PDA

View Full Version : you'll never know when...

Oso
09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
just got word that an older kung fu brother of mine had a heart attack and died...dude was less than 10 years older than me and still kept in decent shape and didn't smoke or drink heavily at all...kinda makes you wonder...

Meat Shake
09-29-2004, 11:01 AM
First off... My condolences about your friend.
You can still look good on the outside and have clogged arteries from years of improper diet. Not too long ago here in town some lady that was an avid daily jogger and fitness freak had a heart attack... Im still not sure exactly why, I just remember hearing about it on the news. Just go to the doctor for regular checkups if your family has a history of that sort of thing. I know mine does... :(
But there are too many individual factors to really stress yourself on it... Besides, stress can be one of the contributing factors. ;)

Oso
09-29-2004, 06:08 PM
thanks...

yea, I know there are a lot of factors but from what I knew he didn't have any particular bad eating habits...not stressing about it but there were apparently no warning signs or anything for him.

and, I just found out he was only 38, just a year older.

He was a black sash under my old sifu when I joined the school and stopped training regularly only a year or two after but was instrumental in my initial training so I had him pegged a bit older.

rogue
09-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear that Oso. The feeling of living forever leaves quick when something like this happens.

Oso
09-29-2004, 06:24 PM
thanks,bro.

btw, Markel finally sent me a quote for about $50 more than what i got local.

and I see that they are in Glen Allen now, didn't get that from the website.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-29-2004, 06:48 PM
sorry man.

we lost our senior student out of nowhere as well so i know how it is. it's ****ed up.

blooming lotus
09-29-2004, 08:26 PM
ditto on the condolences, but heart trouble can stem from soo many sources and diet and stress are only two.

take care of your selves and don't forget a moment to chill ........