PDA

View Full Version : Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

bawang
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
for your final atonement, you must enter cage with 10 ronnie colemans.

Lucas
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
can i bring my anal chastity belt?

bawang
11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
it will only make them enjoy it more.

Lucas
11-07-2012, 12:18 PM
i will use the secret wombat combat razor between the cheeks technique, aka: Hidden Blade in the Sacred Ravine

bawang
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
i will use the secret wombat combat razor between the cheeks technique, aka: Hidden Blade in the Sacred Ravine

i think you mean "venus flytrap spreads leaves"

or "needle in cotton"

Syn7
11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Honestly, I'd be happy to oblige because there are a few vids I've seen that I think are really nice. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of permission to post this stuff, so it's left to whatever is already public domain.

You mean SKT has issue with people seeing certain footage? Why ever would that be? Is he embarrassed? Afraid of having more of his fraud exposed? Or is he being the most hypocritical mother****er on earth and just worried somebody else may take his forms and sell them under another banner?

The man lied to you and you still show loyalty. That's some ****ed up **** right there.

Syn7
11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Sorry that is not what I get from that statement. KC:)

Yeah, because you are dumb. period. Way to avoid the fact that you made a mistake. Either you know you done ****ed up or you really don't get it.... still.

Syn7
11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
you don't eat an apple expecting to taste an orange is what that insanity pic is stating.

What about the Grapple? An Orapple can't be that far off!!! :D

Syn7
11-07-2012, 03:58 PM
All I got to say is, I ain't flying out to fight anyone. How about this... you come to Ft. Carson, and we'll go out to Training Area Bravo, and bring your best student with you. Why?

BECAUSE I WILL BEAT YOUR PRIZE STUDENT TO DEATH USING YOU AS A HUMAN ****ING CLUB. I WILL SMASH YOUR BONES AND THE THIRSTY ROCKS BELOW WILL DRINK YOUR BLOOD. I WILL IGNORE THE BLEATING WHIMPERS OF YOUR STUDENT FOR MERCY, FOR BOTH YOU AND HE DESERVE NONE. NO MERCY, NO QUARTER.

You want to be a warrior? Better start ****ing acting like one.

You seem angry lately? You ok?

Seriously, I'm not trying to poke at you. You seem far more aggressive, violently aggressive since you came back.

hskwarrior
11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
hhhhhmmmmm you might be right. but i wonder.....whether you grow grapples or just eat them, would that make you a grappler??:D

Syn7
11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
man bawang thats a tough one. Eat an Apple thinking it will taste like an apple but in fact you taste Orange instead then i think if you ate the orange it may taste like a pear then if you eat the pear it may taste like the apple. i think there's one solution to this problem.

http://fun4friends.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/f71.jpg

U r a Jeenioos!!!!

Syn7
11-07-2012, 04:02 PM
i think you mean "venus flytrap spreads leaves"

or "needle in cotton"

I vote for the latter.

Lucas
11-07-2012, 04:04 PM

Seriously, I'm not trying to poke at you. You seem far more aggressive, violently aggressive since you came back.

ptsd? :eek:

you have to admit though his post was very manly

Syn7
11-07-2012, 04:15 PM
ptsd? :eek:

you have to admit though his post was very manly

I loved it. Not the point tho.

tattooedmonk
11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
All I got to say is, I ain't flying out to fight anyone. How about this... you come to Ft. Carson, and we'll go out to Training Area Bravo, and bring your best student with you. Why?

BECAUSE I WILL BEAT YOUR PRIZE STUDENT TO DEATH USING YOU AS A HUMAN ****ING CLUB. I WILL SMASH YOUR BONES AND THE THIRSTY ROCKS BELOW WILL DRINK YOUR BLOOD. I WILL IGNORE THE BLEATING WHIMPERS OF YOUR STUDENT FOR MERCY, FOR BOTH YOU AND HE DESERVE NONE. NO MERCY, NO QUARTER.

You want to be a warrior? Better start ****ing acting like one.

hahah what comic book movie did you steal this from!?hahahaha yeah whatever dude:rolleyes:

kwaichang
11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, because you are dumb. period. Way to avoid the fact that you made a mistake. Either you know you done ****ed up or you really don't get it.... still.
Even on my dumbest day you would still be my Junior, Boy. KC

kwaichang
11-07-2012, 06:58 PM
things are open to interpretation based upon ones history and life experiences. KC

brucereiter
11-07-2012, 07:04 PM
http://youtu.be/3_SRZJYK2Vw

The linked YouTube channel has several examples of sin kwang the and bill leonard doing tai chi CHUAN and Bagua.

I think the instruction they are giving and the methods they are showing demonstrate a poor level of understanding of these arts.

Do any of the sd students here think that these examples of ima show a understanding of these martial arts? I think they have not mastered tai chi CHUAN or Bagua as they claim and they both have very little understanding of ima.

hskwarrior
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
those video's give me the instant feeling of "he doesn't know what he's doing does he?"

sorry.

does someone in this video have some horrible chest condition? what are those noises being made?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD71yIJq_jU&feature=plcp

Drake
11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
hahah what comic book movie did you steal this from!?hahahaha yeah whatever dude:rolleyes:

Stop by and I'll show you. Unlike you, nothing is stolen, though.

Drake
11-07-2012, 07:38 PM

Seriously? I've ALWAYS been like this. I was worse before I joined the military. Before that, I wouldn't even give someone the benefit of a warning.

Syn7
11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Even on my dumbest day you would still be my Junior, Boy. KC

Then why is the context of the quote so hard for you to grasp? If everyone took words literally and looked for any and all meanings than for what they were intended, it would be an even more ****ed up world than it already is.

I think you know what you said was dumb and you just don't have the cajones to admit you were wrong. Either that or you really are the dumbest cat on KFM. We know you are challenged, but I never thought you were in the bottom three. I reserve those spots for mouthy kids, you're the first person on that list that is past middle age. You should know better.

Your sig is quite ironic. You think you are being didactic, but really you just come across as an idiot. Time for a deep self inventory, son....!!!

Syn7
11-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Seriously? I've ALWAYS been like this. I was worse before I joined the military. Before that, I wouldn't even give someone the benefit of a warning.

Just an observation. I don't know you personally, so I judge on your posts. Were you a thuggish kid or a knuckle dragger jock type? Or were you just a ticking timebomb that never manifested these deep emotions? Don't take this as any sort of ridicule, despite our differences and arguments I do respect you to a point. I know it may not seem that way when I try to push your buttons but I was impressed with some of your restraint. Pleasantly surprised.

Am I the only one that noticed this? Maybe I'm overthinking this one, but I still think theres a diff.

kwaichang
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Then why is the context of the quote so hard for you to grasp? If everyone took words literally and looked for any and all meanings than for what they were intended, it would be an even more ****ed up world than it already is.

I think you know what you said was dumb and you just don't have the cajones to admit you were wrong. Either that or you really are the dumbest cat on KFM. We know you are challenged, but I never thought you were in the bottom three. I reserve those spots for mouthy kids, you're the first person on that list that is past middle age. You should know better.

Your sig is quite ironic. You think you are being didactic, but really you just come across as an idiot. Time for a deep self inventory, son....!!!

It is easy to read something on the internet and repost as you did , takes no brain for that. You are a sheep and follow a leader unable to think for your self you quote others thinking you know what they meant, But only it is what you read and regurgitate. KC

Syn7
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
You mean SKT has issue with people seeing certain footage? Why ever would that be? Is he embarrassed? Afraid of having more of his fraud exposed? Or is he being the most hypocritical mother****er on earth and just worried somebody else may take his forms and sell them under another banner?

The man lied to you and you still show loyalty. That's some ****ed up **** right there.

I would love to get a response on this one from any SD or ex SD that has footage but feels it inappropriate to show it without permission. It's not like SD is a closed door system.

I do Bak Mei and I am not supposed to hand out footage. Especially of sifu. But we aren't learning a hybrid or a strip mall style either. It was a closed door system that is slightly open for the gwai-los that show proper respect. Those of you who know about TCMA will understand that. But SD will teach anyone for money, so why hide things?

Syn7
11-07-2012, 08:24 PM
It is easy to read something on the internet and repost as you did , takes no brain for that. You are a sheep and follow a leader unable to think for your self you quote others thinking you know what they meant, But only it is what you read and regurgitate. KC

And clearly you don't have what it takes to understand these quotes.

You are right, it is easy to read a quote. I have a 300+ page PDF full of great quotes that I have collected. I read one I like, a copy and paste it to my quotes PDF. I'm not going to apologize for that. The fact that the quote went over your head speaks volumes. Just man up, son.

As far as me being able to think for myself, ***** please. :rolleyes:

I have annihilated every dumb post you have made and you are too dumb to see it. How bout we ask the forum? Nutthuggers please refrain. Be honest and judge on intellect and not personal feelings.

Let's hear it? I have thick skin, rock on wit ya bad selves!!!

Drake
11-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Just an observation. I don't know you personally, so I judge on your posts. Were you a thuggish kid or a knuckle dragger jock type? Or were you just a ticking timebomb that never manifested these deep emotions? Don't take this as any sort of ridicule, despite our differences and arguments I do respect you to a point. I know it may not seem that way when I try to push your buttons but I was impressed with some of your restraint. Pleasantly surprised.

Am I the only one that noticed this? Maybe I'm overthinking this one, but I still think theres a diff.

I think you are generalizing behavior. I believe violence, horrifically implemented, solves a lot of problems. Especially with liars and thieves

Empty_Cup
11-07-2012, 09:18 PM

The linked YouTube channel has several examples of sin kwang the and bill leonard doing tai chi CHUAN and Bagua.

I think the instruction they are giving and the methods they are showing demonstrate a poor level of understanding of these arts.

Do any of the sd students here think that these examples of ima show a understanding of these martial arts? I think they have not mastered tai chi CHUAN or Bagua as they claim and they both have very little understanding of ima.

Both links were to a small sample of GMT performing Chen TJQ so I'll comment on those. To be transparent I have only studied TJQ a few years and my study has come from SD exclusively. I have not learned directly from either EML or GMT.

Here are my observations:
GMT displays the principle of "hands follow eyes follow hands". He begins movement at the waist and then the hands, arms, leg follows. He maintains good rooting and his center of gravity is vertical.
My critiques:
He shows slight "posturing" between movements meaning the transition is not as smooth as it could be. His stances are not very deep. The benefit/detriment of that is up for debate. He is somewhat inconsistent in weight distribution throughout the sample. I have been taught in TJQ to never quite be 50/50 in the horse.

My thoughts.

Syn7
11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I think you are generalizing behavior. I believe violence, horrifically implemented, solves a lot of problems. Especially with liars and thieves

No doubt. couldn't agree more about the violence part.
Doesn't really answer my question tho. It's all good. If you don't wanna go there, I won't mention it again.

brucereiter
11-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Both links were to a small sample of GMT performing Chen TJQ so I'll comment on those.

https://www.youtube.com/user/shaolindointernal?feature=mhee

this youtube channel has 14 video clips of sin the and bill leonard teaching and demonstrating chen tai chi chuan, pakua, hsing i.
you can see sin the teaching chen 83 to bill leonard and sin the teaching to another sd master and you see bill leonard teaching black belts hsing i and chen tai chi chuan

To be transparent I have only studied TJQ a few years and my study has come from SD exclusively. I have not learned directly from either EML or GMT.
i think the performance of the grand master should be compared to other chen xinjia taijiquan and one should wonder the pros and cons of what is different and why.

Here are my observations:
GMT displays the principle of "hands follow eyes follow hands". He begins movement at the waist and then the hands, arms, leg follows. He maintains good rooting and his center of gravity is vertical.

i do not think that shows a thorough understanding of chen 83 xinjia tai chi chuan. being the grand master i think he should display a thorough understanding of the style.

My critiques:
He shows slight "posturing" between movements meaning the transition is not as smooth as it could be. His stances are not very deep. The benefit/detriment of that is up for debate. He is somewhat inconsistent in weight distribution throughout the sample. I have been taught in TJQ to never quite be 50/50 in the horse.

My thoughts.

the height of the stance i do not think matters.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
But the weight distribution does matter.

Empty_Cup
11-08-2012, 03:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/user/shaolindointernal?feature=mhee

this youtube channel has 14 video clips of sin the and bill leonard teaching and demonstrating chen tai chi chuan, pakua, hsing i.
you can see sin the teaching chen 83 to bill leonard and sin the teaching to another sd master and you see bill leonard teaching black belts hsing i and chen tai chi chuan

I'll take a look.

i do not think that shows a thorough understanding of chen 83 xinjia tai chi chuan. being the grand master i think he should display a thorough understanding of the style.

Fair enough. So please elaborate on your observations and critiques and let's compare to a master you believe shows a thorough understanding.

Judge Pen
11-08-2012, 04:02 AM
the height of the stance i do not think matters.

There's a concept we can debate. I've often heard that, but honestly it has usually been from people that had horrible stances and lower body strength. Having said that, I've seen good tai chi from people with low rooted stances and wonderful tai chi from higher stances. To me, lower is better as long as you can maintain the tai chi principlas. Going low and straining is counter-productive. But if you can maintain balance, root, fluidity, and relaxation, then go lower in your forms practice. Thoughts?

Empty_Cup
11-08-2012, 06:54 AM
There's a concept we can debate. I've often heard that, but honestly it has usually been from people that had horrible stances and lower body strength. Having said that, I've seen good tai chi from people with low rooted stances and wonderful tai chi from higher stances. To me, lower is better as long as you can maintain the tai chi principlas. Going low and straining is counter-productive. But if you can maintain balance, root, fluidity, and relaxation, then go lower in your forms practice. Thoughts?

I think those are great comments and agree 100% that the principles shoul be maintained. Personally, I thInk it makes sense to go as low as possible while still being able to have relaxed breathing and smooth transition. Also to keep in mind how pushing hands is played. Typically the lower the stance the firmer the root.

tattooedmonk
11-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Stop by and I'll show you. Unlike you, nothing is stolen, though.

It's obvious who you are and what you are about, everything you post speaks volumes about the issues you have. Why not take your sorry grunt @$$ down to the local va hospital and get yourself checked out.:cool:

tattooedmonk
11-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Remember with a guy Bruce's size the sinking in lower stances isn't going to matter or make much difference. His size and mass cover that.

Drake
11-08-2012, 08:36 AM
It's obvious who you are and what you are about, everything you post speaks volumes about the issues you have. Why not take your sorry grunt @$$ down to the local va hospital and get yourself checked out.:cool:

That's really all you got?

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 08:37 AM
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I KNOW OR HOW SMART I AM OR HOW DUMB I AM YOU ARE A WEAK LITTLE MAN TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BIGGER BY CUTTING OTHERS DOWN , TYPICAL BULLY MENTALITY. i HAVE NOTHING TO DEFEND SO I WONT COMMENT ON YOUR STUPIDITY AND LACK OF MARTIAL SPIRIT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TYPE OF INTERACTION YOU CHOOSE TO SEEK. WE ALL HAVE OUR POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES, I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER BE DUMB THAN BE LIKE YOU. KC:eek::D

wenshu
11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER BE DUMB THAN BE LIKE YOU.

Judging by your grasp of basic English and the use of all caps as a form of emphasis I think your prayer has been answered.

Where all those videos of Shaolin-Do badassery? Every day you don't point to one is another day I call you my b-.

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Caps for emphasis / ass, if you could read you would see that i posted i would put some on this w/e. BTW that all you got you ***** Also this is a forum not a diction or english class. who cares if you focus on grammer or spelling. I dont. KC

tattooedmonk
11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
That's really all you got?its about all you deserve. I dont come here to criticize and troll people like you do.

bawang
11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I have a 300+ page PDF full of great quotes that I have collected.
i only quote space marines

pazman
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Both The and Leonard look really, really shabby in those videos. It really seems that perhaps either The learned something from a real teacher a long, long time ago and got extremely rusty, or he learned it from a book or a video. Definitely not "grandmaster" material.

Leonard's Xingyi....well, the moves are there, but it looks like he never spent any time with a real xingyi teacher. He had no business teaching that stuff.

So I guess we are still waiting for the "good stuff," though I find it ironic that for a system that rips forms from other styles would be have qualms about posting material.

tattooedmonk
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Both The and Leonard look really, really shabby in those videos. It really seems that perhaps either The learned something from a real teacher a long, long time ago and got extremely rusty, or he learned it from a book or a video. Definitely not "grandmaster" material.

Leonard's Xingyi....well, the moves are there, but it looks like he never spent any time with a real xingyi teacher. He had no business teaching that stuff.

So I guess we are still waiting for the "good stuff," though I find it ironic that for a system that rips forms from other styles would be have qualms about posting material.so whats your story huh? lets see what you have. those videos are what they are and obviosly very old. all martial arts done in karate gis will look like karate, morons.:rolleyes:

tattooedmonk
11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Judging by your grasp of basic English and the use of all caps as a form of emphasis I think your prayer has been answered.

Where all those videos of Shaolin-Do badassery? Every day you don't point to one is another day I call you my b-.no surprise that you would find something so small to pick on , what a fcuking trolll. other people have used caps and improper grammer and such , even you, and yet you say nothing to them? TROLL! another bleeding c-unt.

tattooedmonk
11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Caps for emphasis / ass, if you could read you would see that i posted i would put some on this w/e. BTW that all you got you ***** Also this is a forum not a diction or english class. who cares if you focus on grammer or spelling. I dont. KChes just a troll...look he and his buddies even made fun of my name...:rolleyes: :D:cool:

brucereiter
11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
But the weight distribution does matter.

yes. very much so.

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Would love to win it , then, I could afford to pay all these wannabees a visit and test their in person skills in their awesome MA.. KC

brucereiter
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll take a look.

Fair enough. So please elaborate on your observations and critiques and let's compare to a master you believe shows a thorough understanding.

i think the method weight/mass transfer is one of the big differences.

here are links to a couple people that i think display understanding of chen tai chi chuan.
chen yu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSiRbTAn3A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PKRmT-xgc&feature=related

Feng Zhiqiang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3A_0zCbYNM&feature=related

for a good laugh he i am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvaC2h1X5qw&list=UU_bOaCAreE6ZH-Kl1AF49vw&index=19&feature=plcp

brucereiter
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM

for conditioning purpose you are correct. go as low as you can and still maintain your "tai chi" movement.

for usage purpose height will depend on circumstance.

brucereiter
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I think those are great comments and agree 100% that the principles shoul be maintained. Personally, I thInk it makes sense to go as low as possible while still being able to have relaxed breathing and smooth transition. Also to keep in mind how pushing hands is played.
all good things to keep in mind.

Typically the lower the stance the firmer the root.

often times yes but like any position it has strong pros/cons.

sean_stonehart
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
often times yes but like any position it has strong pros/cons.

Incredibly correct. Low doesn't always mean stable and/or rooted.

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2012, 12:01 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
The lower the stance the lower the center of gravity.
The wider the stance, the wider the base.
How stable a stance is has to do with how it handles force being exerted upon it.
How "rooted" a stance is has to do with how "immobile" it is ( how it is able to not move from its current position).

Old Noob
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm 40 and have a knee issue that will ultimately put me in the same position you're in now with your hip. My doctor told me already I should stop doing low squats, 1-leg-squats, etc. When I asked for how long, he said, "for ever." My response has been to cut way back on the "knee hazing" (long time in horse stance, tons of 1 leg squats, etc.) but to continue to try to hit good stances in forms and take a ****-ton of motrin.

All that being said, I think stance mechanics are more important than stance depth. So, if your stance and rooting are correct higher but you can go lower at the expense of one of the other things, you should stay higher. At some point, the ability to get low matters. One example that come to mind is our standing back sweeps (like in sparring tech 6) where you sort of need to be finishing in a bow stance (with the sweeping leg being the back leg of the bow stance) but many beginners finish bent over because they can't get low enough to det good velocity/distance with the sweeping leg. Bending over on that sweep makes you super-prone to getting pulled down by the swept party.

I'm sure I'm being clear as mud but, hopefully, you all know what I mean.

OldandUsed
11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
@Bruce, yes, I liked your movement with the Chen and Yang styles.

Old Noob
11-08-2012, 12:10 PM
And clearly you don't have what it takes to understand these quotes.

You are right, it is easy to read a quote. I have a 300+ page PDF full of great quotes that I have collected. I read one I like, a copy and paste it to my quotes PDF. I'm not going to apologize for that. The fact that the quote went over your head speaks volumes. Just man up, son.

As far as me being able to think for myself, ***** please. :rolleyes:

I have annihilated every dumb post you have made and you are too dumb to see it. How bout we ask the forum? Nutthuggers please refrain. Be honest and judge on intellect and not personal feelings.

Let's hear it? I have thick skin, rock on wit ya bad selves!!!

Don't you think that talking to KC or TTM over and over again and expecting that they'll come around, admit fault, and sing kumbaya with you might be approaching the message of the quote? Just askin. ;)

brucereiter
11-08-2012, 12:29 PM
All that being said, I think stance mechanics are more important than stance depth. So, if your stance and rooting are correct higher but you can go lower at the expense of one of the other things, you should stay higher. At some point, the ability to get low matters. One example that come to mind is our standing back sweeps (like in sparring tech 6) where you sort of need to be finishing in a bow stance (with the sweeping leg being the back leg of the bow stance) but many beginners finish bent over because they can't get low enough to det good velocity/distance with the sweeping leg. Bending over on that sweep makes you super-prone to getting pulled down by the swept party.

good information.

brucereiter
11-08-2012, 12:30 PM
@Bruce, yes, I liked your movement with the Chen and Yang styles.

thank you.

Lucas
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
here is a demo video by a grandmaster of the chen taijiquan system, chen xiaowang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkd2KvUoxuY

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
here is a demo video by a grandmaster of the chen taijiquan system, chen xiaowang

Xiaowang always has good jing in his demos.

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
This thread has almost as much views as:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcs0ahs0Rt1ro2d43.gif

sanjuro_ronin
11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
http://img7.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-gangnam-style-girls-404097.gif

Lucas
11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
http://img7.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-gangnam-style-girls-404097.gif

this takes awesome to a whole new level

Empty_Cup
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM

Here's a video of taiji 24 performed in the low stance. I think this lady really maintains a balanced and relaxed stance despite being low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvF6r6DOvc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Empty_Cup
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm 40 and have a knee issue that will ultimately put me in the same position you're in now with your hip. My doctor told me already I should stop doing low squats, 1-leg-squats, etc. When I asked for how long, he said, "for ever." My response has been to cut way back on the "knee hazing" (long time in horse stance, tons of 1 leg squats, etc.) but to continue to try to hit good stances in forms and take a ****-ton of motrin.

Just a thought ON, but you should try picking up cycling. I used to have knee problems especially with the tendons and after cycling 3 times a week for at least 40 mins they disappeared.

Lucas
11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Here's a video of taiji 24 performed in the low stance. I think this lady really maintains a balanced and relaxed stance despite being low.

she has really good form. i think one aspect about low stances in a lot of forms that isnt talked about too much is grappling. throwing in particular. while a low stance can inhibit your mobility in terms of application during most striking, i think it is important during training of form to develop the ability to perform in very low postures, especially when you add grappling into the equation.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I KNOW OR HOW SMART I AM OR HOW DUMB I AM YOU ARE A WEAK LITTLE MAN TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BIGGER BY CUTTING OTHERS DOWN , TYPICAL BULLY MENTALITY. i HAVE NOTHING TO DEFEND SO I WONT COMMENT ON YOUR STUPIDITY AND LACK OF MARTIAL SPIRIT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TYPE OF INTERACTION YOU CHOOSE TO SEEK. WE ALL HAVE OUR POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES, I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER BE DUMB THAN BE LIKE YOU. KC:eek::D

Too easy. lol. I love how I am all upfront about my motives and you still break.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
no surprise that you would find something so small to pick on , what a fcuking trolll. other people have used caps and improper grammer and such , even you, and yet you say nothing to them? TROLL! another bleeding c-unt.

There is a difference. KC uses caps because he can't handle what's tossed his way. When HSW does it it's because he's seeing his culture being raped by retards. Clearly he has cause to be annoyed. It's not cause he can't handle the words thrown at him. KC, he's just weak in the head.

Who else leaves whole posts that just say f u man, f u... what an *******... etc etc...?

Syn7
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Would love to win it , then, I could afford to pay all these wannabees a visit and test their in person skills in their awesome MA.. KC

You would travel in order to settle hard feelings from the net? Good way to get clipped. You should totally strive for that.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't you think that talking to KC or TTM over and over again and expecting that they'll come around, admit fault, and sing kumbaya with you might be approaching the message of the quote? Just askin. ;)

It's all good, you can ask.

Nah, I stated a long time ago that I wasn't expecting them to come around. I also made my reasons for being here quite clear. I can see how it would look that way if you only read a few posts here and there. Read em all if you're interested. Although, I wouldn't bother if I were you. Nothing special. Unless you wanna play too, that is...

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Are you gonna FUKKing post up your imperical evidence of my lineages 5 animal form being taught by anyone else in a legitimate school, or do you just admit defeat and like sin the, you too lied about having evidence to prove me wrong? One single person.

I've waited long enough for your nonsense. You are a fraud and fake just like jake mace. Not forgetting, you're a dense individual. In other words.......stfu you fraud.

"JUST YOU WATCH, I HAVE PROOF!" OK WHERE IS IT? "ITS NOT HERE YET"..........................

STFU YOU FRAUD.....TOO AFRAID TO POST UP A VIDEO OF YOURSELF CAUSE YOU MAY REVEAL YOURSELF AS POSSIBLY JAKE MACE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU DUMB PELICAN.

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
You are such a silly little boy, BREAK ??? what the heck does that even mean. You arent man enough or smart enough to break a toothpick. All you guys do is talk on the internet and get tendinitis or carpal tunnel from typing or Jackin off. You are a bunch of jokes. Cant really fight so you type.
Heres a quote for ya Syn 7 UP .
Those who can do those who cant type. You Type alot a whole lot. KC

Syn7
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
No No, you have it all wrong. I don't get CTS because I ******* so much. Get it straight!!!
It's good kung fu!!!

Really, you don't know what I mean when I say "break"? Wanna see how long it takes to happen again?;)

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 06:50 PM
you are such a silly little boy, break ??? What the heck does that even mean. You arent man enough or smart enough to break a toothpick. All you guys do is talk on the internet and get tendinitis or carpal tunnel from typing or jackin off. You are a bunch of jokes. Cant really fight so you type.
Heres a quote for ya syn 7 up .
Those who can do those who cant type. You type alot a whole lot. Kc

you can come to san francisco and get some. :d

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
For something to happen again , it has to have happened before. It hasnt happened yet and wont. And definately not by a PUNK like YOU. this is just entertainment. You question a persons intelligence over the internet , now that is stupid. You sit a pathetic Man? Maybe? Trying to do what ever you can to build up an ego. That includes fabricating the thought that you could Break someone, or Psych them out. Ha I am truly amused by your Vanity. KC

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I truly wish I could afford to visit you. From what I have seen you bring Dishonor on your teacher and MA style by saying you belong to that style. and you Type more than Syn 7 UP, You should be in SD you would fit well in Denver. KC

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
for something to happen again , it has to have happened before. It hasnt happened yet and wont. And definately not by a punk like you. This is just entertainment. You question a persons intelligence over the internet , now that is stupid. You sit a pathetic man? Maybe? Trying to do what ever you can to build up an ego. That includes fabricating the thought that you could break someone, or psych them out. Ha i am truly amused by your vanity. Kc

have you posted up a video of yourself yet? I'm sure we'd all shut up if you have the mad deadly skills. Even my fat ass puts up video's. So where's yours? We wanna see your awesome kong foo skills too. If you actually have any skills to brag about, lets see. School us.

Please :d

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 07:00 PM
HSK, You know I tried to be civil with you , then you get all crazy and s///, I was ready to post a vid of GMThe but now I wont take the time todo that either. Boy you just dont learn do you. KC

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
hsk
i truly wish i could afford to visit you. From what i have seen you bring dishonor on your teacher and ma style by saying you belong to that style. And you type more than syn 7 up, you should be in sd you would fit well in denver. Kc

i bring dishonor by calling out a bunch of frauds.....really?
Well, what you don't get to see it the messages from tons of people i get about you phoneys. Karate gi wearin' wannabe kung fu guy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........these non chinese suckas got dooped by an indonesian hahahahahahaha.

Sucka's.

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 07:05 PM
hsk, you know i tried to be civil with you , then you get all crazy and s///, i was ready to post a vid of gmthe but now i wont take the time todo that either. Boy you just dont learn do you. Kc

you know what? I'll be that jerk and be the first to tell you here on this form that you will never in your life be able to produce a video of sin the demonstrating what he calls gung fu that any of us would be impressed by. i call your bluff right now!!!!!!!!!!!

fuk sin the, show me your video.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 07:08 PM
For something to happen again , it has to have happened before. It hasnt happened yet and wont. And definately not by a PUNK like YOU. this is just entertainment. You question a persons intelligence over the internet , now that is stupid. You sit a pathetic Man? Maybe? Trying to do what ever you can to build up an ego. That includes fabricating the thought that you could Break someone, or Psych them out. Ha I am truly amused by your Vanity. KC

For what to happen again?

You're past middle age and you can't afford to go to Frisco? Whose fault is that, Obama or Bush?

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
you're past middle age and you can't afford to go to frisco? Whose fault is that, obama or bush?

lololololololololololololol :d

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
See thats what I am talkin about your lack of civility. You really dont get it do ya. You seemed sincere when you were talking about your form being stolen. well I dont care where it comes from. If I learned it I will do it. and teach it if I want. So sit there on your fat ass and wonder what I had to post. It was far better than an Italian Fat man in street shoes. KC

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Syn Is that the best you can do , your losin it man , oops no youve never had it. KC

Syn7
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Still waiting for an answer.

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Still waiting for an answer.

That was typed to TTM I do believe. KC

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
See thats what I am talkin about your lack of civility. You really dont get it do ya. You seemed sincere when you were talking about your form being stolen. well I dont care where it comes from. If I learned it I will do it. and teach it if I want. So sit there on your fat ass and wonder what I had to post. It was far better than an Italian Fat man in street shoes. KC

I AM WITTHOUT A DOUBT SERIOUSLY SINCERE. FUK CIVILITY. THIS ISN'T THE renaissance AND NONE OF YOU ARE KNIGHTLY. :eek: CALL ME THE DARK KNIGHT BIATCH!!!!!! (EXCLUDING BATMAN AND FATMAN....lol)

I'M STILL WAITING FOR TATTOOED MAMMA'S BOY TO PRODUCE SOME FUKKIN EVIDENCE LIKE HE'S BEEN BLUFFING ABOUT.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
That was typed to TTM I do believe. KC

Empty Cup, actually.
But I'm asking anyone willing to address the issue.

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
as yourself why anyone would give you what you want. TTM nor anyone on here have anything to prove. KC

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
originally posted by syn7 view post
you mean skt has issue with people seeing certain footage? Why ever would that be? Is he embarrassed? Afraid of having more of his fraud exposed? Or is he being the most hypocritical mother****er on earth and just worried somebody else may take his forms and sell them under another banner?

the only reason for sin the's secrecy is to avoid being called out by the martial community for boosting forms from vcds, dvds, books, vhs and so on.

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
see thats what i am talkin about your lack of civility. You really dont get it do ya. You seemed sincere when you were talking about your form being stolen. Well i dont care where it comes from. If i learned it i will do it. And teach it if i want. So sit there on your fat ass and wonder what i had to post. It was far better than an italian fat man in street shoes. Kc

see, thing is you don't know who i know. And if i felt inclined i could find you out too. If i find you teaching our form, i won't be responsible if i happened to show up at your school and lock the doors. Plain and simple. You never know what could happen to you.

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 08:05 PM
it was far better than an italian fat man in street shoes.

who is your b1tch ass referring to? Now, i know you're not referring to my sifu cause if you ever entertained that thought the entire martial art community will point and laugh at you and all you stand for. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. No one is that stupid hahahahahahahahahahaha.

i can give a better performance half dead and at 350 lbs any day compared to anything sin the can do. Straight up.

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
HSK I would probably have to perform CPR on your fat ass, from where you had a Cardiac event trying to move your Lard ass around. Thats what would happen. Get a life man we all know people. KC

kwaichang
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
please feel so inclined. KC

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
hsk i would probably have to perform cpr on your fat ass, from where you had a cardiac event trying to move your lard ass around. Thats what would happen. Get a life man we all know people. Kc

oh i love love love dealing with dumbfacks like yourself that underestimate me for being portly. Hahaha....cause you'll change your mind once you get a taste of these hands.

Fat ass....hahahah oh you think that hurts huh? Fat ass....lolololol.
I be you think i'm hella slow too for being so fat huh??
I'm just nothin more than a bunch of jelly rolls huh?

I got a bridge to sell you biatch!!!!!! :d

Drake
11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
What a waste of my time. All these guys do is talk talk talk.... probably never train, and if they do, it's a grueling 15-minute ****ed up mantis form "training" session.

This is my last and final comment in this thread, because it's clear I'm dealing with loud mouthed cowards who have no legitimate ability.

So bray like goats, cowards, because you know you live in fear from real warriors, and can only type bull**** because there are no consequences of blood and pain.

Please, continue... can't wait to hear what garbage you spew out next.

Syn7
11-08-2012, 08:55 PM
hes just a troll...look he and his buddies even made fun of my name...:rolleyes: :D:cool:

Are you really talking to KC about retarded plays on names? Really? Ya boy lacks the gift, he's shooting blanks, and resorts to what you are dissing.

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 09:04 PM
are you really talking to kc about retarded plays on names? Really? Ya boy lacks the gift, he's shooting blanks, and resorts to what you are dissing.

his BULLETS HAVE NO POWDER. Hahahahahahaha

Syn7
11-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Don't hate the man, hate the sin.

Another quote for ya dumb ass! Look familiar?

Syn7
11-08-2012, 09:12 PM
his BULLETS HAVE NO POWDER. Hahahahahahaha

or POWER!

He needs some wombat love. Gotta get in ya!

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
wombat combat!!!!!!!!!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/397699_10150474379762732_674885817_n.jpg

hskwarrior
11-08-2012, 11:19 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-A8TXnncKc1k/TflZluMPzmI/AAAAAAAAAJk/_0pS_pHPceU/s1600/capt+jack+s%252Cidgaf.jpg

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 04:14 AM

So I guess we are still waiting for the "good stuff," though I find it ironic that for a system that rips forms from other styles would be have qualms about posting material.

"either The learned something from a real teacher a long, long time ago and got extremely rusty, or he learned it from a book or a video. Definitely not "grandmaster" material." You hit the nail on the head. I think The had a real kung tao teacher, but once he came to America and deemed himself "grandmaster" of shaolin-do. Whatever he did was "correct" to his students and he got very rusty.

For what it's worth, I think the learning stuff from books or video came after the fall of the Sportscenter when he had difficult financial times.

Empty_Cup
11-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Honestly, I'd be happy to oblige because there are a few vids I've seen that I think are really nice. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of permission to post this stuff, so it's left to whatever is already public domain.

You mean SKT has issue with people seeing certain footage? Why ever would that be? ...

Getting permission implies having the opportunity to ask for it.

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 06:18 AM
OK talkin about training, DRake has posted 5008 posts at 30 seconds average per post that equals to a total of 41.75 hours of non training time. Syn 7 is at 4123 at a total of 34.36 hours, and our boy HSK leads the way at 9195 posts a total of 76.63 hours of time on this forum. If they are spending all this time on the internet then when do you train esp you DRAKE. I am not talking army push button stuff either. KC:)

taai gihk yahn
11-09-2012, 06:36 AM
I was ready to post a vid of GMThe but now I wont take the time todo that either.KC

sure; of course you were; just seconds away from hitting send, no doubt...:rolleyes:

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Yes I realy was I have them at home and only needed to download them , You can thank HSK for that. KC:)

sanjuro_ronin
11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
OK talkin about training, DRake has posted 5008 posts at 30 seconds average per post that equals to a total of 41.75 hours of non training time. Syn 7 is at 4123 at a total of 34.36 hours, and our boy HSK leads the way at 9195 posts a total of 76.63 hours of time on this forum. If they are spending all this time on the internet then when do you train esp you DRAKE. I am not talking army push button stuff either. KC:)

That would really depend on WHEN people post dude.
I myself never post in the evenings cause, well, I am either training or taking care of my family.
I like to post during the day, at work, as a break from work.
It refreshes me and gets me more productive.

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 07:25 AM
"Time well wasted is time not wasted at all. " Bruce Lee It is still wasted time and we are all guilty of it just some more than others and they are the ones that often accuse others of not training , right DRAKE. KC

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 08:25 AM
yes i realy was i have them at home and only needed to download them , you can thank hsk for that. Kc

yeah thank me. You really should.

Lucas
11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
can i have a dollar?

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Just a thought ON, but you should try picking up cycling. I used to have knee problems especially with the tendons and after cycling 3 times a week for at least 40 mins they disappeared.

That's a good idea and I've been toying with the idea of cycling on my commute. I'm not really willing otherwise to substitute any of my other exercise regime to add cycling but we'll see. If I do it, I'll let you know whether there's a change.

Lucas
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM
cycling is pretty good. low impact and constant work on those knees. i live in a really high pop cycle city and used to ride for a good bit but got tired of the near death experiences, but i would agree its pretty helpful on a rough knee. even if you dont go for the commute route, you could do something like drive home and then run what errands you can on a bike during your off time. kind of like look at the errands you have and then make a schedule to follow for the specific ones you can do cycling.

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 09:48 AM
It's all good, you can ask.

Nah, I stated a long time ago that I wasn't expecting them to come around. I also made my reasons for being here quite clear. I can see how it would look that way if you only read a few posts here and there. Read em all if you're interested. Although, I wouldn't bother if I were you. Nothing special. Unless you wanna play too, that is...

Sadly, I've read this whole thing. I just don't remember everyone's motivations. I just thought the instant conversation was interesting in the context of the quote.

I'm not really interested in too much playing (verbal jousting). Though I do SD, I'm not an SD lineage defender. I think there are some aspects of the sytem that show some ingenuity and I think its sad that the U.S. representative of the system engaged in such shady practices that have resulted in most people's unwillingness to see any good in the system.

I also think that Frank has reason to be upset but that he displays poor character in the way he's managed it. Particularly, he's taken some racist positions and some pretty ****phobic positions while making claims about honor and respect. It's become clear to me that Frank is not opposed to stealing but merely to stealing from him, which is fine if one is honest about it.

It's also clear that Frank, TTM, KC, and others are cluttering up the thread with exceedingly redundant trolling an vitriol that makes it difficult to have productive conversatoin (like the interspersed conversation on stances that peppered in with the trollfest). It keeps the thread at the top of the forum but shows all involved to be pretty ridiculous. Even if someone is just bored, it seems like there might be something more fun to do than stir a troll pot. Still, I see why it can be fun.

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
cycling is pretty good. low impact and constant work on those knees. i live in a really high pop cycle city and used to ride for a good bit but got tired of the near death experiences, but i would agree its pretty helpful on a rough knee. even if you dont go for the commute route, you could do something like drive home and then run what errands you can on a bike during your off time. kind of like look at the errands you have and then make a schedule to follow for the specific ones you can do cycling.

Also a good suggestion. I used to mountain bike a ton but haven't done it as much lately. Maybe I'll bring that back.

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I appologize to those who wish to have constructive conversation on here about MA and SD, I will no longer respond to those kinds of posts . I fell into the trap of trying to defend my self and didnt even need to.
And I would like to know if Lau Bun ever became an american citizen , thereis talk he didnt, if so he was another Asian profiting off stupid american people. GwaiLo KC:)

pazman
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm not really interested in too much playing (verbal jousting). Though I do SD, I'm not an SD lineage defender. I think there are some aspects of the sytem that show some ingenuity and I think its sad that the U.S. representative of the system engaged in such shady practices that have resulted in most people's unwillingness to see any good in the system.

Wait, is Sin The the US representative of a Shaolin Do organization in Indonesia? If that is the case why isn't anyone emailing them to find out about this stuff?

(Don't worry, I think I know how this answer's gonna end up)

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I appologize to those who wish to have constructive conversation on here about MA and SD, I will no longer respond to those kinds of posts . I fell into the trap of trying to defend my self and didnt even need to.
And I would like to know if Lau Bun ever became an american citizen , thereis talk he didnt, if so he was another Asian profiting off stupid american people. GwaiLo KC

no, i don't thing he was. lmao what a weak hella lame attempt to strike back. you dumb ****, lau bun only taught his own people and never taught white or black people anything. HE tried to keep it away from you unfamiliars and out of your hands.

here is lau bun...in his 70's showing more skill than sin the could only pray to have. and HE has a legit lineage which doesn't have hairy sasquathces and fake temples in his background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj51df4-STI

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Please just answer the question and keep your rhetoric to your self , so is a Bigot better than a thief ? Yes or No? KC:)

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Wait, is Sin The the US representative of a Shaolin Do organization in Indonesia? If that is the case why isn't anyone emailing them to find out about this stuff?

Frank,

That's a reasonable question that points out a lack of clarity in my post so I'll answer.

When I called Sin The the U.S. representative, that wasn't a good characterization. The school/system in Indonesia wasn't called Shaolin Do. It was called Central Plains (something). Having said that, I believe that SD contains the stuff Sin The learned at Central Plains in Indonesia, plus what he took from books and other materials, likely after the Sports Center folded. I don't really believe that Sin The made the material up as he said in his deposition. I think its more likely that Sin The claimed to have made up much of what he learned at Central Plains to protect his U.S. copyright.

The stuff I think he brought with him from Indonesia, from Central Plains, is the stuff that I think is ingenious to a certain degree and that exists in the U.S. as SD. Of course SD also appears to contain material that was taken from other sources after Sin The's arrival in the U.S. So, I think parts of the SD system are ingenous; namely the part that both Sin and Hiang teach that came from central plains. I wish that Sin The had marketed the material from Central Plains differently as I believe that it is solid stuff. That was really my point.

As for why we don't email central plains, I'm just not that interested. As I've said before, the material I'm getting is good and from a solid instructor who is geographically separated from the SD center of mass. Moreover, since Sin learned only from Ie - as opposed to Hiang, who learned from several teachers at Central Plains - and since Ie is dead, I don't really know who I'd email. I'm not going to fly to Indonesia, seek out a student of Ie's and become his disciple. I have a job in D.C. I have to ge to every day and Indonesia - DC would be a ***** of a commute.:)

I don't know why I tell you all of this, Frank, since I've written you off as a decent human being but you correctly pointed out that I was unclear and I thought I'd clarify my position.

pazman
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm not Frank.

But that's interesting. Either Sin The lied to his students, he made it all up, thus can keep his copyright OR he lied to the court, thus making him a criminal.

Now that is a tough spot to be in.

Very interesting.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 11:19 AM
i know people can read....but i'll repeat.

NO, lau bun was most likely NOT a citizen of the USA. i can be wrong too.

yet, what does lau bun being a citizen have to do with Sin The creating martial arts out of thin air and taught it to you unsuspecting gwai lo?

See, Lau bun's hung sing choy lee fut has already been verified as authentic hung sing choy lee fut by the birthplace school. meaning, they have what we have. so, what does this have to do with Sin The? NOTHING. Lau Bun is the acknowledged REAL DEAL of Chinatown many times over but the leading martial artists of their time.

It would be incorrect to say Lau Bun never taught a GWAI LO because he has done so with very select people like the legendary actor anthony quinn and a hawaiian. he purposefully only taught to his own people and he represented one of the most famous branches of Choy Lee Fut. and he died not teaching the GWAI LO.

so what does this question have to do with Sin The again??????

I don't know why I tell you all of this, Frank, since I've written you off as a decent human being but you correctly pointed out that I was unclear and I thought I'd clarify my position.

You don't know me nor what i'm about. so you complaining how i treat a bunch of thieves and generally undesirables is kind of silly when u're part of them, especially on A FORUM.

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm not Frank.

But that's interesting. Either Sin The lied to his students, he made it all up, thus can keep his copyright OR he lied to the court, thus making him a criminal.

Very interesting.

I apologize for the mistaken identity. Clearly, my coffee levels are running low today.

It's pretty clear that Sin The has either lied under oath or to his students. That was all sorted out here and on the Bullshido thread about 5 months ago or so. There's really no other way around it. That's not new news.

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Well I think there is some relevance here. You dislike SKThe and SD because of GM The and what he did as dishonorable. Yet he did teach whites Blacks Asian Mexican Vietnamese etc. Lau Bun would not. That makes him either prejudice or a Bigot. SKThe to you is a thief and Liar. Both criminal offenses. Lau Bun was an Illegal Alien that is Illegal too. So i guess one should learn to forgive and accept people for who they are not necessarily what may or may not have happened in the past. KC

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 12:00 PM

No. Sin came to America, promoted himself from 5th to Grandmaster and then did whatever he wanted. He may have been a well-respected or even the highest ranking student under Ie, but SD the way it developed under Sin The, is probably very different than what the organization in Indonesia was doing.

I'm still bummed that the Indonesia videos were taken down. It was interesting to see students in Indonesia that never trained under Sin The do the same forms that we know and see the simularities and differences in them.

kwaichang
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Who originally put those vids up. KC

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not Frank.

Very interesting.

I agree. I have seen video of a student in Indonesia doing forms that Sin The claimed he made up. I think he lied under oath (most likely).

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Who originally put those vids up. KC

I don't know. Very few people had that video. The poster on youtube called himself oldthunderfist.

Jimbo
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Well I think there is some relevance here. You dislike SKThe and SD because of GM The and what he did as dishonorable. Yet he did teach whites Blacks Asian Mexican Vietnamese etc. Lau Bun would not. That makes him either prejudice or a Bigot. SKThe to you is a thief and Liar. Both criminal offenses. Lau Bun was an Illegal Alien that is Illegal too. So i guess one should learn to forgive and accept people for who they are not necessarily what may or may not have happened in the past. KC

The time period in which Lau Bun lived here was very different than today. Chinese and any Asians in general were not always accepted or treated with respect and dignity by non-Asians. People were much more overt about their prejudices. Maybe Lau Bun had his reasons? Besides, during Lau Bun's lifetime, relatively few non-Chinese would have been aware of or interested in CLF in the first place.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Frank, didn't Ed Parker come to see Lau Bun seeking to learn once? Or maybe it was Jew Leong?

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM
That makes him either prejudice or a Bigot. SKThe to you is a thief and Liar. Both criminal offenses. Lau Bun was an Illegal Alien that is Illegal too. So i guess one should learn to forgive and accept people for who they are not necessarily what may or may not have happened in the past. KC

this is hella funny. who care's what you have to say? you don't even practice kung fu karate man!!!!!! hahahahahaha

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Frank, didn't Ed Parker come to see Lau Bun seeking to learn once? Or maybe it was Jew Leong?

yes ed parker would visit Lau Bun. but so did Ralph castro, Emperado, bruce lee, and so forth. did he teach them anything? no. parker would buy lau bun's dit da jow however.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM
The time period in which Lau Bun lived here was very different than today. Chinese and any Asians in general were not always accepted or treated with respect and dignity by non-Asians. People were much more overt about their prejudices. Maybe Lau Bun had his reasons? Besides, during Lau Bun's lifetime, relatively few non-Chinese would have been aware of or interested in CLF in the first place.

i wasn't going to teach him that. i was gonna let him drown in his ignorance. as my sigung would tell it, lau bun was the first. and his reasons for not teaching what were then viewed as the ENEMEY (non Chinese) is iexactly that reason. they were the enemy. The whites were always targeting the chinese in those days (decades before sin the was even born). so why would anyone teach the enemy how to hurt or possibly kill his own countrymen?

"Oh, lau bun was an illegal alien" so fukkin what? who cares? but while your people were bullying the sick man of asia do you think lau bun wanted to teach them anything other than how not to fuk with the chinese? IDC if you're KKK or BGF don't try to play that race card sh1t. you weak minded fuk.

Jimbo
11-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I'd also add that the Spaniards, the pilgrims and other early Europeans would be considered "illegal aliens" by today's standards.

-N-
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
And I would like to know if Lau Bun ever became an american citizen , thereis talk he didnt,

NO, lau bun was most likely NOT a citizen of the USA. i can be wrong too.

Lau Bun was an Illegal Alien that is Illegal too.

That's a pretty big jump from "not a citizen" to "illegal alien".

No wonder us asians are the perpetual foreigner.

RJ797
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
1,000 plus pages, 15,000 plus posts and we have learned a few things:

Sin The’ learned some type of Indonesian / Chinese hybrid in Bandung. Let’s say a couple of styles and maybe 50 forms.

He learned from some guy named Ie Chang Ming who may or may not have told him stories about Su Kong Tai Djin and the “lineage”

The whole uniform and belt thing is meaningless. Anyone who thinks the clothes someone wears verifies what type of martial arts someone is doing supports the concept that they wore gis in Bandung to appear Japanese to the authorities in a very anti-Chinese country.

He started to train people in Kentucky in what he called Chinese Karate. It appears they considered “Kung-Fu” to mean competitive wu-shu at the school in Bandung.

Sin The was adamant that what he taught be called karate and not kung-fu until around 1990. He was unhappy when the Soards put Kung-Fu on their school sign. At some point Sin The Karate Club became Shaolin-Do and the terms kung-fu, sifu, form etc. came into use in place of karate, sensei, kata and kumite.

Eventually, Sin The’ ran out of new material to teach. He had already added Tai Chi and Pa Kua that he acquired from some source other than his school in Indonesia. As a business decision, he got some more books and kept teaching “new” material. The kool-aid drinkers were and some still are unwilling / unable to see what is very obvious. Sin The did not master much of anything he has taught in the last 20 years. He really did not have enough understanding of what he was teaching to even be teaching it. Every form taught regardless of what it was called in the book he took it from was called “The Shaolin.......”

Sin The’s teaching out a vast amount of material that came from books and videos in the last 20 years coincides with his need to generate a decent income with little effort so he could concentrate on his movie. It is also painfully obvious that Sin The’ has cared a lot more about the movie than martial arts for almost 25 years now.

SD has more than it’s fair share of really bad martial artists. Some of this is due to a lack of standards for rank advancement. Some of it is due to bad teachers who only know what the next move is according to what Sin The’ showed at some point and their misguided belief that whatever Sin The’ taught was “perfect”

Some people have pointed out that there is an occasional good martial artist in SD as a defense of the system. However, it is really the opposite of a good defense. It is proof of the systemic lack of proper training and practice. Look at how horrifically bad Leonard and the Soards are. They do do exactly what Sin The’ taught them and are furious with anyone who would question the perfectness of what they do.

The people like Nance and Grooms may have started in SD and learned the original material that Sin The’ was taught in Bandung and was probably qualified to teach, but weren't blind little sheep. It makes no sense to say “Look at Grooms doing Tai Chi! See we have good internal martial arts in Shaolin-Do!” When he looks nothing like Sin The’ or Leonard. If the only good SD people are the ones that decided to find out on their own how to do long fist or Tai Chi or whatever, it pretty well proves the point that the “system” is not training good martial artists.

Clearly, Sin The’ cannot be respected for the pile of lies that were told for years to friends, family, students and most recently in a court deposition. These lies have caught up with him. The chickens coming home to roost are very large.

sean_stonehart
11-09-2012, 01:31 PM

<<snipped>>

I like this post...

Lucas
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I was also wondering, in regards to the temple history aspect, if maybe SKT was lied to in the first place, and unknowingly perpetuated that falsehood. It is possible.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
yes ed parker would visit Lau Bun. but so did Ralph castro, Emperado, bruce lee, and so forth. did he teach them anything? no. parker would buy lau bun's dit da jow however.

Frank, why not?

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Sin The’ learned some type of Indonesian / Chinese hybrid in Bandung. Let’s say a couple of styles and maybe 50 forms.

He learned from some guy named Ie Chang Ming who may or may not have told him stories about Su Kong Tai Djin and the “lineage”

The whole uniform and belt thing is meaningless. Anyone who thinks the clothes someone wears verifies what type of martial arts someone is doing supports the concept that they wore gis in Bandung to appear Japanese to the authorities in a very anti-Chinese country.

He started to train people in Kentucky in what he called Chinese Karate. It appears they considered “Kung-Fu” to mean competitive wu-shu at the school in Bandung.

Sin The was adamant that what he taught be called karate and not kung-fu until around 1990. He was unhappy when the Soards put Kung-Fu on their school sign. At some point Sin The Karate Club became Shaolin-Do and the terms kung-fu, sifu, form etc. came into use in place of karate, sensei, kata and kumite.

Eventually, Sin The’ ran out of new material to teach. He had already added Tai Chi and Pa Kua that he acquired from some source other than his school in Indonesia. As a business decision, he got some more books and kept teaching “new” material. The kool-aid drinkers were and some still are unwilling / unable to see what is very obvious. Sin The did not master much of anything he has taught in the last 20 years. He really did not have enough understanding of what he was teaching to even be teaching it. Every form taught regardless of what it was called in the book he took it from was called “The Shaolin.......”

Sin The’s teaching out a vast amount of material that came from books and videos in the last 20 years coincides with his need to generate a decent income with little effort so he could concentrate on his movie. It is also painfully obvious that Sin The’ has cared a lot more about the movie than martial arts for almost 25 years now.

SD has more than it’s fair share of really bad martial artists. Some of this is due to a lack of standards for rank advancement. Some of it is due to bad teachers who only know what the next move is according to what Sin The’ showed at some point and their misguided belief that whatever Sin The’ taught was “perfect”

Some people have pointed out that there is an occasional good martial artist in SD as a defense of the system. However, it is really the opposite of a good defense. It is proof of the systemic lack of proper training and practice. Look at how horrifically bad Leonard and the Soards are. They do do exactly what Sin The’ taught them and are furious with anyone who would question the perfectness of what they do.

The people like Nance and Grooms may have started in SD and learned the original material that Sin The’ was taught in Bandung and was probably qualified to teach, but weren't blind little sheep. It makes no sense to say “Look at Grooms doing Tai Chi! See we have good internal martial arts in Shaolin-Do!” When he looks nothing like Sin The’ or Leonard. If the only good SD people are the ones that decided to find out on their own how to do long fist or Tai Chi or whatever, it pretty well proves the point that the “system” is not training good martial artists.

Clearly, Sin The’ cannot be respected for the pile of lies that were told for years to friends, family, students and most recently in a court deposition. These lies have caught up with him. The chickens coming home to roost are very large.

Very nice and accurate summary. SD would be very different if Sin The had not put out a hookey lineage and stuck to teaching what he really knew.

I stayed with it and defended it for as long as I did because I was fortunate to have good teachers that were practical and ignored or minimized the mumbo jumbo, but the evidence is overwhelming....

MasterKiller
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I was also wondering, in regards to the temple history aspect, if maybe SKT was lied to in the first place, and unknowingly perpetuated that falsehood. It is possible.

I think his grandpappy Master Ie probably told him tall tales, which he later inflated to make himself seem more important.

I don't understand why more high level SD guys don't just visit Central Shaolin themselves and get the scoop. Out of all the Grand Poobah Senior Disciple Masters in the system, you'd think a few would take the plunge.

Or write a letter. How hard can it be?

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Sure it's possible. His brother tells almost the same history. But it's more likely that these stories were told to add to the mystique of his own self-wrought image.

All of this is why I would like to learn more of what was really taught in Indoneisa and where that material came from. It's a pipe-dream, I know.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I think his grandpappy Master Ie probably told him tall tales, which he later inflated to make himself seem more important.

I don't understand why more high level SD guys don't just visit Central Shaolin themselves and get the scoop. Out of all the Grand Poobah Senior Disciple Masters in the system, you'd think a few would take the plunge.

Or write a letter. How hard can it be?

MK, I was told that some have tried, but their efforts were not well received in Indonesia. Perhaps they didn't want to meddle in Sin The's financial business.

RJ797
11-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Four of the 8th Degrees have been to Bandung. The Soards, Grooms and Mullins. The Central Plains people called Sin The’ the USA Grandmaster. They are very respectful to him and teach much of the same material (including forms Sin The’ said in deposition he made up). There are still a few of his old classmates around.

I think in 1992 the group that went to Bandung visited Ie Chang Mings home. At the joint demonstration the ranking guy in Bandung made a point of putting himself at the level of Grooms and below Sin The’. From what I understand there is talk of Su Kong, but not of direct Temple lineage.

taai gihk yahn
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes I realy was I have them at home and only needed to download them , You can thank HSK for that. KC:)

you realize that this paints you as basically a big ol' cry-baby who decided to take her ball and go home because she didn't like that another little girl on the playground called her names, right?

sanjuro_ronin
11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
you realize that this paints you as basically a big ol' cry-baby who decided to take her ball and go home because she didn't like that another little girl on the playground called her names, right?

Sand, meet vagina.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
frank, why not?

simply because he was an extremely patriotic chinese man who loved his countrymen as reflected in his original schools name of "wah keung" or strong chinese" more than americans. He didn't want to teach his country's treasure to the very people he'd be defending himself from.

If any of you don't know what americans did to the chinese you need to read up on it. In san francisco back in the day a filipino could not marry a white woman even if they had a child together.

If you're not asian then you don't have the right to say anything about the chinese and why they secluded themselves away from the white world. Is their treasure that we practice today. Its a terrible thing to hear your people (sd) belittling some chinese performers when they themselves didn't peform nearly as well.

You all are practicing kung fu illegally gotten or otherwise. The moment you start the race card sh1t and throw weak insults strongly indicates the raging racism in your own hearts. That goes for white and black. YOU NEED TO RESPECT THEM FOR EVEN ALLOWING YOU TO LEARN A TAD BIT OF THEIR CULTURE.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Four of the 8th Degrees have been to Bandung. The Soards, Grooms and Mullins. The Central Plains people called Sin The’ the USA Grandmaster. They are very respectful to him and teach much of the same material (including forms Sin The’ said in deposition he made up). There are still a few of his old classmates around.

I think in 1992 the group that went to Bandung visited Ie Chang Mings home. At the joint demonstration the ranking guy in Bandung made a point of putting himself at the level of Grooms and below Sin The’. From what I understand there is talk of Su Kong, but not of direct Temple lineage.

Who is the Indonesian Grandmaster? If I moved to Timbukto could I call myself the Timbukto Grandmaster>

Lucas
11-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Who is the Indonesian Grandmaster? If I moved to Timbukto could I call myself the Timbukto Grandmaster>

sorry bro, I'm the Timbukto Grandmaster.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
simply because he was an extremely patriotic chinese man who loved his countrymen as reflected in his original schools name of "wah keung" or strong chinese" more than americans. He didn't want to teach his country's treasure to the very people he'd be defending himself from.

If any of you don't know what americans did to the chinese you need to read up on it. In san francisco back in the day a filipino could not marry a white woman even if they had a child together.

If you're not asian then you don't have the right to say anything about the chinese and why they secluded themselves away from the white world. Is their treasure that we practice today. Its a terrible thing to hear your people (sd) belittling some chinese performers when they themselves didn't peform nearly as well.

You all are practicing kung fu illegally gotten or otherwise. The moment you start the race card sh1t and throw weak insults strongly indicates the raging racism in your own hearts. That goes for white and black. YOU NEED TO RESPECT THEM FOR EVEN ALLOWING YOU TO LEARN A TAD BIT OF THEIR CULTURE.

Frank, I'm not playing any race-card. I have not belittled any performer (except some SD performers) I asked a question. At some point, Hung Sing did start teaching non-chinese. Why did that change?

I have been nothing but respectful to your lineage and your teachers. If you feel otherwise, then you have my apologies. If I have ever been critical it has been by the way some of your points have been made, not because of the point itself.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
sorry bro, I'm the Timbukto Grandmaster.

I see a fight for the title in our future.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
That wasn't meant for you but your answer is still in there.

Lucas
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
I see a fight for the title in our future.

Rope Darts at Dawn

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
at some point, hung sing did start teaching non-chinese. Why did that change?

ok, why did that change? Because not everyone thought like lau bun did. His student bing chan also taught white folks. Jew leong did too but you had to be referred to the school. Sifu told me they didn't take walk ins.

In my opinion, its a good thing that that rule changed. It wasn't for the money like someone here is trying to insinuate in order to fool the gwai lo. I know my elders could care less about money much less trying to fool the gwai lo. There was a tradition being followed. They wouldn't lose sleep, but may sleep very well knowing there was no gwai lo. For them, it wasn't meant for you or me.

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Frank, I'm not playing any race-card. I have not belittled any performer (except some SD performers) I asked a question. At some point, Hung Sing did start teaching non-chinese. Why did that change?

I have been nothing but respectful to your lineage and your teachers. If you feel otherwise, then you have my apologies. If I have ever been critical it has been by the way some of your points have been made, not because of the point itself.

I played the race(ist) card after Frank said:

Originally Posted by hskwarrior
"they suffer from the white man disease. And yeah i know what you're talking about. Its funny to watch."

KC has been making a separate point about Lau Bun and race so I don't know who he's referring to when he says "playing the race card." Could be either.

Old Noob
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Also, I'm the Grandmaster of the 1300 block of New York Avenue, DC.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 02:36 PM
originally posted by hskwarrior
"they suffer from the white man disease. And yeah i know what you're talking about. Its funny to watch."

its not racial. White boys can't dance.

ALL MY WHITE STUDENTS DON'T HAVE RHYTHM. ALL MY NON WHITE STUDENTS HAVE RHYTHM. SO BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T DANCE.

KC has been making a separate point about Lau Bun and race so I don't know who he's referring to when he says "playing the race card." Could be either.

derrrrrr dedeerrrrrrrrrr

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm offended! I can dance.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
i'm offended! I can dance.

post it up.....let's check out your moves. Don't talk about it be about it.:d

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Rope Darts at Dawn

deal. I'll just stay out of your way and let you hurt yourself with that.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:44 PM
post it up.....let's check out your moves. Don't talk about it be about it.:d

Ok, but only because you asked nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEWlDtEt2cQ

And yeah, I'm hitting that too.

Lucas
11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
since we all decend from africa, when you see white guys that can dance, its just repressed genes that found their way into that persons genetic code from the ancient africans. :eek:

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 02:52 PM
since we all decend from africa, when you see white guys that can dance, its just repressed genes that found their way into that persons genetic code from the ancient africans. :eek:

RACIST!:eek:

Lucas
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
RACIST!:eek:

1/4 of me hates 3/4 of me and 3/4 of me all hate each other...i dont even know what races i'm supposed hate the most, i choose to be equal opportunity and hate everyone equally!!

english/french/german/choctaw

my genetics are confused

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 03:01 PM
since we all decend from africa, when you see white guys that can dance, its just repressed genes that found their way into that persons genetic code from the ancient africans.

thats why so many white people are jocking hip hop these days.

Lucas
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
thats why so many white people are jocking hip hop these days.

genetics!!!!!

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:15 PM
"either The learned something from a real teacher a long, long time ago and got extremely rusty, or he learned it from a book or a video. Definitely not "grandmaster" material." You hit the nail on the head. I think The had a real kung tao teacher, but once he came to America and deemed himself "grandmaster" of shaolin-do. Whatever he did was "correct" to his students and he got very rusty.

For what it's worth, I think the learning stuff from books or video came after the fall of the Sportscenter when he had difficult financial times.

That and I doubt he acquired that much before he started frontin. Either that or his teacher was a bad teacher and taught him too much too soon. One or the other. I suspect he acquired a handful of forms in Indonesia and either made up and/or stole the rest. And it is highly likely that what he passed on from his Sifu was different from what he got in the first place.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Everything about you screams that your first contact with CMA was on TV.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:19 PM

You were going to download them to the internetz? You are one dumb mother****er.

Kisses

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:24 PM
can i have a dollar?

You mean borrow?

Go ask Common Sense.

One day it'll make sense!!!

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
everything about you screams that your first contact with cma was on tv.

which is why i really believe he's jake mace. He too acts the same way

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Guys, my first contact with KC was on the internet forums and I ripped into him like you guys have. He does not express himself well in this format. But I can say that KC has more skill than 99.9% of the SD people I have seen (and in my 20 years, I've seen most of them). So while I understand you guys ripping him for his posts, the guy I know is very different than what you see here.

Just my 2 cents.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 03:27 PM
which is why i really believe he's jake mace. He too acts the same way

He is not Jake Mace. Jake Mace wouldn't last 5 seconds with KC if he meant business.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:28 PM
That's a good idea and I've been toying with the idea of cycling on my commute. I'm not really willing otherwise to substitute any of my other exercise regime to add cycling but we'll see. If I do it, I'll let you know whether there's a change.

Swimming would be easier on your joints and a far more rounded exercise. May as well maximize the potential if you're gonna put in the time.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I fell into the trap of trying to defend my self and didnt even need to.

Another admission that supports my original hypothesis.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Please just answer the question and keep your rhetoric to your self , so is a Bigot better than a thief ? Yes or No? KC:)

What does citizenship have to do with the honour and integrity of a style?

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:41 PM

He did... Dumbdumbdumb!

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
guys, my first contact with kc was on the internet forums and i ripped into him like you guys have. He does not express himself well in this format. But i can say that kc has more skill than 99.9% of the sd people i have seen (and in my 20 years, i've seen most of them). So while i understand you guys ripping him for his posts, the guy i know is very different than what you see here.

Just my 2 cents.

he's still a man. Just a man. Yes he can......get hurt that is. If he can fight, thats his credit. There are some of us who can fight too.

A BIGOT IS BETTER THAN A THIEF. A BIGOT IS SOMEONE WHO LOOKS DOWN ON YOU. AND A BIGOT CAN STILL HAVE HONOR. A THIEF ACTUALLY STEALS SOMETHING THAT WAS YOURS. SO I TAKE BIGOT ANYDAY OVER SOMETHING AS DESPICABLE AS FRAUDULENCE. NO HONOR THERE.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
That's a pretty big jump from "not a citizen" to "illegal alien".

No wonder us asians are the perpetual foreigner.

Nah, he's just retarded. Massive leaps in logic. He doesn't even have the intelligence to think it through before he sticks to it. He'll defend anything he says simply because he said it.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 03:52 PM
nah, he's just retarded. Massive leaps in logic. He doesn't even have the intelligence to think it through before he sticks to it. He'll defend anything he says simply because he said it.

the only one i can respect because he stays out of this is mr reiter. The rest of these guys are bumpkins.

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
the only one i can respect because he stays out of this is mr reiter. The rest of these guys are bumpkins.

So you were including me in that one? :rolleyes:

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
he's still a man. Just a man. Yes he can......get hurt that is. If he can fight, thats his credit. There are some of us who can fight too.

A BIGOT IS BETTER THAN A THIEF. A BIGOT IS SOMEONE WHO LOOKS DOWN ON YOU. AND A BIGOT CAN STILL HAVE HONOR. A THIEF ACTUALLY STEALS SOMETHING THAT WAS YOURS. SO I TAKE BIGOT ANYDAY OVER SOMETHING AS DESPICABLE AS FRAUDULENCE. NO HONOR THERE.

Sure he can. All of us can. To my knowledge, he hasn't even learned the 5 Animal Form that Sin The stole from you guys. If I had known at the time I learned it that it was your form I wouldn't have learned it either.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Sure it's possible. His brother tells almost the same history. But it's more likely that these stories were told to add to the mystique of his own self-wrought image.

All of this is why I would like to learn more of what was really taught in Indoneisa and where that material came from. It's a pipe-dream, I know.

Reform is a pipe dream... Revolution NOW!!!

bawang
11-09-2012, 03:58 PM
frank when did you get chinoplasty? i thot u were gwai lo

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 03:59 PM
frank when did you get chinoplasty? i thot u were gwai lo

I'm asian by osmosis.

bawang
11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
u absorb the body fluids of asians?

do u also osmosis the chocolate peoples?

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
u absorb the body fluids of asians?

do u also osmosis the chocolate peoples?

At one time, but those days are gone. Married now.

bawang
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
does ur wife know these forbidden deeds of ur dark past?

that u used to train shaolin do?

Syn7
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
its not racial. White boys can't dance.

ALL MY WHITE STUDENTS DON'T HAVE RHYTHM. ALL MY NON WHITE STUDENTS HAVE RHYTHM. SO BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T DANCE.

derrrrrr dedeerrrrrrrrrr

Aw ****, time for a cipher. Next time I'm in the Bay I'll show you my lack of rhythm. Me vs. You and anyone else you wanna bring. Loser supplies dinner and blunts!!!:D

Syn7
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Must be why I dream in drums.

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 04:22 PM
sure he can. All of us can. To my knowledge, he hasn't even learned the 5 animal form that sin the stole from you guys. If i had known at the time i learned it that it was your form i wouldn't have learned it either.

i can appreciate that

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
does ur wife know these forbidden deeds of ur dark past?

that u used to train shaolin do?

She's a very patient and forgiving woman. And I have a large ****. It balances things out I think.

sean_stonehart
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
She's a very patient and forgiving woman. And I have a large ****. It balances things out I think.

HUh??? I don't get it... wallet is more than 4 spaces????:eek::eek::eek:

hskwarrior
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
HUh??? I don't get it... wallet is more than 4 spaces????

he was really refering to his n-o-s-e

sean_stonehart
11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
he was really refering to his n-o-s-e

RIGHT!!!!!!! That's it!!!!!!!! N-1 O-2 S-3 E-4 ... it fits!!!!

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Ok I have a big wallet too, but I didn't want to brag.

bawang
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
you have a large anus? you are the goatse man?

Judge Pen
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
you have a large anus? you are the goatse man?

nah, I'm asian by osmosis, not injection.

Syn7
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
nah, I'm asian by osmosis, not injection.

So what, are you like some Asian filter? Looking for a solution to the solution? You use your semipermeable membrane to separate the good from the bullsh1t?

Actually, it does sound like what you do for a living. lol. Similes are fun!

Judge Pen
11-10-2012, 05:57 AM
So what, are you like some Asian filter? Looking for a solution to the solution? You use your semipermeable membrane to separate the good from the bullsh1t?

Actually, it does sound like what you do for a living. lol. Similes are fun!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes they are fun.

Honestly, my wife isn't Chinese and I told her when I met her that I did a hybrid style with a hookey lineage that I didn't buy and that was that. Honesty is the best policy.

kwaichang
11-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Guys, my first contact with KC was on the internet forums and I ripped into him like you guys have. He does not express himself well in this format. But I can say that KC has more skill than 99.9% of the SD people I have seen (and in my 20 years, I've seen most of them). So while I understand you guys ripping him for his posts, the guy I know is very different than what you see here.

Just my 2 cents.
JP Honors me with this, I am not good with words I think too abstract at times. I am not dumb though, But my knowledge base is not in computers, I tried to down load 6 Harmonies Staff to U Tube and couldnt figure it out any Ideas. KC
PS open for sum mor lurnin !

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 10:52 AM
JP Honors me with this, I am not good with words I think too abstract at times. I am not dumb though, But my knowledge base is not in computers, I tried to down load 6 Harmonies Staff to U Tube and couldnt figure it out any Ideas. KC
PS open for sum mor lurnin !

that is your problem there. you can't download to youtube. upload only. :p

don't let what JP said about you get to your already lop sided head. you're still too afraid to post a video of yourself demonstrating the skills that JP alleges.

wenshu
11-10-2012, 01:04 PM
you're still too afraid to post a video of yourself demonstrating the skills that JP alleges.

Or any video of anyone demonstrating the purported "but Shaolin Do can really fight".

I'm surprised one of these half wits hasn't linked a jiujitsu video and called it "Shaolin Do".

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Or any video of anyone demonstrating the purported "but Shaolin Do can really fight".

I'm surprised one of these half wits hasn't linked a jiujitsu video and called it "Shaolin Do".

right?!!?! its like Shaolin Do version of rappingand pillaging.

skill is something that can't be denied. if you have it, it shouldn't be hard to see. what they've shown so far is all beginner to intermediate regardless of what color belts they have. sad thing is, its not even good karate.

what i've seen so far could greatly be improved through some serious training and understanding of what they're learning. its just they have no one to actually show them the essence of gung fu. imho this is what they're missing even if they have the forms. essence can't be explained in a word or two. or found in a book or video. it must be felt.

now, i'd let them slide a bit if they were able to show me some effective applications of what they have. and if they do it like jake the fake, they're in serious trouble.

kwaichang
11-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Wow guys thanks for all the help in uploading down loading or sideloading a video, You were so much help i dont know what to say. BTW HSK you said you wanted a DVD /vid of GMThe not me look at your posts. I never said I would put one up of me. But some day whan I am older I might. KC:)

wenshu
11-10-2012, 01:21 PM
what they've shown so far is all beginner to intermediate

That's a rather generous assessment.

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 01:23 PM
i said this because i know for a fact that many white guys don't have rhythm. it shows in everyone without rhtyhm. it affects your timing which is why i said what i said after watching Shaolin Do guys. all white folks, and even the black guy didn't show rhythm. this isn't an insult, its a fact.

for example, i teach this big white guy that has no rhythm wutsoeva. he's done a few styles, but is all left feet. i told him once your learn rhythm your wife will love you. hahahaha.

white man's disease only exists as long as white folks remain rhythmless. :D

That's a rather generous assessment.

yeah, i didn't want to crush their dreams. LOLOL

MasterKiller
11-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Wow guys thanks for all the help in uploading down loading or sideloading a video, You were so much help i dont know what to say. BTW HSK you said you wanted a DVD /vid of GMThe not me look at your posts. I never said I would put one up of me. But some day whan I am older I might. KC:)

I have a black belt with three stripes in Internet Do. What format is the original video in?

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 01:26 PM
wenshu/HSK
Wow guys thanks for all the help in uploading down loading or sideloading a video, You were so much help i dont know what to say. BTW HSK you said you wanted a DVD /vid of GMThe not me look at your posts. I never said I would put one up of me. But some day whan I am older I might. KC

nah, i changed my mind. i want to see YOUR video. your boy JP pumped you up. so i'm sure there's a few of us on here that want to see greatness. honestly, i can't deny skill either. so if you have it, i'll give it to ya. (from the back...haha).

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I have a black belt with three stripes in Internet Do. What format is the original video in?

I have a black belt that i believe to have 7 stripes until i realized the belt had stretchmarks. :D

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
i know someone in kentucky felt my power that was mistaken for a 4.3 earthquake. my chi is strong.

* seriously hope no one was injured.

Kellen Bassette
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
i said this because i know for a fact that many white guys don't have rhythm. it shows in everyone without rhtyhm. it affects your timing which is why i said what i said after watching Shaolin Do guys. all white folks, and even the black guy didn't show rhythm. this isn't an insult, its a fact.

for example, i teach this big white guy that has no rhythm wutsoeva. he's done a few styles, but is all left feet. i told him once your learn rhythm your wife will love you. hahahaha.

white man's disease only exists as long as white folks remain rhythmless. :D

I don't think not having rhythm is the proper term. I'm white and can absolutely not dance for crap, but I'm a musician...and it would be pretty tough to play without rhythm. I also feel like I've got good rhythm in my forms....whatever the disease is, it seems to only effect the part of my brain that deals with dancing...

MasterKiller
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't think not having rhythm is the proper term. I'm white and can absolutely not dance for crap, but I'm a musician...and it would be pretty tough to play without rhythm. I also feel like I've got good rhythm in my forms....whatever the disease is, it seems to only effect the part of my brain that deals with dancing...
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/sunny2.gif

Kellen Bassette
11-10-2012, 05:36 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/sunny2.gif

That's not cool Master Killer...I did not give you permission to post my instructional video! :mad:

kwaichang
11-10-2012, 05:39 PM
That wasnt your Chi man It was that I passed Gas. KC The force is strong with that one.

Syn7
11-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I see your bet and raise you with:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii123/lifeslaver/dancing-bear.gif

Syn7
11-10-2012, 06:01 PM
That wasnt your Chi man It was that I passed Gas. KC The force is strong with that one.

What do you need to know about how to upload?

What did you do that didn't work? Question #1 Do you have an account? Or did you just go to Youtube and look for a download button? And yes, the actual term is upload. One is giving, the other is taking.

Syn7
11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

Now that's rhythm....!!!

wenshu
11-10-2012, 06:11 PM
http://www.syffal.com/sites/default/files/image/BigLebowskiDance.gif

Syn7
11-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Is that from the Big Lebowski? It's been so long since I saw that one. I just remember that I like it. ALOT!

Still need help KC? Let us know what you did, what you don't understand, and we'll help you work it out. Once you complete it the first time, it will be easy for you for the next time. It's really easy once you understand what's going on.

Syn7
11-10-2012, 09:14 PM
http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2011/11/bananagrape5.gif

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/smith4.gif

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 09:38 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/taaker/dance.gif

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 09:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/scbiggles/animation/1zog9l3.gif

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 09:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/scbiggles/animation/1203301445053.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/scbiggles/animation/dance.gif

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 10:14 PM
shaolin do with rhythm

http://gifs.gifbin.com/3282yu7074.gif

hskwarrior
11-10-2012, 10:16 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

http://animationsa2z.com/attachments/Image/animals/animals6.gif

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab265/weltenbummler1949/Jokes%20Fun%20Bromas/DancingMonkeys.gif

play this beat in another window and watch these monkeys dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC1u6iEpFkI

Syn7
11-10-2012, 11:08 PM
shaolin do with rhythm

http://gifs.gifbin.com/3282yu7074.gif

It's Hammer Time!

Can't touch this....

One student
11-11-2012, 10:07 AM
why should you be treated with respect when we all know the primary learning source for your school comes from books,vcds, dvds, and youtube.

What then is your explanation for what he taught originally in the 60's, before there was Internet, YouTube, videos or DVD's? Where did that material, modified or original, come from, other than his CHINESE teachers at the Chuan Yen school in Indonesia? And, that is the "primary learning source" for those who have been in the system the longest, and who most SD practitioners would recognize as the best of the SD practitioners, and who would put them up against anyone.

One student
11-11-2012, 10:52 AM
And I would like to know if Lau Bun ever became an american citizen , thereis talk he didnt, if so he was another Asian profiting off stupid american people. GwaiLo KC:)

Good for you, trying to take a higher road. I read this thread to get insight on martial arts, SD and otherwise. It would be about half as long and take about half as much time to keep up with it if the "you are bad" and "I am not" and the grammar attacks and semantic debates were eliminated. Is there a separate thread where people who don't like each other and want to insult each other, or pump themselves up, maybe dishonoring themselves in the process, can go to do that, so the rest of us who are interested in actual information don't have to wade through it?

hskwarrior
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
What then is your explanation for what he taught originally in the 60's, before there was Internet, YouTube, videos or DVD's? Where did that material, modified or original, come from, other than his CHINESE teachers at the Chuan Yen school in Indonesia? And, that is the "primary learning source" for those who have been in the system the longest, and who most SD practitioners would recognize as the best of the SD practitioners, and who would put them up against anyone.

i'm not gonna even try to wonder what he taught back then. in my case in regards to your shaolin do, your founder took our form from a book and is teaching it without our permission. beyond that......GOOD LUCK.

http://www.syffal.com/sites/default/files/image/BigLebowskiDance.gif

brucereiter
11-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Who knows but if sin the did not tell so many lies it would be much easier to find out.
When I say sin the lies I should qualify that with I asked sin the where the 24 form came from and if the tai chi 64 form was Chang man Ching's form. He said they were both from Shaolin temple ... He lied to me personally. Why did he lie to me. What is there to gain?

The one who has been with sin the longest shows a very strange understanding of Bagua, Tai chi chuan and hsing I (arts which they both claim to be masters of)

I am pretty sure sin the did not learn chen 83 xin jia before 1968.
It is possible he learned yang tai chi but unlikely if you listen to sin the' own words about his training. The man has contradicted himself many times.

Sin the claims to have met a crazy man when he was a teen and that this is who he learned internal from. From his own words he did not learn internal from ie chang ming. If you are interested in specific details it is all out there for anyone to find.

Add up the available time. When did sin the learn hsing I, Bagua or tai chi CHUAN not just yang but chen and the 24 form which he called the "Shaolin tai chi 24 form".
This is a lot of material to master in such a short time as a teen who is wroking a job and going to school in addition to martial arts. Remember we still have the other 880 some forms.

I personally have put in a lot of time to learn more about these arts after my introduction at the csc atl. I have no problem with any student trying to increase their knowledge about the material they have learned but I do want them to know what the truth is.

hskwarrior
11-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Remember we still have the other 880 some forms.

whoa are you serious? there's no need ever to have 880 forms

i'm sorry you got lied to bro

kwaichang
11-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I enjoyed my time in SD, i was about to test for Master Level when an injury and truth hit. I am not sure what was taught circa 1980 but I do know it was slower and more emphasis was on 1-30 I started in 81 so I remember what was said and in 92 the lies continued. I love training and had it not been for my prior experience in 7 star Tang Lang and Hung Jia I just assumed that it was different but always did say Hummm. I will cont to do my forms of choice and persue training elsewhere I have found a Tang Lang teacher and another CMA teacher, He has teachers come in from China and Wu Dang as well. KC

Shaolin Wookie
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Sin the claims to have met a crazy man when he was a teen and that this is who he learned internal from.

LOL. Not a good story for the sake of credentials. I wonder how anyone can say CMC's Yang short form is "Shaolin" while GM The' gives two separate origins for it, one of which involves this "crazy" (a generic "Wong") Chinese dude.

I do wonder, though ,why there's no stepping in cloud hands postures.

brucereiter
11-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I do wonder, though ,why there's no stepping in cloud hands postures.

I have wondered that too. I wonder if that is a change sin he made? I have not sceen it without stepping anywhere else.

Maybe the book was not clear enough to learn the stepping from.

OTD
11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
There are three (3) steps in Cloud hands
One with the Left foot to the Left after Each
Set of Rise and Fall.

Syn7
11-11-2012, 04:06 PM

BOOKS! I'm not saying he got all his material from books. I'm just saying, TCMA frauds have been learning from books for centuries.

bodhi warrior
11-11-2012, 04:10 PM
There are three (3) steps in Cloud hands
One with the Left foot to the Left after Each
Set of Rise and Fall.

64 or 24? I learned 64 in '85 from sin the' and Eric smith. There was no stepping during cloud hands.

Syn7
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I enjoyed my time in SD, i was about to test for Master Level when an injury and truth hit. I am not sure what was taught circa 1980 but I do know it was slower and more emphasis was on 1-30 I started in 81 so I remember what was said and in 92 the lies continued. I love training and had it not been for my prior experience in 7 star Tang Lang and Hung Jia I just assumed that it was different but always did say Hummm. I will cont to do my forms of choice and persue training elsewhere I have found a Tang Lang teacher and another CMA teacher, He has teachers come in from China and Wu Dang as well. KC

So you chose not to test for master because of the controversy? You mind clearing that up for me?

OTD
11-11-2012, 04:30 PM
BW

@"Wook" I believe was speaking of the Short Form in his post?

<QUOTE>
LOL. Not a good story for the sake of credentials. I wonder how anyone can say CMC's Yang short form is "Shaolin" while GM The' gives two separate origins for it, one of which involves this "crazy" (a generic "Wong") Chinese dude

I do wonder, though ,why there's no stepping in cloud hands postures

<QUOTE>

bodhi warrior
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
BW

@"Wook" I believe was speaking of the Short Form in his post?

<QUOTE>
LOL. Not a good story for the sake of credentials. I wonder how anyone can say CMC's Yang short form is "Shaolin" while GM The' gives two separate origins for it, one of which involves this "crazy" (a generic "Wong") Chinese dude

I do wonder, though ,why there's no stepping in cloud hands postures

<QUOTE>

Cheng man chings short form is our tai chi 64, with some differences, not tai chi 24.

OTD
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Doh' !
Senior Moment
as Rosanne Rosanadanna would say "Nevermind!"
Oops.........

bodhi warrior
11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Doh' !
Senior Moment
as Rosanne Rosanadanna would say "Nevermind!"
Oops.........

Lol. I know the feeling. On the 64 version on cloud hands, I have modified the way I do it to be more like a silk reeling practice while keeping the same stances.

Judge Pen
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I have wondered that too. I wonder if that is a change sin he made? I have not sceen it without stepping anywhere else.

Maybe the book was not clear enough to learn the stepping from.

I was taught 24 with "cloud hands" as my teacher put it. Then I saw 24 done by others and saw that that posture was incorrect.

Empty_Cup
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Sin the claims to have met a crazy man when he was a teen and that this is who he learned internal from. From his own words he did not learn internal from ie chang ming. If you are interested in specific details it is all out there for anyone to find.

This statement is inaccurate as I understand it. The story I have always heard is that after challenging an internal MA and getting beaten, GMS asked GMI about it and that's when GMI began teaching him internal styles.

After seeing the specialties of the Chung Yen teachers I actually believe it's highly likely GMS learned his internal styles directly from them.

Judge Pen
11-11-2012, 05:31 PM
This statement is inaccurate as I understand it. The story I have always heard is that after challenging an internal MA and getting beaten, GMS asked GMI about it and that's when GMI began teaching him internal styles.

After seeing the specialties of the Chung Yen teachers I actually believe it's highly likely GMS learned his internal styles directly from them.

I've heard both stories which just goes to show that there are so many untruths told that we will never know what is true.

Empty_Cup
11-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I was taught 24 with "cloud hands" as my teacher put it. Then I saw 24 done by others and saw that that posture was incorrect.

???
"cloud hands" or "wave hands like clouds" begins at 2:28 in this clip.

Empty_Cup
11-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I've heard both stories which just goes to show that there are so many untruths told that we will never know what is true.

Ah, I had never heard the other story. I agree these two are inconsistent.

Judge Pen
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
???
"cloud hands" or "wave hands like clouds" begins at 2:28 in this clip.

Yes. That's how I do it now, but I was taught differently. But that posture was called "cloud hands" by the teacher that taught me 24 (for the record it was not Garry Mullins).