PDA

View Full Version : on a road rage encounter

russellsherry
09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
hi guys, the other day , my girlfriend was dropping me of at the train, station , from , her work , and this mug cuts her off,
well , nicky turned into the carpark and he did not see me on the , passenenger, side as he was coming over to yell abouse i got out of nicky"s car and he hesatated , i said very carmly if you make a move the cops will be here intwo minutues , then hesaw my walking cane in which ihad no intenion of useing of couse?,and told to get the hell away you have two witness till your word and he got back into the car and waited to se id i would leave, so after a minute, he was still their , i walked slowly, toward him and he took off nicky got his rego by the way i was very calm but a little worried with having someone else their, i did not want it to get ino a punch on remembeing the last court case
peace russellshery what would you guys have done?

Miles Teg
09-30-2004, 06:46 PM
You guys have got those hard core anti road rage laws now dont you? My dad told me he went over their and people actually let him in and stuff.

Probably a matter of time before the same laws come to NZ. Just like the scare campaigns on T.V. Aweful to watch but very effective.

lawrenceofidaho
09-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by russellsherry
i did not want it to get ino a punch on remembeing the last court case
peace russellshery what would you guys have done?

Sounds like you handled it perfectly. The situation was resolved with; no one hurt, no damage to property, and no laws broken. :cool:

BTW, what was "the last court case" you were referring to? :confused:

-Lawrence

AmanuJRY
09-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Russle,

I agree that you handled it quite well. ;)

I could only speculate how I would have handled it based on my impression of the 'antagonist'. Since I wasn't there, I can't really say. Basing it on what you have stated, I can say I would have acted the same in staying with your girlfriend until the threat had passed and taking the vehicle info in case of future conflict. Also, I would not have facilitated violence by making any agressive 'threats' (I would be prepared for violence, though), and used assertive 'threats', as you did.

russellsherry
10-05-2004, 04:45 PM
hi , guys lawernce the court case i was talking about was a simaler case and a friend was wrongley accused and was proven innocent, this policewoman had it in for us imagine me getting a cop upset peacerussellsherry