PDA

View Full Version : why do w.c. guys always talk about lineage?

ng mui rules
08-13-2001, 06:48 AM
I am sick and tired of wing chun guys going on and on about their lineage. It doesn't matter if you learned from yip man himself if you sink as a fighter. I don't even know what lineage my wing chun is from. all i know is that my sifu, Ron Bey, learned from Fred Wu, and Fred Wu learned it in mainland china, not Hong Kong. So I wish the wing chun comunity would shut up and put their hands up in the ring and prove that wing chun does really work. I'm saying this because the Karate community has little respect for the wing chun community because we never fight and we don't train with the same focus and sheer power they do, so recently when ever a wing chun guy is up against a good karate guy the karate guy blows away the wing chun guy. I love wing chun. I just wish the rest of the wing chun practioners out there would really have faith in thier system.

wingchun.com
08-13-2001, 08:53 AM
The Karate community?
Bwha haaa haa haa haa.

Next you'll be talking about how the TKD community sneers at us. LOL. wipes away tears.

Karate is fairly irrelevant. You should graduate to MMA where they don't even consider Karate or Kung fu to be in the same league.

Given the record of Karate and Kung Fu in NHB events over the past 7 years, they (MMA folks)have a point.

Karate tournaments aren't the key, NHB events are.

As to lineage, it simply gives an indication of where what you are doing comes from and some degree of the quality control or lack thereof. It has no bearing on the individual's skill or lack thereof. As skill depends not only on the source from the instructor but the ability of the individual to train hard, and acquire the skill.

And for all your skill, if you don't have a fighter's mindset in combat, then it is not going to be a good result either.

whippinghand
08-13-2001, 08:48 PM
Why should we have faith in the system, when you over there, wherever you are, are getting your butt kicked by a Karate guy. Faith starts with you...

rogue
08-13-2001, 09:23 PM
Hey Planet

From someone who's in the TKD and karate community here's a sneer. :mad: #$%^$ mullet heads. :rolleyes:

:D

Rogue, you're an @ss!! Watchman

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

BTW, did I mention that Rogue was an @ss? Watchman

anerlich
08-13-2001, 11:16 PM
I am sick and tired of wing chun guys going on and on about their lineage.

I am sick and tired of you posting polls with only one option. If it's a poll, you are meant to give people a choice.

Come to think of it, I am also sick and tired of you posting long winded rants from an obvious base of ignorance and self-centredness.

whippinghand
08-14-2001, 06:35 AM
...to that.

rogue
08-14-2001, 02:07 PM
Maybe it's a zen kind of thing.

Rogue, you're an @ss!! Watchman

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

BTW, did I mention that Rogue was an @ss? Watchman

kungfu cowboy
08-14-2001, 02:29 PM
:D

"I ain't got time for no jibber-jabber!"-----Mr. T