PDA

View Full Version : The Asian Vote

GeneChing
09-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Here's one for y'all. Check this out (http://www.leastlikely.com)

Shaolinlueb
09-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Here's one for y'all. Check this out (http://www.leastlikely.com)

and?

:D :o yeah i saw that.
dont you think tis kinda sterotypical they have asians doing martial art fights? not all asians know martial arts :o

David Jamieson
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
ooooo kelly hu is still a cutie.

I figured just about anyone 18-25 was least likely to vote seeing as they simply don't really give a dang about guvment too much.

it's funny how the years change your opinions and attitudes towards the nation you live in though.

Now get out there and vote! Kelly Hu says so and you know you wanna do what she tells you to. :p

oh, and for the girls, russell said so, so be good girls and do what he wants. lol

red5angel
09-30-2004, 02:26 PM
I'd watch the movie.

CaptinPickAxe
09-30-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm 20. I'm very politically active. I'm voting...I think that statistic might change this year.

...and that asian girl was fine as hell!!!

MonkeySlap Too
09-30-2004, 02:40 PM
I want to see more of that girl in the gauze outfit...

Icewater
09-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Vote = good. Hot asian chick = Vote. Hot Asian Chick = Good.

What was the point of the video again? Oh yeah, hot asian chick...

IronFist
09-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
not all asians know martial arts :o

For real?

GeneChing
10-01-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't think it's stereotypical at all in this case. I see it more as a play on the HK film genre. Hot chicks, martial arts, yep I love HK film.:cool:

SifuAbel
10-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Ming na is real sexy 41 year old.

Oso
10-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Ming na is real sexy 41 year old.

no way...

(google pictures quickly replacing this window)

SifuAbel
10-01-2004, 03:20 PM
way..............

Oso
10-01-2004, 03:43 PM
i'm gonna have to go with Maggie Q, i like em tall and willowy.

Shaolinlueb
10-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I don't think it's stereotypical at all in this case. I see it more as a play on the HK film genre. Hot chicks, martial arts, yep I love HK film.:cool:

i love hk film too. i wasn't being serious :o

that chick with the tatoo under her eye is 41? :frisky: ****.

Serpent
10-01-2004, 08:47 PM
That's great. Is there a longer version? Mrs Serpent wants to know when the movie is coming out, cos she thinks that was a **** fine trailer! ;)

:)

.....And now that Mrs Serpent has gone back to her book, I'd like to put my vote on Tamlyn Tomita. And that's not all I'd like to put on her!

Oh, hello dear! No, it was just a joke....

ahahaha...

Ow ow stopit OWAARRRGGHHH!

Serpent
10-01-2004, 08:48 PM
*Typing with broken fingers*

Ming Na is uber-hot too!

blooming lotus
10-01-2004, 11:46 PM
1stly lo extremly loud, and secondly you think chicky was hot.... check Jackie for a 65 + er you wouldn't mind a night with!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :D :D :p

Serpent
10-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Jackie who?

Kristoffer
10-02-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
*Typing with broken fingers*

Ming Na is uber-hot too!

:D

blooming lotus
10-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Jackie who?

Chan ..... for some errr gongfu....... :rolleyes:

stupid comment really, but I had a crush on that guy for 6mths!!! :eek:

lol ....:rolleyes:

Royal Dragon
10-02-2004, 07:54 AM
LOL!!! and 7* still thinks MMA girls can beat Kung Fu Chicks!!!!

SPJ
10-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Culture shock for me.

Sand Da fighting girls are serious fighters, too.

http://www.ws.com.cn/2003/china-us/wuchaolai.shtml

http://www.ws.com.cn/2003/china-us/morgn.shtml

http://www.ws.com.cn/nvzisanda.shtml

:D

Serpent
10-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
Chan ..... for some errr gongfu....... :rolleyes:

stupid comment really, but I had a crush on that guy for 6mths!!! :eek:

lol ....:rolleyes:
You think Jackie Chan is 65+?

:confused:

blooming lotus
10-02-2004, 09:24 PM
would you believe 60 + ?????????????

I don't know really , but he 's way out of my age group and the guy is sexy as hell ?? :eek: :eek: :o :D

Serpent
10-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Why don't you actually try to find out things instead of making these wild assumptions!?

Here, I'll show you how:

www.google.com

search: jackie chan

result:

http://www.jackie-chan.com/

> About Jackie Chan > Biography >
"Jackie Chan (born Chan Kong-sang, as a tribute to his native Hong Kong) can trace his origins to Hong Kong, where he was born to parents Charles and Lee-Lee Chan on April 7, 1954."

So that makes him 50.

Lesson # 42,356. No charge.

blooming lotus
10-02-2004, 09:54 PM
alrighty then, 50 's not so bad, but unfortunately for me and the rest of his groupies ( which considering your own JC knowledge , we'll leave right there ;) :P :) :) ) , the guy's married and childed anyway....bummer ha

Serpent
10-03-2004, 12:03 AM
( which considering your own JC knowledge , we'll leave right there ;) :P :) :) ) ,
I googled it, you imbecile.

blooming lotus
10-03-2004, 05:08 AM
nice to have you back in form :D :p

SPJ
10-03-2004, 07:15 AM
A few thoughts for the candidates.

1. Use the the army for a rapid win. Never use it for long duration. Fight a long war and benifit the country, it never happened. (Sun Tzu)

He recommended to the King of Wu, when Wu's 30,000 army ocuppied Zhu's capital Ying Zhen for 2 years. No matter what King of Wu did, giving away free food, we are liberating you, etc Wu was not welcomed by Zhu's subjects. (100,000 eagles in alibaba land)

2. Lao Tzu said Wu Wei. A good king will not fight many wars. He or she will not place too much tax, conscript for labor or soldiering. So that people may study, rest and contribute to the economic. The country is stronger and richer this way.

3. Qin Si Huang used 2/3 of his subjects (populace) to build the Great Wall. His dynasty did not last long. (extremes of houseyard security)

On and on.

SPJ
10-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Cast your ballot.

GeneChing
10-04-2004, 05:23 PM
If you read our magazine (you remember, the one that sponsors our forum here?) you'd have seen my piece on Jackie turning 50 in our Sep Oct 2004 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=531) issue. You dind't even have to read the article since we put it on the cover in a cover blurb. I think you people all better get out your credit cards and subscribe (http://store.martialartsmart.net/19341.html) right now! It would save on you typing w . w . w . g o o ... ;)

Serpent
10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
LOL. Busted! :eek:

Over here it's not always that easy to find a copy of the mag, but I did pick up the most recent with Jet Li on the cover. That feminist spiel at the start by Gigi is a bit unneccessary. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise! ;)

phoenix-eye
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Ming Na - very nice for her age

but....can't.......get.......white.....ER.....coat ......out.....of.....my.....head.....

Something about her voice as well - a bit mumsy....?

Nice....but......

PE

MoreMisfortune
10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
I think the real issue is being put aside by you people's sexual drive. Personally I recommend you to look past the sexual propaganda that invades our lives everyday and focus on what really matters. Thank you :)

Serpent
10-04-2004, 06:28 PM
OK, I'm taking votes now on who MoreMisfortune really is....

;)

blooming lotus
10-04-2004, 07:06 PM
LOL. Busted! :eek:

Over here it's not always that easy to find a copy of the mag, but I did pick up the most recent with Jet Li on the cover. That feminist spiel at the start by Gigi is a bit unneccessary. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise! ;)

Serps, I know that in the Asian shopping village / mall tower near the Sydney central train station ( to the left west exit, straight down, quick right then 45 % left ) they stock kfm at the ground floor newsagency and also at borders if you know of one locally.

If not borders brisbane city accept mail delivery with credit card details .

cheers

Serpent
10-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Serps, I know that in the Asian shopping village / mall tower near the Sydney central train station ( to the left west exit, straight down, quick right then 45 % left ) they stock kfm at the ground floor newsagency and also at borders if you know of one locally.

If not borders brisbane city accept mail delivery with credit card details .

cheers
I spend half my life in and around Chinatown in Sydney and I have no idea where you're talking about. "Asian shopping village / mall tower"? "45 % left"?

:confused:

Anyway, I could find it easily enough if I really searched it out. It's just not that readily available that I always spot it and buy a copy.

Thanks anyway. I think...

blooming lotus
10-05-2004, 01:10 AM
there's a back packers / travellers accom place with netcafe, airport shuttle stop and a restaurant on the left of the pedestrian tunnel exit side of the station, follow the above directions from there and I assure you they will nearly always have a copy or 3 on their stands ( including backissues) ....and you're welcome.