PDA

View Full Version : Civil or go

Sihing73
08-11-2001, 02:07 PM
Hello,

Once again there seems to be an undercurrent of hostility beginning to run throughout the forum. Postings are starting to turn to a more personal note rather than remain useful and non-threatening or insulting. Some people wish to post in a manner which seems to offend others. You know who you are so I will not mention names.

I have no wish to ban anyone nor should I need to read every single post to insure people are behaving like adults. However, if this is what needs to be done then I am sure it can be arranged.

I would ask that everyone refrain from posting personal comments directed to one another and only put forth information which will be of some use or help to others. If you have nothing of benefit to say, or are unwilling to post information in a manner which will be helpful, then please DON'T!!

If need be I will begin the process of restricting certain members from using this board. I really prefer not to. You were doing so well for a short time please return to being helpful.

Thank you.

Peace,

Dave

weakstudent
08-11-2001, 03:40 PM
whats going on ?

nelson

Sihing73
08-11-2001, 04:37 PM
Hi Weakstudent,

If you read some of the posts you will find exactly what I am talking about. I am sure it is no mystery to those involved.

Most people on this forum are willing to look beyond politics and divisions of lineage and actually try to converse in a mature and intelligent manner. However, there are still those who insist on trying to stir the pot by making remarks directed at individulas, their sifus or various families. Some of these people hide behind cryptic postings which are supposed to show thier knowledge but instead promote thier ignorance.

My feelings on this are simple; if you wish to share what you know, or your opinions then fine. If you simply want to try and impress everyone with your "knowledge" then please do so somewhere else. I can assure you, I may not always be right but I am rarely impressed by someone who will not answer a simple straightforward question or hides their knowledge, or lack thereof, by not even crediting those who taught them.

Peace,

Dave

Sharky
08-11-2001, 07:11 PM
if you mean me, sorry.

My anus is superiorâ„¢

Sihing73
08-11-2001, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

No need to point fingers or name names. If you think my post refers to you or something you posted just think about it. If what I said applies then just refrain and move on.

This is not a place to administer blame nor judegment. However, it is a place to exchange knowledge. So, with this in mind lets just move forward with a fresh start.

Peace,

Dave

mun hung
08-11-2001, 08:16 PM
IMO, I think everyone here on this board has something to contribute. I think that Whipping Hand has (willingly?/unwillingly?) given us some good input in his mysteriously cryptic, and condescending manner. I kinda like him around. Makes things more interesting.

If you don't like him - just ignore him! ;)

Sharky
08-11-2001, 08:22 PM
heh, that means it was me...

My anus is superiorâ„¢

[Censored]
08-13-2001, 09:08 PM
Do we really need a babysitter? If a post offends you, why not simply look away from the screen?

Ars vitae
08-14-2001, 09:56 AM
Some people are defeating the purpose of the original post.

DISCONTINUE POSTING BINARY SEWAGE OR BE PREPARED FOR MODERATION BANNING

Thank you, this has been a Wing Chun Dysfunctional Family Announcement. :mad:

Nat from UK
08-14-2001, 10:00 AM
You want to know why ?
Just check out the Hong Kong Forums and see what they have degenerated into.

You need to trawl through the 5 pages of abuse to actually find a question with an answer. Then even the real threads eventually turn abusive.

This is the best forum on the net because it is monitored not despite the fact.

Nat from UK