1331 Juan Tabo NE
(Just north of Constitution)
Albuquerque, NM.

To Register Contact:
Mr. Jake Burroughs / Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
505-385-2987 or three_harmonies@hotmail.com
www.threeharmonies.com

Friday Night 6-9pm: Leg Locks
This seminar will focus on finishing leg locks from takedowns. We will be led through a series of knee bars, ankle locks, leg locks, and finishing submissions under Tim’s watchful eye. Tim will also teach several takedowns and throws from kicks. How many times have you taken your sparring partner down after catching his kick, or seizing his leg, and not known how to finish off with a submission? In this intensive seminar Tim Cartmell will draw upon his extensive training in the Chinese arts of throwing and locking (shuai / na), and over 9 years of Brazilian Jiujitsu under Cleber Luciano, to teach you the principles, techniques, and application in order to improve your understanding of locking the lower limbs.

Saturday 12pm-4pm: Sensitivity Training in the Chinese Martial Arts
Saturday’s workshop will use the principles of effortless power, listening or sensing intention in your opponent, and utilizing proper body mechanics in order to issue maximum power with minimal strain, to offer a comprehensive overview of sensitivity training. These seminars are open to all levels and styles. This training is not style specific; therefore it can benefit anyone from any background.
• Learn a variety of drills and variations from the arts of Xing Yi, Bagua, Taiji, and other systems
• Learn to properly utilize gravity and structural alignment
• Leave this seminar with a better understanding of how to apply martial techniques to your push hands, or sensitivity, training
• Learn how issue effortless power and control over your opponent
• Better you martial art’s training by incorporating these principles into your current practice

Sunday 9am-1pm: Throws, Takedowns, and Locks
In this workshop we will focus on the throwing and locking arts (shuai / na) of Xing Yi. Few people teach these very simple, yet effective applications in their Xing Yi curriculum. While Xing Yi is certainly a powerful striking art, its takedowns and locks are some of the most brutal, and effortless to perform. We will cover applications, principles, and drills from the Five Elements, 12 Animals, and various set’s. Tim has spent over half of his life learning the arts of Shanxi and Hebei Xing Yi, and wrote the book “Effortless Combat Throws,” which should be required reading in many martial arts schools.
• Learn various techniques and principles and then apply them in realistic fight scenarios
• Anyone can benefit from this training NO PRIOR XING YI KNOWLEDGE NEEDED!!!!!
• Xing Yi tends to work more linear, therefore many of these throws, takedowns, and locks are not what you see in Judo and similar arts.
• All of this training is considered “Close Quarter” so anyone from any style can benefit from this seminar

This is a wonderful opportunity for those of you interested in next years Sun Taiji intensives here in Albuquerque, NM. to check out Tim and his teaching style. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Tim Cartmell:
Tim is known throughout the martial arts community as a no non-sense teacher and fighter. He analyzes all techniques and theories and discards anything that he cannot teach to someone quickly and easily. His attention to detail has led him to write, and translate many books and articles, and his seminars are no less informative. We usually leave with so much info our heads hurt!
Tim has studied and fought full contact in both China and Taiwan for over 12 years, and has since dedicated his life to teaching, and training in these wonderful arts. For more info on Tim visit www.shenwu.com

iWalkTheCircle
10-05-2004, 10:48 AM
3H,

Hope I can make it to this..... We'll talk when u get to Denver.

cheers,
JH =)

norther practitioner
10-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Jake,

You coming up, and you haven't told me... bastich....

GeneChing
10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
We do have a place where you can post seminars for free - check out our calender (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php?month=11&year=2004)

Three Harmonies
10-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Northern-
My bad. I ahve been swamped lately. Did you not get my "Martial Goings On"? I will be up Friday night for the Shuai Chiao seminar. Are you coming to it? Give me a call on my cell sometime.

Jake

Three Harmonies
10-06-2004, 05:56 AM
Thanks Mr Ching! I had not noticed before.
Jake