st Brown which means ill have my BB by the end of the summer

I try to look at it this way. The Soards want to make their material available to people with little ability and discipline because thats how they pay the rent ( albeit quite luxurious rent in sure) but there is plenty of room in their program for people like me who do want to learn and who do want to get strong

A BB from them only means that your a serious student now, and you have access to more training i.e Iron Bone, weight vest conditioning, outdoor conditioning sessions, more advanced weapon training, full contact glove sparring, Mantis etc...

No I have no previous MA training

I was trying to be as honest as I can with this.

From all of the people Ive sparred at the CSCs which is quite alot of people ( Id estimate probably 70-80 people so far, given sparring in class at two different schools for 6 months each and attending two different sparring festivals) I feel that this was a challenge at least near 80%

The kind of people who have been close to as difficult would be a few second and first blacks

Ive met some Third and above who've been more challenging

So far no one of master level has disappointed me yet, they get me falling on the ground from my own momentum and hardly seem to have to move to foil my attacks

Besides being in better condition, was there a big difference in his body composition and yours?? i.e. Height, weight, lean muscle mass, etc??

He was a little taller than me 1 or 2 inches

He definitely was heavier than me as far as muscle mass. I would have estimated he was about 190-200 lbs

How do you feel about your level of performance considering the differences ??i.e. time training , conditioning, etc.

I felt pretty good about it...

I would say that for the most part I defended myself competently.

He definitely won the match...
Id say I really need to get either faster or smarter in order to do better against him

Do you think that if you had more time in, better conditioning, previous experience , etc. that it could have gone differently???

Maybe if I had fought in more competitive fights before more often.

Sparring at CSC is definitely for training and your not worrying about winning or losing ( I like that)

But of course thats no excuse.

Do you think it had anything to do with the arts themselves ?? i.e. SD vs GOJU RYU??:D

I couldn't really say

I saw lots of attacks from him alot of which were effective but not anything that I had never seen from SD.

He has a variety of attacks and combos just like you would try to do with the material in SD.

In my opinion its the kung fu that counts anyway

How do you feel about the art now that you have sparred someone outside your school???

This isnt the first time Ive sparred someone outside of my school and it wont be the last.

I really like the material from SD.... Its challenging and Interesting, and the forms really get me to think and understand movement really well. Also I cant imagine a place where one could seek to learn such a wide variety of weapons.

I find that the forms really get me to move in ways im not used to and condition my body in the ways their intended to.

Also they all contain so much application that it gets me thinking more when I spar people. I think learning a variety of forms and trying to figure out applications from them gets you finding your own applications to situations you encounter when sparring.

You betcha

I admire what you have done, for standing up, stepping up and being a man.:cool:

Thanks,
Its the least I could do

Facepalm
06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
God I want to see this video so bad

tattooedmonk
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Should be interesting to see.

kwaichang
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I dont think we will see it KC

kwaichang
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Here is one of my students throwing a kick. Pretty good for a yellow belt I think.
5259 KC

tattooedmonk
06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Is that you in the pic as well??

tattooedmonk
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I found this doing some research about the Shaolin Bird forms .

Shaolin Bird

The Shaolin Bird forms, sometimes referred to as the Shaolin Dove forms, are an old system from the Emei Mountain region. Emei Mountain was one of the three famous Kung Fu Mountains from whence modern kung fu originated. Each mountain had its own emphasis, with Shaolin being the primary forms taught at Song Mountain (in this instance, Shaolin refers to Northern Shaolin style, often referred to as Long fist) and Wudang Mountain specializing in more internal styles. The styles at Emei, however, had the greatest diversity, with over 2000 recorded and catalogued styles originating at Emei Mountain itself. Some of these styles were complete systems, such as Eagle Claw and White Crane. Some of them, however, were merely smaller family styles, passed on from generation to generation within families.

Little is still known of the Shaolin Bird style. It was originally a combination between the Lo-Han style (mainly seen in China Hand or Karate) from Shaolin Mountain and more circular, flowing bird styles that were beginning to emerge from Emei. The style itself combines aspects of both styles with long strikes and attacks, and evasive maneuvers moving from high to low. It also encompasses the ideology common in many of the Emei styles in using finger strikes which are designed to guide the hand into grabs and palm strikes.

The three forms we have, Luo Tien, Chan Ie, and And Yen He, all represent one original form, split into sections to show different aspects of the Shaolin Bird itself. Luo Tien, Descended or Fallen from Heaven, shows the basic applications of the dove as it grasps, throws, and quickly changes direction. This is much akin to the way doves react in the sky when threatened. They are one of the most adept birds at flipping and changing directions in order to avoid strikes from birds of prey, often giving them enough time to make it back to safe ground while the bird of prey is still climbing for another attack. Chan Ie, or Spreading Feathers, shows the dove in its more aggressive stance. Doves, when they attack (albeit usually grubs, worms, or other such creatures) have a tendency to jump in, grasp their prey, and quickly move out. Again, this speed is essential, as they are often on the lookout for birds of prey, being almost helpless to avoid them while on the ground. Their ability to jump in, focus on their catch, and jump back out again is what keeps them alive. The many jumps and dodges of this form are a clear indication of that motion of doves on the ground. Finally, the third form, Yen He, or Performing or Dancing Dove, shows the facets of the dove in all its glory, swiftly changing direction and darting in and out for its attacks and defense. It also brings in more of the Lo-Han techniques for long strikes and attacks from low stances.

While the Lo Han or Long fist forms lack much of the circular motion of the Shaolin Bird, the Bird is far more linear than some of the more famous bird forms which sprung up later in the Emei area, such as Pai Hao or White Crane. While we don’t have the complete system available to us, the one form broken into three gives us a glimpse into an incredible array of fighting applications to be used in many situations.

I am assuming this came from Master Grooms or one of his students . This was on a website called commercage or something like that ,located in atlanta, anyone seen this before???

I was wondering if it is true that the three forms we practice are really one form?? and if there is any other info on these sets?

Facepalm
06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow Awesome,

I had always assumed that the three bird forms and the three crane forms were just three segments to one form, and i have always practiced them that way i.e doing them all one directly after another.

I've always found it difficult to try to use application from the Bird forms other than "elbow chop/fingerstike"

The Crane forms seem to click with me though

sean_stonehart
06-09-2009, 04:24 AM
I am assuming this came from Master Grooms or one of his students . This was on a website called commercage or something like that ,located in atlanta, anyone seen this before???

Nope... would really like to see how Louhan is connected in there by their reasoning & research.

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Nope... would really like to see how Louhan is connected in there by their reasoning & research.How you been?? I would like to know which louhan style/ system/ set is being refered to.
:D

sean_stonehart
06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
How you been?? I would like to know which louhan style/ system/ set is being refered to.
:D

Yep. Got the rest of the link? I'm curious about that too considering it came out of Atl area.

Otherwise, hanging in, teaching, trying to get my own training in, life, etc...

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
www.commercega.org/1/documents/24361.doc

sean_stonehart
06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
No idea... I saw the author's name. It didn't ring a bell but no big shocker.

There are some things that were "interesting" in there. All in & all... everything that's already been put out about it, put *back* out there in that format.

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
No idea... I saw the author's name. It didn't ring a bell but no big shocker.

There are some things that were "interesting" in there. All in & all... everything that's already been put out about it, put *back* out there in that format.What section did you find the authors name?? What specifically are you talking about "interesting"& *back*?? Feel free to PM me if it is going to "stir the pot".

sean_stonehart
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
What section did you find the authors name?? What specifically are you talking about "interesting"& *back*?? Feel free to PM me if it is going to "stir the pot".

If you download the Word doc, you can look at the properties.

I'll hit you later. I've gotta play busy here before I go teach.

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
If you download the Word doc, you can look at the properties.

I'll hit you later. I've gotta play busy here before I go teach.DUH!!:rolleyes: Thanks .

Cool, I understand.:D

Baqualin
06-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey Sean....stir on brother...that's what this thread is about anyway;)
BQ

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey Sean....stir on brother...that's what this thread is about anyway;)
BQLMAO:p:eek::D:cool:

kwaichang
06-09-2009, 02:17 PM
No I am not in the pic sorry. Both of those guys I trained many moons ago. KC

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
No I am not in the pic sorry. Both of those guys I trained many moons ago. KCCool , the pic looked dated.:cool::D

tattooedmonk
06-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Wow Awesome,

I had always assumed that the three bird forms and the three crane forms were just three segments to one form, and i have always practiced them that way i.e doing them all one directly after another.

I've always found it difficult to try to use application from the Bird forms other than "elbow chop/fingerstike"

The Crane forms seem to click with me thoughI did too, now I have some confirmation.

kwaichang
06-09-2009, 04:56 PM
TTM I am not into the Pic thing I dont have any of me doing the splits or anything like that, I do have one from when I was kick boxing a lomng time ago but I dont really feel it is relevant. Who is to say it is me any way. If you correspond with anyone from the SD Sanmarcos or Austin or Round Rock they may know who I am and attest to my skills if I have any at all. That is all personal perspective anyway right.? to quote the blind man in The Circle of Iron " My skills are not there to impress you " KCl

tattooedmonk
06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I have no reason to doubt your skills or you previous level of flexibility . You have been around a long time and its obvious based on our conversations that you know a great deal about the things we have discussed. I know you have/ had a somewhat serious physical issue that has diminished what once was and what still an be. I wish you well on your recover and in your life. You have nothing to prove to me. Nor does anyone in SD that is on this board. You all have proven yourselves with me by just being who you are. :)

kwaichang
06-10-2009, 01:58 PM
SI dysfunction , is the issue I had/have. I am regaining my flexibility and am at 170 deg with the side split and full split left leg forward , right leg forward not as good but close to full. I only take 4oo mg of Motrin daily as long as my "back " stays stable. The problem that accompanies this is Bilateral hip flexor tendonitis and capsulitis of the hips and bilateral Trochanteric bursitis. I now only have minimal discomfort of the left trochanteric bursae. This alleviated with ice massage to 0 of 10 in the pain scale. My training is as follows I do iron bone 6 days a week, MA 4 days a week aerobic cond 5 days aweek then 15 minutes when I weight train as well. I do upper one day and lower the next. I try to apply science to my program so as to not over train one area too much and cause an injury. I do heavy bag 2 days or 3 days a week mixing upper and lower for 10 2-3 minute rounds , depends on how I feel. So I hope to be full steam soon and also lose alot more weight as this seems to be the primary cause along with work that started all this in the beginning. I also take private lessons 1x per month. So how do you guys train.????? KC PS afriend of mine who I used to kick box with just blew L5 S1 I am fortunate compared to him. He is really hurting.

tattooedmonk
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Is fusion of the SI an option for you ? Are using any jows/ herbs or other meds beside motrin??What is your stretching routine like?? Is the way you sleep also a contributing factor??

I workout 6 days changing the routine every 6-8 weeks for variety. I focus on specific material each day tai chi day , bagua day xinyi day, so on. Bagwork 6 days , stretching 6 days, cardio every other day, weights on the odd days. Sparring every 6 days including Iron bone training ( just got back into this). Super sets , isometrics, obstacle courses and other exercises

In beginning classes I focus on corrective exercise training including myofascial releasing techniques, stretching and of course the basics, moving on to balance and stability training, utilizing propriocetively enriched enviroments and more basics , basics , and basics etc.

kwaichang
06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
The best option for this is Prolotherapy t promote stability. To fuse a joint is not anoption. KC

tattooedmonk
06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Have you done this already?? Dont they do fusion in some cases , and if so why ??

tattooedmonk
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Anyone ever notice that he keeps his right arm from fully extending( as per the
8o`s KET videos????) Does/ did he have an injury that anyone knows of?? just wondering.

( notice I didnt say curious?? Now a days you have to be careful of what you say, someone might take it the wrong way!!) :p

Golden Tiger
06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Anyone ever notice that he keeps his right arm from fully extending( as per the
8o`s KET videos????) Does/ did he have an injury that anyone knows of?? just wondering.

Took a hard fall off a roof I believe, messed up his elbow pretty bad. It eventually got better (could hit pretty hard with it;)) but wouldn't straighten out.

tattooedmonk
06-12-2009, 02:56 PM
.......... (could hit pretty hard with it;)) but wouldn't straighten out.you sound like you know from experience!:p;)

tattooedmonk
06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I also noticed in these videos that there is 30 sparring techiques rather than 20. I know that most of them are just 14-17? broken down into easier techniques . My question is, was this done just for the video series or is this the way they were taught in classes at that time as well??

kwaichang
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
There can be a screw placed on the sacrum but what occurs is decreasedmobility thus you have increased mobility somewhere else in this case the knee or low back. Prolotherapy will stabilize the joint and promote stability through the bodys natural course or inflammatory response. I feel fusions are a last resort. They are now doing disc replacement for stenosis and disc herniations. More involved but better outcome from what I have read and seen. KC

kwaichang
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Most likely a bony block of the elbow very common after a fall or trauma. KC

The Willow Sword
06-13-2009, 06:20 AM
and flicks KC in the ear.....:D

My God,,over 11 thousand replies on this thread?

Peace,TWS

kwaichang
06-13-2009, 07:04 AM
TWS I guess I am having a Kung Fu flashback, flute playing in the background, hows life man??? KC

kungfujunky
06-14-2009, 08:40 AM
hey face palm. ill be in boulder in the next couple weeks. maybe we should spar.

Id love to have a crack at gojibug as well
hehe

OldandUsed
06-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Seems to me the deal with Master Hiang's elbow/arm was that after he fell from a ladder (?) that he self medicated and the arm did not heal correctly. While he was able to use it quite well (he hits pretty hard), the alignment was off. he even drew a little stickman photo and taped it to the wall in the dojo for everyone to see so they would quit asking him about it.

Facepalm
06-15-2009, 07:16 AM
hey face palm. ill be in boulder in the next couple weeks. maybe we should spar.

Id love to have a crack at gojibug as well
hehe

Yea sure,

Just PM me about it and we can meet up or maybe you could come down to the school.

Whats your background?

Youll have to work something out with Goju if you want that to happen

kungfujunky
06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Im a second black from the springs.

Tensei85
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow! This thread is still happening? What's the lowdown did anyone die yet?
Just kidding ; )

Facepalm
06-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Im a second black from the springs.

Cool,

Are you going to stretching and conditioning on Sat? maybe we could spar afterwards.

goju
06-16-2009, 08:50 AM
im back! almost done with school too so i can get back to training harder

goju
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Glad it went well and glad Cujo was straight up...sounds like a good experience for both of you.....but we will wait to see his response to your post and how he presents his video.
BQ
my camcorder was bleedin dead when i showed up so i couldnt use it lol that was the timer on me uncles cell phone he was using! my camcorders feckin old so i couldnt get a new battery for it sorry lads!

faceplams pretty good has some power in his kicks that was suprising ill say
was suprised to at the sweeps you were doing im use to seeing judo type sweeps not somebody flying a you like that lol

thanks for the compliments man we spar again i should be in better shape since i was lax on my training with school and all

goju
06-16-2009, 09:29 AM
You said that you are one year in , what rank have you acheived and did you have any previous MA experience??

ididnt get to use much of my goju ryu because i brought boxing gloves so all i could do was box lol and i used tkd kicking techniques

uh i think faceplam was alitle shorter than me he was a good size guy though i had definetly more muscle mass

if we spar again later maybe we can do karate rules hands strikes 2 the body and kicks to all targets so i can use my goju ryu i personally hate wearing gloves

Facepalm
06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
my camcorder was bleedin dead when i showed up so i couldnt use it lol that was the timer on me uncles cell phone he was using! my camcorders feckin old so i couldnt get a new battery for it sorry lads!

Oh I see, lol.... I thought he was shooting it on his cellphone the whole time. Well thats too bad I would have liked to see it again.

Facepalm
06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
faceplams pretty good has some power in his kicks that was suprising ill say
was suprised to at the sweeps you were doing im use to seeing judo type sweeps not somebody flying a you like that lol

thanks for the compliments man we spar again i should be in better shape since i was lax on my training with school and all

And thank you for the compliments as well. :D

goju
06-16-2009, 10:12 AM
lol me too was a good match though i thought u did great

Baqualin
06-16-2009, 10:38 AM
lol me too was a good match though i thought u did great

I personally appreciate the attitude your showing now.....we are all MA brothers and have a lot to learn from all.....that's what it's all about...you have my respect....train hard and keep showing respect.....maybe we can see you compete in the cage someday!!!
Best,
BQ

kungfujunky
06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Cool,

Are you going to stretching and conditioning on Sat? maybe we could spar afterwards.

hadnt planned on it but i might

im a bit out of shape. started a new job so i havent been focused on the fu for a while.

definitely need to get back into though